From: zeb...@windstream.net (James)
Newsgroups: alt.bible,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic
Subject: PAGAN Cross.
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 08:52:20 -0400
 by: James - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:52 UTC

PAGAN Cross.

Yes, the cross is PAGAN. Even most churches are adorned with it.
(https://paganeo.com/cross-an-ancient-pagan-symbol/)

Is Christianity's main icon pagan? Thankfully it really isn't.

Genuine Christianity goes by the Bible. And the Greek word used in the
Bible translated mostly as 'cross' is "stauros". THAT IS WHAT IS IN
THE NT. And what did "stauros" mean in the 1st century?

Not 'cross', but an "upright pole". THAT'S WHAT'S IN THE BIBLE!!

"In his 1871 study of the history of the cross, Episcopal preacher
Henry Dana Ward accepted as the only form of the gibbet on which Jesus
died "a pale, a strong stake, a wooden post".[15] ...Anglican
theologian E. W. Bullinger, in The Companion Bible,

....that stauros never meant two pieces of timber placed across one
another at any angle, "but always of one piece alone ... There is
nothing [of the word stauros] in the Greek of the N.T. even to imply
two pieces of timber."
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_of_Jesus%27_crucifixion)

So rejoice when you pass a church with a large pagan "cross" on and
in the building. It is helping you to decide where the true religion
is actually at, by process of elimination.

Sincerely, James
Wars; when will
they cease forever?
goto jw.org
4/25/2024

www.avg.com

Re: PAGAN Cross.

<v0jive$he28$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13182&group=alt.bible#13182

From: seavie...@yahoo.com (tesla sTinker ofm minim)
Newsgroups: alt.bible,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic
Subject: Re: PAGAN Cross.
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 12:17:05 -0700
 by: tesla sTinker ofm mi - Sat, 27 Apr 2024 19:17 UTC

your full of shit, as always, the big liar

On 4/26/2024 5:52 AM, James scribbled:
> PAGAN Cross.
>
> Yes, the cross is PAGAN. Even most churches are adorned with it.
> (https://paganeo.com/cross-an-ancient-pagan-symbol/)
>
> Is Christianity's main icon pagan? Thankfully it really isn't.
>
> Genuine Christianity goes by the Bible. And the Greek word used in the
> Bible translated mostly as 'cross' is "stauros". THAT IS WHAT IS IN
> THE NT. And what did "stauros" mean in the 1st century?
>
> Not 'cross', but an "upright pole". THAT'S WHAT'S IN THE BIBLE!!
>
> "In his 1871 study of the history of the cross, Episcopal preacher
> Henry Dana Ward accepted as the only form of the gibbet on which Jesus
> died "a pale, a strong stake, a wooden post".[15] ...Anglican
> theologian E. W. Bullinger, in The Companion Bible,
>
> ....that stauros never meant two pieces of timber placed across one
> another at any angle, "but always of one piece alone ... There is
> nothing [of the word stauros] in the Greek of the N.T. even to imply
> two pieces of timber."
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_of_Jesus%27_crucifixion)
>
> So rejoice when you pass a church with a large pagan "cross" on and
> in the building. It is helping you to decide where the true religion
> is actually at, by process of elimination.
>
> Sincerely, James
> Wars; when will
> they cease forever?
> goto jw.org
> 4/25/2024

Re: PAGAN Cross.

<hfas2j1nbeq35da9it5eb70j7ia7j8l36l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13209&group=alt.bible#13209

From: zeb...@windstream.net (James)
Newsgroups: alt.bible,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 07:45:06 -0400
 by: James - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 11:45 UTC

On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 12:17:05 -0700, tesla sTinker ofm minim
<seaviews7@yahoo.com> wrote:

>your full of shit, as always, the big liar

Your Christian vocabulary seems to need some work on it, as mine
eventually did when I got out of the Navy.

Are you saying I lied about the BIBLE using the Greek word "stauros"
when describing Jesus' impalement? And "staurus" means an "upright
pole"?

If Bible scholars TODAY define "stauros" as also a "cross", that is up
to them. But what it was in the 1st century, when that part of the
Bible was written, was an "upright pole", and NOT the added "cross "
definition of today.

As the "X files" said, "The TRUTH is out there". So verify it.

>On 4/26/2024 5:52 AM, James scribbled:
>> PAGAN Cross.
>>
>> Yes, the cross is PAGAN. Even most churches are adorned with it.
>> (https://paganeo.com/cross-an-ancient-pagan-symbol/)
>>
>> Is Christianity's main icon pagan? Thankfully it really isn't.
>>
>> Genuine Christianity goes by the Bible. And the Greek word used in the
>> Bible translated mostly as 'cross' is "stauros". THAT IS WHAT IS IN
>> THE NT. And what did "stauros" mean in the 1st century?
>>
>> Not 'cross', but an "upright pole". THAT'S WHAT'S IN THE BIBLE!!
>>
>> "In his 1871 study of the history of the cross, Episcopal preacher
>> Henry Dana Ward accepted as the only form of the gibbet on which Jesus
>> died "a pale, a strong stake, a wooden post".[15] ...Anglican
>> theologian E. W. Bullinger, in The Companion Bible,
>>
>> ....that stauros never meant two pieces of timber placed across one
>> another at any angle, "but always of one piece alone ... There is
>> nothing [of the word stauros] in the Greek of the N.T. even to imply
>> two pieces of timber."
>> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_of_Jesus%27_crucifixion)
>>
>> So rejoice when you pass a church with a large pagan "cross" on and
>> in the building. It is helping you to decide where the true religion
>> is actually at, by process of elimination.

Here is some more of that "truth" that is out there:

"The Greek word "Stauros" does it mean Cross or Stake?

The original Greek word is "stauros" (sta????), which simply means an
upright wooden stake, and has no connotation of having a crossbar.
Jesus, or anyone else, couldn't possibly have carried."
(https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=sz&hsimp=yhs-002&p=FIRST+CENTARY+definition+of+%22stauros%22%3F&type=type80310-933013330&param1=3798434787)

"Cross, Crucify: denotes, primarily, "an upright pale or stake." On
such malefactors were nailed for execution. Both the noun and the verb
stauroo, "to fasten to a stake or pale," are originally to be
distinguished from the ecclesiastical form of a two beamed "cross."
The shape of the latter had its origin in ancient Chaldea, and was
used as the symbol of the god Tammuz (being in the shape of the mystic
Tau, the initial of his name) in that country and in adjacent lands,
including Egypt. By the middle of the 3rd cent. A.D. the churches had
either departed from, or had travestied, certain doctrines of the
Christian faith. In order to increase the prestige of the apostate
ecclesiastical system pagans were received into the churches apart
from regeneration by faith, and were permitted largely to retain their
pagan signs and symbols. Hence the Tau or T, in its most frequent
form, with the cross-piece lowered, was adopted to stand for the
"cross" of Christ.”
(Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words)

Sincerely, James
Being really happy.
Are you missing that?
go to jw.org
4/28/2024

>> Sincerely, James
>> Wars; when will
>> they cease forever?
>> goto jw.org
>> 4/25/2024

www.avg.com

Re: PAGAN Cross.

<v0m0oq$15qs2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13223&group=alt.bible#13223

From: seavie...@yahoo.com (tesla sTinker ofm minim)
Newsgroups: alt.bible,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 10:24:40 -0700
 by: tesla sTinker ofm mi - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 17:24 UTC

the true catholic church acknowledges both. In the true Bible, \
and that is not the Bible you use at all pagan, you use a changed up
version that is very invalid, and She has confronted you before on this
yet your type, refuses to learn anything on purpose so you can keep as
many souls going to hell that you can satan.

On 4/28/2024 4:45 AM, James scribbled:

Re: PAGAN Cross.

<httu2jlflp22rts2ptj7a228j6b215c3vv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13277&group=alt.bible#13277

From: zeb...@windstream.net (James)
Newsgroups: alt.bible,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 06:47:38 -0400
 by: James - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 10:47 UTC

On Sun, 28 Apr 2024 10:24:40 -0700, tesla sTinker ofm minim
<seaviews7@yahoo.com> wrote:

>the true catholic church acknowledges both. In the true Bible, \
>and that is not the Bible you use at all pagan, you use a changed up
>version that is very invalid, and She has confronted you before on this
>yet your type, refuses to learn anything on purpose so you can keep as
>many souls going to hell that you can satan.

I am sure Satan hears you. But be careful chopping on Satan. He has a
lot of weapons in his arsenal. And he is not afraid to use them.

>On 4/28/2024 4:45 AM, James scribbled:
>> On Sat, 27 Apr 2024 12:17:05 -0700, tesla sTinker ofm minim
>> <seaviews7@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> your full of shit, as always, the big liar
>>
>> Your Christian vocabulary seems to need some work on it, as mine
>> eventually did when I got out of the Navy.
>>
>> Are you saying I lied about the BIBLE using the Greek word "stauros"
>> when describing Jesus' impalement? And "staurus" means an "upright
>> pole"?
>>
>> If Bible scholars TODAY define "stauros" as also a "cross", that is up
>> to them. But what it was in the 1st century, when that part of the
>> Bible was written, was an "upright pole", and NOT the added "cross "
>> definition of today.
>>
>> As the "X files" said, "The TRUTH is out there". So verify it.
>>

>>> On 4/26/2024 5:52 AM, James scribbled:

>> Here is some more of that "truth" that is out there:
>>
>> "The Greek word "Stauros" does it mean Cross or Stake?
>>
>> The original Greek word is "stauros" (sta????), which simply means an
>> upright wooden stake, and has no connotation of having a crossbar.
>> Jesus, or anyone else, couldn't possibly have carried."
>> (https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=sz&hsimp=yhs-002&p=FIRST+CENTARY+definition+of+%22stauros%22%3F&type=type80310-933013330&param1=3798434787)
>>
>> "Cross, Crucify: denotes, primarily, "an upright pale or stake." On
>> such malefactors were nailed for execution. Both the noun and the verb
>> stauroo, "to fasten to a stake or pale," are originally to be
>> distinguished from the ecclesiastical form of a two beamed "cross."
>> The shape of the latter had its origin in ancient Chaldea, and was
>> used as the symbol of the god Tammuz (being in the shape of the mystic
>> Tau, the initial of his name) in that country and in adjacent lands,
>> including Egypt. By the middle of the 3rd cent. A.D. the churches had
>> either departed from, or had travestied, certain doctrines of the
>> Christian faith. In order to increase the prestige of the apostate
>> ecclesiastical system pagans were received into the churches apart
>> from regeneration by faith, and were permitted largely to retain their
>> pagan signs and symbols. Hence the Tau or T, in its most frequent
>> form, with the cross-piece lowered, was adopted to stand for the
>> "cross" of Christ.”
>> (Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words)
>>
>> Sincerely, James
>> Being really happy.
>> Are you missing that?
>> go to jw.org
>> 4/28/2024

Sincerely, James
Being really happy.
Are you missing that?
go to jw.org
4/29/2024

www.avg.com

interests / alt.bible / Re: PAGAN Cross.