Everyone was born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: REQUIEM FOR DIRTNAP DAVE -- An AI Generated Poem

SubjectAuthor
* REQUIEM FOR DIRTNAP DAVE -- An AI Generated PoemMichael Pendragon
`- Re: REQUIEM FOR DIRTNAP DAVE -- An AI Generated PoemNancyGene

1
REQUIEM FOR DIRTNAP DAVE -- An AI Generated Poem

<a6c84f47-4e55-4114-abfe-36001cc452ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=229936&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#229936

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 12:55:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: REQUIEM FOR DIRTNAP DAVE -- An AI Generated Poem
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 19:55 UTC

Dirtnap Dave, in his grave, lies at rest,
His head embraced by Zod's metal quest.
With a solemn nod, the mourners summon,
To honor Dave, their departed kinsman.

Clay the Gay spills the ashes with care,
From a jar of mayo, they fill the air.
The Donkey Clan gathers, near and far,
For this solemn ceremony, beneath the stars.

A funeral service, with sorrow profound,
They gather atop a cliff, to the edge, they're bound.
Over the abyss, they release his remains,
As Donkey reads a poem, though self-gains he claims.

His words echo loud, with a self-serving tone,
Mumbling a drunken song, all on his own.
While the Donkeys listen, a mixture of grief,
His egotism evident, beyond belief.

Amidst the solemnity, an unwelcome quest,
Photographs offered, glossy and blessed.
Eight by ten memories, for a small fee,
A somber remembrance, turned commodity.

But let us remember the essence of Dave,
Beyond the theatrics and spectacle brave.
A life now ended, his journey complete,
In the hearts of loved ones, his spirit shall greet.

For in the end, it's not about the gain,
Or the self-aggrandizing, like a greedy vein.
We honor the departed, their memory we keep,
With love and respect, from the depths so deep.

Re: REQUIEM FOR DIRTNAP DAVE -- An AI Generated Poem

<71c5c730-6f2a-49c7-a618-8b7bc894b2aan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=229947&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#229947

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 13:50:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: REQUIEM FOR DIRTNAP DAVE -- An AI Generated Poem
From: nancygen...@gmail.com (NancyGene)
 by: NancyGene - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 20:50 UTC

On Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 7:55:18 PM UTC, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> Dirtnap Dave, in his grave, lies at rest,
> His head embraced by Zod's metal quest.
> With a solemn nod, the mourners summon,
> To honor Dave, their departed kinsman.
>
> Clay the Gay spills the ashes with care,
> From a jar of mayo, they fill the air.
> The Donkey Clan gathers, near and far,
> For this solemn ceremony, beneath the stars.
>
> A funeral service, with sorrow profound,
> They gather atop a cliff, to the edge, they're bound.
> Over the abyss, they release his remains,
> As Donkey reads a poem, though self-gains he claims.
>
> His words echo loud, with a self-serving tone,
> Mumbling a drunken song, all on his own.
> While the Donkeys listen, a mixture of grief,
> His egotism evident, beyond belief.
>
> Amidst the solemnity, an unwelcome quest,
> Photographs offered, glossy and blessed.
> Eight by ten memories, for a small fee,
> A somber remembrance, turned commodity.
>
> But let us remember the essence of Dave,
> Beyond the theatrics and spectacle brave.
> A life now ended, his journey complete,
> In the hearts of loved ones, his spirit shall greet.
>
> For in the end, it's not about the gain,
> Or the self-aggrandizing, like a greedy vein.
> We honor the departed, their memory we keep,
> With love and respect, from the depths so deep.

This is certainly a fine poem, but it doesn't mention that DirtNap Dave was a retarded dwarf. Perhaps a stanza such as below could be added, to form a larger picture of a tiny man?

DirtNap Dave was a dwarf who never took a shower,
He smoked a cigarette given him each and every half hour.
His brother, a ne'er-do-well, took and cashed his disability checks,
And spent them on drink and on truck stop women sex.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: REQUIEM FOR DIRTNAP DAVE -- An AI Generated Poem