Expect a letter from a friend who will ask a favor of you.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

SubjectAuthor
* [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadL
`* Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadTim+
 `* Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadGB
  +* Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadTim+
  |`* Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadL
  | `* Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadTim+
  |  +- Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadColin Macleod
  |  `* Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadL
  |   `* Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadTim+
  |    `- Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadL
  +- Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadL
  `* Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadBrian-Gaff \(bed 2\)
   +- Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadL
   `* Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadL
    `* Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadTheo
     `* Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadL
      `* Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadTheo
       `* Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadTheo
        `- Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPadL

1
[OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<v131o9$kf5a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122626&group=uk.d-i-y#122626

From: L...@uk.co.uk (L)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 17:01:13 +0100
 by: L - Fri, 3 May 2024 16:01 UTC

Sorry for off topic
I made a newsgroup app for iPhone and iPad called Newsygroup

Newsygroup let you read and post to any newsgroup right on your iPhone and iPad. It is a text-based newsgroup reader and can connect to any usenet servers. (Supports authentication and SSL)

You may check it out on AppStore:
https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265

Or follow me on X
https://x.com/newsygroup

Just feel free to let me know if you have any comments or suggestions! Thanks!

--
Sent by Newsygroup
Newsgroup reader for iPhone
https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<1946526073.736453669.136675.timdownieuk-yahoo.co.youkay@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122651&group=uk.d-i-y#122651

From: timdowni...@yahoo.co.youkay (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad
Date: 3 May 2024 18:28:56 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Fri, 3 May 2024 18:28 UTC

L <L@uk.co.uk> wrote:
> Sorry for off topic
> I made a newsgroup app for iPhone and iPad called Newsygroup
>
> Newsygroup let you read and post to any newsgroup right on your iPhone
> and iPad. It is a text-based newsgroup reader and can connect to any
> usenet servers. (Supports authentication and SSL)
>
> You may check it out on AppStore:
> https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265
>
> Or follow me on X
> https://x.com/newsygroup
>
> Just feel free to let me know if you have any comments or suggestions! Thanks!

Needs work. No differentiation between quoted text and replies. That’s
just useless.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<497830513.736456397.290836.timdownieuk-yahoo.co.youkay@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122667&group=uk.d-i-y#122667

From: timdowni...@yahoo.co.youkay (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 3 May 2024 19:16:17 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Fri, 3 May 2024 19:16 UTC

GB <NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid> wrote:
> On 03/05/2024 19:28, Tim+ wrote:
>> L <L@uk.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Sorry for off topic
>>> I made a newsgroup app for iPhone and iPad called Newsygroup
>>>
>>> Newsygroup let you read and post to any newsgroup right on your iPhone
>>> and iPad. It is a text-based newsgroup reader and can connect to any
>>> usenet servers. (Supports authentication and SSL)
>>>
>>> You may check it out on AppStore:
>>> https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265
>>>
>>> Or follow me on X
>>> https://x.com/newsygroup
>>>
>>> Just feel free to let me know if you have any comments or suggestions! Thanks!
>>>

>> Needs work. No differentiation between quoted text and replies. That’s
>> just useless.
>
> "Useless" - That's a bit harsh. The first new usenet client for IOS for
> years, so be kind.

Would you use a client that doesn’t support quoting?

It’s true that the options are incredibly limited and I welcome a new one,
but it needs work. Hopefully the poster will take on board constructive
comments.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<v13e5a$n4fe$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122668&group=uk.d-i-y#122668

From: L...@uk.co.uk (L)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 20:32:58 +0100
 by: L - Fri, 3 May 2024 19:32 UTC

GB wrote:
>On 03/05/2024 19:28, Tim+ wrote:
>> L <L@uk.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Sorry for off topic
>>> I made a newsgroup app for iPhone and iPad called Newsygroup
>>>
>>> Newsygroup let you read and post to any newsgroup right on your iPhone
>>> and iPad. It is a text-based newsgroup reader and can connect to any
>>> usenet servers. (Supports authentication and SSL)
>>>
>>> You may check it out on AppStore:
>>> https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265
>>>
>>> Or follow me on X
>>> https://x.com/newsygroup
>>>
>>> Just feel free to let me know if you have any comments or suggestions! Thanks!
>>>

>> Needs work. No differentiation between quoted text and replies. That’s
>> just useless.
>
>"Useless" - That's a bit harsh. The first new usenet client for IOS for
>years, so be kind.
>

>> Tim

That’s absolutely fine

Actually, I developed this app more than 10 years ago. But for some reasons, I limited it to HK AppStore only

--
Sent by Newsygroup
Newsgroup reader for iPhone
https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<910416557.736457652.041467.timdownieuk-yahoo.co.youkay@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122670&group=uk.d-i-y#122670

From: timdowni...@yahoo.co.youkay (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 3 May 2024 19:37:36 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Fri, 3 May 2024 19:37 UTC

L <L@uk.co.uk> wrote:
> Tim+ wrote:
>> GB <NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid> wrote:

>>> "Useless" - That's a bit harsh. The first new usenet client for IOS for
>>> years, so be kind.
>>>

>> Would you use a client that doesn’t support quoting?
>>
>> It’s true that the options are incredibly limited and I welcome a new one,
>> but it needs work. Hopefully the poster will take on board constructive
>> comments.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> --
>> Please don't feed the trolls
> Well, any comments are welcome
>
> I’ll look into it to see how can I implement block for quotes within the post.
>
> The reason why I didn’t implement this is, in HK, people don’t quote any
> text when replying just like using Facebook or Twitter (x now)

It’s a USENET convention to always quote text to provide context. Without
obvious differentiation between quoted text and replies things could get
very confusing.

> Anyway, thanks for your comment
> Is there anything needs to be improved as well?

Fix that and then I’ll have another look. Your efforts are appreciated
though as the options for accessing USENET on an iPad are currently very
limited.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<v13e33$n4fe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122684&group=uk.d-i-y#122684

From: L...@uk.co.uk (L)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 20:31:47 +0100
 by: L - Fri, 3 May 2024 19:31 UTC

Tim+ wrote:
>GB <NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid> wrote:

>>> Needs work. No differentiation between quoted text and replies. That’s
>>> just useless.
>>
>> "Useless" - That's a bit harsh. The first new usenet client for IOS for
>> years, so be kind.
>>

>Would you use a client that doesn’t support quoting?
>
>It’s true that the options are incredibly limited and I welcome a new one,
>but it needs work. Hopefully the poster will take on board constructive
>comments.
>
>Tim
>
>--
>Please don't feed the trolls
Well, any comments are welcome

I’ll look into it to see how can I implement block for quotes within the post.

The reason why I didn’t implement this is, in HK, people don’t quote any text when replying just like using Facebook or Twitter (x now)

Anyway, thanks for your comment
Is there anything needs to be improved as well?

--
Sent by Newsygroup
Newsgroup reader for iPhone
https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<1714773277-7@cmacleod.me.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122691&group=uk.d-i-y#122691

From: use...@cmacleod.me.uk.invalid (Colin Macleod)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 03 May 24 21:54:37 GMT
 by: Colin Macleod - Fri, 3 May 2024 21:54 UTC

Tim+ <timdownieuk@yahoo.co.youkay> posted:

> Fix that and then I'll have another look. Your efforts are appreciated
> though as the options for accessing USENET on an iPad are currently very
> limited.

You might be interested in a web interface to Usenet I'm working on.
It's intended to be usable on desktop or mobile devices. It does quote
the text you are replying to - see above (I've edited that down of course).
It can be found at https://cmacleod.me.uk/ng

--
Colin Macleod.

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<v13aks$m686$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122702&group=uk.d-i-y#122702

From: NOTsome...@microsoft.invalid (GB)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 19:33:02 +0100
 by: GB - Fri, 3 May 2024 18:33 UTC

On 03/05/2024 19:28, Tim+ wrote:
> L <L@uk.co.uk> wrote:
>> Sorry for off topic
>> I made a newsgroup app for iPhone and iPad called Newsygroup
>>
>> Newsygroup let you read and post to any newsgroup right on your iPhone
>> and iPad. It is a text-based newsgroup reader and can connect to any
>> usenet servers. (Supports authentication and SSL)
>>
>> You may check it out on AppStore:
>> https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265
>>
>> Or follow me on X
>> https://x.com/newsygroup
>>
>> Just feel free to let me know if you have any comments or suggestions! Thanks!
>>

> Needs work. No differentiation between quoted text and replies. That’s
> just useless.

"Useless" - That's a bit harsh. The first new usenet client for IOS for
years, so be kind.

> Tim

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<v1a8e4$2g3mp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122861&group=uk.d-i-y#122861

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian-Gaff \(bed 2\))
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 10:41:08 +0100
 by: Brian-Gaff \(bed 2\) - Mon, 6 May 2024 09:41 UTC

Is it voice over compatible? If yes then might I suggest that an option to
make a noise on quoted text might be good, fed up with greater than etc
being spoken in quoted text. Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"GB" <NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid> wrote in message
> On 03/05/2024 19:28, Tim+ wrote:
>> L <L@uk.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Sorry for off topic
>>> I made a newsgroup app for iPhone and iPad called Newsygroup
>>>
>>> Newsygroup let you read and post to any newsgroup right on your iPhone
>>> and iPad. It is a text-based newsgroup reader and can connect to any
>>> usenet servers. (Supports authentication and SSL)
>>>
>>> You may check it out on AppStore:
>>> https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265
>>>
>>> Or follow me on X
>>> https://x.com/newsygroup
>>>
>>> Just feel free to let me know if you have any comments or suggestions!
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> Needs work. No differentiation between quoted text and replies. That�?Ts
>> just useless.
>
> "Useless" - That's a bit harsh. The first new usenet client for IOS for
> years, so be kind.
>

>> Tim

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<v1h0ov$7rni$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122991&group=uk.d-i-y#122991

From: L...@uk.co.uk (L)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 9 May 2024 00:10:23 +0100
 by: L - Wed, 8 May 2024 23:10 UTC

Tim+ wrote:
>L <L@uk.co.uk> wrote:
>> Tim+ wrote:

>>> Would you use a client that doesn’t support quoting?
>>>
>>> It’s true that the options are incredibly limited and I welcome a new one,
>>> but it needs work. Hopefully the poster will take on board constructive
>>> comments.
>>>
>>> Tim
>>>
>>> --
>>> Please don't feed the trolls
>> Well, any comments are welcome
>>
>> I’ll look into it to see how can I implement block for quotes within the post.
>>
>> The reason why I didn’t implement this is, in HK, people don’t quote any
>> text when replying just like using Facebook or Twitter (x now)
>>

>It’s a USENET convention to always quote text to provide context. Without
>obvious differentiation between quoted text and replies things could get
>very confusing.
>

>> Anyway, thanks for your comment
>> Is there anything needs to be improved as well?
>>

>Fix that and then I’ll have another look. Your efforts are appreciated
>though as the options for accessing USENET on an iPad are currently very
>limited.
>
>Tim
>
>--
>Please don't feed the trolls

Spent few days to work on that
just wanna make sure if I’m doing correctly
May I know if this is what you want?

iPad: https://postimg.cc/xJrKNPw7

iPhone: https://postimg.cc/3d9CfmG4

Thx

--
Sent by Newsygroup
Newsgroup reader for iPhone
https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<v1h2n1$87da$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122994&group=uk.d-i-y#122994

From: L...@uk.co.uk (L)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 9 May 2024 00:43:29 +0100
 by: L - Wed, 8 May 2024 23:43 UTC

Brian-Gaff \(bed 2\) wrote:
>Is it voice over compatible? If yes then might I suggest that an option to
>make a noise on quoted text might be good, fed up with greater than etc
>being spoken in quoted text. Brian
>
>--
>From the Bed of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
>Remember, if you don't like where I post
>or what I say, you don't have to
>read my posts! :-)
>"GB" <NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Needs work. No differentiation between quoted text and replies. That?s
>>> just useless.
>>
>> "Useless" - That's a bit harsh. The first new usenet client for IOS for
>> years, so be kind.
>>

>>> Tim

That sounds interesting
I’ve never touch accessibility dev kit but it should be support voice over natively as the UI in Newsygroup is pretty standard

What kind of noise you expect?
Could you give me some example so that I can explore the possibility?

--
Sent by Newsygroup
Newsgroup reader for iPhone
https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<200110844.736929014.196711.timdownieuk-yahoo.co.youkay@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=122997&group=uk.d-i-y#122997

From: timdowni...@yahoo.co.youkay (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 9 May 2024 06:35:37 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Thu, 9 May 2024 06:35 UTC

L <L@uk.co.uk> wrote:
> Tim+ wrote:
>> L <L@uk.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Well, any comments are welcome
>>>
>>> I’ll look into it to see how can I implement block for quotes within the post.
>>>
>>> The reason why I didn’t implement this is, in HK, people don’t quote any
>>> text when replying just like using Facebook or Twitter (x now)
>>>

>> It’s a USENET convention to always quote text to provide context. Without
>> obvious differentiation between quoted text and replies things could get
>> very confusing.
>>

>>> Anyway, thanks for your comment
>>> Is there anything needs to be improved as well?
>>>

>> Fix that and then I’ll have another look. Your efforts are appreciated
>> though as the options for accessing USENET on an iPad are currently very
>> limited.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> --
>> Please don't feed the trolls
>

> Spent few days to work on that
> just wanna make sure if I’m doing correctly
> May I know if this is what you want?
>
> iPad: https://postimg.cc/xJrKNPw7
>
> iPhone: https://postimg.cc/3d9CfmG4
>
> Thx

Quoting sorted now thank you. I think though that one needs a view of just
the subject lines without seeing some or any of the content of the posts.
At present I skip over a large number of messages because the subject
isn’t of interest. Your interface makes it very slow to scroll through all
the posted subjects as it’s displaying to contents of each new message in
addition to the subject line.

Regards,

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<v1ifnb$lbme$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=123013&group=uk.d-i-y#123013

From: L...@uk.co.uk (L)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 9 May 2024 13:31:39 +0100
 by: L - Thu, 9 May 2024 12:31 UTC

Brian-Gaff \(bed 2\) wrote:
>Is it voice over compatible? If yes then might I suggest that an option to
>make a noise on quoted text might be good, fed up with greater than etc
>being spoken in quoted text. Brian
>
>--
>From the Bed of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
>Remember, if you don't like where I post
>or what I say, you don't have to
>read my posts! :-)
>"GB" <NOTsomeone@microsoft.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Needs work. No differentiation between quoted text and replies. That?s
>>> just useless.
>>
>> "Useless" - That's a bit harsh. The first new usenet client for IOS for
>> years, so be kind.
>>

>>> Tim

I can split the quotes/unquoted text into blocks so that u can select them individually for voice over
Would it be easier for you?

Example:
https://postimg.cc/sGRbZQ73
https://postimg.cc/YLfZNrzY

--
Sent by Newsygroup
Newsgroup reader for iPhone
https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<9vD*onZJz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=123015&group=uk.d-i-y#123015

From: theom+n...@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 09 May 2024 14:18:49 +0100 (BST)
 by: Theo - Thu, 9 May 2024 13:18 UTC

L <L@uk.co.uk> wrote:
> I can split the quotes/unquoted text into blocks so that u can select them individually for voice over
> Would it be easier for you?
>
> Example:
> https://postimg.cc/sGRbZQ73
> https://postimg.cc/YLfZNrzY

Brian is blind, so he won't be able to see that. It looks like you have a
highlighted box over each level of quoted text. It looks like the box is
over the quoted text alone, eg "Don't bother waiting in... Actually it
looks like it's a drop shipping warehouse"

If you're able to include the introduction line that says who wrote it then it
might make more sense, ie:

'On 09/05/2024 10:39 Andy Burns wrote: "Don't bother waiting in... Actually
it looks like it's a drop shipping warehouse"'

then the voiceover would make more sense, otherwise it's hard to distinguish
one speaker from another. Even better if they could have different voices
:-)

No sure how easy it is to determine those, especially when people trim them
in followups. There doesn't seem to be a standard format for introduction
lines (which are often in the language of the poster's client, not always
English)

But even just allowing highlighting of different levels of quoting seems
better than speaking 'greater than greather than...'

Theo

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<v1lma8$1ftot$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=123045&group=uk.d-i-y#123045

From: L...@uk.co.uk (L)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 10 May 2024 18:42:32 +0100
 by: L - Fri, 10 May 2024 17:42 UTC

Theo wrote:
>L <L@uk.co.uk> wrote:
>> I can split the quotes/unquoted text into blocks so that u can select them individually for voice over
>> Would it be easier for you?
>>
>> Example:
>> https://postimg.cc/sGRbZQ73
>> https://postimg.cc/YLfZNrzY
>
>Brian is blind, so he won't be able to see that. It looks like you have a
>highlighted box over each level of quoted text. It looks like the box is
>over the quoted text alone, eg "Don't bother waiting in... Actually it
>looks like it's a drop shipping warehouse"
>
>If you're able to include the introduction line that says who wrote it then it
>might make more sense, ie:
>
>'On 09/05/2024 10:39 Andy Burns wrote: "Don't bother waiting in... Actually
>it looks like it's a drop shipping warehouse"'
>
>then the voiceover would make more sense, otherwise it's hard to distinguish
>one speaker from another. Even better if they could have different voices
>:-)
>
>No sure how easy it is to determine those, especially when people trim them
>in followups. There doesn't seem to be a standard format for introduction
>lines (which are often in the language of the poster's client, not always
>English)
>
>But even just allowing highlighting of different levels of quoting seems
>better than speaking 'greater than greather than...'
>
>Theo

I’ve made Newsygroup more VoiceOver friendly

Here is the results:
https://youtu.be/vn-jM8tYyMA?si=56vY3MnsLNhLqpoe

But I still haven’t figure it out how to make it announce “quoted” and “unquoted” sound

And I’m not VoiceOver user, I might need more feedbacks to make it better.
If you or Brian don’t mind, I can send out TestFlight invitation by apple to test the beta version of Newsygroup.

--
Sent by Newsygroup
Newsgroup reader for iPhone
https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<9vD*Fn6Jz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=123047&group=uk.d-i-y#123047

From: theom+n...@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 10 May 2024 22:11:25 +0100 (BST)
 by: Theo - Fri, 10 May 2024 21:11 UTC

L <L@uk.co.uk> wrote:
> I’ve made Newsygroup more VoiceOver friendly
>
> Here is the results:
> https://youtu.be/vn-jM8tYyMA?si=56vY3MnsLNhLqpoe

That sounds pretty good. Brian, this is a video but you should be able to
understand it from the audio alone - it's from the 'warehouse fire' thread
of a few days ago.

It's a pity it speaks URLs and punctuation out character by character, but I
suppose that's something Voiceover does as standard.

> And I’m not VoiceOver user, I might need more feedbacks to make it better.
> If you or Brian don’t mind, I can send out TestFlight invitation by apple
> to test the beta version of Newsygroup.

I'm not an iOS user these days, but if he doesn't reply here you could send
Brian an email and see if he's interested in testing. I think the email on
his posts might work.

Theo

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<+vD*Zn6Jz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=123048&group=uk.d-i-y#123048

From: theom+n...@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 10 May 2024 22:12:46 +0100 (BST)
 by: Theo - Fri, 10 May 2024 21:12 UTC

Theo <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> I'm not an iOS user these days, but if he doesn't reply here you could send
> Brian an email and see if he's interested in testing. I think the email on
> his posts might work.

BTW, you could also post in uk.comp.sys.mac where there's a number of iOS
using folks who might be interested.

Theo

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<v21qa4$ooc7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=123210&group=uk.d-i-y#123210

From: L...@uk.co.uk (L)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 15 May 2024 09:04:20 +0100
References: <v131o9$kf5a$1@dont-email.me> <1946526073.736453669.136675.timdownieuk-yahoo.co.youkay@news.individual.net> <v13aks$m686$3@dont-email.me> <497830513.736456397.290836.timdownieuk-yahoo.co.youkay@news.individual.net> <v13e33$n4fe$1@dont-email.me> <910416557.736457652.041467.timdownieuk-yahoo.co.youkay@news.individual.net> <v1h0ov$7rni$1@dont-email.me> <200110844.736929014.196711.timdownieuk-yahoo.co.youkay@news.individual.net>
 by: L - Wed, 15 May 2024 08:04 UTC

Tim+ wrote:
>L <L@uk.co.uk> wrote:
>> Tim+ wrote:

>>> It’s a USENET convention to always quote text to provide context. Without
>>> obvious differentiation between quoted text and replies things could get
>>> very confusing.

>>> Fix that and then I’ll have another look. Your efforts are appreciated
>>> though as the options for accessing USENET on an iPad are currently very
>>> limited.
>>>
>>> Tim
>>>
>>> --
>>> Please don't feed the trolls
>>

>> Spent few days to work on that
>> just wanna make sure if I’m doing correctly
>> May I know if this is what you want?
>>
>> iPad: https://postimg.cc/xJrKNPw7
>>
>> iPhone: https://postimg.cc/3d9CfmG4
>>
>> Thx
>>

>Quoting sorted now thank you. I think though that one needs a view of just
>the subject lines without seeing some or any of the content of the posts.
>At present I skip over a large number of messages because the subject
>isn’t of interest. Your interface makes it very slow to scroll through all
>the posted subjects as it’s displaying to contents of each new message in
>addition to the subject line.
>
>Regards,
>
>Tim
>
>--
>Please don't feed the trolls

Actually, the preview of message function is requested by some other users.

I’ve added new option in settings menu so that you can turn off the preview.
Let’s update the app and try again

https://postimg.cc/xXKw1NPR

--
Sent by Newsygroup
Newsgroup reader for iPhone
https://apps.apple.com/app/newsygroup/id6480019265

Re: [OT] Newsgroup reader for iPhone/iPad

<v21qd6$ooc7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=123211&group=uk.d-i-y#123211

From: L...@uk.co.uk (L)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 15 May 2024 09:05:58 +0100
 by: L - Wed, 15 May 2024 08:05 UTC

Theo wrote:
>Theo <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>> I'm not an iOS user these days, but if he doesn't reply here you could send
>> Brian an email and see if he's interested in testing. I think the email on
>> his posts might work.
>
>BTW, you could also post in uk.comp.sys.mac where there's a number of iOS
>using folks who might be interested.
>
>Theo

Thanks Theo 😉

--