Anything free is worth what you pay for it.

interests / alt.bible / Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?

SubjectAuthor
* Yahweh initially a solar deity?David Dalton
+* Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?Ted
|`- Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?teslaStinker
+- Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?David Dalton
+* Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?Andrew W
|`* Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?Ted
| `- Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?Andrew W
`- Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?The True Doctor

1
Yahweh initially a solar deity?

<0001HW.2BD1E45100465D1A70000679C38F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12774&group=alt.bible#12774

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian, soc.history.ancient, sci.archaeology, alt.religion.islam, alt.bible, alt.atheism
Subject: Yahweh initially a solar deity?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:59:21 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 23:29 UTC

Do you know of any biblical, historical, or archaeological
evidence that Yahweh was initially a solar deity?

From a google of
Is Yahweh a sun god? :

The following book turns up as first hit:

The Solar Nature of Yahweh

Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient Israelite Deity

Daniel Sarlo

In The Solar Nature of Yahweh: Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient
Israelite Deity, the original nature of the chief god of the Hebrew Bible,
Yahweh, is reexamined. Daniel Sarlo challenges the current consensus that
Yahweh was initially a storm god by examining the relevant biblical texts and
comparing them with Ancient Near Eastern texts, ultimately arguing that
Yahweh was a solar deity. The implication of this research is that Yahweh was
not a minor god who gradually accumulated characteristics to become the head
of the ancient Israelite pantheon, but rather a significant god from the very
beginning, or at least before the inception of the United Monarchy.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“Mary walks down to the water’s edge and there she hangs Her head to

Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?

<3miUN.7869$moa7.7801@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=12775&group=alt.bible#12775

From: ted.str...@gmail.com (Ted)
Subject: Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian, soc.history.ancient, sci.archaeology, alt.religion.islam, alt.bible, alt.atheism
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 23:51:27 GMT
 by: Ted - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 23:51 UTC

David Dalton wrote:

> Do you know of any biblical, historical, or archaeological
> evidence that Yahweh was initially a solar deity?
>
> From a google of
> Is Yahweh a sun god? :
>
> The following book turns up as first hit:
>
> The Solar Nature of Yahweh
>
> Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient Israelite Deity
>
> Daniel Sarlo
>
> In The Solar Nature of Yahweh: Reconsidering the Identity of the
> Ancient Israelite Deity, the original nature of the chief god of the
> Hebrew Bible, Yahweh, is reexamined. Daniel Sarlo challenges the
> current consensus that Yahweh was initially a storm god by examining
> the relevant biblical texts and comparing them with Ancient Near
> Eastern texts, ultimately arguing that Yahweh was a solar deity. The
> implication of this research is that Yahweh was not a minor god who
> gradually accumulated characteristics to become the head of the
> ancient Israelite pantheon, but rather a significant god from the
> very beginning, or at least before the inception of the United
> Monarchy.

The name Yahweh was imported from the south, late in the 2nd millenium
BCE. Integration of Yahweh with the Canaanite god Bull El was an
ongoing project for the next several centuries. I've never read
anything about a solar origin, though, but it's plausible.

Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?

<v0911e$1plv1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13084&group=alt.bible#13084

From: truecath...@truecarpentry.org (teslaStinker)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian,soc.history.ancient,sci.archaeology,alt.religion.islam,alt.bible,alt.atheism
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 12:09:33 -0700
 by: teslaStinker - Tue, 23 Apr 2024 19:09 UTC

On 4/18/2024 4:51 PM, Ted wrote:
> David Dalton wrote:
>
>> Do you know of any biblical, historical, or archaeological
>> evidence that Yahweh was initially a solar deity?
>>
>> From a google of
>> Is Yahweh a sun god? :
>>
>> The following book turns up as first hit:
>>
>> The Solar Nature of Yahweh
>>
>> Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient Israelite Deity
>>
>> Daniel Sarlo
>>
>> In The Solar Nature of Yahweh: Reconsidering the Identity of the
>> Ancient Israelite Deity, the original nature of the chief god of the
>> Hebrew Bible, Yahweh, is reexamined. Daniel Sarlo challenges the
>> current consensus that Yahweh was initially a storm god by examining
>> the relevant biblical texts and comparing them with Ancient Near
>> Eastern texts, ultimately arguing that Yahweh was a solar deity. The
>> implication of this research is that Yahweh was not a minor god who
>> gradually accumulated characteristics to become the head of the
>> ancient Israelite pantheon, but rather a significant god from the
>> very beginning, or at least before the inception of the United
>> Monarchy.
>

> The name Yahweh was imported from the south, late in the 2nd millenium
> BCE. Integration of Yahweh with the Canaanite god Bull El was an
> ongoing project for the next several centuries. I've never read
> anything about a solar origin, though, but it's plausible.

what do you expect from an infidel heathen? He is just plain full of
shit, and if you read the real Bible, you will find out, your not
suspossed to listen to them. And doing Business with them is a big no no.
You will just get God angry.

Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?

<0001HW.2BD8D1D400F023A570000C66138F@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13094&group=alt.bible#13094

From: dal...@nfld.com (David Dalton)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian, soc.history.ancient, sci.archaeology, alt.religion.islam, alt.bible, alt.atheism
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 03:06:20 -0230
 by: David Dalton - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 05:36 UTC

On Apr 18, 2024, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2BD1E45100465D1A70000679C38F@news.eternal-september.org>):

> Do you know of any biblical, historical, or archaeological
> evidence that Yahweh was initially a solar deity?
>
> From a google of
> Is Yahweh a sun god? :
>
> The following book turns up as first hit:
>
> The Solar Nature of Yahweh
>
> Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient Israelite Deity
>
> Daniel Sarlo
>
> In The Solar Nature of Yahweh: Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient
> Israelite Deity, the original nature of the chief god of the Hebrew Bible,
> Yahweh, is reexamined. Daniel Sarlo challenges the current consensus that
> Yahweh was initially a storm god by examining the relevant biblical texts and
> comparing them with Ancient Near Eastern texts, ultimately arguing that
> Yahweh was a solar deity. The implication of this research is that Yahweh was
> not a minor god who gradually accumulated characteristics to become the head
> of the ancient Israelite pantheon, but rather a significant god from the very
> beginning, or at least before the inception of the United Monarchy.

OK, I have, on this full moon night, reverted to Goddess,
who I define as the ruler of the region all/everything,
as the chair/moderator, in my most recent attempt at
magickally instigating a global new age, which I am
reporting on on the thread "full moon leap of faith”
on alt.religion.druid, for anyone who is interested,
which I deem more likely if you notice effects, such
as improved sexual compatibility.

--
David Dalton dalton@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“Mary walks down to the water’s edge and there she hangs Her head to
find herself faded a shadow of what she once was" (Sarah McLachlan)

Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?

<v0at2v$2af7d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13096&group=alt.bible#13096

From: spa...@defense.com (Andrew W)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian,soc.history.ancient,sci.archaeology,alt.religion.islam,alt.bible,alt.atheism
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 22:14:21 +1000
 by: Andrew W - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 12:14 UTC

"David Dalton" wrote in message

>Do you know of any biblical, historical, or archaeological
>evidence that Yahweh was initially a solar deity?
>
>From a google of
>Is Yahweh a sun god? :
>
>The following book turns up as first hit:
>
>The Solar Nature of Yahweh
>
>Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient Israelite Deity
>
>Daniel Sarlo
>
>In The Solar Nature of Yahweh: Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient
>Israelite Deity, the original nature of the chief god of the Hebrew Bible,
>Yahweh, is reexamined. Daniel Sarlo challenges the current consensus that
>Yahweh was initially a storm god by examining the relevant biblical texts
>and
>comparing them with Ancient Near Eastern texts, ultimately arguing that
>Yahweh was a solar deity. The implication of this research is that Yahweh
>was
>not a minor god who gradually accumulated characteristics to become the
>head
>of the ancient Israelite pantheon, but rather a significant god from the
>very
>beginning, or at least before the inception of the United Monarchy.

All I know is Yahweh and Jehovah were extraterrestrials. So were Anu,
Marduk, Enki, Enlil and many others.
As for a solar/sun god, I think Ra was more that.

--
Definition of an idiot/ignoramus: Someone who gets their information from
the mainstream media and calls it facts and evidence.

http://www.rumormillnews.com - The best alternative news site

Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?

<zT9WN.13490$qAn.11976@fx08.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13098&group=alt.bible#13098

From: ted.str...@gmail.com (Ted)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian,soc.history.ancient,sci.archaeology,alt.religion.islam,alt.bible,alt.atheism
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:50:55 GMT
 by: Ted - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 15:50 UTC

Andrew W wrote:

> "David Dalton" wrote in message
> >
> > Do you know of any biblical, historical, or archaeological
> > evidence that Yahweh was initially a solar deity?
> >
> > From a google of
> > Is Yahweh a sun god? :
> >
> > The following book turns up as first hit:
> >
> > The Solar Nature of Yahweh
> >
> > Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient Israelite Deity
> >
> > Daniel Sarlo
> >
> > In The Solar Nature of Yahweh: Reconsidering the Identity of the
> > Ancient Israelite Deity, the original nature of the chief god of
> > the Hebrew Bible, Yahweh, is reexamined. Daniel Sarlo challenges
> > the current consensus that Yahweh was initially a storm god by
> > examining the relevant biblical texts and comparing them with
> > Ancient Near Eastern texts, ultimately arguing that Yahweh was a
> > solar deity. The implication of this research is that Yahweh was
> > not a minor god who gradually accumulated characteristics to become
> > the head of the ancient Israelite pantheon, but rather a
> > significant god from the very beginning, or at least before the
> > inception of the United Monarchy.
> >

> All I know is Yahweh and Jehovah were extraterrestrials. So were Anu,
> Marduk, Enki, Enlil and many others. As for a solar/sun god, I think
> Ra was more that.

LOL.

Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?

<v0c3g8$2j8ts$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13102&group=alt.bible#13102

From: spa...@defense.com (Andrew W)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian,soc.history.ancient,sci.archaeology,alt.religion.islam,alt.bible,alt.atheism
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 09:09:57 +1000
 by: Andrew W - Wed, 24 Apr 2024 23:09 UTC

"Ted" wrote in message news:zT9WN.13490$qAn.11976@fx08.iad...

>Andrew W wrote:
>
>> "David Dalton" wrote in message
>> >
>> > Do you know of any biblical, historical, or archaeological
>> > evidence that Yahweh was initially a solar deity?
>> >
>> > From a google of
>> > Is Yahweh a sun god? :
>> >
>> > The following book turns up as first hit:
>> >
>> > The Solar Nature of Yahweh
>> >
>> > Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient Israelite Deity
>> >
>> > Daniel Sarlo
>> >
>> > In The Solar Nature of Yahweh: Reconsidering the Identity of the
>> > Ancient Israelite Deity, the original nature of the chief god of
>> > the Hebrew Bible, Yahweh, is reexamined. Daniel Sarlo challenges
>> > the current consensus that Yahweh was initially a storm god by
>> > examining the relevant biblical texts and comparing them with
>> > Ancient Near Eastern texts, ultimately arguing that Yahweh was a
>> > solar deity. The implication of this research is that Yahweh was
>> > not a minor god who gradually accumulated characteristics to become
>> > the head of the ancient Israelite pantheon, but rather a
>> > significant god from the very beginning, or at least before the
>> > inception of the United Monarchy.
>> >

>> All I know is Yahweh and Jehovah were extraterrestrials. So were Anu,
>> Marduk, Enki, Enlil and many others. As for a solar/sun god, I think
>> Ra was more that.
>

>LOL.

Earth's true history has been suppressed and falsified by the corrupt. Some
day the general population will get a big shock.

--
Definition of an idiot/ignoramus: Someone who gets their information from
the mainstream media and calls it facts and evidence.

http://www.rumormillnews.com - The best alternative news site

Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?

<v1bbp8$2ohks$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13540&group=alt.bible#13540

From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian,soc.history.ancient,sci.archaeology,alt.religion.islam,alt.bible,alt.atheism
Date: Mon, 6 May 2024 20:41:27 +0100
 by: The True Doctor - Mon, 6 May 2024 19:41 UTC

On 19/04/2024 00:29, David Dalton wrote:
> Do you know of any biblical, historical, or archaeological
> evidence that Yahweh was initially a solar deity?
>
> From a google of
> Is Yahweh a sun god? :
>
> The following book turns up as first hit:
>
> The Solar Nature of Yahweh
>
> Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient Israelite Deity
>
> Daniel Sarlo
>
> In The Solar Nature of Yahweh: Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient
> Israelite Deity, the original nature of the chief god of the Hebrew Bible,
> Yahweh, is reexamined. Daniel Sarlo challenges the current consensus that
> Yahweh was initially a storm god by examining the relevant biblical texts and
> comparing them with Ancient Near Eastern texts, ultimately arguing that
> Yahweh was a solar deity. The implication of this research is that Yahweh was
> not a minor god who gradually accumulated characteristics to become the head
> of the ancient Israelite pantheon, but rather a significant god from the very
> beginning, or at least before the inception of the United Monarchy.

Jehovah was always a sea god. This clear from Sanchuniathon's Phoenician
history and the redactions of it by Philo, Porphyry and Eusebius (who
identify the Hebrew gods with those of the Phoenicians because of their
names and similarities and those of the Greeks by history and
chronolohy), where he is referred to as Pontus the son El who is
identified with Kronos. Pontus is the same god as Yam Nahar (River Sea)
or Yaw in the Baal Epic. That the Phoenicians had a sea god is also
confirmed by Herodotus since Carthage was a Phoenician colony in North
Africa know as Libya (though technically today this is Tunisia).

If you identify El with Helios since both are in the same generation of
Titans/Elohim then you have a sun god there.

From Sanchuniathon the original Hebrew/Phoenician pantheon consisted of
Elyon (Most High) the father of Baal Shamen/Epigeius (Sky God), the
father of El (Kronos) the father of Jehovah (Yam Nahar/Yaw/Pontus). El
was the brother of Atlas/Tsebaoth (God of Armies/War God), Eetylus,
Dagon (Zeus-Arotrios, fertility god), Astarte (Aphrodite), Ashera
(Rhea), and Baaltis (Demeter & Dione combined, fertility goddess after
whom the festival of Beltane (May Day) is named).

Jehovah's brothers were Sadidus/Shaddai (Almighty God), Muth/Mot
(Underworld God), El the younger, Zeus Belus/Dushara, Apollo/Hubal, and
Typhon/Suduc/Sutekh/Set all by Ashera, and Iedud by Anbret.

His sisters included Anath/Anat/Athena and Persephone/Kore.

Baal-Hadad/Adodus protagonist of the Baal Epic was Jehovah's cousin
being the son of his uncle Dagon. He is also referred to as a son of El
and is the brother of Demarus the father of Melkathrus (Herakles). It's
possible that Baal-Hadad's mother was the same mother as Demarus, a
concubine of Baal Shamen given to Dagon by El and El could have slept
with her beforehand, as could Baal Shamen, so Baal-Hadad could claim any
of the three as his father.

Baal-Hadad/Adodus is equivalent to Hades and Adonis/Adonai, both being
underworld gods, due to Baal-Hadad's journey into the realm of Mot
(Death). Jehovah (Yam-Nahar/Yaw/Pontus) can also be considered as an
underworld god for the same reason.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

interests / alt.bible / Re: Yahweh initially a solar deity?