From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet,alt.messianic,alt.bible,alt.religion.christian.biblestudy,alt.religion.christian
Subject: Day 98 of My 4th Bible Study Journey
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:57:32 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 7 Apr 2024 18:57 UTC

Day 98, 7 April 2024

Today at <a href="https://www.calvarycommunity.ca">
Calvary Community Church </a>, Pastor Barry Regier spoke on
On Mission with the Rusen Christ

JOb 1:6-8

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves
before the Lord, and the Adversary also came among them. 7 And the Lord
said to the Adversary, "From where have you come?" Then the Adversary
answered the Lord, saying, "From roaming on the earth, and from walking up
and down on it."
8 And the Lord said to the Adversary, "Have you considered My servant Job,
that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and an upright man,
who fears God, and avoids evil?"

[6] Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves
before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
[7] And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered
the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up
and down in it.
[8] And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that
there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that
feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Ephesians 5:8-10

8 (Lk 16:8; Jn 12:36) For you were formerly darkness,
but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light-
9 (Ro 15:14) for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness
and righteousness and truth-
10 (1Th 5:21) proving what is pleasing to the Lord.

[8] For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk
as children of light:
[9] (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and
truth;)
[10] Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.

Matthew 28:19-20

19 (Mk 16:15-16; Ac 1:8) Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father
and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20 (Mt 18:20; Ac 2:42) teaching them to observe all things I have commanded
you. And remember, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

[19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of
the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
[20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Acts 1:8

8 (Mt 28:19; Mk 16:15) But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit
comes upon you. And you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem,
and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

[8] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon
you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all
Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Through Philip's example we learn to

A) Follow God's leading Acts 8:26

Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch

26 (Ac 5:19; 27:23; 12:23) Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip,
"Rise up and go toward the south on the way that goes down from Jerusalem
to Gaza." This is desert.

[26] And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go
toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza,
which is desert.

B) Make ourselves Available Acts 8:27-29

27 (Ps 68:31; 87:4) So he rose up and went. And there was a man of Ethiopia,
a eunuch of great authority under Candace, queen of the Ethiopians,
who was in command of her entire treasury.
He had come to Jerusalem to worship.
28 He was returning, sitting in his chariot
and reading the book of Isaiah the prophet.
29 (Ac 10:19; 11:12) The Spirit said to Philip,
"Go to this chariot and stay with it."

[27] And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of
great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of
all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
[28] Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
[29] Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this
chariot.

C) Take initiative Acts 8:30

30 Then Philip ran to him, and heard him read the book of Isaiah the prophet,
and said, "Do you understand what you are reading?"

[30] And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias,
and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

D) Be tactful 1 Peter 3:15-16 Acts 8:30-31

15 (Col 4:6; Isa 29:23) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts.
Always be ready to give an answer to every man who asks you for
a reason for the hope that is in you, with
gentleness and fear.
16 (Heb 13:18; 1Pe 2:12) Have a good conscience so that evildoers who speak
evil of you and falsely accuse your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.

[15] But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give
an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you
with meekness and fear:
[16] Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of
evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in
Christ.

30 Then Philip ran to him, and heard him read the book of Isaiah the prophet,
and said, "Do you understand what you are reading?"

[30] And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias,
and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 (Ro 10:14) He said, "How can I, unless someone guides me?"
So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

[31] And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired
Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

E) Be prepared

32 (Isa 53:7-8) The passage of Scripture which he was reading was this:
"He was led as a sheep to slaughter;
and as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
so He opened not His mouth.
33 (Isa 53:8; 53:12) In His humiliation justice was denied Him;
who will speak of His generation?
For His life is taken from the earth."
34 The eunuch said to Philip, "I ask you, of whom does the prophet speak,
of himself or of someone else?"
35 (Lk 24:27; Ac 18:28) Then Philip spoke, beginning with the same Scripture,
and preached Jesus to him.

[32] The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a
sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened
he not his mouth:
[33] In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare
his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
[34] And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh
the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
[35] Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and
preached unto him Jesus.

36 (Ac 10:47) As they went on their way, they came to some water.
And the eunuch said, "Look, here is water.
What hinders me from being baptised?"
37 Philip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may." He answered,
"I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."
38 And he commanded the chariot to halt. Then both Philip and the eunuch went
down into the water, and he baptized him.
39 (1Ki 18:12; 2Ki 2:16) When they came up out of the water,
the Spirit of the Lord took Philip away. And the eunuch saw him no more,
and he went his way rejoicing.
40 (Ac 10:1; 21:8) But Philip was found at Azotus. And passing through,
he preached the gospel in all the cities until he came to Caesarea.

[36] And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the
eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
[37] And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest.
And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
[38] And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both
into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
[39] And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord
caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way
rejoicing.
[40] But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing through he preached in all
the cities, till he came to Caesarea.

The Romans Road to Sharing Jesus

i) Romans 3:23

23 (Ro 3:9) For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,

[23] For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

ii) Romans 6:23

23 (Ro 5:12; Ge 2:17; Ro 2:7) For the wages of sin is death,
but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

[23] For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord.

iii) Romans 5:8

8 (Jn 15:13; 1Pe 3:18) But God demonstrates His own love toward us,
in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

[8] But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet
sinners, Christ died for us.

iv) Romans 10:9-10

9 (Lk 12:8; Php 2:11) that if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord,
and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead,
you will be saved,
10 for with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth
confession is made unto salvation.

[9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt
believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be
saved.
[10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth
confession is made unto salvation.

Click here to read the complete article

interests / alt.bible / Day 98 of My 4th Bible Study Journey