From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.music.dylan
Subject: Re: The Double Life of Bob Dylan
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 10:33:22 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 9 Jan 2022 10:33 UTC

Zod wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 11:05:26 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>>
>> I haven't read a Clinton Heylin book in about thirty years, but this one was at the library today and looks pretty interesting.
>>
>> Any thoughts on it out there?

> Anything really NEW in the book....?

To me, yes.

Heylin describes the miles of footage shot on the 1966 World tour... fascinating material, again nothing really earth shaking, but good new Dylan trivia.

The attempted drug bust in Australia, Spring 1966. Never heard of any of that until now.

Seems to be an expanded version of his 1980s biography "Behind the Shades". A lot of new material though.

I've read Scaduto, Spitz, Shelton, Williams and earlier Heylin, and there are new details here. Not all particularly earth shaking, but new and interesting details nevertheless.

Re: The Double Life of Bob Dylan

<7b2c76f2-7f0f-4215-af4f-c60132a897c8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=13958&group=rec.music.dylan#13958

Newsgroups: rec.music.dylan
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 15:35:29 -0800 (PST)
From: tsto...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 23:35 UTC

On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at 5:35:07 AM UTC-5, will.d...@gmail.com wrote:
> Zod wrote:
> > On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 11:05:26 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> >>
> >> I haven't read a Clinton Heylin book in about thirty years, but this one was at the library today and looks pretty interesting.
> >>
> >> Any thoughts on it out there?
>
> > Anything really NEW in the book....?
> To me, yes.
>
> Heylin describes the miles of footage shot on the 1966 World tour... fascinating material, again nothing really earth shaking, but good new Dylan trivia.
>
> The attempted drug bust in Australia, Spring 1966. Never heard of any of that until now.
>
> Seems to be an expanded version of his 1980s biography "Behind the Shades". A lot of new material though.
>
> I've read Scaduto, Spitz, Shelton, Williams and earlier Heylin, and there are new details here. Not all particularly earth shaking, but new and interesting details nevertheless.

Of interest

arts / rec.music.dylan / Re: The Double Life of Bob Dylan