The rich get rich, and the poor get poorer. The haves get more, the have-nots die.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / PAN Newsreader - use version 0.140 - moving block lists from other PC

SubjectAuthor
* PAN Newsreader - use version 0.140 - moving block lists from other PCDavid
+* Re: PAN Newsreader - use version 0.140 - moving block lists from other PCJoe
|`- Re: PAN Newsreader - use version 0.140 - moving block lists from other PCDavid
`- Re: PAN Newsreader - use version 0.140 - moving block lists from other PCBob Eager

1
PAN Newsreader - use version 0.140 - moving block lists from other PC

<l97bsnF6gc0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122430&group=uk.d-i-y#122430

From: wib...@btinternet.com (David)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: PAN Newsreader - use version 0.140 - moving block lists from other
PC
Date: 28 Apr 2024 16:30:15 GMT
 by: David - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 16:30 UTC

Just setting up my replacement laptop for the broken one.

Belatedly realised that the latest version of PAN doesn't work well with
windows graphics.

Version 0.140 does which is the one saved on my file server.

Memo to self for future searches, and also for anyone else who has issues
when using e.g. a Logitech mouse with all the picture disappearing.

I've now got this instance working, and I'm seeing all the usual suspects
laboriously blocked on other PCs.

Is there a block list file that can be just moved across?

Cheers

Dave R

--
W11 Home on Dell XPS 13 i7

Re: PAN Newsreader - use version 0.140 - moving block lists from other PC

<20240428181749.6d11a53b@jrenewsid.jretrading.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122433&group=uk.d-i-y#122433

From: joe...@jretrading.com (Joe)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: PAN Newsreader - use version 0.140 - moving block lists from
other PC
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 18:17:49 +0100
 by: Joe - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 17:17 UTC

On 28 Apr 2024 16:30:15 GMT
David <wibble@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Just setting up my replacement laptop for the broken one.
>
> Belatedly realised that the latest version of PAN doesn't work well
> with windows graphics.
>
> Version 0.140 does which is the one saved on my file server.
>
> Memo to self for future searches, and also for anyone else who has
> issues when using e.g. a Logitech mouse with all the picture
> disappearing.
>
> I've now got this instance working, and I'm seeing all the usual
> suspects laboriously blocked on other PCs.
>
> Is there a block list file that can be just moved across?

Do you mean scoring to avoid displaying certain messages? If so, your
profile directory in home (.pan2) contains a 'score' file.

Create a score from the new Pan itself first, then check the score file
format hasn't changed, then copy and paste as required.

--
Joe

Re: PAN Newsreader - use version 0.140 - moving block lists from other PC

<l97ev3F6vtiU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122435&group=uk.d-i-y#122435

From: wib...@btinternet.com (David)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
other PC
Date: 28 Apr 2024 17:22:43 GMT
 by: David - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 17:22 UTC

On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 18:17:49 +0100, Joe wrote:

> On 28 Apr 2024 16:30:15 GMT David <wibble@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> Just setting up my replacement laptop for the broken one.
>>
>> Belatedly realised that the latest version of PAN doesn't work well
>> with windows graphics.
>>
>> Version 0.140 does which is the one saved on my file server.
>>
>> Memo to self for future searches, and also for anyone else who has
>> issues when using e.g. a Logitech mouse with all the picture
>> disappearing.
>>
>> I've now got this instance working, and I'm seeing all the usual
>> suspects laboriously blocked on other PCs.
>>
>> Is there a block list file that can be just moved across?
>>

> Do you mean scoring to avoid displaying certain messages? If so, your
> profile directory in home (.pan2) contains a 'score' file.
>
> Create a score from the new Pan itself first, then check the score file
> format hasn't changed, then copy and paste as required.

Ta.

I was looking to replicate the block list with names such as Rod Speed in.
Version of PAN is the same so file format should be as well.

Cheers

Dave R

--
W11 Home on Dell XPS 13 i7

Re: PAN Newsreader - use version 0.140 - moving block lists from other PC

<l980cuFt8lfU7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122449&group=uk.d-i-y#122449

From: news0...@eager.cx (Bob Eager)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
other PC
Date: 28 Apr 2024 22:20:14 GMT
 by: Bob Eager - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 22:20 UTC

On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 16:30:15 +0000, David wrote:

> Just setting up my replacement laptop for the broken one.
>
> Belatedly realised that the latest version of PAN doesn't work well with
> windows graphics.
>
> Version 0.140 does which is the one saved on my file server.
>
> Memo to self for future searches, and also for anyone else who has
> issues when using e.g. a Logitech mouse with all the picture
> disappearing.
>
> I've now got this instance working, and I'm seeing all the usual
> suspects laboriously blocked on other PCs.
>
> Is there a block list file that can be just moved across?

Try .pan2/Score in your home directory.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / PAN Newsreader - use version 0.140 - moving block lists from other PC