The questions remain the same. The answers are eternally variable.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

SubjectAuthor
* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellZod
`* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellW-Dockery
 +* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellMichael Pendragon
 |`* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellWill Dockery
 | `* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellMichael Pendragon
 |  `* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellW-Dockery
 |   `- Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellGeneral-Zod
 `* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellZod
  +* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellMichael Pendragon
  |`* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellWill Dockery
  | `* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellMichael Pendragon
  |  +* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellW-Dockery
  |  |`* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellMichael Pendragon
  |  | `* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellW.Dockery
  |  |  +* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellZod
  |  |  |+- Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellW-Dockery
  |  |  |+* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellW-Dockery
  |  |  ||`- Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellRobert Burrows
  |  |  |`* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellWill Dockery
  |  |  | `- Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellMichael Pendragon
  |  |  `- Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellMichael Pendragon
  |  `* Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellZod
  |   `- Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellWill Dockery
  +- Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellW-Dockery
  `- Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fellWill Dockery

1
Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<bf9b7f93-08ad-47f6-ba9b-b44fea081a7dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184819&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#184819

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 16:38:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 00:38 UTC

On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 12:58:59 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 12:24:08 PM UTC-4, Wenceslas Kabeba wrote:
> >
> > The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell
> > Fusty metropolitans, cranks and jokers
> > Jiggered by fibrocystic breast disease
> > Crosscut clouds of teargas in blue topaz Calcutta
> > Salubrious hematomas in overexposed heroism incarnate
> > Surfaces a ragged stilted formalism
> > Take off your mask
> > Is it murder or is it debunked intoxication
> > Hence the cowards in their religious residences
> > Dissipated Jainism, prosaic love-in-a-mist
> > Tom Thumbs knee high to a grasshopper
> > Distrain mean leadership
> > Necks thick as a celery stick
> > Enjoying spatchcocked Muslims for their picnics
> > Compromised hacked puttering figurations
> > He was a government agent for the Department of Health, Education and Welfare
> > A full bodied isometric gnostic by trade
> > Excavating the crosshatched neoliths
> > Buttresses, posts and lintels
> > Hairsplittings of a Mancunian snuffler
> > A terrorism of bullshit
> > Pyrrhic and masochistic
> > More gazump per square foot than Trump University
> > Long ago I was fluent in Sindhi
> > Now I am pious to careerism
> > A jacked programmer with a massive line of credit
> > The Secretary of Education at the Circuit Court of Appeals
> > I have forsaken the old man, the bearded one
> > His well born beacon
> > And engaging manner inspiring aspersion
> > An opera star of lard
> > Harried disquiet
> > Of the ambiguous weaver
> >
> > Wenceslas Kabeba
> > copyright 2021
> Good to see you back, King Wenceslas.
>
> It will take me a while to interpret your poem, but reads well so far.

Agreed and seconded....

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<dc010ef21abd5fa33ed1e4a5a8e1961f@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184980&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#184980

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 13:14:06 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 13:14 UTC

Zod wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 12:58:59 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 12:24:08 PM UTC-4, Wenceslas Kabeba wrote:
>> >
>> > The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell
>> > Fusty metropolitans, cranks and jokers
>> > Jiggered by fibrocystic breast disease
>> > Crosscut clouds of teargas in blue topaz Calcutta
>> > Salubrious hematomas in overexposed heroism incarnate
>> > Surfaces a ragged stilted formalism
>> > Take off your mask
>> > Is it murder or is it debunked intoxication
>> > Hence the cowards in their religious residences
>> > Dissipated Jainism, prosaic love-in-a-mist
>> > Tom Thumbs knee high to a grasshopper
>> > Distrain mean leadership
>> > Necks thick as a celery stick
>> > Enjoying spatchcocked Muslims for their picnics
>> > Compromised hacked puttering figurations
>> > He was a government agent for the Department of Health, Education and Welfare
>> > A full bodied isometric gnostic by trade
>> > Excavating the crosshatched neoliths
>> > Buttresses, posts and lintels
>> > Hairsplittings of a Mancunian snuffler
>> > A terrorism of bullshit
>> > Pyrrhic and masochistic
>> > More gazump per square foot than Trump University
>> > Long ago I was fluent in Sindhi
>> > Now I am pious to careerism
>> > A jacked programmer with a massive line of credit
>> > The Secretary of Education at the Circuit Court of Appeals
>> > I have forsaken the old man, the bearded one
>> > His well born beacon
>> > And engaging manner inspiring aspersion
>> > An opera star of lard
>> > Harried disquiet
>> > Of the ambiguous weaver
>> >
>> > Wenceslas Kabeba
>> > copyright 2021
>> Good to see you back, King Wenceslas.
>>
>> It will take me a while to interpret your poem, but reads well so far.

> Agreed and seconded....

Good morning, the writing reminds me of Lawrence Ferlinghetti a bit.

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<228de36d-b53b-41f3-893d-a88efe4bb47dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=184999&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#184999

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 08:58:36 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 16:58 UTC

On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 11:53:39 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Zod wrote:

> >> Good to see you back, King Wenceslas.
> >>
> >> It will take me a while to interpret your poem, but reads well so far.
>
> > Agreed and seconded....
> Good morning, the writing reminds me of Lawrence Ferlinghetti a bit.

How does it remind you of Ferlinghetti, Donkey?

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<a4103547-ab69-4647-a197-dabe00a1e3a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185012&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185012

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 09:46:01 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 17:46 UTC

On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 11:58:37 AM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 11:53:39 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Zod wrote:

> > > Agreed and seconded....
> > Good morning, the writing reminds me of Lawrence Ferlinghetti a bit.
> How does it remind you of Ferlinghetti

The style and the language.

For a quick example:

https://www.lyrikline.org/en/poems/coney-island-mind-1-2727

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<8b54bc11-701f-48b0-b74a-a364014e7861n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185020&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185020

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 11:03:57 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 19:03 UTC

On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 12:46:02 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 11:58:37 AM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Good morning, the writing reminds me of Lawrence Ferlinghetti a bit.
> > How does it remind you of Ferlinghetti
> The style and the language.
>
> For a quick example:
>
> https://www.lyrikline.org/en/poems/coney-island-mind-1-2727

Stylistically, they're not even remotely alike. Ferlinghetti's poem is written in a clear, almost matter-or-fact style. Kabeba's, otoh, is overwritten to the extent that it becomes virtually incomprehensible.

However, if by "language," you mean that both are written in English, I'm willing to grant you that. (Of course, by the same logic, every English language poem would remind of Ferlinghetti.)

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<2a0297898dcdcc575df02fde3e00ff7f@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185030&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185030

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 20:07:04 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <6eb3c356-8740-4318-836d-42171c5d22dcn@googlegroups.com> <8a86f741-66bf-4ece-9dc8-d7d155010b35n@googlegroups.com> <bf9b7f93-08ad-47f6-ba9b-b44fea081a7dn@googlegroups.com> <dc010ef21abd5fa33ed1e4a5a8e1961f@news.novabbs.com> <228de36d-b53b-41f3-893d-a88efe4bb47dn@googlegroups.com> <a4103547-ab69-4647-a197-dabe00a1e3a4n@googlegroups.com> <8b54bc11-701f-48b0-b74a-a364014e7861n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 20:07 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 12:46:02 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > How does it remind you of Ferlinghetti
>> The style and the language.
>>
>> For a quick example:
>>
>> https://www.lyrikline.org/en/poems/coney-island-mind-1-2727

> Stylistically, they're not even remotely alike. Ferlinghetti's poem is written in a clear, almost matter-or-fact style

I'm surprised you've even read any Ferlinghetti, Pendragon.

I'm not surprised that you pretend not to see the similarities between the two poems.

HTH and HAND.

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<7cdb2fae663e0436d5059f9df4dba260@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185034&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185034

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 20:52:17 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <6eb3c356-8740-4318-836d-42171c5d22dcn@googlegroups.com> <8a86f741-66bf-4ece-9dc8-d7d155010b35n@googlegroups.com> <bf9b7f93-08ad-47f6-ba9b-b44fea081a7dn@googlegroups.com> <dc010ef21abd5fa33ed1e4a5a8e1961f@news.novabbs.com> <228de36d-b53b-41f3-893d-a88efe4bb47dn@googlegroups.com> <a4103547-ab69-4647-a197-dabe00a1e3a4n@googlegroups.com> <8b54bc11-701f-48b0-b74a-a364014e7861n@googlegroups.com> <2a0297898dcdcc575df02fde3e00ff7f@news.novabbs.com>
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 20:52 UTC

W-Dockery wrote:

> Michael Pendragon wrote:

>>> The style and the language.
>>>
>>> For a quick example:
>>>
>>> https://www.lyrikline.org/en/poems/coney-island-mind-1-2727

>> Stylistically, they're not even remotely alike. Ferlinghetti's poem is written in a clear, almost matter-or-fact style

> I'm surprised you've even read any Ferlinghetti, Pendragon.

> I'm not surprised that you pretend not to see the similarities between the two poems.

> HTH and HAND.

The style reminds me more of Ginsberg's mid-1960s poems, such as Allen Ginsberg's "Wichita Vortex Sutra"...

https://chriscander.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Allen-Ginsberg-Wichita-Vortex-Sutra.pdf

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<5f2e98ed-61f8-4f51-8c29-44adceaa2517n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185040&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185040

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 13:04:48 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 21:04 UTC

On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 11:53:39 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Zod wrote:

> >> Good to see you back, King Wenceslas.
> >>
> >> It will take me a while to interpret your poem, but reads well so far.
>
> > Agreed and seconded....
> Good morning, the writing reminds me of Lawrence Ferlinghetti a bit.

Corso and mid period Ginsberg as well...

Examples if needed.....

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<cc71bdf3-b565-4659-bc13-2d15d003f853n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185099&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185099

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 18:21:50 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 02:21 UTC

On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 4:04:49 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 11:53:39 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Zod wrote:

> > > Agreed and seconded....
> > Good morning, the writing reminds me of Lawrence Ferlinghetti a bit.
> Corso and mid period Ginsberg as well...
>
> Examples if needed.....

Ginsberg somewhat. Corso, no.

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<c272f70aa7f697534d45a9022f3d7173@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185107&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185107

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 03:44:11 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 03:44 UTC

Zod wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 11:53:39 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>> Zod wrote:

>> > Agreed and seconded....
>> Good morning, the writing reminds me of Lawrence Ferlinghetti a bit.

> Corso and mid period Ginsberg as well...

> Examples if needed.....

Certainly Gregory Corso's "Bomb", for starters:

https://www.litkicks.com/Texts/Bomb.html

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<893589a7-8ab7-4c73-94cd-7b107d14002an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185111&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185111

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 20:06:01 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 04:06 UTC

On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 9:21:52 PM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 4:04:49 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:

> > > Good morning, the writing reminds me of Lawrence Ferlinghetti a bit.
> > Corso and mid period Ginsberg as well...
> >
> > Examples if needed.....
> Ginsberg somewhat. Corso, no.

Have you really need any of Gregory Corso's poetry?

Poems such as "Bomb" are very close to the style used by W.K.

https://www.litkicks.com/Texts/Bomb.html

HTH and HAND.

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<0dfbad79-7ae7-46a1-a491-13d8800dc182n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185125&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185125

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 21:00:13 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 05:00 UTC

On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 11:06:02 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 9:21:52 PM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Corso and mid period Ginsberg as well...
> > >
> > > Examples if needed.....
> > Ginsberg somewhat. Corso, no.
> Have you really need any of Gregory Corso's poetry?
>
> Poems such as "Bomb" are very close to the style used by W.K.
>
> https://www.litkicks.com/Texts/Bomb.html

They're nothing alike.

Corso's poem is more or less straightforward (not to mention formatted in the shape of a nuclear explosion). Kabeba's poem is overwritten to such a point that the words become meaningless and surreal.

You don't understand the first thing about poetry, Donkey. Not even the poetry of your beloved Beats.

General Stink knows far more about poetry than you, and correctly noted the similarity to Ginsberg.

You appear to just be name-dropping in yet another attempt at feigning literacy.

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<364697e25792960daa3e4fbdf500c7eb@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185136&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185136

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 06:22:15 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <6eb3c356-8740-4318-836d-42171c5d22dcn@googlegroups.com> <8a86f741-66bf-4ece-9dc8-d7d155010b35n@googlegroups.com> <bf9b7f93-08ad-47f6-ba9b-b44fea081a7dn@googlegroups.com> <dc010ef21abd5fa33ed1e4a5a8e1961f@news.novabbs.com> <5f2e98ed-61f8-4f51-8c29-44adceaa2517n@googlegroups.com> <cc71bdf3-b565-4659-bc13-2d15d003f853n@googlegroups.com> <893589a7-8ab7-4c73-94cd-7b107d14002an@googlegroups.com> <0dfbad79-7ae7-46a1-a491-13d8800dc182n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 06:22 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 11:06:02 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

>> > Ginsberg somewhat. Corso, no.
>> Have you really need any of Gregory Corso's poetry?
>>
>> Poems such as "Bomb" are very close to the style used by W.K.
>>
>> https://www.litkicks.com/Texts/Bomb.html

> They're nothing alike

Wrong, there are similarities.

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<16bb3877-16d0-4b12-8b2a-1155629ee001n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185200&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185200

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 07:10:45 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 15:10 UTC

On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 8:42:35 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Michael Pendragon wrote:

> >> Have you really need any of Gregory Corso's poetry?
> >>
> >> Poems such as "Bomb" are very close to the style used by W.K.
> >>
> >> https://www.litkicks.com/Texts/Bomb.html
>
> > They're nothing alike
> Wrong, there are similarities.

Explain yourself, Donkey.

Point the supposed similarities out.

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<06770a601613e843d48c72ca50ccb282@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185204&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185204

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 16:37:06 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <6eb3c356-8740-4318-836d-42171c5d22dcn@googlegroups.com> <8a86f741-66bf-4ece-9dc8-d7d155010b35n@googlegroups.com> <bf9b7f93-08ad-47f6-ba9b-b44fea081a7dn@googlegroups.com> <dc010ef21abd5fa33ed1e4a5a8e1961f@news.novabbs.com> <5f2e98ed-61f8-4f51-8c29-44adceaa2517n@googlegroups.com> <cc71bdf3-b565-4659-bc13-2d15d003f853n@googlegroups.com> <893589a7-8ab7-4c73-94cd-7b107d14002an@googlegroups.com> <0dfbad79-7ae7-46a1-a491-13d8800dc182n@googlegroups.com> <364697e25792960daa3e4fbdf500c7eb@news.novabbs.com> <16bb3877-16d0-4b12-8b2a-1155629ee001n@googlegroups.com>
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 16:37 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 8:42:35 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>> Michael Pendragon wrote:

>> > They're nothing alike
>> Wrong, there are similarities.

> Explain

There's a similar "breathless" style which was actually pioneered by Jack Kerouac and used in various ways by many of the Beat poets.

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<0879ba8e-703f-43d1-a447-62023f65fdedn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185210&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185210

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 09:18:57 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 17:18 UTC

On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 4:04:49 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 11:53:39 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> > Zod wrote:

> > > Agreed and seconded....
> > Good morning, the writing reminds me of Lawrence Ferlinghetti a bit.
> Corso and mid period Ginsberg as well...

Agreed.

> Examples if needed.....

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<72218fa5-e6a9-4040-bea8-c2ed832a2b74n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185261&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185261

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 13:31:16 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 21:31 UTC

On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 12:00:20 AM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:

> > https://www.litkicks.com/Texts/Bomb.html
>

> [[Zod]] knows far more about poetry than you, and correctly noted the similarity to Ginsberg.

I thank...

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<3a6cb63c-4082-4799-b89d-60df4e56620bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185271&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185271

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 14:12:57 -0800 (PST)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 22:12 UTC

On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 4:52:55 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

> >> Wrong, there are similarities.
>
> > Explain
> There's a similar "breathless" style which was actually pioneered by Jack Kerouac and used in various ways by many of the Beat poets.

Quite true there is the similarity and J. Kerouac was the first to use that rushing style and delivery....

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<14d71fd719d662c849e9bf4c6f8dd043@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185386&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185386

Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 07:22:20 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <6eb3c356-8740-4318-836d-42171c5d22dcn@googlegroups.com> <8a86f741-66bf-4ece-9dc8-d7d155010b35n@googlegroups.com> <bf9b7f93-08ad-47f6-ba9b-b44fea081a7dn@googlegroups.com> <dc010ef21abd5fa33ed1e4a5a8e1961f@news.novabbs.com> <5f2e98ed-61f8-4f51-8c29-44adceaa2517n@googlegroups.com> <cc71bdf3-b565-4659-bc13-2d15d003f853n@googlegroups.com> <893589a7-8ab7-4c73-94cd-7b107d14002an@googlegroups.com> <0dfbad79-7ae7-46a1-a491-13d8800dc182n@googlegroups.com> <364697e25792960daa3e4fbdf500c7eb@news.novabbs.com> <16bb3877-16d0-4b12-8b2a-1155629ee001n@googlegroups.com> <06770a601613e843d48c72ca50ccb282@news.novabbs.com> <3a6cb63c-4082-4799-b89d-60df4e56620bn@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 07:22 UTC

Zod wrote:

>> > Explain
>> There's a similar "breathless" style which was actually pioneered by Jack Kerouac and used in various ways by many of the Beat poets.

> Quite true there is the similarity and J. Kerouac was the first to use that rushing style and delivery....

Exactly.

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<72b3e43b-db00-4692-9169-254d1f8d6629n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185518&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185518

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 15:00:35 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Fri, 2 Dec 2022 23:00 UTC

On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 4:52:55 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Michael Pendragon wrote:

> >> Wrong, there are similarities.
>
> > Explain
> There's a similar "breathless" style which was actually pioneered by Jack Kerouac and used in various ways by many of the Beat poets.

What do you find "rushed," in terms of style, tone, or anything else, about Kabeba's poem?

I get the impression that it was written slowly, by a man seeking out unusual synonyms to use for every other word.

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<2220d4f8f8c91687c417907b731d2080@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185556&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185556

Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 01:25:05 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
References: <6eb3c356-8740-4318-836d-42171c5d22dcn@googlegroups.com> <8a86f741-66bf-4ece-9dc8-d7d155010b35n@googlegroups.com> <bf9b7f93-08ad-47f6-ba9b-b44fea081a7dn@googlegroups.com> <dc010ef21abd5fa33ed1e4a5a8e1961f@news.novabbs.com> <5f2e98ed-61f8-4f51-8c29-44adceaa2517n@googlegroups.com> <cc71bdf3-b565-4659-bc13-2d15d003f853n@googlegroups.com> <893589a7-8ab7-4c73-94cd-7b107d14002an@googlegroups.com> <0dfbad79-7ae7-46a1-a491-13d8800dc182n@googlegroups.com> <364697e25792960daa3e4fbdf500c7eb@news.novabbs.com> <16bb3877-16d0-4b12-8b2a-1155629ee001n@googlegroups.com> <06770a601613e843d48c72ca50ccb282@news.novabbs.com> <3a6cb63c-4082-4799-b89d-60df4e56620bn@googlegroups.com>
 by: W-Dockery - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 01:25 UTC

Zod wrote:

>> > Explain
>> There's a similar "breathless" style which was actually pioneered by Jack Kerouac and used in various ways by many of the Beat poets.

> Quite true there is the similarity and J. Kerouac was the first to use that rushing style and delivery....

Yes, a cascade of words most of the Beat poets employed.

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<8edc44a1-1632-490a-8bde-06a5fab050f2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185613&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185613

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 19:54:29 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 03:54 UTC

On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 5:12:58 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:

> > > Explain
> > There's a similar "breathless" style which was actually pioneered by Jack Kerouac and used in various ways by many of the Beat poets.
> Quite true there is the similarity and J. Kerouac was the first to use that rushing style and delivery....

True, as Robert's friend can confirm.

🙂

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<d3230c6d-d545-4715-aa89-5c44bb132011n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185619&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185619

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2022 20:24:57 -0800 (PST)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 04:24 UTC

On Friday, December 2, 2022 at 10:54:30 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 5:12:58 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:

> > > There's a similar "breathless" style which was actually pioneered by Jack Kerouac and used in various ways by many of the Beat poets.
> > Quite true there is the similarity and J. Kerouac was the first to use that rushing style and delivery....
> True, as Robert's friend can confirm.

Robert's friend is, to the best of my knowledge, not an expert on Mr. Kabeba's poetry.

I've asked you to point out, and explain, how any lines in Mr. Kabeba's poem have a "breathless" feel to them.

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<76429af9-0817-4595-83c5-239f52880547n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185653&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185653

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 01:48:23 -0800 (PST)
From: rjburrow...@gmail.com (Robert Burrows)
 by: Robert Burrows - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 09:48 UTC

On Saturday, December 3, 2022 at 3:32:09 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Zod wrote:

> >> There's a similar "breathless" style which was actually pioneered by Jack Kerouac and used in various ways by many of the Beat poets.
>
> > Quite true there is the similarity and J. Kerouac was the first to use that rushing style and delivery....
> Yes, a cascade of words most of the Beat poets employed.

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock
(That's the sound of will's time running out.)

Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell

<ae1f0880-7520-4a09-88ec-02b3361f696fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=185655&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#185655

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2022 01:53:21 -0800 (PST)
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sat, 3 Dec 2022 09:53 UTC

On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 4:31:17 PM UTC-5, Zod wrote:
> On Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 12:00:20 AM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail..com wrote:
> > Will Dockery wrote:

> > > https://www.litkicks.com/Texts/Bomb.html
> >

> > [[Zod]] knows far more about poetry than you, and correctly noted the similarity to Ginsberg.
>
> I thank...

Kudos, Zod.

🙂

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: The freemen ruined the terrorists when impure buildings fell