From: Gor...@leaf.net.nz (Gordon)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Subject: Covid after affects
Date: 16 Apr 2024 23:13:21 GMT
 by: Gordon - Tue, 16 Apr 2024 23:13 UTC

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350247312/mps-turn-private-security-companies-disturbing-abuse-ramps

In a democratic country the MP's need to be respected, even if one disagrees
with their views.

MP's should not have to worry about personal safety in the job.

This is an interesting point

"Lead author Professor Susanna Every-Palmer, from Otago University,
said the intensity of abuse increased hugely during the heights of
the Covid-19 pandemic, and had not fallen away."

The Covid narrative has gotten people angry and they are still angry and
have not gotten over it. So that looks like another one of Labour's
failures.

It might also explain, in part, why we are seening stabbings, etc on an
increasing basis.

Re: Covid after affects

<661f4f05.618060468@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6252&group=nz.general#6252

From: wn...@nosuch.com (Willy Nilly)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Subject: Re: Covid after affects
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 04:30:01 GMT
 by: Willy Nilly - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 04:30 UTC

On 16 Apr 2024 23:13:21 GMT, Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:
>https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350247312/mps-turn-private-security-companies-disturbing-abuse-ramps
>"Lead author Professor Susanna Every-Palmer, from Otago University,
>said the intensity of abuse increased hugely during the heights of
>the Covid-19 pandemic, and had not fallen away."
>
>The Covid narrative has gotten people angry and they are still angry and
>have not gotten over it. So that looks like another one of Labour's
>failures.

Well, as I said at the very start of the 1st lockdown: "They are
placing the people under house arrest! The people!"

Does "Professor Susanna Every-Palmer" not think that would rightfully
agitate a few people, or maybe all of them? And does she not think
that the ensuing loss of trust in our institutions would cause people
to be less respectful toward them?

Re: Covid after affects

<20240417100323.7b81b83e@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6260&group=nz.general#6260

From: suc...@ra.mentos (Lil-man-ball)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:03:23 -0600
 by: Lil-man-ball - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:03 UTC

On 16 Apr 2024 23:13:21 GMT
Gordon <Gordon@leaf.net.nz> wrote:

> The Covid narrative has gotten people angry and they are still angry
> and have not gotten over it. So that looks like another one of
> Labour's failures.

Now it's time for some gothic recompense for the plebes!

Re: Covid after affects

<20240417100414.3a5f0725@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=6261&group=nz.general#6261

From: suc...@ra.mentos (Lil-man-ball)
Newsgroups: nz.general
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:04:14 -0600
 by: Lil-man-ball - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:04 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 04:30:01 GMT
wn@nosuch.com (Willy Nilly) wrote:

> Does "Professor Susanna Every-Palmer" not think that would rightfully
> agitate a few people, or maybe all of them? And does she not think
> that the ensuing loss of trust in our institutions would cause people
> to be less respectful toward them?

Does she have 24/7 armed security in place?

aus+uk / nz.general / Re: Covid after affects