A mind is a wonderful thing to waste.

aus+uk / aus.computers / Re: Seeking a special keyboard.

SubjectAuthor
* Seeking a special keyboard.Peter Jason
+* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Rod Speed
|+* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Peter Jason
||`- Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Rod Speed
|`* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Peter Jason
| `- Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Rod Speed
+* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Xeno
|`- Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Peter Jason
+- Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Gary R. Schmidt
`* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Petzl
 `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Peter Jason
  `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Petzl
   `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Rod Speed
    `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Petzl
     `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Rod Speed
      `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Petzl
       `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Rod Speed
        `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Petzl
         `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Rod Speed
          `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Rod Speed
           `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Petzl
            `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Rod Speed
             `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Petzl
              `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Rod Speed
               `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Petzl
                `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Rod Speed
                 `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Petzl
                  +* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Rod Speed
                  |`- Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Petzl
                  `* Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Max
                   `- Re: Seeking a special keyboard.Petzl

Pages:12
Re: Seeking a special keyboard.

<op.1y8hm6btbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3546&group=aus.computers#3546

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Subject: Re: Seeking a special keyboard.
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 04:02:56 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 17:02 UTC

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 16:46:58 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 16:25:34 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:01:45 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Well I only wanted it for it's lit keyboard;
>>
>> But had a problem with the key lock with your fat fingers.

> Old age has some fingers bent but can be fixed with surgery

Bullet in the back of the neck works a lot better and is much cheaper.

>> If you had installed the ute, you could have disabled it that way.

> Long time now but I always download the manufacturers software

Then your eyes must be so fucked that you didnt even notice
the popups on the screen when your fat fingers pressed the
caps lock or even notice how to disable the caps lock.

> Just did this now have disabled the colour changing RGB and set it
> permanently on (light bright blue).

It should be set to bright red given that yours is a red light area.

> It does other stuff like record games, not that I need this but it
> video recorded Solitaire and a chess game, will disable it shortly,
> don't need it, just like the lit up keyboard.

I mainly got mine for the double shot injection keytops
that never see the letters wear off. The backlight is handy
to because it normally sits under the second monitor which
is mainly used to stream videos to instead of a TV and it can
be a bit dark down there so handy for the occasional typing
of a quick google search instead of putting the keyboard on
my lap while sitting in the deep armchair with my feet up
which is what I do when typing bulk text for posts and my
notes etc.

Re: Seeking a special keyboard.

<otrtshd3dpt3246cjftndl3u8kuqg8s26e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3549&group=aus.computers#3549

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 08:06:00 +1100
References: <440kshlumf6er9i3i1rga0v4gm1objim4c@4ax.com> <op.1y1yj4qbbyq249@pvr2.lan> <u6aksh94kkuonu0uedogv6s9oalof16ajh@4ax.com> <op.1y2wtep6byq249@pvr2.lan> <ff2mshd7doub8ft80herhe11rklllgap79@4ax.com> <op.1y3lkep3byq249@pvr2.lan> <op.1y6yp5qbbyq249@pvr2.lan> <b4rrshhhbql1a79cn0iqvqsoqem98mi05o@4ax.com> <op.1y7csdosbyq249@pvr2.lan> <m7trshdd6prmv74974fkent63aaga39gdu@4ax.com> <op.1y7lcwldbyq249@pvr2.lan> <h87sshhoprglgoe9fpgsptht16j3ru8epa@4ax.com> <op.1y8hm6btbyq249@pvr2.lan>
 by: Petzl - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 21:06 UTC

On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 04:02:56 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 16:46:58 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 16:25:34 +1100, "Rod Speed"
>> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> But had a problem with the key lock with your fat fingers.
>
>> Old age has some fingers bent but can be fixed with surgery
>
>Bullet in the back of the neck works a lot better and is much cheaper.

Fully insured. so insurance will pay for it all, just doesn't affect
me enough to have it done.

>>> If you had installed the ute, you could have disabled it that way.
>
>> Long time now but I always download the manufacturers software
>
>Then your eyes must be so fucked that you didnt even notice
>the popups on the screen when your fat fingers pressed the
>caps lock or even notice how to disable the caps lock.

Never got pop-ups, but the logitech wireless seemed prone for
caps-lock to engage, disabled caps-lock permanently.

>> Just did this now have disabled the colour changing RGB and set it
>> permanently on (light bright blue).
>
>It should be set to bright red given that yours is a red light area.

Blue suits me fine, seems the best colour that visibly stands out.

>> It does other stuff like record games, not that I need this but it
>> video recorded Solitaire and a chess game, will disable it shortly,
>> don't need it, just like the lit up keyboard.
>
>I mainly got mine for the double shot injection keytops
>that never see the letters wear off. The backlight is handy
>to because it normally sits under the second monitor which
>is mainly used to stream videos to instead of a TV and it can
>be a bit dark down there so handy for the occasional typing
>of a quick google search instead of putting the keyboard on
>my lap while sitting in the deep armchair with my feet up
>which is what I do when typing bulk text for posts and my
>notes etc.

My 60 inch TV I have on a shelf near the roof, my 24 inch "all in one"
touch screen computer, is in front of me below my view of TV which I
rarely watch, when I do it's mainly channel seven news, then off.

My TV allows me to stream from most countries in the world, mainly
watch American TV right now the Chinese Spy Joe Biden, is trying to
hide the fact that he has now been caught selling top secret
classified secrets to China,
I think it's funny to watch him lie and squirm which he does badly.
No mention yet that Joe Biden, Obama and their weaponized fed's are
Chinese spy ring installed to bring about America's destruction, being
paid billions to do it.
Won't be surprised when the Labor party hierarchy are possibly found
to be spies working for China also!
Happened with Gough Whitlam, Albanese is a great follower of Whitlam's
practices.
--
Petzl
<https://consortiumnews.com/2022/11/14/the-queens-coup/>

The entire Parliament was sacked,for treason under Whitlam
Constitutionally Parties are not recognised. So when a Government was
found to be removing ties to USA and Britain's orbit moving towards
that of the Communist and Third World powers, with strong support for
the "Arab lobby", Britain and USA would of found that treachery.

Arab financiers offered lower interest rates on governmental loans
than US banks/financiers. The Middle East at the time was awash with
"petro-dollars", as the price of oil quadrupled between 1973 and 1974.
Whitlam allowed Saudi Arabs to build a Mosque in Sydney/Lakemba.
Whitlam was a immoral communist working to remove ties to USA and
Britain's orbit moving towards that of the Communist and Third World
powers, with strong support for the "Arab lobby".
https://is.gd/IzhkxL

Whitlam did not want anti-communists to settle in Australia,
irrespective of whether they were genuine asylum seekers. Here his
stance differed from the position he took following the overthrow of
Salvador Allende's left-wing government in Chile in 1973.

Whitlam said on the ABC that Australia did not want “another
­reactionary right-wing minority”. Foreign minister Don Willesee
pleaded with him to take more. Whitlam replied: “I’m not having those
f..king Vietnamese Balts coming into this country with their religious
and political prejudices against us.”

Whitlam opposed the entry of Vietnamese refugees, saying they stirred
no sympathy in him. He added: “There will be some resentment about the
people coming to Australia at a time of unemployment, and also people
from a very different way of life.”

In other words, Whitlam consciously stirred up ethnic and racial
prejudice against Vietnamese ­because he thought they might be
politically hostile to Labor.

Re: Seeking a special keyboard.

<op.1y8xuaswbyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3551&group=aus.computers#3551

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 09:52:48 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 22:52 UTC

On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 08:06:00 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 04:02:56 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 16:46:58 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Old age has some fingers bent but can be fixed with surgery
>>
>> Bullet in the back of the neck works a lot better and is much cheaper.
>>
> Fully insured. so insurance will pay for it all,

My BiL and my mate were fully insured too but the insurance
didnt pay for all their cataract costs.

> just doesn't affect
> me enough to have it done.

Yeah, the little finger on my right hand can't be full straightened
anymore. Most likely I stuffed it when I fell over and landed on it
one time. Entirely cosmetic and doesnt affect anything.

>>> Long time now but I always download the manufacturers software
>>
>> Then your eyes must be so fucked that you didnt even notice
>> the popups on the screen when your fat fingers pressed the
>> caps lock or even notice how to disable the caps lock.

> Never got pop-ups, but the logitech wireless seemed prone for
> caps-lock to engage,

Don't believe that. Mine never did.

> disabled caps-lock permanently.

>>> Just did this now have disabled the colour changing RGB and set it
>>> permanently on (light bright blue).
>>
>> It should be set to bright red given that yours is a red light area.
>>
> Blue suits me fine, seems the best colour that visibly stands out.

That was a joke, Joyce.

>>> It does other stuff like record games, not that I need this but it
>>> video recorded Solitaire and a chess game, will disable it shortly,
>>> don't need it, just like the lit up keyboard.
>>
>> I mainly got mine for the double shot injection keytops
>> that never see the letters wear off. The backlight is handy
>> to because it normally sits under the second monitor which
>> is mainly used to stream videos to instead of a TV and it can
>> be a bit dark down there so handy for the occasional typing
>> of a quick google search instead of putting the keyboard on
>> my lap while sitting in the deep armchair with my feet up
>> which is what I do when typing bulk text for posts and my
>> notes etc.
>>
> My 60 inch TV I have on a shelf near the roof, my 24 inch "all in one"
> touch screen computer, is in front of me below my view of TV which I
> rarely watch, when I do it's mainly channel seven news, then off.
>
> My TV allows me to stream from most countries in the world, mainly
> watch American TV right now the Chinese Spy Joe Biden, is trying to
> hide the fact that he has now been caught selling top secret
> classified secrets to China,

You are completely off with the fucking fairys, as always.

> I think it's funny to watch him lie and squirm which he does badly.
> No mention yet that Joe Biden, Obama and their weaponized fed's are
> Chinese spy ring installed to bring about America's destruction, being
> paid billions to do it.

Ditto.

> Won't be surprised when the Labor party hierarchy are possibly found
> to be spies working for China also!
> Happened with Gough Whitlam,

BULLSHIT. He just didnt see any point in pretending Mao
didn't exist and Nixon felt the same way just a little later.

> Albanese is a great follower of Whitlam's
> practices.

BULLSHIT.

Re: Seeking a special keyboard.

<tqn67n$ugk$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3553&group=aus.computers#3553

From: max...@invalid.address (Max)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 10:45:59 +1100
 by: Max - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 23:45 UTC

On 24/01/2023 8:06 am, Petzl wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 04:02:56 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 16:46:58 +1100, Petzl <petzlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Old age has some fingers bent but can be fixed with surgery
>>
>> Bullet in the back of the neck works a lot better and is much cheaper.
>>
> Fully insured. so insurance will pay for it all, just doesn't affect
> me enough to have it done.

>>> Long time now but I always download the manufacturers software
>>
>> Then your eyes must be so fucked that you didnt even notice
>> the popups on the screen when your fat fingers pressed the
>> caps lock or even notice how to disable the caps lock.
>>
> Never got pop-ups, but the logitech wireless seemed prone for
> caps-lock to engage, disabled caps-lock permanently.
>>
>>> Just did this now have disabled the colour changing RGB and set it
>>> permanently on (light bright blue).
>>
>> It should be set to bright red given that yours is a red light area.
>>
> Blue suits me fine, seems the best colour that visibly stands out.
>>
>>> It does other stuff like record games, not that I need this but it
>>> video recorded Solitaire and a chess game, will disable it shortly,
>>> don't need it, just like the lit up keyboard.
>>
>> I mainly got mine for the double shot injection keytops
>> that never see the letters wear off. The backlight is handy
>> to because it normally sits under the second monitor which
>> is mainly used to stream videos to instead of a TV and it can
>> be a bit dark down there so handy for the occasional typing
>> of a quick google search instead of putting the keyboard on
>> my lap while sitting in the deep armchair with my feet up
>> which is what I do when typing bulk text for posts and my
>> notes etc.
>>
> My 60 inch TV I have on a shelf near the roof, my 24 inch "all in one"
> touch screen computer, is in front of me below my view of TV which I
> rarely watch, when I do it's mainly channel seven news, then off.
>
> My TV allows me to stream from most countries in the world, mainly
> watch American TV

Do you get actual American TV channels?

right now the Chinese Spy Joe Biden, is trying to
> hide the fact that he has now been caught selling top secret
> classified secrets to China,
> I think it's funny to watch him lie and squirm which he does badly.
> No mention yet that Joe Biden, Obama and their weaponized fed's are
> Chinese spy ring installed to bring about America's destruction, being
> paid billions to do it.
> Won't be surprised when the Labor party hierarchy are possibly found
> to be spies working for China also!
> Happened with Gough Whitlam, Albanese is a great follower of Whitlam's
> practices.

Re: Seeking a special keyboard.

<6j6ushpqgrn4ebv89rev2jp43dceh183lq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3554&group=aus.computers#3554

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 10:52:17 +1100
References: <u6aksh94kkuonu0uedogv6s9oalof16ajh@4ax.com> <op.1y2wtep6byq249@pvr2.lan> <ff2mshd7doub8ft80herhe11rklllgap79@4ax.com> <op.1y3lkep3byq249@pvr2.lan> <op.1y6yp5qbbyq249@pvr2.lan> <b4rrshhhbql1a79cn0iqvqsoqem98mi05o@4ax.com> <op.1y7csdosbyq249@pvr2.lan> <m7trshdd6prmv74974fkent63aaga39gdu@4ax.com> <op.1y7lcwldbyq249@pvr2.lan> <h87sshhoprglgoe9fpgsptht16j3ru8epa@4ax.com> <op.1y8hm6btbyq249@pvr2.lan> <otrtshd3dpt3246cjftndl3u8kuqg8s26e@4ax.com> <op.1y8xuaswbyq249@pvr2.lan>
 by: Petzl - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 23:52 UTC

On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 09:52:48 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Fully insured. so insurance will pay for it all,
>
>My BiL and my mate were fully insured too but the insurance
>didnt pay for all their cataract costs.

Couple of years ago had mine done at Macquarie university hospital'
Teachers Health fund got everything back in drips and drabs, main form
to get was from the specialist and send it to Medicare who refunded
the most, the rest was paid by fund.

>> just doesn't affect
>> me enough to have it done.
>
>Yeah, the little finger on my right hand can't be full straightened
>anymore. Most likely I stuffed it when I fell over and landed on it
>one time. Entirely cosmetic and doesnt affect anything.

Same here but doctor claims you go to hand specialist, they will book
you in for surgery to cut the palm of your hand (something like that).
Then takes about a week (no number 3's with that hand)
--
Petzl
Good lawyers know the law

Re: Seeking a special keyboard.

<r4aushd9kclone8svhg14juntaq5hi2nkr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=3556&group=aus.computers#3556

From: pet...@gmail.com (Petzl)
Newsgroups: aus.computers
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 11:44:48 +1100
References: <u6aksh94kkuonu0uedogv6s9oalof16ajh@4ax.com> <op.1y2wtep6byq249@pvr2.lan> <ff2mshd7doub8ft80herhe11rklllgap79@4ax.com> <op.1y3lkep3byq249@pvr2.lan> <op.1y6yp5qbbyq249@pvr2.lan> <b4rrshhhbql1a79cn0iqvqsoqem98mi05o@4ax.com> <op.1y7csdosbyq249@pvr2.lan> <m7trshdd6prmv74974fkent63aaga39gdu@4ax.com> <op.1y7lcwldbyq249@pvr2.lan> <h87sshhoprglgoe9fpgsptht16j3ru8epa@4ax.com> <op.1y8hm6btbyq249@pvr2.lan> <otrtshd3dpt3246cjftndl3u8kuqg8s26e@4ax.com> <tqn67n$ugk$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Petzl - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 00:44 UTC

On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 10:45:59 +1100, Max <max@invalid.address> wrote:

>> My TV allows me to stream from most countries in the world, mainly
>> watch American TV
>
>Do you get actual American TV channels?

A lot of countries actually
Yes but you need good Internet connection.
Suggest you first try 2 day trail, they have off days
https://www.worldtvnow.com/collections/frontpage