From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet,alt.bible,alt.messianic,alt.religion.christian.biblestudy,alt.religion.christian
Subject: Day 119 of My 3rd Bible Study Journey
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 18:44:09 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 18:44 UTC

Day 119, 28 April 2024

Today at <a href="https://www.calvarycommunity.ca">
Calvary Community Church </a> Pastor Barry Regier spoke on Beyond Normal
- Visions

For some of us Dreams and Visions maybe Beyond normal

Acts 1:8

8 (Mt 28:19; Mk 16:15) But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit
comes upon you. And you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem,
and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

[8] But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon
you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all
Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

A new Fmaily that would include Jews and Gentiles

Acts 10:3-4

3 (Ac 3:1; 5:19) About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision
an angel of God coming in and saying to him, "Cornelius."
4 (Heb 6:10; Ps 141:2) When he looked at him he was afraid, and said,
"What is it, Lord?"
He said to him, "Your prayers and your alms have come up as a memorial
before God.

[3] He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an
angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.
[4] And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it,
Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a
memorial before God.

Acts 2:17

17 (Isa 44:3; Ac 10:45) 'In the last days it shall be,' says God,
'that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.

[17] And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out
of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall
prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream
dreams:

God uses viosions to communicate with people to ...

A) Reveal His Glory

Matthew 17:1-3,5-9

The Transfiguration
Mk 9:2-13; Lk 9:28-36

1 (Mt 26:37; Mk 5:37) After six days Jesus took Peter, James,
and John his brother and brought them up to a high mountain alone,
2 (Ps 104:2; Mt 28:3) and was transfigured before them. His face shone
as the sun, and His garments became white as the light.
3 Suddenly Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.

5 (Mt 3:17; Isa 42:1) While he was still speaking, suddenly a bright cloud
overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son,
with whom I am well pleased. Listen to Him."
6 (2Pe 1:18) When the disciples heard this, they fell on their faces
and were filled with awe.
7 (Da 8:18; 10:10) But ­Jes­us came and touched them and said,
"Rise, and do not be afraid."
8 When they lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.
9 (Mk 8:30) As they came down the mountain, Jesus commanded them,

[1] And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and
bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
[2] And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and
his raiment was white as the light.
[3] And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

[5] While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold
a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am
well pleased; hear ye him.
[6] And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore
afraid.
[7] And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
[8] And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus
only.
[9] And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying,
Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the
dead.

B) Describe the future

Look at Revelation 1 - 5

C) Give Direction

Acts 9:10-19

10 (Ac 10:3; 22:12) A disciple named Ananias was in Damascus.
The Lord said to him in a vision, "Ananias."
He said, "Here I am, Lord."
11 (Ac 21:39; 22:3) The Lord said to him, "Rise and go to Straight Street,
and inquire at Judas' house for someone named Saul of Tarsus,
for he is praying,
12 (Mk 5:23) and has seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in
and putting his hand on him, so that he may see again."
13 (Ac 8:3; 9:1) Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about
this man, how many evil things he has done to Your saints at Jerusalem.
14 (Ac 9:21; 7:59) And here he has authority from the chief priests
to bind all who call on Your name."
15 (Ac 13:2; Eph 3:7-8) But the Lord said to him, "Go your way.
For this man is a chosen vessel of Mine, to bear My name before the Gentiles
and their kings, and before the sons of Israel.
16 (Ac 21:11; 2Co 11:23-27) For I will show him how much he must suffer
for My name's sake."
17 (Ac 2:4; 6:6) Then Ananias went his way and entered the house.
Putting his hands on him, he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus,
who appeared to you on the way as you came, has sent me so that
you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit."
18 (Ac 22:16) Immediately something like scales fell from his eyes,
and he could see again. And he rose up and was baptized.
19 (Ac 26:20) When he had eaten, he was strengthened.

[10] And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him
said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.
[11] And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is
called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of
Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,
[12] And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting
his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
[13] Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much
evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
[14] And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call
on thy name.
[15] But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto
me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of
Israel:
[16] For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
[17] And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his
hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto
thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy
sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
[18] And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he
received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
[19] And when he had received meat, he was strengthened.

Acts 10:1-8

Acts 10
Peter and Cornelius
1 (Ac 27:1; 8:40) In Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, the centurion
[Commander with the rank of captain over 100 soldiers.] of a band of soldiers
called the Italian Detachment,
2 (Ac 10:22; 13:16; 13:26) a devout man and one who feared God with
all his household, who gave many alms to the people and continually
prayed to God.
3 (Ac 3:1; 5:19) About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision
an angel of God coming in and saying to him, "Cornelius."
4 (Heb 6:10; Ps 141:2) When he looked at him he was afraid, and said,
"What is it, Lord?"
He said to him, "Your prayers and your alms have come up as a memorial
before God.
5 Now send men to Joppa, and bring back Simon whose surname is Peter.
6 (Ac 9:43) He is lodging with Simon, a tanner, whose house is by the sea.
He will tell you what you must do."
7 When the angel who spoke to him had departed,
Cornelius called two of his household servants
and a devout soldier from among those who continually waited on him.
8 When he had explained everything to them, he sent them to Joppa.

[1] There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of
the band called the Italian band,
[2] A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave
much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
[3] He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an
angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.
[4] And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it,
Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a
memorial before God.
[5] And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is
Peter:
[6] He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea
side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do.
[7] And when the angel which spake unto Cornelius was departed, he
called two of his household servants, and a devout soldier of them that
waited on him continually;
[8] And when he had declared all these things unto them, he sent them to
Joppa.

D) Strengthen with courage

Acts 18:9-10

9 (Ac 23:11; 2Co 12:1-3) The Lord spoke to Paul in the night through
a vision, "Do not be afraid, but speak and do not be silent.
10 (Mt 28:20; Lk 21:18) For I am with you, and no one shall attack you
and hurt you, for I have many people in this city."

[9] Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but
speak, and hold not thy peace:
[10] For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I
have much people in this city.

Click here to read the complete article

interests / alt.bible / Day 119 of My 3rd Bible Study Journey