Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Fair Warning Play Want Bin (PWBE 2 Jan 2024)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2024 09:55:27 +0000
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 09:55 UTC

Well this new year is off to a cracking global start, isn't it?

Play:
--=--

Lode Runner Legacy (NSW) - This is much nicer than I'd anticipated. I
originally skipped the console versions on the strength of being able to
try to Steam release for cheap, before I understood that the Steam
release was broken. I played through the weird Challenge mode just
enough to unlock the classic Doug Smith levels, wot I will exclusively
play from this point forward.

Playstation Portal (PS5) - It's... nice? It's an excellent screen
married to a nice compact controller interface. But I'd have never
bought one for myself. It's sort of absurd to me that this thing is in
such high demand, as you can barely do anything with it apart from
remote controlling a PS5 for a subset of its functions. I'm sure that
the thought is that this thing will be hacked eventually and then people
will be able to use it to toast bread or something.

Want:
--=--

Disney Universe (360) - My Gamepass runs out in three weeks, which means
that the free crap games that my kid likes to play are also going away.
So there's a mad dash to get some equivalents on forward-compatible
traditional media. Hopefully he likes this.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing gaming-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

2023 total - $6,541

-KKC, who is sore after a day of gardening.

Re: Fair Warning Play Want Bin (PWBE 2 Jan 2024)

<sz0lN.1136685$8ND8.130281@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1686&group=uk.games.video.misc#1686

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Fair Warning Play Want Bin (PWBE 2 Jan 2024)
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2024 22:59:36 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 22:59 UTC

> Play:

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - just a bit of this, surprisingly. Well. Maybe
not very surprisingly.

> Playstation Portal (PS5) - It's... nice? It's an excellent screen
> married to a nice compact controller interface. But I'd have never
> bought one for myself. It's sort of absurd to me that this thing is in
> such high demand, as you can barely do anything with it apart from
> remote controlling a PS5 for a subset of its functions.

Presumably it works at least as well as the Vita did with the PS4
though, and even that wasn't too bad. I just imagine that e.g.
Nintendo and Valve must be stifling a collective chuckle that this is
as far as current Sony wanted to risk going with something like this.
I can't really say I blame them though.

> Want:

To look through the games on sale.

> Bin:

The above likely requiring a spare lifetime or two, so I'll probably
be braving an advert-heavy website (if that's not a tautology at this
point) listing deals in Metacritic order to see if anything appeals.

-Rus.

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Fair Warning Play Want Bin (PWBE 2 Jan 2024)