Suicide is simply a case of mistaken identity.

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: February / George Dance

SubjectAuthor
* Re: February / George DanceWill Dockery
+- Re: February / George DanceMichael Pendragon
`- Re: February / George DanceGeneral-Zod

1
Re: February / George Dance

<1c95785b-7f50-4e77-95d6-2a143629545en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216693&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#216693

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 12:40:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: February / George Dance
From: opb...@yahoo.com (Will Dockery)
 by: Will Dockery - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 19:40 UTC

Like I said, my take is clearly stated here:

>> Well, you wrote all three lines, so I don't see any way anyone else
>> could get away with claiming they wrote them... all three would be
>> yours in any combination, and either Karla or GB would get a credit
>> for /arranging/ the lines, at best.
>> In fact, I thought of commenting to GB's post that he was really
>> following through on Dale Houstman's "post-art world of plagiarism &
>> collage":

Here, Pendragon ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> "...There are some reasons to believe that we are already living in a
>> "post-art" world, in which all work produced is merely collage and
>> plagiarism, comments on art rather than art itself. And it didn't
>> happen
>> because "scientists 'explained' art" (whatever that could mean), but
>> because the surrounding culture, driven by mere Sensation, the
>> ubiquity
>> of entertainment, and the "hive-mind" radiated by TV and the like,
>> has
>> become less a viable habitat for individual expression and for the
>> quiet
>> and timeless interstices in which imagination finds its outlet..."

Here, Pendragon ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Anyway, the point of this post was to make it clear that GB didn't
> write those lines, and the ones that followed used quite a bit of what
> could be called "collage", though I didn't bother to get into all that
> explicitly.

Again, this statement should be easily comprehended, even by a delusional fuckwit like Michael Pendragon. ^^^^^^^°

>> > But it is an interesting form, isn't it? A 9-line poem with 3 lines
>> > each repeated three times.
>> Yes, and would work well for lyrics, also.
>> > It would be hard to find lines strong enough to hold up all the way
>> > through; or flexible enough to change in meaning as in a triolet or
>> > villanelle.
>> >
>> > I just tried writing one, using the first three lines that looked like
>> > they'd work together:
>> >
>> > Ever after
>> > They come,
>> > she says:
>> >
>> > “They come,”
>> > she says.
>> > Ever after,
>> >
>> > she says:
>> > “Ever after,
>> > They come.”

And so it goes.

Re: February / George Dance

<d4605b06-2b74-45f2-9344-43a102edbad2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=216703&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#216703

Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 13:16:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: michaelm...@gmail.com (Michael Pendragon)
 by: Michael Pendragon - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 20:16 UTC

On Saturday, June 3, 2023 at 3:40:09 PM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 10:22:23 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

> Like I said, my take is clearly stated here:
> >> Well, you wrote all three lines, so I don't see any way anyone else
> >> could get away with claiming they wrote them... all three would be
> >> yours in any combination, and either Karla or GB would get a credit
> >> for /arranging/ the lines, at best.
> >> In fact, I thought of commenting to GB's post that he was really
> >> following through on Dale Houstman's "post-art world of plagiarism &
> >> collage":
> Here, Pendragon ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >> "...There are some reasons to believe that we are already living in a
> >> "post-art" world, in which all work produced is merely collage and
> >> plagiarism, comments on art rather than art itself. And it didn't
> >> happen
> >> because "scientists 'explained' art" (whatever that could mean), but
> >> because the surrounding culture, driven by mere Sensation, the
> >> ubiquity
> >> of entertainment, and the "hive-mind" radiated by TV and the like,
> >> has
> >> become less a viable habitat for individual expression and for the
> >> quiet
> >> and timeless interstices in which imagination finds its outlet..."
> Here, Pendragon ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Anyway, the point of this post was to make it clear that GB didn't
> > write those lines, and the ones that followed used quite a bit of what
> > could be called "collage", though I didn't bother to get into all that
> > explicitly.
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Again, this statement should be easily comprehended, even by a delusional fuckwit like Michael Pendragon. ^^^^^^^°
> >> Yes, and would work well for lyrics, also.

> And so it goes.

Why are you repeating yourself, Donkey?

Stupidity is bad enough the first time around.

Re: February / George Dance

<5fcc703ad07322f33619b1e99c68053f@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=247824&group=alt.arts.poetry.comments#247824

Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 22:36:01 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 22:36 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 10:22:23 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

> Like I said, my take is clearly stated here:

>>> Well, you wrote all three lines, so I don't see any way anyone else
>>> could get away with claiming they wrote them... all three would be
>>> yours in any combination, and either Karla or GB would get a credit
>>> for /arranging/ the lines, at best.
>>> In fact, I thought of commenting to GB's post that he was really
>>> following through on Dale Houstman's "post-art world of plagiarism &
>>> collage":

> Here, Pendragon ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>>> "...There are some reasons to believe that we are already living in a
>>> "post-art" world, in which all work produced is merely collage and
>>> plagiarism, comments on art rather than art itself. And it didn't
>>> happen
>>> because "scientists 'explained' art" (whatever that could mean), but
>>> because the surrounding culture, driven by mere Sensation, the
>>> ubiquity
>>> of entertainment, and the "hive-mind" radiated by TV and the like,
>>> has
>>> become less a viable habitat for individual expression and for the
>>> quiet
>>> and timeless interstices in which imagination finds its outlet..."

> Here, Pendragon ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> Anyway, the point of this post was to make it clear that GB didn't
>> write those lines, and the ones that followed used quite a bit of what
>> could be called "collage", though I didn't bother to get into all that
>> explicitly.

> Again, this statement should be easily comprehended, even by a delusional fuckwit like Michael Pendragon. ^^^^^^^°

>>> Yes, and would work well for lyrics, also.

> And so it goes.

Indeed.....

arts / alt.arts.poetry.comments / Re: February / George Dance