From: rob...@no.way (Robert)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife, alt.bible, alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox, alt.bible.prophecy
Subject: Renewing of the Mind
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 11:17:20 -0800
 by: Robert - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 19:17 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36yahYHmd8E&list=WL&index=1

Renewing of your mind.
An understanding by,...

Pastor Duane Sheriff

Re: Renewing of the Mind

<use1go$1g9e6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12469&group=alt.bible.prophecy#12469

From: michaelm...@outlook.com (Michael Christ)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife,alt.bible,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox,alt.bible.prophecy
Subject: Re: Renewing of the Mind
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 14:43:20 +1100
 by: Michael Christ - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 03:43 UTC

On 8/03/2024 6:17 am, Robert wrote:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36yahYHmd8E&list=WL&index=1
>
> Renewing of your mind.
> An understanding by,...
>
> Pastor Duane Sheriff

Renewing your mind is not of the flesh, of your effort!

Duaney Poo is getting older.

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."

Super SinnerRose needs to understand that too!

Michael Christ

--
God is God

Jesus is the everlasting Father, Jesus is God, Jesus is the Lord. John
10:30  I and Father are one. If you can't see that the Lord Jesus is the
everlasting Father you are not born again and can't see the Kingdom of God.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
YET sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 10:23 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it
is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Psalms 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt
are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that
hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.

"To seek your own will is to seek your own glory."

"If God is not first in everything He is not first in anything."

"What makes the bible the truth? The resonance of God."

"All men were born sinners. Why? Because all men were born not loving
God with all their heart, soul, and mind. An abomination. Therefore,
sin is not what you do; it is what you are."

"Compromise will condemn you."

"There are no sinners in Christ Jesus."

"My sons are born of Me. In them is no darkness at all."

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"The way of truth is the testimony of life."

"I merely speak the truth, what is revealed to me, and the cards fall
where God intends."

"Nothing that is produced is produced without first being faith."

"You can only find proof of God through faith because that is how we all
live, by faith."

"It is not what you do that matters, it is how you treat Me."

"Keep going forward. Forget about the past. Lift up your head, look
ahead."

"You cannot be free and free indeed with guilt in your heart."

"Priority is everything."

"The truth doesn't need evidence, it is evidence."

"There is no greater possession a man has than his own will, to squander
it or to place it where it truly belongs."

"An atheist is a fool who thinks truth is found in living a lie."

"Saying "prove it" [as a foundation] is merely an ignorant straw man, to
an ignorant straw man."

"Wait, rest, be still, and know."

"No man can wash his own hands!!!"

"I find this in the Christianity religions: 'Nobody's perfect' they say,
and they use that as an excuse not to do what is perfect."

The Atheist: "They don't believe and put their faith in a Creator (the
obvious). So no evidence and proof is to be found!!"

"The world is the way it is because God can't compromise who He is."

"Man is not the centre of being."

"Man is incompatible with the natural world because of his sinful nature."

"And then the Lord said, "I see everything."

"Man has no greater idol than his own will."

"Where is God hiding? He isn't."

"If you don't keep all the scriptures, you can't keep any of them."

"You can't prove anything because everything depends on a person's
willingness to believe."

"Atheists are ultimately trying to be pointlessness, meaninglessness,
and purposelessness in their point, meaning, and purpose."

"The last day of creation will be the last day of time. God is always
full of hope."

"The veil of the temple was rent in twain, not to have a book pass
through it so that a sinner could play God."

"A phylactery does not a heart for God make. Not back then, and not today."

"No one in heaven is better (or higher) than what makes it heaven. Such
is the love of God."

"The definition of an atheist: A man full of bluster and bullshit
pretending he is the meaning of life."

"Free will is not power; it is the choice that I allow; that choice is
still according to my power," says the Lord.

What does a fool do? A fool looks for a "nothing" in a "something" in
order to explain the existence of existence.

"Unless you do all because He is who He is, all your religion is in vain."

"Every man is subject to God; He judges every man, and He is reality.
 What a gift in a fallen world!"

"Love MUST be a choice or it is nothing but a law!"

"Why were all men born sinners? So that God could reveal Himself, so
that we would behold the glory of God, and that we should bring forth
the glory of God"

"God does not and will not arbitrate for any man to love Him! If God
isn't everything to you, He is nothing to you where the rubber meets the
road."

"It is the unforgivable sin not to love God with all your heart, soul,
and mind. What do you have that is lasting? It is not so much being
punished; it is what you are left with."

"Love isn't worth anything without first a free will choice for God to
birth it in a man."

"The point of salvation: desperation. Anything less than that is
self-righteousness."

"A sinner is not a believer in God; a sinner is a believer in sin."

"A piece of dirt is not the promised land; that is only a reflection.
The promised land is knowing Me, says the Lord."

"It is all about God or it is all about idolatry."

"The Lord Jesus is coming soon. He has always come soon."

"There is no revolving door of self-worship in a son of God's life!"

"There is no such thing as random!"

"You can't truly love without it being with all your heart."

"No one can see God without their whole heart. Unless you can see God,
you know nothing."

"You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."

"No sinner is sinless in any way."

"Only God is life; only the Kingdom of God of His "Nature" is life."

"What you believe is just a leaning on your own understanding; faith is
a leaning on the one you have chosen to trust."

Re: Renewing of the Mind

<0001HW.2B9ACBE600267297309AA938F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12470&group=alt.bible.prophecy#12470

From: rob...@no.way (Robert)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife, alt.bible, alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox, alt.bible.prophecy
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 20:30:30 -0800
 by: Robert - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 04:30 UTC

On Mar 7, 2024, Michael Christ wrote
(in article <use1go$1g9e6$1@dont-email.me>):

> On 8/03/2024 6:17 am, Robert wrote:
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36yahYHmd8E&list=WL&index=1
> >
> > Renewing of your mind.
> > An understanding by,...
> >
> > Pastor Duane Sheriff
>
> Renewing your mind is not of the flesh, of your effort!
>
> Duaney Poo is getting older.
>
> "You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
> know that?"
>
> "You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."

You should have watched the whole thing, and listened, instead you
manufactured gossip.

Yes, like you he is aging. Unlike you he died, and then returned to this
life.

> Super SinnerRose needs to understand that too!

I’ll let rose speak for itself. THX, I was wondering how to address the
nym. Sounds a little ‘woke’ tho. ;)

> Michael Christ

Re: Renewing of the Mind

<useodl$1kgs2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12472&group=alt.bible.prophecy#12472

From: michaelm...@outlook.com (Michael Christ)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife,alt.bible,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox,alt.bible.prophecy
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 21:14:13 +1100
 by: Michael Christ - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 10:14 UTC

On 8/03/2024 3:30 pm, Robert wrote:
> On Mar 7, 2024, Michael Christ wrote
> (in article <use1go$1g9e6$1@dont-email.me>):
>
>> On 8/03/2024 6:17 am, Robert wrote:
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36yahYHmd8E&list=WL&index=1
>>>
>>> Renewing of your mind.
>>> An understanding by,...
>>>
>>> Pastor Duane Sheriff
>>
>> Renewing your mind is not of the flesh, of your effort!
>>
>> Duaney Poo is getting older.
>>
>> "You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
>> know that?"
>>
>> "You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."
>
> You should have watched the whole thing, and listened, instead you
> manufactured gossip.

I don't need to. The Lord is always with me and I don't need anyone to
say to me, "Know the Lord." However I did give it a bit of time, but it
was obvious from the start.

> Yes, like you he is aging. Unlike you he died, and then returned to this
> life.

Well, you'll see about that.

>> Super SinnerRose needs to understand that too!
>
> I’ll let rose speak for itself. THX, I was wondering how to address the
> nym. Sounds a little ‘woke’ tho. ;)

Signs of the times.

Duaney Poo is not born again—something more you will learn later.

But...you were told the truth...written in the annals of time...

"Renewing your mind is not of the flesh, of your effort!

"You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
know that?"

"You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."

And that, as they say, is that.

Michael Christ

--
[...]

<0001HW.2B9B8A2200047B5E309F9138F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12473&group=alt.bible.prophecy#12473

From: rob...@no.way (Robert)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife, alt.bible, alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox, alt.bible.prophecy
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 10:02:10 -0800
 by: Robert - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 18:02 UTC

On Mar 8, 2024, Michael Christ wrote
(in article <useodl$1kgs2$1@dont-email.me>):

> On 8/03/2024 3:30 pm, Robert wrote:
> > On Mar 7, 2024, Michael Christ wrote
> > (in article <use1go$1g9e6$1@dont-email.me>):

> > > Renewing your mind is not of the flesh, of your effort!
> > >
> > > Duaney Poo is getting older.
> > >
> > > "You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
> > > know that?"
> > >
> > > "You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."
> >
> > You should have watched the whole thing, and listened, instead you
> > manufactured gossip.
>
> I don't need to. The Lord is always with me and I don't need anyone to
> say to me, "Know the Lord." However I did give it a bit of time, but it
> was obvious from the start.
>
> > Yes, like you he is aging. Unlike you he died, and then returned to this
> > life.
>
> Well, you'll see about that.
>
> > > Super SinnerRose needs to understand that too!
> >
> > I’ll let rose speak for itself. THX, I was wondering how to address the
> > nym. Sounds a little ‘woke’ tho. ;)
>
> Signs of the times.
>
> Duaney Poo is not born again—something more you will learn later.
>
> But...you were told the truth...written in the annals of time...
>
> "Renewing your mind is not of the flesh, of your effort!

It comes along with walking in the spirit with the divine nature of God, and
that is something that a born again person must chose to do.

> "You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
> know that?"

Why don’t you read the Bible and what I have repeatedly quoted to you and
others?
Your self righteousness is not of God, that is true, but the Born Again
Believer is imputed the righteousness of God Himself. I will show you the
supporting scripture if you ask, however, I know you have seen it many times
before, and whether or not you pay attention to it, it is the truth of the
Gospel of God.

> "You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” That is true, and
something I learned from scripture long before we ever crossed paths.

> And that, as they say, is that.
>
> Michael Christ

You are not what you pretend to be, and that is that. ;)

Re: Renewing of the Mind

<usg26p$1t8na$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12474&group=alt.bible.prophecy#12474

From: michaelm...@outlook.com (Michael Christ)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife,alt.bible,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox,alt.bible.prophecy
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 09:07:20 +1100
 by: Michael Christ - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 22:07 UTC

Robert wrote:
> It comes along with walking in the spirit with the divine nature of God, and
> that is something that a born again person must chose to do.

A born again person has already chosen.

That aside, I know the ways of the Christendom religion (Duane et.
al.), and speak to it in its error. A man can choose to have his mind
renewed, but he has no power to renew it himself.

God has to renew his mind through faith, through trust, through hope,
through the "captured heart for Him," through the revelation of Himself
(God) through the power of His Holy Spirit.

Rom_12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by
the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and
acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Do you see those little words, "be ye transformed?" By Whom? By the man
or by God? By a combo of power of the man and God (with God's help) or
by GOD ALONE?

>> "You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
>> know that?"
>
> Why don’t you read the Bible and what I have repeatedly quoted to you and
> others?
> Your self righteousness is not of God, that is true, but the Born Again
> Believer is imputed the righteousness of God Himself. I will show you the
> supporting scripture if you ask, however, I know you have seen it many times
> before, and whether or not you pay attention to it, it is the truth of the
> Gospel of God.

I am not saying what you think I am saying, which is nearly always the case.

>> "You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."
>
> "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.”

That is obviously true but it is not what I am saying.

> That is true, and
> something I learned from scripture long before we ever crossed paths.

How did you learn? And did you learn it from scripture or did you
receive it from above (Him)? That is not the same thing for many, many
people who study the scriptures and learn what He is like but do not
receive Him, as well you know.

The way of Christendom religion (Duane et. al.) is to train yourself in
the way. No, that is not the Way, the Truth, and the Life—God has to
reveal Himself to a man, like Paul, with all the scripture in his world
and more understanding of it than anyone, and STILL the Lord had to
reveal Himself (Damascus).

That is what I mean when I say the bible can't save you or to put it
down. Paul had to put it down (the clutter of endless theology and
racing personal interpretations) and let God reveal Himself to him in
his heart. You can choose to understand that or twist it. You have
always twisted that and turned that against me, and it has pissed me
off, but I have always forgiven you because you didn't understand what I
was saying.

The Way, the Truth, the Life is FAITH in Him, trusting in Him, leaning
on Him. A child (a literal child) of God holds His hand and knows he
knows nothing—does not know where to go or how to get there, holds on to
Him, and never lets go because the child loves Him with all his heart,
soul, and mind.

And that is the key: true love never lets go—no matter what. But even
love cannot be whipped up with scripture (emotion and study), it has to
be raised up, forged by God in a furnace. How else will anything endure
after this life if it is not able to withstand the fire of God's
holiness? What is not pure will be consumed by fire.

As you have heard said many times, all or nothing.

>> And that, as they say, is that.
>>
>> Michael Christ
>
> You are not what you pretend to be, and that is that. ;)

Duane isn't and there may be others. :-).

Michael Christ

--

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Renewing of the Mind

<0001HW.2B9C2B10002A334D309F9138F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12478&group=alt.bible.prophecy#12478

From: rob...@no.way (Robert)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife, alt.bible, alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic, alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox, alt.bible.prophecy
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2024 21:28:48 -0800
 by: Robert - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 05:28 UTC

On Mar 8, 2024, Michael Christ wrote
(in article <usg26p$1t8na$4@dont-email.me>):

> On 9/03/2024 5:02 am, Robert wrote:
> > On Mar 8, 2024, Michael Christ wrote
> > (in article <useodl$1kgs2$1@dont-email.me>):

> > > I don't need to. The Lord is always with me and I don't need anyone to
> > > say to me, "Know the Lord." However I did give it a bit of time, but it
> > > was obvious from the start.

> > > Well, you'll see about that.

> > > Signs of the times.
> > >
> > > Duaney Poo is not born again—something more you will learn later.
> > >
> > > But...you were told the truth...written in the annals of time...
> > >
> > > "Renewing your mind is not of the flesh, of your effort!
>
> Robert wrote:
> > It comes along with walking in the spirit with the divine nature of God, and
> > that is something that a born again person must chose to do.
>
> A born again person has already chosen.

Mat 13:19-23

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth itnot,
then cometh the wicked one,and catcheth away that which was sown in his
heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that
heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when
tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is
offended.

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word;
and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word,
and he becometh unfruitful.

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the
word, and understandeth it;which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some
an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Discipling and the renewal of the mind are very important for the babies in
the Kingdom of God. Especially for those seeking God who stumbles into these
NG’s looking for help, understanding, and the ways of righteousness, and
then they see people cursing, name calling, bitter, accusing, and all the
things the scriptures point out as a sign that these who call themselves
believers are living carnally, just like what they were seeking to escape.

May the Heavenly Father open the eyes of all here who claim to be a
“christian” to see what we are doing to denigrate the desires of Him who
saves.

> That aside, I know the ways of the Christendom religion (Duane et.
> al.),and speak to it in its error. A man can choose to have his mind
> renewed, but he has no power to renew it himself.

We are speaking of the mind being renewed. God will not force the issue. One
has to yield, and have a desire to yield. To fully humble themselves unto the
Lord. To do that requires repentance.

> God has to renew his mind through faith, through trust, through hope,
> through the "captured heart for Him," through the revelation of Himself
> (God) through the power of His Holy Spirit.
>
> Rom_12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by
> the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and
> acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
>
> Do you see those little words, "be ye transformed?" By Whom? By the man
> or by God? By a combo of power of the man and God (with God's help) or
> by GOD ALONE?

Read the scripture, ‘be ye transformed’ {by continuous acts}

Romans 13:14(KJV)

14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh,
to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Not by the “combo” that you described of the power of man and God. And by
God overwhelming/overpowering the will of man. He desires those who love him.
Who trust and yield themselves to Him. ‘Make no provision for the flesh’,
is a choice or decision that one must make of their own free will, and it
shows what is in the heart of men.

> > > "You can't learn righteousness. Haven't you had enough time already to
> > > know that?"
> >
> > Why don’t you read the Bible and what I have repeatedly quoted to you and
> > others?
> > Your self righteousness is not of God, that is true, but the Born Again
> > Believer is imputed the righteousness of God Himself. I will show you the
> > supporting scripture if you ask, however, I know you have seen it many times
> > before, and whether or not you pay attention to it, it is the truth of the
> > Gospel of God.
>
> I am not saying what you think I am saying, which is nearly always the case.

Then you should say what you mean.

Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your
flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to
iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to
righteousness unto holiness.

Rom 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after
righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which
is of faith.

1Co 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the
knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

One can see here that the knowledge of God within the man is vital, and that
those that are weak in the flesh yield not to God as they should. Take a look
at those who do not Love the Brothers of the Lord, slanderers, accusers,
gossipers, sowing seeds of doubt, etc.

Show then what you meant.

> > > "You can't learn God, God has to reveal Himself to you."
> >
> > "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.”
>
> That is obviously true but it is not what I am saying.

Mebbe not, but scripture says to draw near to Him so that he will reveal
himself to you. Nothing complex. Simple.

> > That is true, and
> > something I learned from scripture long before we ever crossed paths.
>
> How did you learn? And did you learn it from scripture or did you
> receive it from above (Him)? That is not the same thing for many, many
> people who study the scriptures and learn what He is like but do not
> receive Him, as well you know.

Again, study to show thyself approved unto God. Draw near to him by the
knowledge of God in His Word. Him revealing himself to me as I read both by
his thoughts, those not of myself as well as his quiet voice speaking to me
as well. Also, by spending time conversing with Him.

“Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou
mayest be justified.” (Isa 43:26)

The scriptures to an unregenerate man are indeed difficult to comprehend, and
without being born again and by the spirit, all they see are platitudes,
moral guidance.

Many who have degrees in Theology and not born of God, and some are outright
atheists. All learned with the Godless mind of men. They are every bit as
wise about the things of God as is ChatGPT. Godless and corrupt.

> The way of Christendom religion (Duane et. al.) is to train yourself in
> the way. No, that is not the Way, the Truth, and the Life—God has to
> reveal Himself to a man, like Paul, with all the scripture in his world
> and more understanding of it than anyone, and STILL the Lord had to
> reveal Himself (Damascus).

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Renewing of the Mind

<ush3pq$26j5v$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12480&group=alt.bible.prophecy#12480

From: michaelm...@outlook.com (Michael Christ)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife,alt.bible,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.religion.christian.east-orthodox,alt.bible.prophecy
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 18:40:41 +1100
 by: Michael Christ - Sat, 9 Mar 2024 07:40 UTC

On 9/03/2024 4:28 pm, Robert wrote:
> [...]
> amongst the Giant Redwood Trees in N. Calif, on a hot day, I have gone into a
> screen tent over a picnic table with the Word of God, opened it up to read
> and draw near, and as I do I felt as if I had jumped into a fresh, cool, pool
> as it cascades over me. Not too hot, not too cool, but just right. Perfect.
> What God does for me he is willing to do for anyone else, he is no respecter
> of persons. What he has done for others that are recorded in Gods word he is
> more than willing to do for all, and whatever good things He does for man in
> this day, he will do for anyone who believes.
>>
>> As you have heard said many times, all or nothing.
>
> Oh that you could understand that platitude of yours and exhibit it.

>>> You are not what you pretend to be, and that is that. ;)
>>
>> Duane isn't and there may be others. :-).
>
> God is the judge of that, and you are not Him.

interests / alt.bible.prophecy / Re: Renewing of the Mind