From: michaelm...@outlook.com (Michael Christ)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife,alt.religion.christian.catholic,alt.atheism,soc.culture.israel,alt.bible
Subject: Re: Mark 10: The Journey to True Greatness
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 09:38:41 +1100
 by: Michael Christ - Wed, 3 Apr 2024 22:38 UTC

On 4/04/2024 9:28 am, ChristRose wrote:
> [...]
> day.
>
> 2. Blessing the Children (Mark 10:13-16)
>
> Jesus welcomes little children,
> illustrating the necessity of receiving
> the kingdom of God with childlike faith
> and humility. This section contrasts the
> disciples' misunderstanding of greatness
> with the simplicity and openness of a
> child's faith.
>
> 3. The Rich Young Man (Mark 10:17-22)
>
> A wealthy young ruler approaches Jesus,
> seeking eternal life but walks away
> sorrowful when challenged to sell all he
> has and follow Jesus. This encounter
> highlights the cost of discipleship and
> the danger of allowing wealth to become
> an idol.
>
> 4. Jesus Teaches on Wealth and Reward
> (Mark 10:23-31)
>
> Following the departure of the rich
> young man, Jesus teaches on the
> difficulty for the wealthy to enter
> God’s kingdom and promises rewards for
> those who sacrifice for His sake. This
> teaches the disciples about the values
> of the kingdom of God, contrasting
> worldly wealth with eternal rewards.
>
> 5. The Third Prediction of Jesus' Death
> and Resurrection (Mark 10:32-34)
>
> Jesus predicts His death and
> resurrection for the third time,
> detailing the sufferings He would
> endure. This foretelling emphasizes
> Jesus' role as the suffering servant who
> would ransom many.
>
> 6. The Request of James and John (Mark
> 10:35-45)
>
> James and John request positions of
> honor in Jesus' glory, prompting Jesus
> to teach about true greatness being
> found in servanthood and sacrifice. He
> models this by pointing to His own life
> as a ransom for many.
>
> 7. The Healing of Blind Bartimaeus (Mark
> 10:46-52)
>
> The chapter concludes with Jesus healing
> Bartimaeus, a blind man whose faith and
> persistence lead to his physical and
> spiritual restoration. This miracle
> serves as a practical illustration of
> Jesus' ministry to restore and heal.
>
> Attitudes to Possess
>
> 1. Humility - Embracing the kingdom with
> childlike faith and humility,
> recognizing our dependence on God.
>
> 2. Sacrificial love - Willingness to
> serve and sacrifice for others,
> following Jesus' example.
>
> 3. Eternal perspective - Valuing eternal
> rewards over worldly wealth and status.
>
> Actions to Take
>
> 1. Embrace marriage as a lifelong
> commitment - Upholding the sanctity of
> marriage according to God's design.
>
> 2. Serve others - Seeking greatness
> through service and sacrifice, in
> imitation of Christ.
>
> 3. Follow Jesus fully - Being willing to
> forsake all for the sake of Christ and
> His kingdom.
>
> Word of Exhortation for the Believer
>
> Let us be encouraged to live out the
> radical kingdom values Jesus presents in
> Mark 10. Let's approach God with the
> humility of a child, serve one another
> in love, and hold loosely to the things
> of this world, knowing our true treasure

And there it is yet again...

You see how these sinner religionists are always talking about their
bible theology; talkers not doers, or as I call them, shouldas...

(KJV)
Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine
eye seeth thee.
Job 42:6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

(KJV)
Luke 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever
will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

And no matter how many times you tell them theology can't save them,
they just carry on in their way.

Why? Why do they do it?

It is an attempt to create a sanctuary for not losing their life (sin).

Michael Christ

--
God is God in all His Being.

Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord. John
10:30  I and Father are one. If you can't see that the Lord Jesus is the
everlasting Father you are not born again and can't see the Kingdom of God.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt
are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that
hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance (voice, the Person) of
God. When you find Him you have found the author."

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul, and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
sin is not what you do; it is what you are."

"Compromise will condemn you."

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life."

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

Click here to read the complete article

interests / alt.bible / Re: Mark 10: The Journey to True Greatness