From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet,alt.bible,alt.messianic,alt.religion.christian.biblestudy,alt.religion.christian
Subject: Day 112 of My 4th Bible Study Journey
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 18:57:35 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 21 Apr 2024 18:57 UTC

Day 112, 21 Apr 2024

Today at <a href="https://www.calvarycommunity.ca">
Calvary Community church </a> , Pastor Barry REgier spoke on
On Mission - God's no-so-hidden Plan.

A) God's seeking planned

Genesis 3:15

[15] And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed
and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

15 (Ro 14:7-9) And He died for all, that those who live should not from
now on live for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.

Genesis 12:1-3

1 Now the Lord said to Abram, "Go from your country,
your family, and your father's house to the land that I will show you.
2 I will make of you a great nation;
I will bless you
and make your name great,
so that you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless them who bless you
and curse him who curses you,
and in you all families of the earth
will be blessed."

[1] Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from
thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
[2] And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make
thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
[3] And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee:
and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Genesis 22:18

18 (Ge 12:3; Ac 3:25; Ge 18:18) "Through your offspring all the nations
of the earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice."

[18] And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because
thou hast obeyed my voice.

Romans 9:4-5

4 (Eph 2:12; Ge 17:2; Ex 4:22) who are Israelites, to whom belong
the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law,
the service of God, and the promises,
5 (Ro 1:25; 11:28) to whom belong the patriarchs, and from whom,
according to the flesh, is Christ, who is over all, God forever blessed. Amen.

[4] Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and
the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the
promises;
[5] Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came,
who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

Luke 2:28-32

28 (Lk 1:64) he received Him in his arms and blessed God and said:
29 (Ge 15:15; Lk 2:26) "Lord, now let Your servant depart in peace,
according to Your word;
30 (Lk 3:6; Isa 52:10) for my eyes have seen Your salvation
31 which You have prepared in the sight of all people,
32 (Isa 49:6; 9:2; 60:19) a light for revelation to the Gentiles,
and the glory of Your people Israel."

[28] Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
[29] Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy
word:
[30] For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
[31] Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
[32] A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Isaiah 49:6

6 (Isa 42:6; Lk 2:32) He says,
"It is a light thing that you should be My servant
to raise up the tribes of Jacob
and to restore the preserved ones of Israel;
I will also make you a light to the nations
so that My salvation may reach to the ends of the earth."

[6] And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to
raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will
also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation
unto the end of the earth.

Acts 13:39

39 (Ro 8:3; Gal 2:16) and by Him everyone who believes is justified
from everything from which you could not be justified by the Law of Moses.

[39] And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which
ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Ephesians 2:14-22

One in Christ

11 (Col 2:11; 1Co 12:2; Eph 5:8) Therefore remember that formerly you,
the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called the "uncircumcision"
by the so-called "circumcision" in the flesh by human hands,
12 (1Th 4:13; Gal 4:8) were at that time apart from Christ,
alienated from the citizenship of Israel and strangers to the covenants
of promise, without hope and without God in the world.
13 (Ac 2:39; Isa 57:19) But now in Christ Jesus you who were formerly
far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14 (Gal 3:28; Mic 5:5) For He is our peace, who has made both groups one
and has broken down the barrier of the dividing wall,
15 (Col 2:14; 2:20) by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, that is,
the law of the ­commandments contained in ordinances, that in Himself
He might make the two into one new man, thus making peace,
16 (Eph 2:15; Col 1:20-22) and that He might reconcile both to God
into one body through the cross, thereby slaying the enmity.
17 (Ps 148:14; Dt 4:7) And He came and preached peace to you who were
far away and peace to those who were near.
18 (1Co 12:13; Eph 3:12) For through Him we both have access by one
Spirit to the Father.
19 (Gal 6:10; Php 3:20) Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers
and foreigners, but are fellow citizens with the saints and members
of the household of God,
20 (Mt 16:18; Isa 28:16; Rev 21:14) having been built upon
the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself
being the chief cornerstone,
21 (1Co 3:16-17) in whom the entire building, tightly framed together,
grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
22 (1Co 3:16) in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling
place of God through the Spirit.

[11] Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh,
who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in
the flesh made by hands; without Christ, being aliens from the
commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having
no hope, and without God in the world:
[13] But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by
the blood of Christ.
[14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the
middle wall of partition between us;
[15] Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments
contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so
making peace;
[16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross,
having slain the enmity thereby:
[17] And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them
that were nigh.
[18] For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
[19] Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but
fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
[20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus
Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
[21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy
temple in the Lord:
[22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through
the Spirit.

Acts 1:8

8 (Mt 28:19; Mk 16:15) But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit
comes upon you. And you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem,
and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

[8] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon
you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all
Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

B) Our Seeking Heart

Acts 10:1-2

Peter and Cornelius
1 (Ac 27:1; 8:40) In Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, the centurion
[Commander with the rank of captain over 100 soldiers.] of a band of soldiers
called the Italian Detachment,
2 (Ac 10:22; 13:16; 13:26) a devout man and one who feared God with
all his household, who gave many alms to the people and continually
prayed to God.

[1] There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of
the band called the Italian band,
[2] A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave
much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

C) God's response

Acts 10:3-8

3 (Ac 3:1; 5:19) About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision
an angel of God coming in and saying to him, "Cornelius."
4 (Heb 6:10; Ps 141:2) When he looked at him he was afraid, and said,
"What is it, Lord?"
He said to him, "Your prayers and your alms have come up as a memorial
before God.
5 Now send men to Joppa, and bring back Simon whose surname is Peter.
6 (Ac 9:43) He is lodging with Simon, a tanner, whose house is by the sea.
He will tell you what you must do."
7 When the angel who spoke to him had departed,
Cornelius called two of his household servants
and a devout soldier from among those who continually waited on him.
8 When he had explained everything to them, he sent them to Joppa.

[3] He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an
angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.
[4] And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it,
Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a
memorial before God.
[5] And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is
Peter:
[6] He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea
side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do.
[7] And when the angel which spake unto Cornelius was departed, he
called two of his household servants, and a devout soldier of them that
waited on him continually;
[8] And when he had declared all these things unto them, he sent them to
Joppa.

Click here to read the complete article

interests / alt.bible / Day 112 of My 4th Bible Study Journey