A gleekzorp without a tornpee is like a quop without a fertsneet (sort of).

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / AYoS

SubjectAuthor
* AYoSGeorge Dance
+* Re: AYoSGeorge Dance
|+- Re: AYoSAsh Wurthing
|+- Re: AYoSAsh Wurthing
|+- Re: AYoSWill Dockery
|`* Re: AYoSFaraway Star
| `* Re: AYoSAsh Wurthing
|  `- Re: AYoSFaraway Star
+* Re: AYoSWill Dockery
|`* Re: AYoSGeorge Dance
| `- Re: AYoSW.Dockery
+* Re: AYoSWill Dockery
|`- Re: AYoSAsh Wurthing
+- Re: AYoSMichael Pendragon
+* Re: AYoSWill Dockery
|+* Re: AYoSMichael Pendragon
||`* Re: AYoSW.Dockery
|| `* Re: AYoSMichael Pendragon
||  `* Re: AYoSWill Dockery
||   `* Re: AYoSMichael Pendragon
||    `- Re: AYoSWill Dockery
|`- Re: AYoSFaraway Star
`- Re: AYoSFaraway Star

1
AYoS

<3c4d1a0b-7d62-40bc-9eab-dc9a83792b3fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227662&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227662

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 01:23:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: AYoS
From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George Dance)
 by: George Dance - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 08:23 UTC

Since I originally posted this in a Bandar-Log thread, and there are some people here who don't read those, I thought I should put it on a new thread for them.

On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 11:55:41 PM UTC-4, Michael Monkey aka "Michael Pendragon" wrote:
> On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 10:08:12 PM UTC-4, George Dance wrote:
> > > So much for Dunce's pretensions to literacy.
> > > >
> > > Since no such "Bandar-Log" exists (except in your paranoid delusions), one might make the same observation regarding yourself.

As you should know by now, Michael, the "Bandar-Log refers to:
The Monkey -- Michael Monkey aka "Michael Pendragon" et al
The Chimp -- Chimp Obsesso aka "Edward Rochester Esq"
and the Big Buffoon -- NastyGoon aka "NancyGene"
and what's left of their flunkies: The Asstroll aka "Ash Wurthing" and the MEatpuppet aka "ME".

Which of those five are you claiming doesn't exist? Do you think none of them exist?

> > > I published your poetry, Dunce.

> > > Are you under the delusion that you were serving me at the time?

> > I certainly was, Monkey. Not only was I leaving your "non-existent" Bandar-Log free to attack other aapc members with impunity, but I was giving your Chimp poetry for his Sampler, and even (as you note) letting you have your pick of it to launch your anthology. I was also bringing in poets to this group, all of which you and your "non-existent" Bandar-Log drove away. In return, you stopped calling me plagiarist, pedophile, cunt, and all your other endearments -- until you felt like starting up again.
> >
> If you believe any of that, you're even more delusional than I thought.

Oh, really? It's easy enough to check that. I believe I gave your Chimp poetry for his Sampler. You just claimed I'm "delusional" if I believe that. IOW, if you're being honest, you believe that I never gave your Chip poetry for his Sampler. But you also believe you "published" some of my poetry. Where do you think you got that poetry you "published"?

> > > For the record, "AYoS" is a successor to "The Sunday Sampler." As such, it is intended to provide a sample of the poetry of *each* of the AAPC poets.
> > For the record, Michael Monkey's first AYoS anthology was the zombified corpse of his Chimp's Sunday Sampler. Since then it's been a vanity project for the Bandar-Log: a chapbook in which a "friend" "publishes" their "poetry".
> >
> Like I said, Dunce; anyone who submits a poem, either here or on the FB page, gets "published" in the monthly online version. That's what a "sampler" is.
> > *(Yes, Michael Monkey will "publish" one poem per year from any non-Bandar-Log as well. He needs more "poets" in order to get his vanity publication listed on P&W.)
> I publish whichever poems I feel are good enough to be included, and limit the number "Bandar-Log" poems to approximately ten per "member." As the amount of contributions increase, I hope to cut the maximum per poet down to five.

> > > Only three individuals have ever been excluded from the "Sampler"/"AYoS":
> >
> > > 1) Will Donkey was excluded for continually picking fights in the "Sampler" threads, and effectively brought about the demise of that fine publication by driving its editor, Mr. Senetto, to shut it down.
> > > 2) George Sulzbach was excluded for spamming the thread with protests when Mr. Senetto "x"d his poem after it had been determined to be nothing more than a slight reworking of his "Dirty Mike"/"Loretta" poem (which had already been published in "The Sampler").
> > > 3) George "Baby Monkey" Dance was banned from "AYoS" for falsely accusing its editor/publisher of prejudicial practices in the selection of poems for the magazine (again, as you are well aware, (*all* of the submitted poems are *automatically* included in the monthly issue).

> > Leaving aside the truth of your above stories about Will and Zod (in my case, IIRC, you had a tantrum and "banned" me for calling your vanity project a vanity project), I'll note that none of those three were letting you use any of their poetry at the time you "banned" them. I've banned you and the Chimp from PPB, where I used to publish you, in the same way. Are you "butthurt" about that?
> > >
> More lies, Dunce. Sulzbach threw a tantrum when Jim cut his fifth reworking of the "Dirty Mike"/"Loretta" poem from "The Sampler" and it was his disruptive tantrum that got him banned. He remained banned from "AYoS" as well, because IMHO "AYoS" is a continuation of "The Sampler."

To some extent it was you taking your chimp's work and putting your own name on it. But we were talking about whom you "banned" from your "publication". Zod and Will were willing to give you and your Chimp a second chance with his second (or third) Sampler, but (as they both told you at the time) they were not going to give you another chance with AYoS. They were not letting you use any of their poetry at the time you "banned" them from AYoS. Neither was eye, when you "banned" me from AYoS. And you know that, Lying Michael.

> As for the Donkey, we have it straight from the jackass's mouth that he only stopped submitting poetry to "The Sampler" *after* he'd been banned: "(W)hen... I was banned... I decided that the time was definitely right to leave."
>
> And, as per you, you were not banned for calling "AYoS" a "vanity" (although, it fails to meed the criteria for such a designation)

It "meeds" yours, Lying Michael: 'Having your friend "publish" a print-on-demand chapbook of your poetry would be a prime an example [sic] of a vanity publication, Donkey.'
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.arts.poetry.comments/c/xltyiY3OUNc/m/dXgIZrd2AQAJ?hl=en

> but for falsely accusing me of editorial prejudice -- just as you're doing now. Some dunces never learn from their mistakes.

I've "accused" you of "publishing" your allies and excluding your enemies; which you don't believe, even though that is in fact what you've been doing..

> > > I understand that you suffer from terminal butthurt, but... get over it. You brought about your own exclusion with your false accusations. You have no one to blame but yourself.

> > If I'm 'butthurt' about anything regarding AYoS, it's for giving you a third chance and letting you use those poems I'd written for the Sampler, which I'm still trying to get out. But it's my own fault; I've always trusted other people, sometimes to excess.
> >
> Why you lying sack of shit!
>
> I pulled all copies of "AYoS" that contained any poetry by you out of circulation the day you demanded to have your poetry removed.

Lying, Michael, I asked you to remove my poetry last winter. You were still selling copies of your 2020 AYoS in June, and copies of your 2021 AYoS in August.

All you've done is revert those publications to draft. My poems are all still in your AYoS, you're still advertising them (and including my name in your ads) on Amazon, and you can resume printing them with one click any time you feel like it.

I want my poems and name out of your book, and so far you've given me nothing toward that.

> And, FYI, "AYoS" never published any poetry from "The Sampler." It only published poetry that had been submitted directly to it -- several years after "The Sampler" had been closed down.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: AYoS

<724e712f-6a56-4a39-8d3e-9f7872020f96n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227663&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227663

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 01:41:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: AYoS
From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George Dance)
 by: George Dance - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 08:41 UTC

from the same thread:

On Monday, August 14, 2023 at 8:10:54 AM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 10:08:12 PM UTC-4, George Dance wrote:
> > > So much for Dunce's pretensions to literacy.

I never "pretended" the Bandar-Log had read Kipling's Jungle Book.

> > For the record, Michael Monkey's first AYoS anthology was the zombified corpse of his Chimp's Sunday Sampler. Since then it's been a vanity project for the Bandar-Log: a chapbook in which a "friend" "publishes" their "poetry".

> So you're saying that only you and your cash cow are the only poets here that can legitimately self publish?

No, Asstroll, and I'm pretty sure you know that. I have no problem with you having your Monkey King "publish" your "poetry". In fact I'll even suggest an idea to help you "publish" more of it. You wrote poetry for the "AAPC version" of AYoS in 2021; ask your King to take those three poems of mine out of the 2021 print anthology, and use three of yours instead. Win-win for the both of us.

> You know when you called a friend, Pendragon, publishing work for people a vanity printing, you also labelled you, a friend, publishing your friend's poetry a vanity printing also.

Actually, Asstroll, it was your "friend" Michael Monkey who labelled Will's book a vanity publication, and I just made the same argument to him: When he called Will's book a vanity publication, he was labelling AYoS one. For that argument, we were using his definition.

> But what else should we expect from you but petty hypocrisy

Don't be so dishonest, Asstroll (unless of course it's something you have to as part of earning your "publication"). You know my definition, since I've told you before: It's a vanity publication iff the poets have to pay for a copy of their own work. By that definition, Will's book is not a vanity publication, while AYoS is.
(I'm pretty sure you told me at the time that you were a vanity publisher. That's not your exact words, since I'm going by memory, but they should be enough to jog yours.)

Re: AYoS

<3f021535-c4ef-4303-a321-1947188c0921n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227674&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227674

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 05:00:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 12:00 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 4:41:16 AM UTC-4, George Dance wrote:
> from the same thread:
> On Monday, August 14, 2023 at 8:10:54 AM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> I never "pretended" the Bandar-Log had read Kipling's Jungle Book.
> > > For the record, Michael Monkey's first AYoS anthology was the zombified corpse of his Chimp's Sunday Sampler. Since then it's been a vanity project for the Bandar-Log: a chapbook in which a "friend" "publishes" their "poetry".
> > So you're saying that only you and your cash cow are the only poets here that can legitimately self publish?
>
> No, Asstroll, and I'm pretty sure you know that. I have no problem with you having your Monkey King "publish" your "poetry". In fact I'll even suggest an idea to help you "publish" more of it. You wrote poetry for the "AAPC version" of AYoS in 2021; ask your King to take those three poems of mine out of the 2021 print anthology, and use three of yours instead. Win-win for the both of us.
>
> > You know when you called a friend, Pendragon, publishing work for people a vanity printing, you also labelled you, a friend, publishing your friend's poetry a vanity printing also.
>
> Actually, Asstroll, it was your "friend" Michael Monkey who labelled Will's book a vanity publication, and I just made the same argument to him: When he called Will's book a vanity publication, he was labelling AYoS one. For that argument, we were using his definition.
>
> > But what else should we expect from you but petty hypocrisy
>
> Don't be so dishonest, Asstroll (unless of course it's something you have to as part of earning your "publication"). You know my definition, since I've told you before: It's a vanity publication iff the poets have to pay for a copy of their own work. By that definition, Will's book is not a vanity publication, while AYoS is.
> (I'm pretty sure you told me at the time that you were a vanity publisher.. That's not your exact words, since I'm going by memory, but they should be enough to jog yours.)

And I'm supposed to trust your definition when you claim that I celebrate the mass murder of school children when I was speaking out against transphobia? When you said I was slurring Roger Waters as anti-Semitic by merely saying he was being sloppy in his criticism of the State of Israel by putting the symbol of the Jewish people world wide on a pig (like the White supremacist do)? You came across like Marjorie Taylor Greene, Donald Trump Jr -- only incels and transphobs would have believed and approved of what you said.

Funny how you label me "dishonest" and turn around and be the dishonest one-- you made a false ASSertion again and came across as a liar and misrepresentor again--
You definitely made up your own definition of vanity printing/publishing which is as useless as your veracity.
None of the industry definitions I saw, say a single thing about the author getting a copy of their book-- it mentioned that the authors had to pay up front to be accepted and published when a traditional publisher accepts the author's work if they choose to devote their money to publish the book, the author doesn't have to pay anything because the publisher gets part of the sales.
No body had to pay anything to get their work accepted and published in AYoS.

You are not some established book publisher, you went through a "vanity" printer to self publish as well, so you and Dockery's book is no better than AYoS. You sell through Walmart Marketplace is it? They didn't come to you to risk their money on trying to sell your book themselves. I would like to see you manage to get a national distributor like Barnes & Noble or Waldenbooks (now defunct iirc) that would take a risk on your book, actually buying copies to resell.

Dance, despite your defaming all of us who submitred to AYoS, due to your obvious bitterness, none of us had to pay just like Dockery have to pay for you to create his book. You're also print on demand, I would like to see you do it the old way, go through a commercial printer and order a printing, and have to find distributors or buyers.

Re: AYoS

<086be646-38ad-452d-ac41-5187d87ec726n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227677&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227677

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 05:40:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 12:40 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 4:23:57 AM UTC-4, George Dance wrote:

> [...]
>
> I want my poems and name out of your book, and so far you've given me nothing toward that.
>
> > And, FYI, "AYoS" never published any poetry from "The Sampler." It only published poetry that had been submitted directly to it -- several years after "The Sampler" had been closed down.
>
> No, Lying Michael. Your Chimp's third Sampler ran from early 2020 to the end of the year; at which point you decided to take the poems you wanted and call them AYoS instead. But of course you have no time sense, so you won't believe that. So let's quote what you wrote in the 2020 AYoS: "A Year of Sundays represents a cross-section of many of the finest poems that appeared in The Sunday Sampler over the past year."
>
> I know you have a name to uphold, Lying Michael, but must you lie about everything?

<3e8866bd-5ed9-4fd5-9720-ce0e1a814f52n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227685&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227685

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 05:57:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 12:57 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 4:41:16 AM UTC-4, George Dance wrote:
> from the same thread:
> On Monday, August 14, 2023 at 8:10:54 AM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> I never "pretended" the Bandar-Log had read Kipling's Jungle Book.
> > > For the record, Michael Monkey's first AYoS anthology was the zombified corpse of his Chimp's Sunday Sampler. Since then it's been a vanity project for the Bandar-Log: a chapbook in which a "friend" "publishes" their "poetry".
> > So you're saying that only you and your cash cow are the only poets here that can legitimately self publish?
>
> No, Asstroll, and I'm pretty sure you know that. I have no problem with you having your Monkey King "publish" your "poetry". In fact I'll even suggest an idea to help you "publish" more of it. You wrote poetry for the "AAPC version" of AYoS in 2021; ask your King to take those three poems of mine out of the 2021 print anthology, and use three of yours instead. Win-win for the both of us.
>
> > You know when you called a friend, Pendragon, publishing work for people a vanity printing, you also labelled you, a friend, publishing your friend's poetry a vanity printing also.
>
> Actually, Asstroll, it was your "friend" Michael Monkey who labelled Will's book a vanity publication, and I just made the same argument to him: When he called Will's book a vanity publication, he was labelling AYoS one. For that argument, we were using his definition.
>
> > But what else should we expect from you but petty hypocrisy
>
> Don't be so dishonest, Asstroll (unless of course it's something you have to as part of earning your "publication"). You know my definition, since I've told you before: It's a vanity publication iff the poets have to pay for a copy of their own work. By that definition, Will's book is not a vanity publication, while AYoS is.
> (I'm pretty sure you told me at the time that you were a vanity publisher.. That's not your exact words, since I'm going by memory, but they should be enough to jog yours.)

I believe I may have said "self published," aka vanity printing, but that's how's it's done in independent comics-- which reminds me of something I've had sitting on the side for a year now...

Re: AYoS

<2d943f8e-9c2e-49a5-a0ec-c03bc1bf136en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227686&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227686

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 06:07:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 13:07 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 4:11:29 AM UTC-4, George Dance wrote:
> On Monday, August 14, 2023 at 8:10:54 AM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:

> I never "pretended" the Bandar-Log had read Kipling's Jungle Book.
> > > For the record, Michael Monkey's first AYoS anthology was the zombified corpse of his Chimp's Sunday Sampler. Since then it's been a vanity project for the Bandar-Log: a chapbook in which a "friend" "publishes" their "poetry".
>
> > So you're saying that only you and your cash cow are the only poets here that can legitimately self publish?
> No, Asstroll, and I'm pretty sure you know that. I have no problem with you having your Monkey King "publish" your "poetry". In fact I'll even suggest an idea to help you "publish" more of it. You wrote poetry for the "AAPC version" of AYoS in 2021; ask your King to take those three poems of mine out of the 2021 print anthology, and use three of yours instead. Win-win for the both of us.

Interesting solution.

> > You know when you called a friend, Pendragon, publishing work for people a vanity printing, you also labelled you, a friend, publishing your friend's poetry a vanity printing also.
> Actually, Asstroll, it was your "friend" Michael Monkey who labelled Will's book a vanity publication, and I just made the same argument to him: When he called Will's book a vanity publication, he was labelling AYoS one. For that argument, we were using his definition.
> > But what else should we expect from you but petty hypocrisy
> Don't be so dishonest, Asstroll (unless of course it's something you have to as part of earning your "publication"). You know my definition, since I've told you before: It's a vanity publication iff the poets have to pay for a copy of their own work. By that definition, Will's book is not a vanity publication, while AYoS is.
> (I'm pretty sure you told me at the time that you were a vanity publisher.. That's not your exact words, since I'm going by memory, but they should be enough to jog yours.)

(Moved from the troll thread.)

Re: AYoS

<4f1ec1a3-ba8c-4647-a7cc-391538523258n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227688&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227688

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 06:46:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 13:46 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 9:07:27 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 4:11:29 AM UTC-4, George Dance wrote:

> > I never "pretended" the Bandar-Log had read Kipling's Jungle Book.
> >
> > > So you're saying that only you and your cash cow are the only poets here that can legitimately self publish?
> > No, Asstroll, and I'm pretty sure you know that. I have no problem with you having your Monkey King "publish" your "poetry". In fact I'll even suggest an idea to help you "publish" more of it. You wrote poetry for the "AAPC version" of AYoS in 2021; ask your King to take those three poems of mine out of the 2021 print anthology, and use three of yours instead. Win-win for the both of us.
> Interesting solution.
> > > You know when you called a friend, Pendragon, publishing work for people a vanity printing, you also labelled you, a friend, publishing your friend's poetry a vanity printing also.
> > Actually, Asstroll, it was your "friend" Michael Monkey who labelled Will's book a vanity publication, and I just made the same argument to him: When he called Will's book a vanity publication, he was labelling AYoS one. For that argument, we were using his definition.
> > > But what else should we expect from you but petty hypocrisy
> > Don't be so dishonest, Asstroll (unless of course it's something you have to as part of earning your "publication"). You know my definition, since I've told you before: It's a vanity publication iff the poets have to pay for a copy of their own work. By that definition, Will's book is not a vanity publication, while AYoS is.
> > (I'm pretty sure you told me at the time that you were a vanity publisher. That's not your exact words, since I'm going by memory, but they should be enough to jog yours.)
> (Moved from the troll thread.)

Why are you moving someone else's post? Dance obviously wanted to post in a so called "troll thread," you know.

Re: AYoS

<59016226-673f-4f4d-b852-761e2808a815n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227695&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227695

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 07:34:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George Dance)
 by: George Dance - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 14:34 UTC

<701b2479-7b8c-4a99-996c-e1ff572fbc77n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227696&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227696

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 07:41:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 14:41 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 4:23:57 AM UTC-4, George Dance wrote:
> Since I originally posted this in a Bandar-Log thread, and there are some people here who don't read those, I thought I should put it on a new thread for them.

ROTFLMAO!

Who doesn't read them? The Donkey?

We both know that he reads *everything* that gets posted here.

> On Sunday, August 13, 2023 at 11:55:41 PM UTC-4, Michael Monkey aka "Michael Pendragon" wrote:

> As you should know by now, Michael, the "Bandar-Log refers to:
> The Monkey -- Michael Monkey aka "Michael Pendragon" et al
> The Chimp -- Chimp Obsesso aka "Edward Rochester Esq"
> and the Big Buffoon -- NastyGoon aka "NancyGene"
> and what's left of their flunkies: The Asstroll aka "Ash Wurthing" and the MEatpuppet aka "ME".
>
> Which of those five are you claiming doesn't exist? Do you think none of them exist?

LOL. You know, Dunce, I would love to be King Louie. Disney's "Jungle Book" was the first movie I saw in a theater (a drive-in), and remained my favorite film throughout my early childhood. Of course, Mowgli was my favorite, but I would pretend that I was King Louie as well. When I was four, my sister and I were going to play "Jungle Book," but we each wanted to be King Louie. I solved the problem by suggesting that we both could be King Louie. We immediately worked out a little ritual of sorts that we repeated many times over the course of the next year: I would say "I'm King Louie," which would cue my sister to say "I'm King Louie," which would be the cue for us both to say "We're both King Louie," in unison. For some reason, we found the little ritual hilarious and would always end by falling into a fit of mutual laughter.

And I'm also a big Louis Prima fan.

However, I'm not a monkey, nor a king, nor do I live amid some ancient ruins in an Indian jungle... and I haven't any Bandar-Log of followers.

I realize that you've put a great deal of time and creative effort into assigning monkey names to each of the AAPC regulars, and are no doubt proud of your achievement... however, it bears little resemblance to reality.

> > > I certainly was, Monkey. Not only was I leaving your "non-existent" Bandar-Log free to attack other aapc members with impunity, but I was giving your Chimp poetry for his Sampler, and even (as you note) letting you have your pick of it to launch your anthology. I was also bringing in poets to this group, all of which you and your "non-existent" Bandar-Log drove away. In return, you stopped calling me plagiarist, pedophile, cunt, and all your other endearments -- until you felt like starting up again.
> > >
> > If you believe any of that, you're even more delusional than I thought.
>
> Oh, really? It's easy enough to check that. I believe I gave your Chimp poetry for his Sampler. You just claimed I'm "delusional" if I believe that. IOW, if you're being honest, you believe that I never gave your Chip poetry for his Sampler. But you also believe you "published" some of my poetry. Where do you think you got that poetry you "published"?

Are you playing the dunce again, Dunce? Or are you really as dense as you appear?

I'm saying you're delusional if you believe we had an unwritten treaty wherein I would stop calling you a plagiarist, pedophile, etc., if you left me free to attack other AAPC "members."

By "members," I'm assuming you mean the Donkey and his socks -- three trolls who flood the group with "hello" posts, mutual slurps, reposts of the same old tired exercises in unintelligible gibberish that the call "poems." But be that as it may.

I stopped calling you a plagiarist, pedophile, etc., for one reason: your statement that Frankie Laine played a seminal role in the development of 20th century music. I have always maintained that Mr. Laine's records of the late 1940s were direct forerunners of rock 'n' roll, and consider his 1951 recording of "Hey, Good Lookin''" a duet with Jo Stafford, to be the first rock 'n' roll record to make it to the pop charts.

Having met with a great deal of adversity regarding such views in the 1950s group, I appreciated your stance, and felt that those of us who can appreciate Mr. Laine's music should stick together. And I made every possible effort to overlook your efforts at enabling the Donkey and his socks to troll the group. I insisted on including your poetry in "AYoS," even though several of our contributors insisted that you be left out.

And I would still be supporting you today, had you not seen fit to attack my credibility as an editor.

In short, we had no unspoken treaty of any sort. I bent over backwards to include you in "AYoS" -- and even brokered several cease fires between you and the other members. And for what? More time to attack Will Donkey?

If that were the case, I would simply have skipped and ignored your posts.

If I were really the King of the Bandar-Log, do you think it strengthened my position as a ruler to insist on your inclusion in "AYoS"? Do you think my reprimand when they'd attack you were winning me any favor in their eyes?

I got *nothing* out of my so-called treaty with you... only an attack on my editorial integrity as at "thank you" for having fought to include your poetry in "AYoS."

> > > For the record, Michael Monkey's first AYoS anthology was the zombified corpse of his Chimp's Sunday Sampler. Since then it's been a vanity project for the Bandar-Log: a chapbook in which a "friend" "publishes" their "poetry".
> > >
> > Like I said, Dunce; anyone who submits a poem, either here or on the FB page, gets "published" in the monthly online version. That's what a "sampler" is.
> > > *(Yes, Michael Monkey will "publish" one poem per year from any non-Bandar-Log as well. He needs more "poets" in order to get his vanity publication listed on P&W.)
> > I publish whichever poems I feel are good enough to be included, and limit the number "Bandar-Log" poems to approximately ten per "member." As the amount of contributions increase, I hope to cut the maximum per poet down to five.

> > > Leaving aside the truth of your above stories about Will and Zod (in my case, IIRC, you had a tantrum and "banned" me for calling your vanity project a vanity project), I'll note that none of those three were letting you use any of their poetry at the time you "banned" them. I've banned you and the Chimp from PPB, where I used to publish you, in the same way. Are you "butthurt" about that?
> > > >
> > More lies, Dunce. Sulzbach threw a tantrum when Jim cut his fifth reworking of the "Dirty Mike"/"Loretta" poem from "The Sampler" and it was his disruptive tantrum that got him banned. He remained banned from "AYoS" as well, because IMHO "AYoS" is a continuation of "The Sampler."
>
> To some extent it was you taking your chimp's work and putting your own name on it.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: AYoS

<7529a70c-d97c-4c4d-b26e-371124de729bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227704&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227704

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 08:29:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 15:29 UTC

You're wrong aka lying again, Pendragon, I don't read or respond to most of the troll threads here.

In fact, this thread is the first I've seen of these recent lies and misrepresentations you posted, so I'll correct them and set the record straight here.

HTH and HAND.

Re: AYoS

<3de4a8cc-0298-428f-a337-ef23e5826a2en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227735&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227735

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 11:08:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 18:08 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 11:29:19 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> You're wrong aka lying again, Pendragon, I don't read or respond to most of the troll threads here.

Of course you don't, Donkey.

Just as you didn't read posts made by PJR, Cujo, or Aratzio... yet somehow miraculously managed to make comments to me that (quite coincidentally, of course) directly addressed the points that PJR, Cujo and Aratzio had made.

We know.

Re: AYoS

<6359b995-65f3-48b5-bc2a-ed8646f13ce9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227753&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227753

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 12:14:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Faraway Star)
 by: Faraway Star - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 19:14 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 11:29:19 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

> You're wrong aka lying again, Pendragon, I don't read or respond to most of the troll threads here.
>
> In fact, this thread is the first I've seen of these recent lies and misrepresentations you posted, so I'll correct them and set the record straight here.
>
> HTH and HAND.

Likewise, I rarely read or respond to the troll threads, so I appreciate when the posts are moved to a non-troll area...!

Re: AYoS

<da5d64f0fb26663a8b3616ee4c113584@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227755&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227755

Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 19:16:03 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 19:16 UTC

Michael Pendragon wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 11:29:19 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> You're wrong aka lying again, Pendragon, I don't read or respond to most of the troll threads here.

> Of course you don't, Donkey.

> Just as you didn't read posts made by PJR, Cujo, or Aratzio

Correct, I never read or responded to /all/ of their troll posts, as your lie claimed.

HTH and HAND.

Re: AYoS

<80ff5a5e-a1e7-470e-9eee-314ece34453en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227777&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227777

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 12:49:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Faraway Star)
 by: Faraway Star - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 19:49 UTC

<fe23557e59ebf39086473e5efc16898a@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227794&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227794

From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 21:05:27 +0000
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 15 Aug 2023 21:05 UTC

<7d298051-f326-4f2a-83da-b28ed4a9a506n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227822&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227822

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 17:49:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 00:49 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 3:20:24 PM UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> Michael Pendragon wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 11:29:19 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> >
> >> You're wrong aka lying again, Pendragon, I don't read or respond to most of the troll threads here.
>
> > Of course you don't, Donkey.
>
> > Just as you didn't read posts made by PJR, Cujo, or Aratzio
> Correct, I never read or responded to /all/ of their troll posts, as your lie claimed.

Then how did you manage to address each of the claims they made when allegedly "responding" to an unrelated statement made by Dunce, Corey, or myself?

Are you now claiming to be psychic?

Re: AYoS

<1c74d087-7f17-46ac-8590-6556d2ebe539n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227827&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227827

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 18:02:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 01:02 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 8:49:45 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 3:20:24 PM UTC-4, W.Dockery wrote:
> > Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > > Of course you don't, Donkey.
> >
> > > Just as you didn't read posts made by PJR, Cujo, or Aratzio
> > Correct, I never read or responded to /all/ of their troll posts, as your lie claimed.
> Then how did you manage to address each of the claims they made

I didn't.

when allegedly "responding" to an unrelated statement made by Dunce, Corey, or myself?

> Are you now claiming to be psychic?

Re: AYoS

<20716d53-47c6-439d-bde2-61ae0c513dfen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227832&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227832

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 18:23:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 01:23 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 9:02:40 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 8:49:45 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > > Correct, I never read or responded to /all/ of their troll posts, as your lie claimed.
> > Then how did you manage to address each of the claims they made
> I didn't.

Not successfully, perhaps, but you certainly made numerous attempts.

Re: AYoS

<da335dc9-c7b2-4e6d-971d-3ce3edb760aen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227835&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227835

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 18:52:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 01:52 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 9:23:47 PM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 9:02:40 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > Then how did you manage to address each of the claims they made
> > I didn't.
> Not successfully, perhaps, but you certainly made numerous attempts.

I said I skipped and ignored most of the troll threads, not all of them.

HTH and HAND.

Re: AYoS

<157113a2-16df-4d46-8006-12e2d1017639n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227852&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227852

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 04:26:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 11:26 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 4:41:16 AM UTC-4, George Dance wrote:
> from the same thread:
> On Monday, August 14, 2023 at 8:10:54 AM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:

> I never "pretended" the Bandar-Log had read Kipling's Jungle Book.
> > > For the record, Michael Monkey's first AYoS anthology was the zombified corpse of his Chimp's Sunday Sampler. Since then it's been a vanity project for the Bandar-Log: a chapbook in which a "friend" "publishes" their "poetry".
> > So you're saying that only you and your cash cow are the only poets here that can legitimately self publish?
>
> No, Asstroll, and I'm pretty sure you know that. I have no problem with you having your Monkey King "publish" your "poetry". In fact I'll even suggest an idea to help you "publish" more of it. You wrote poetry for the "AAPC version" of AYoS in 2021; ask your King to take those three poems of mine out of the 2021 print anthology, and use three of yours instead. Win-win for the both of us.
>
> > You know when you called a friend, Pendragon, publishing work for people a vanity printing, you also labelled you, a friend, publishing your friend's poetry a vanity printing also.
>
> Actually, Asstroll, it was your "friend" Michael Monkey who labelled Will's book a vanity publication, and I just made the same argument to him: When he called Will's book a vanity publication, he was labelling AYoS one. For that argument, we were using his definition.
>
> > But what else should we expect from you but petty hypocrisy
>
> Don't be so dishonest, Asstroll (unless of course it's something you have to as part of earning your "publication"). You know my definition, since I've told you before: It's a vanity publication iff the poets have to pay for a copy of their own work. By that definition, Will's book is not a vanity publication, while AYoS is.
> (I'm pretty sure you told me at the time that you were a vanity publisher.. That's not your exact words, since I'm going by memory, but they should be enough to jog yours.)

Good morning George, another one I missed, thanks again.

🙂

Re: AYoS

<3e77ed10-0d39-41ca-83fc-b26a1e8ee134n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227892&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227892

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 09:37:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Faraway Star)
 by: Faraway Star - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 16:37 UTC

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 4:41:16 AM UTC-4, George Dance wrote:
> from the same thread:
> On Monday, August 14, 2023 at 8:10:54 AM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:

> I never "pretended" the Bandar-Log had read Kipling's Jungle Book.
> > > For the record, Michael Monkey's first AYoS anthology was the zombified corpse of his Chimp's Sunday Sampler. Since then it's been a vanity project for the Bandar-Log: a chapbook in which a "friend" "publishes" their "poetry".
> > So you're saying that only you and your cash cow are the only poets here that can legitimately self publish?
>
> No, Asstroll, and I'm pretty sure you know that. I have no problem with you having your Monkey King "publish" your "poetry". In fact I'll even suggest an idea to help you "publish" more of it. You wrote poetry for the "AAPC version" of AYoS in 2021; ask your King to take those three poems of mine out of the 2021 print anthology, and use three of yours instead. Win-win for the both of us.
>
> > You know when you called a friend, Pendragon, publishing work for people a vanity printing, you also labelled you, a friend, publishing your friend's poetry a vanity printing also.
>
> Actually, Asstroll, it was your "friend" Michael Monkey who labelled Will's book a vanity publication, and I just made the same argument to him: When he called Will's book a vanity publication, he was labelling AYoS one. For that argument, we were using his definition.
>
> > But what else should we expect from you but petty hypocrisy
>
> Don't be so dishonest, Asstroll (unless of course it's something you have to as part of earning your "publication"). You know my definition, since I've told you before: It's a vanity publication iff the poets have to pay for a copy of their own work. By that definition, Will's book is not a vanity publication, while AYoS is.
> (I'm pretty sure you told me at the time that you were a vanity publisher.. That's not your exact words, since I'm going by memory, but they should be enough to jog yours.)

Poor little Ash tries so hard... ha ha.

Re: AYoS

<dfa2a781-11cd-46ee-ad87-3dbb9fdd559an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227913&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227913

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 12:27:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: ashwurth...@gmail.com (Ash Wurthing)
 by: Ash Wurthing - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 19:27 UTC

On Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 12:37:02 PM UTC-4, Faraway Star wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 4:41:16 AM UTC-4, George Dance wrote:
> > from the same thread:

> > I never "pretended" the Bandar-Log had read Kipling's Jungle Book.
> > > So you're saying that only you and your cash cow are the only poets here that can legitimately self publish?
> >
> > No, Asstroll, and I'm pretty sure you know that. I have no problem with you having your Monkey King "publish" your "poetry". In fact I'll even suggest an idea to help you "publish" more of it. You wrote poetry for the "AAPC version" of AYoS in 2021; ask your King to take those three poems of mine out of the 2021 print anthology, and use three of yours instead. Win-win for the both of us.
> >
> > > You know when you called a friend, Pendragon, publishing work for people a vanity printing, you also labelled you, a friend, publishing your friend's poetry a vanity printing also.
> >
> > Actually, Asstroll, it was your "friend" Michael Monkey who labelled Will's book a vanity publication, and I just made the same argument to him: When he called Will's book a vanity publication, he was labelling AYoS one. For that argument, we were using his definition.
> >
> > > But what else should we expect from you but petty hypocrisy
> >
> > Don't be so dishonest, Asstroll (unless of course it's something you have to as part of earning your "publication"). You know my definition, since I've told you before: It's a vanity publication iff the poets have to pay for a copy of their own work. By that definition, Will's book is not a vanity publication, while AYoS is.
> > (I'm pretty sure you told me at the time that you were a vanity publisher. That's not your exact words, since I'm going by memory, but they should be enough to jog yours.)
> Poor little Ash tries so hard... ha ha.

Po' Zod, "...they who are least acquainted with the game are aptest to bark at everything that comes in their way." (Thomas Rymer)
Ash is doing just fine with what you assume is nothin'-- you LoseNet vets have been coddled by the LoseNet, ass patting each other that you're somethin' and thinkin' so highly of yourselves that you have no clue of UW-- you haven't been to War College have you?

Re: AYoS

<b348ff23-f5b5-4ecf-8f5f-c1a650ec0162n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=227914&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#227914

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 12:42:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Faraway Star)
 by: Faraway Star - Wed, 16 Aug 2023 19:42 UTC

On Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 3:27:39 PM UTC-4, Ash Wurthing wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 12:37:02 PM UTC-4, Faraway Star wrote:
> > On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 4:41:16 AM UTC-4, George Dance wrote:
> > > from the same thread:

> > > I never "pretended" the Bandar-Log had read Kipling's Jungle Book.
> > >
> > > No, Asstroll, and I'm pretty sure you know that. I have no problem with you having your Monkey King "publish" your "poetry". In fact I'll even suggest an idea to help you "publish" more of it. You wrote poetry for the "AAPC version" of AYoS in 2021; ask your King to take those three poems of mine out of the 2021 print anthology, and use three of yours instead. Win-win for the both of us.

> > > Actually, Asstroll, it was your "friend" Michael Monkey who labelled Will's book a vanity publication, and I just made the same argument to him: When he called Will's book a vanity publication, he was labelling AYoS one.. For that argument, we were using his definition.

> > > Don't be so dishonest, Asstroll (unless of course it's something you have to as part of earning your "publication"). You know my definition, since I've told you before: It's a vanity publication iff the poets have to pay for a copy of their own work. By that definition, Will's book is not a vanity publication, while AYoS is.
> > > (I'm pretty sure you told me at the time that you were a vanity publisher. That's not your exact words, since I'm going by memory, but they should be enough to jog yours.)
> > Poor little Ash tries so hard... ha ha.
> Po' Zod, "...they who are least acquainted with the game are aptest to bark at everything that comes in their way." (Thomas Rymer)
> Ash is doing just fine

Of course you'd make that claim... ha ha.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / AYoS