HOW YOU CAN TELL THAT IT'S GOING TO BE A ROTTEN DAY: #15 Your pet rock snaps at you.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)

SubjectAuthor
* Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)Kendrick Kerwin Chua
+- Re: Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)Russell Marks
+* Re: Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)Tim Miller
|`* Re: Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)Kendrick Kerwin Chua
| `- Re: Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)Tim Miller
`- Re: Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)John Dow

1
Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)

<IB6dnb9adL57f8j-nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1269&group=uk.games.video.misc#1269

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 00:57:10 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 00:57 UTC

I was going to do a back-breviation with 'Prime Minister' in there
somewhere but everybody else has made better jokes already.

Play:
--=--

Elden Ring (PS5) - Woo. Many boss type things down. A husband-and-wife
pair of spellcasters? A half dozen dragons. A thing with a lion's mane.
A lava worm. Some guy named O'neill. I like that the game has fully
realised the Dark Souls potential of opening up everything to you in the
way that you want to approach it, in that all combat styles and nearly
all exploration methods are made valid by simple virtue of geography. If
Dark Souls 3 was perhaps a bit too hardcore and challenging, this is
almost an overcorrection in the other direction without giving up what's
essential about the series. I've just hit level 50 as a spellcaster and
I've put nearly 30 hours into it since I've started.

Want:
--=--

Analogue Pocket (GB/GBC/GBA/NGP/GG/TG-16/Lynx) - Woo. Shipping today! I
also got the three cart adapters so I can play my Lynx and Turbo and Neo
Pocket games on it. This will either be the best thing ever or will be a
massive letdown if some or all of it doesn't work quite like it should.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $3,577

Analogue Pocket Cart Adapters (TG-16/Lynx/NGP) - $100

Total to date - $3,677

-KKC, who has numb fingertips from playing too much.

Re: Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)

<Mtz5L.947912$5p2.693584@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1270&group=uk.games.video.misc#1270

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 16:57:16 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 16:57 UTC

> Play:

Mineclone 2 (Linux) - a bit more randomness on this. The animal
spawning seems to get weird on higher ground for some reason - in an
area with three very tall/narrow islands, two seemingly won't ever
spawn anything (which has been handy in some ways), but the third
usually has a couple of llamas wandering around. With llamas that high
I almost wondered if it was a Jeff Minter reference. :-)

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

The lower framerate Mineclone 2 has vs. plain Minetest Game. It's
understandable, but quite noticeable.

-Rus.

Re: Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)

<tj6r9s$1or1i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1271&group=uk.games.video.misc#1271

From: new...@economic-truth.co.uk (Tim Miller)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 21:07:24 +0100
 by: Tim Miller - Mon, 24 Oct 2022 20:07 UTC

On 24 Oct 2022 00:57, Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:

> Want:
> --=--
>
> Analogue Pocket (GB/GBC/GBA/NGP/GG/TG-16/Lynx) - Woo. Shipping today! I
> also got the three cart adapters so I can play my Lynx and Turbo and Neo
> Pocket games on it. This will either be the best thing ever or will be a
> massive letdown if some or all of it doesn't work quite like it should.

I thought the cart adaptors were only going on sale on the 28th - or
did I misunderstand their messaging? Certainly you can't buy them on
the site now.

Tim (tm)

--
Blog: xexyz.blogspot.com
Site: www.economic-truth.co.uk

Re: Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)

<3NOdnc0moK2otsr-nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1272&group=uk.games.video.misc#1272

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 00:17:57 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 00:17 UTC

In article <tj6r9s$1or1i$1@dont-email.me>,
Tim Miller <news@economic-truth.co.uk> wrote:
>On 24 Oct 2022 00:57, Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:
>>

>> Want:
>> --=--
>>
>> Analogue Pocket (GB/GBC/GBA/NGP/GG/TG-16/Lynx) - Woo. Shipping today! I
>> also got the three cart adapters so I can play my Lynx and Turbo and Neo
>> Pocket games on it. This will either be the best thing ever or will be a
>> massive letdown if some or all of it doesn't work quite like it should.
>>

>I thought the cart adaptors were only going on sale on the 28th - or
>did I misunderstand their messaging? Certainly you can't buy them on
>the site now.

Preorders started on the 21st? The first batch might have run out, but
as of this posting you can still add the set of three to your cart now.
It is sort of dirty billiards that they're forcing you to buy all those
adapters in a set, when they previously implied that you could pick and
choose which ones to get. Also the Game Gear one is still being sold
separately, probably because everybody picked that up as part of their
initial orders.

There might also be a regional thing going on, but I'm not sure if
Analogue is nearly that clever.

-KKC, whose schedule is all screwed up because of too many things going on.

Re: Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)

<slrntlfkod.2a335.jmd@achilles.bio.ed.ac.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1273&group=uk.games.video.misc#1273

From: jmd...@nelefa.org (John Dow)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 12:14:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Dow - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 12:14 UTC

On 2022-10-24, Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> I was going to do a back-breviation with 'Prime Minister' in there
> somewhere but everybody else has made better jokes already.

We've got another one, y'know

> Play:
> --=--

Monster Hunter World (PS4). So I came to the conclusion that I needed
a break from Monster Hunter Rise on PC so I thought I'd have a go of
the arcade version. It's not bad, if you ignore the "easy mode"
Guardian Gear that it tries to nudger you towards (which basically
gives you mid-high rank gear out of the gate). As I'm playing primarily
as a light bowgunner in Rise I thought I'd give the hammer a go in
World. Last time I played was pre-Iceborne, so it's nice to see some
of the additions.

> Want:
> --=--

I kinda want No Man's Sky on Switch, as the reviews seem to be really
positive. I won't play it, though, which is why I haven't bought it.

> Bin:
> -==-

Turning the PS4 on after a year or three and sitting watching All The
Things Update.

> Expenditure:
> -----=-----

Not doing it

John Dow <jmd@nelefa.org.invalid>
... Blog & Game Diary : http://www.nelefa.org
/|\ Constructed using SLRN and Vi.
/ | \ Zomoniac is Wrong. Fact.

Re: Play Want Bin Your Government (PWBE 24 Oct 2022)

<tj8u1n$21nup$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1274&group=uk.games.video.misc#1274

From: new...@economic-truth.co.uk (Tim Miller)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 16:06:33 +0100
 by: Tim Miller - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 15:06 UTC

On 25 Oct 2022 00:17, Kendrick Kerwin Chua wrote:

> Preorders started on the 21st? The first batch might have run out, but
> as of this posting you can still add the set of three to your cart now.
> It is sort of dirty billiards that they're forcing you to buy all those
> adapters in a set, when they previously implied that you could pick and
> choose which ones to get. Also the Game Gear one is still being sold
> separately, probably because everybody picked that up as part of their
> initial orders.

I see the issue. You can't order, say, the Game Gear adaptor at the
same time as the other three, since once is an active order and the
other is a pre-order.

Now I am just trying to work out if I really need to buy stuff while
it's available, or if I will be happy with my RetroPi setup instead.

Tim (tm)