From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet,alt.bible,alt.messianic,alt.religion.christian.biblestudy,alt.religion.christian
Subject: Day 104 of My 4th Bible Study Journey
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 15:13:21 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 13 Apr 2024 15:13 UTC

Day 104, 13 April 2024

1) 1 Samuel 21
Psalm 34
1 Samuel 22:1-2
Psalm 57
Psalm 142
1 Chronicles 12:8-18
1 Samuel 22:3-23
Psalm 52
1 Samuel 23:1-12
1 Samuel 23:13-29
Psalm 54
1 Samuel 24

1 SAMUEL 21

David at Nob
1 (1Sa 16:4; Ne 11:32) Then David came to Nob to Ahimelek the priest.
And Ahimelek trembled coming to meet David and said to him,
"Why are you alone and no man is with you?"
2 And David said to Ahimelek the priest, "The king commanded me a matter
and said to me, 'Let no man know anything of the business which I am sending
you and what I have commanded you.' But to the young men I made known
a certain place to meet.
3 Now therefore what is in your hand? Give me five loaves of bread in my hand,
or whatever can be found."
4 (Ex 19:15; 25:30) The priest answered David and said,
"There is no common bread at hand. But there is holy bread,
if the young men have indeed been kept from women."
5 David answered the priest and said to him, "Indeed women have been kept
from us. As previously, when I went out the vessels of the young men were
holy even if it was an ordinary journey. How much more then today
will their vessels be holy?"
6 (Mt 12:3-4; Lk 6:3-4) So the priest gave him holy bread. For there was
no bread there but the showbread that was removed from before the Lord,
in order to place hot bread there on the day when it was taken away.
7 (1Sa 22:9; 1Ch 27:29) Now a certain man of the servants of Saul was there
that day, detained before the Lord. And his name was Doeg, the Edomite,
chief of the shepherds of Saul.
8 David said to Ahimelek, "Is there not a spear or a sword here at hand?
For neither my sword nor my weapons did I bring with me,
because the king's business was urgent."
9 (1Sa 17:2) The priest said, "The sword of Goliath the Philistine,
whom you struck down in the Valley of Elah, is here, wrapped
in a cloth behind the ephod. If you will take that, take it.
For there is none other but that here."
And David said, "There is none like it. Give it me."

[1] Then came David to Nob to Ahimelech the priest: and Ahimelech was afraid
at the meeting of David, and said unto him, Why art thou alone, and no man
with thee?
[2] And David said unto Ahimelech the priest, The king hath commanded me a
business, and hath said unto me, Let no man know any thing of the business
whereabout I send thee, and what I have commanded thee: and I have appointed
my servants to such and such a place.
[3] Now therefore what is under thine hand? give me five loaves of bread in
mine hand, or what there is present.
[4] And the priest answered David, and said, There is no common bread under
mine hand, but there is hallowed bread; if the young men have kept
themselves at least from women.
[5] And David answered the priest, and said unto him, Of a truth women have
been kept from us about these three days, since I came out, and the vessels
of the young men are holy, and the bread is in a manner common, yea, though
it were sanctified this day in the vessel.
[6] So the priest gave him hallowed bread: for there was no bread there but
the shewbread, that was taken from before the LORD, to put hot bread in the
day when it was taken away.
[7] Now a certain man of the servants of Saul was there that day, detained
before the LORD; and his name was Doeg, an Edomite, the chiefest of the
herdmen that belonged to Saul.
[8] And David said unto Ahimelech, And is there not here under thine hand
spear or sword? for I have neither brought my sword nor my weapons with me,
because the king's business required haste.
[9] And the priest said, The sword of Goliath the Philistine, whom thou
slewest in the valley of Elah, behold, it is here wrapped in a cloth behind
the ephod: if thou wilt take that, take it: for there is no other save that
here. And David said, There is none like that; give it me.

David Flees to Gath

10 David arose and fled that day from Saul.
And he went to Achish the king of Gath.
11 (1Sa 29:5) The servants of Achish said to him,
"Is this not David the king of the land?
Did they not sing with dances for him, saying,
'Saul has slain his thousands,
and David his ten thousands'? "
12 (Lk 2:19) And David took these words to heart and greatly feared
Achish the king of Gath.
13 Therefore he changed his behavior before them and pretended
to be insane in their hands. And he scratched on the doors of the gate
and let his spittle run down his beard.
14 Then said Achish to his servants, "You see the man is acting like a madman.
Why then have you brought him to me?
15 Am I one who lacks lunatics, that you brought this one to behave
as a madman in my presence? Will this man come into my house?"

[10] And David arose, and fled that day for fear of Saul, and went to Achish
the king of Gath.
[11] And the servants of Achish said unto him, Is not this David the king of
the land? did they not sing one to another of him in dances, saying, Saul
hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands?
[12] And David laid up these words in his heart, and was sore afraid of
Achish the king of Gath.
[13] And he changed his behaviour before them, and feigned himself mad in
their hands, and scrabbled on the doors of the gate, and let his spittle
fall down upon his beard.
[14] Then said Achish unto his servants, Lo, ye see the man is mad:
wherefore then have ye brought him to me?
[15] Have I need of mad men, that ye have brought this fellow to play the
mad man in my presence? shall this fellow come into my house?

PSALMS 34

A Psalm of David, when he feigned madness before Abimelek,
who drove him away, and he departed.

1 I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise will continually be in my mouth.
2 (Ps 63:1; 84:2) My soul will make its boast in the Lord;
the humble will hear of it and be glad.
3 (Ps 79:10; 80:5) Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
and let us exalt His name together.
4 (Isa 30:29; Ps 62:8) I sought the Lord, and He answered me,
and delivered me from all my fears.
5 (Ps 42:11; 43:5) They looked to Him and became radiant,
and their faces are not ashamed.
6 (2Sa 17:22; Dt 3:8-9) This poor man cried, and the Lord heard,
and saved him out of all his troubles.
7 (Ps 88:7; Jnh 2:3) The angel of the Lord camps around those who fear Him,
and delivers them.
8 (Job 35:10; Ps 63:6) Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.
9 (Ps 38:6; 18:2 ) Oh, fear the Lord, you His saints;
for the ones who fear Him will not be in need.
10 (Ps 42:3; Joel 2:17) The young lions are in want and suffer hunger,
but the ones who seek the Lord will not lack any good thing.
11 (Ps 42:5; 43:5) Come, you children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 Who is the man who desires life,
and loves a long life in order to see good?
13 Keep your tongue from evil,
and your lips from speaking deceit.
14 Turn away from evil, and do good;
seek peace, and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
and His ears are open to their cry.
16 The face of the Lord is against the ones doing evil,
to cut off the memory of them from the earth.
17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears,
and delivers them out of all their troubles.
18 The Lord is near to the broken-hearted,
and saves the contrite of spirit.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
20 A righteous one keeps all his bones;
not one of them is broken.
21 Evil will slay the wicked,
and those who hate the righteous will be condemned.
22 The Lord redeems the life of His servants,
and all who take refuge in Him will not be punished.

Psalm 34
[1] I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in
my mouth.
[2] My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof,
and be glad.
[3] O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
[4] I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
[5] They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not
ashamed.
[6] This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all
his troubles.
[7] The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and
delivereth them.
[8] O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth
in him.
[9] O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear
him.
[10] The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD
shall not want any good thing.
[11] Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the
LORD.
[12] What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may
see good?
[13] Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
[14] Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
[15] The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto
their cry.
[16] The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the
remembrance of them from the earth.
[17] The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all
their troubles.
[18] The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such
as be of a contrite spirit.
[19] Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him
out of them all.
[20] He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.
[21] Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be
desolate.
[22] The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that
trust in him shall be desolate.

Click here to read the complete article

interests / alt.bible / Day 104 of My 4th Bible Study Journey