Perhaps the biggest disappointments were the ones you expected anyway.

arts / rec.arts.tv / stupid TV commercials

SubjectAuthor
* stupid TV commercialsanim8rfsk
+* Re: stupid TV commercialsshawn
|+- Re: stupid TV commercialsdanny burstein
|`- Re: stupid TV commercialsThe Horny Goat
`* Re: stupid TV commercialsUbiquitous
 `* Re: stupid TV commercialsanim8rfsk
  `- Re: stupid TV commercialsUbiquitous

1
stupid TV commercials

<1882864793.736112334.574987.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223448&group=rec.arts.tv#223448

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: stupid TV commercials
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:40:22 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 19:40 UTC

Morgan and Morgan, a law firm.

“Your steering wheel literally has a ticking time bomb inside of it!”

I hate to decimate you guys, but no, it really doesn’t.

Re: stupid TV commercials

<gguv2j1diffd8afj7iv1k3ku0d30q259mt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223449&group=rec.arts.tv#223449

From: nanoflo...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: stupid TV commercials
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 15:51:07 -0400
 by: shawn - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 19:51 UTC

On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:40:22 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Morgan and Morgan, a law firm.
>
>“Your steering wheel literally has a ticking time bomb inside of it!”
>
>I hate to decimate you guys, but no, it really doesn’t.

I would hate to be decimated too. No telling which tenth part of me
would be gone.

Re: stupid TV commercials

<v0ou8v$8p8$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223451&group=rec.arts.tv#223451

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 20:00:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 20:00 UTC

In <gguv2j1diffd8afj7iv1k3ku0d30q259mt@4ax.com> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> writes:

>On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:40:22 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>wrote:

>>Morgan and Morgan, a law firm.
>>
>>"Your steering wheel literally has a ticking time bomb inside of it!"
>>
>>I hate to decimate you guys, but no, it really doesn't.

>I would hate to be decimated too. No telling which tenth part of me
>would be gone.

Reminds me, it does, of the late David Rothenberg. He
was set on fire by his father and... was in horrible shape,
to put it mildly.

Once he miraculously recovered and continued on with life,
he was a periodic guest on, unn, either Howard Stern
or Imus...

Anyway, he'd mention how only ten percent of his body
hadn't been burned, and then would discuss, umm, let's
simply say it wasn't for children...

hmm, can't find any writeups online mentioning his
radio appearances, but here's some general background:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Dave

dannyb recalls Dave's mom in an interview saying
something like "my son may look horrible to you,
but seeing him alive right now is the most beuatiful
image I've ever had".

dannyb@panix.com

Re: stupid TV commercials

<2jm03j13pda84r4iq7pserqoucpiu826an@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223474&group=rec.arts.tv#223474

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 19:43:19 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 02:43 UTC

On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 15:51:07 -0400, shawn
<nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:40:22 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Morgan and Morgan, a law firm.
>>
>>“Your steering wheel literally has a ticking time bomb inside of it!”
>>
>>I hate to decimate you guys, but no, it really doesn’t.
>
>I would hate to be decimated too. No telling which tenth part of me
>would be gone.

I wouldn't mind losing 10% of my body weight though I'd much prefer it
be done by diet and exercise (which for me means an average of a mile
a day with the dog which is why I get frustrated when he wants to eat
grass just as I'm getting the cardio up!) as opposed to Roman style
involving sharp pointy objects!

Re: stupid TV commercials

<v0rh5m$2l3tq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223540&group=rec.arts.tv#223540

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 15:35:17 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 19:35 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

> Morgan and Morgan, a law firm.

I hate those ambulance chasers. I see their obnoxious billboards all over
and they heavily supported an amendment to legalize marijuana, having
invested heavily in various agriculture and CBD shops, but the worst was
a commercial in which they implied you were racist if you voted against it.

> "Your steering wheel literally has a ticking time bomb inside of it!"
> I hate to decimate you guys, but no, it really doesn't.

I remember one case in case it was, but that's because a stupid new-ager
glued crystals all over her steering wheel, pointy side out.

Re: stupid TV commercials

<562974224.736230856.431042.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223581&group=rec.arts.tv#223581

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 21:36:24 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 1 May 2024 04:36 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>
>> Morgan and Morgan, a law firm.
>
> I hate those ambulance chasers. I see their obnoxious billboards all over
> and they heavily supported an amendment to legalize marijuana, having
> invested heavily in various agriculture and CBD shops, but the worst was
> a commercial in which they implied you were racist if you voted against it.
>
>> "Your steering wheel literally has a ticking time bomb inside of it!"
>> I hate to decimate you guys, but no, it really doesn't.
>
> I remember one case in case it was, but that's because a stupid new-ager
> glued crystals all over her steering wheel, pointy side out.

It’s still ain’t “literally ticking”

Re: stupid TV commercials

<v0u4dp$3ag2o$15@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223664&group=rec.arts.tv#223664

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 01 May 2024 12:30:12 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 1 May 2024 16:30 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> Morgan and Morgan, a law firm.
>>
>> I hate those ambulance chasers. I see their obnoxious billboards all over
>> and they heavily supported an amendment to legalize marijuana, having
>> invested heavily in various agriculture and CBD shops, but the worst was
>> a commercial in which they implied you were racist if you voted against
>> it.
>>
>>> "Your steering wheel literally has a ticking time bomb inside of it!"
>>> I hate to decimate you guys, but no, it really doesn't.
>>
>> I remember one case in case it was, but that's because a stupid new-ager
>> glued crystals all over her steering wheel, pointy side out.
>
> It's still ain't "literally ticking"

I guess it's possible she glued a Timex watch to it so she'd know the time.

--
Let's go Brandon!

arts / rec.arts.tv / stupid TV commercials