From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [NEWS] "Death in Paradise" spoiler
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 18:38:36 +1200
 by: Your Name - Fri, 3 May 2024 06:38 UTC

SPOILER SPACE
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

Those who have seen the latest season of "Death in Paradise" know that
Detective Inspector Neville Parker (played by Ralf Little) has left the
island. His replacement will debut in the Christmas special and is
Detective Inspector Merven Wilson, played by Don Gilet (who was in the
soap opera "Eastenders", among other roles).

Which Politically Correct campaigning organisation do we send
complaints to about all the main cast now being black?? ;-)
(The one exception is the bar owner / mayor, Catherine Bordey, although
she's not in every episode.)

EastEnders star named as next Death in Paradise lead detective
Former EastEnders star Don Gilet is swapping Walford for idyllic
Saint Marie, as he is named as the new lead detective in BBC's
hit show Death in Paradise.

Known for playing the villainous Lucas Johnson in EastEnders,
the British actor will play Detective Inspector Mervin Wilson,
which he said is like being given an "incredibly precious jewel".

Death in Paradise was the second most watched drama in 2023,
with 8.3 million viewers.

Gilet will make his debut in this year's Christmas special.

"This is a big show, with a big heart and the love continually
grows for it," Gilet said.

"Being offered the new lead role in Death in Paradise feels like
a deeply loved and incredibly precious jewel has been placed in
my hands."

Gilet - who has already begun filming in Guadeloupe - said he
intends to remain "grateful, humbled and dedicated" to the
programme.

"Even during those testing times when every sinew is screaming at
me to run off the set and dive into the sea, swimming pool or an
ice-cold beer - whichever happens to be closer at the time!"

The detective drama - set against a backdrop of shimmering seas
and sun-soaked beaches - will air its 14th series on BBC One in
2025.

Gilet's character, DI Wilson, will arrive in the fictional island
of Saint Marie from London, and is said not to be "overly pleased
with his new surroundings", according to the show's press release.

He takes on the role of lead detective following the exit of Ralf
Little's DI Neville Parker. He will be the show's fifth lead
detective, also following actors Ben Miller, Kris Marshall and
Ardal O'Hanlon.

The 57-year-old actor has already made a guest appearance in the
show's fourth series as another character, when Marshall's
DI Humphrey Goodman was the island's lead detective.

Gilet has also starred in Holby City, Silent Witness, Doctor Who,
Shetland and The Stranger.

Produced by Red Planet Pictures, Death in Paradise has been
licensed to over 230 territories by BBC Studios. Following last
year's successful spin-off Beyond Paradise, the show makers
announced another spin-off series - Return to Paradise - this time
set in Australia.

<https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c6pyw18g12yo>

Re: [NEWS] "Death in Paradise" spoiler

<l9k32qF42g3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=223808&group=rec.arts.tv#223808

From: caprico...@gmail.com (Capricorne)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [NEWS] "Death in Paradise" spoiler
Date: Fri, 03 May 2024 08:19:39 -0400
 by: Capricorne - Fri, 3 May 2024 12:19 UTC

Your Name wrote :
> SPOILER SPACE
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>

> Those who have seen the latest season of "Death in Paradise" know that
> Detective Inspector Neville Parker (played by Ralf Little) has left the
> island. His replacement will debut in the Christmas special and is Detective
> Inspector Merven Wilson, played by Don Gilet (who was in the soap opera
> "Eastenders", among other roles).
>
> Which Politically Correct campaigning organisation do we send complaints to
> about all the main cast now being black?? ;-)
> (The one exception is the bar owner / mayor, Catherine Bordey, although she's
> not in every episode.)

Too bad they've decided to kill the show that way. That will be it for
me. Good bye and good luck.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: [NEWS] "Death in Paradise" spoiler