His life was formal; his actions seemed ruled with a ruler.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Quote of the Day --Barack Obama

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Quote of the Day --Barack ObamaWill Dockery
`* Re: Quote of the Day --Barack ObamaGeneral-Zod
 +* Re: Quote of the Day --Barack ObamaW.Dockery
 |`- Re: Quote of the Day --Barack ObamaZod
 `- Re: Quote of the Day --Barack ObamaW-Dockery

1
Re: Quote of the Day --Barack Obama

<8d5ce62b-c814-4182-a5ab-65ace255d49en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150184&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#150184

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 20:42:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Quote of the Day --Barack Obama
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Thu, 2 Jun 2022 03:42 UTC

On Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 3:03:30 PM UTC-4, george...@yahoo.ca wrote:
> On 2022-05-31 1:56 p.m., Michael Pendragon wrote:

> >> No, you're wrong again. Try to follow the discussion:
> >>
> >> 1) Your fake friend was claiming that Will attributed the Herbert quote
> >> to the Bible, and arguing that thinking it came from the Bible meant you
> >> were an idiot.
> >
> > Will would be classified as an idiot (charitably speaking) regardless.
> >
> >> 2) I gave a counterexample. Obama thought it came from the Bible, and
> >> Obama is not an idiot.
> >
> > Which proves that the misattribution of a quote does not necessarily make one an idiot. It is, however, irrelevant insofar as Will's status as an idiot is concerned.
> >
> >> 3) You didn't like the counterexample, so you tried to claim it was
> >> irrelevant
> >
> > See above.
> >
> > (that's what "whataboutism" means, BTW).
> >
> > So you did a "whatabout Obama." Apart from needlessly demonstrating your skill at the fine art of deflection, what exactly are you trying to prove?
> >
> It was neither "whataboutism" not a "deflection". I addressed his
> argument, by providing a counterexample.
>
> What I've 'proved' is that he has a dilemma: he either has to disagree
> with fake Conley's premise, or conclude that Obama is an idiot.
>
> (You might be happy to conclude that Obama is an idiot, but I don't
> think he' willing to conclude that.)

Pendragon is a Trump supporter, so it's hilarious to see him trying to call someone else an idiot.

🙂

(Moved from the troll thread)

Re: Quote of the Day --Barack Obama

<7bd34791cb9f12f24a645d35e594edef@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=152750&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#152750

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 20:26:54 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 20:26 UTC

Interesting read...

Re: Quote of the Day --Barack Obama

<1cc7dbf3d9596c9ecd7aa1816eaba2d4@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153493&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#153493

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 13:11:02 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 21 Jun 2022 13:11 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

> Interesting read...

Agreed.

Re: Quote of the Day --Barack Obama

<131e729768e1498fe444b1464907f7c9@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164115&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#164115

Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 21:32:07 +0000
From: Zod...@news.novabbs.com (Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: Zod - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 21:32 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

>> Interesting read...

> Agreed.

Quite so...

Re: Quote of the Day --Barack Obama

<6b243b2d9e46afd3e00db0ce53013551@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=164869&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#164869

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 00:41:17 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Mon, 22 Aug 2022 00:41 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>>> It was neither "whataboutism" not a "deflection". I addressed his
>>> argument, by providing a counterexample.
>>>
>>> What I've 'proved' is that he has a dilemma: he either has to disagree
>>> with fake Conley's premise, or conclude that Obama is an idiot.
>>>
>>> (You might be happy to conclude that Obama is an idiot, but I don't
>>> think he' willing to conclude that.)

> Interesting read...

Good evening, Zod, agreed.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Quote of the Day --Barack Obama