Truth has no special time of its own. Its hour is now -- always. -- Albert Schweitzer

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / My Mother's Shed

SubjectAuthor
* My Mother's ShedEdward Rochester Esq.
`* Re: My Mother's ShedNancyGene
 `- Re: My Mother's ShedCujo DeSockpuppet

1
My Mother's Shed

<7d39471b-0bff-45f2-969c-9ea8b518ca7dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193081&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#193081

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 08:23:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: My Mother's Shed
From: blackpoo...@aol.com (Edward Rochester Esq.)
 by: Edward Rochester Esq - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 16:23 UTC

I never got no proper schoolin
but I always had a roofe --
never went to the town dentist
so now I have one tooth
but it isn't where you lay your head
that makes a house a home --
and now my brother Dave moved on
with god he does now roam --
its been one year since his last smoke
even though he chouofed and choked --
but caretaker I was gettin a fat old check
as I lay in my momma's shed eatin
week old bread.

I think of Ladi K and that sexy red head T
when the moon is bright and I take that midnight pee --
my friend is down the road a way
sometimes comes out to play, but he be always out
considering his dance is natures way
and now he has another man to make his tent
a home -- but my couffee is black and I don't git
too much sleep, my mother's shed is all I have left --
it being a long stranage trip, once wanting to be black
just ask my bested friend Zu bollton he wont give no slack.

They say I'm numba 1 on the charts todays,
that chart hanging in the doctor office where bets are made
I'm next for the grave, so heres to MLK tomorrow
I'll celebrte in style, it wont be long broer Dave, my wings
will sprout as I shout ZORRO for the last out of tune, time.

I aint no forgery, its just me being me.

I sure am one dumb-ass mother fucker.

Re: My Mother's Shed

<c5506bb0-26cc-4376-a484-bb3c8903ededn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193126&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#193126

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 11:06:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: My Mother's Shed
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 19:06 UTC

On Sunday, January 15, 2023 at 4:23:29 PM UTC, blackpo...@aol.com wrote:
> I never got no proper schoolin
> but I always had a roofe --
> never went to the town dentist
> so now I have one tooth
> but it isn't where you lay your head
> that makes a house a home --
> and now my brother Dave moved on
> with god he does now roam --
> its been one year since his last smoke
> even though he chouofed and choked --
> but caretaker I was gettin a fat old check
> as I lay in my momma's shed eatin
> week old bread.
>
> I think of Ladi K and that sexy red head T
> when the moon is bright and I take that midnight pee --
> my friend is down the road a way
> sometimes comes out to play, but he be always out
> considering his dance is natures way
> and now he has another man to make his tent
> a home -- but my couffee is black and I don't git
> too much sleep, my mother's shed is all I have left --
> it being a long stranage trip, once wanting to be black
> just ask my bested friend Zu bollton he wont give no slack.
>
> They say I'm numba 1 on the charts todays,
> that chart hanging in the doctor office where bets are made
> I'm next for the grave, so heres to MLK tomorrow
> I'll celebrte in style, it wont be long broer Dave, my wings
> will sprout as I shout ZORRO for the last out of tune, time.
>
> I aint no forgery, its just me being me.
>
> I sure am one dumb-ass mother fucker.

Did the author know that his "roofe" was actually a blue tarp? A sad but true recollection that "takes wings."

Please post this poem on "alt.arts.poetry.comments, Facebook Edition!" Their adminstrators have stated that it is a place where "anything can be discussed."

Re: My Mother's Shed

<XnsAF8D9DEB998BEPantyheadPoorHouse@46.165.242.91>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=193140&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#193140

From: cuj...@petitmorte.net (Cujo DeSockpuppet)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 20:31:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Cujo DeSockpuppet - Sun, 15 Jan 2023 20:31 UTC

NancyGene <nancygene.andjayme@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Sunday, January 15, 2023 at 4:23:29 PM UTC, blackpo...@aol.com
> wrote:
>> I never got no proper schoolin
>> but I always had a roofe --
>> never went to the town dentist
>> so now I have one tooth
>> but it isn't where you lay your head
>> that makes a house a home --
>> and now my brother Dave moved on
>> with god he does now roam --
>> its been one year since his last smoke
>> even though he chouofed and choked --
>> but caretaker I was gettin a fat old check
>> as I lay in my momma's shed eatin
>> week old bread.
>>
>> I think of Ladi K and that sexy red head T
>> when the moon is bright and I take that midnight pee --
>> my friend is down the road a way
>> sometimes comes out to play, but he be always out
>> considering his dance is natures way
>> and now he has another man to make his tent
>> a home -- but my couffee is black and I don't git
>> too much sleep, my mother's shed is all I have left --
>> it being a long stranage trip, once wanting to be black
>> just ask my bested friend Zu bollton he wont give no slack.
>>
>> They say I'm numba 1 on the charts todays,
>> that chart hanging in the doctor office where bets are made
>> I'm next for the grave, so heres to MLK tomorrow
>> I'll celebrte in style, it wont be long broer Dave, my wings
>> will sprout as I shout ZORRO for the last out of tune, time.
>>
>> I aint no forgery, its just me being me.
>>
>> I sure am one dumb-ass mother fucker.
>
> Did the author know that his "roofe" was actually a blue tarp? A sad
> but true recollection that "takes wings."
>
> Please post this poem on "alt.arts.poetry.comments, Facebook Edition!"
> Their adminstrators have stated that it is a place where "anything
> can be discussed."

That's right purty. But you still ain't gittin' mah steak dinner. It
cost nearly 15 bucks even if Ah wuz payin' fer it.

--
"If the viewer doesn't read the language the film is in, that's why
subtitles are provided." - Will Dockery being his usual incoherent

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / My Mother's Shed