You won't skid if you stay in a rut. -- Frank Hubbard

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Charles Bukowski

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Charles BukowskiZod
`- Re: Charles BukowskiW-Dockery

1
Re: Charles Bukowski

<2f29e2be-37a5-45de-8518-47673f174d03n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204482&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#204482

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 13:02:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Charles Bukowski
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Zod)
 by: Zod - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 20:02 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:
> On Jul 25, 8:54 am, "Vera" wrote:
> > "Will Dockery" wrote
> > > "George Dance" wrote

> > > Ah, okay... I was really wondering where Vera came to be compared to
> > Buk...
> > > never really saw her as the Barfly type...
> >
> > I'm not. However, on a hot day, I've popped into a bar for a glass
> > of beer between shopping. I don't feel comfortable being on my own
> > so don't stay long. I treat myself to scotch & dry before a dental
> > appointment. That way, I don't hate the dentist.
> I tend to stay away from bars on hot days because they're so dark and
> cool that I dread going back outside until after nightfall... and
> stepping outside into the sunshine and sometimes 100+ degree
> surroundings is quite a shock, no matter how well prepared for it I
> think I may be...
> There's the film "Barfly" (with Faye Dunaway!) which gives a
> fictionalized version of Bukowski, that's worth looking for... and
> here's a good group of Buk's poems:
> http://famouspoetsandpoems.com/poets/charles_bukowski/poems
> --
> "God's Toybox" by Dockery-Beck:
> http://www.myspace.com/shadowvilleallstars
> "Hasty Pudding" by Dockery-Conley:
> http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

Barfly - "Eternal Answer..." - Mickey Rourke x Faye Dunaway x Alice Krige x Jack Nance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2pKZqipHgo

Re: Charles Bukowski

<4b9d1e43b8c8300d9d05b087c8955fdf@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=204809&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#204809

Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 20:21:19 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 20:21 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Jul 25, 8:54 am, "Vera" wrote:
>> > "Will Dockery" wrote

>> > Buk...
>> >
>> > I'm not. However, on a hot day, I've popped into a bar for a glass
>> > of beer between shopping. I don't feel comfortable being on my own
>> > so don't stay long. I treat myself to scotch & dry before a dental
>> > appointment. That way, I don't hate the dentist.
>> I tend to stay away from bars on hot days because they're so dark and
>> cool that I dread going back outside until after nightfall... and
>> stepping outside into the sunshine and sometimes 100+ degree
>> surroundings is quite a shock, no matter how well prepared for it I
>> think I may be...
>> There's the film "Barfly" (with Faye Dunaway!) which gives a
>> fictionalized version of Bukowski, that's worth looking for... and
>> here's a good group of Buk's poems:
>> http://famouspoetsandpoems.com/poets/charles_bukowski/poems
>> --
>> "God's Toybox" by Dockery-Beck:
>> http://www.myspace.com/shadowvilleallstars
>> "Hasty Pudding" by Dockery-Conley:
>> http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

> Barfly - "Eternal Answer..." - Mickey Rourke x Faye Dunaway x Alice Krige x Jack Nance
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2pKZqipHgo

Great film, hopefully I'll run across a DVD copy again one day soon.

:)

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: Charles Bukowski