From: rob...@no.way (Robert)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife, alt.bible, alt.bible.prophecy, alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic
Subject: The Way of the Lord, dwelling in man.
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 22:41:20 -0700
 by: Robert - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 05:41 UTC

Eph 4:21-32 (KJV)

21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth
is in Jesus:

22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is
corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in
righteousness and true holiness.

25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour:
for we are members one of another.

26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

27 Neither give place to the devil.

28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with
his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that
needeth.

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is
good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day
of redemption.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking,
be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even
as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

May these words of God find its way into your hearts, and let your mind be
renewed that you can put on the new man, which is the Spirit and Nature of
God.

Re: The Way of the Lord, dwelling in man.

<u8k72j99o0q0qthb8hmkf29o98om2gb9sg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16184&group=alt.bible.prophecy#16184

From: zeb...@windstream.net (James)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet.christianlife,alt.bible,alt.bible.prophecy,alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic
Subject: Re: The Way of the Lord, dwelling in man.
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 11:07:10 -0400
 by: James - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 15:07 UTC

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 22:41:20 -0700, Robert <robert@no.way> wrote:

>Eph 4:21-32 (KJV)
>
>21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth
>is in Jesus:
>
>22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is
>corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
>
>23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
>
>24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in
>righteousness and true holiness.
>
>25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour:
>for we are members one of another.
>
>26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
>
>27 Neither give place to the devil.
>
>28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with
>his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that
>needeth.
>
>29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is
>good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
>
>30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day
>of redemption.
>
>31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking,
>be put away from you, with all malice:
>
>32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even
>as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
>
>May these words of God find its way into your hearts, and let your mind be
>renewed that you can put on the new man, which is the Spirit and Nature of
>God.

Morning,

Great words of encouragement and faith. However I wasn't born in the
17th century, so to drive the points home better, I used the most
accurate Bible I have ever found: Eph 4:21-32; NWT,

"If, indeed, you heard him and were taught by means of him, just as
truth is in Jesus. 22 You were taught to put away the old personality
that conforms to your former course of conduct and that is being
corrupted according to its deceptive desires. 23 And you should
continue to be made new in your dominant mental attitude, 24 and
should put on the new personality that was created according to God’s
will in true righteousness and loyalty. 25 Therefore, now that you
have put away deceit, each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,
because we are members belonging to one another. 26 Be wrathful, but
do not sin; do not let the sun set while you are still angry; 27 do
not give the Devil an opportunity. 28 Let the one who steals steal no
more; rather, let him do hard work, doing good work with his hands, so
that he may have something to share with someone in need. 29 Let a
rotten word not come out of your mouth, but only what is good for
building up as the need may be, to impart what is beneficial to the
hearers. 30 Also, do not be grieving God’s holy spirit, with which you
have been sealed for a day of releasing by ransom. 31 Put away from
yourselves every kind of malicious bitterness, anger, wrath,
screaming, and abusive speech, as well as everything injurious. 32 But
become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate, freely forgiving
one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave you."

Yes, not only faith and works are some descriptions of a true
Christian, but LOVE and FORGIVENESS are the headlights.

And please keep in mind Romans 10:2.

Sincerely, James
Wars; when will
they cease forever?
4/20/2024

www.avg.com

interests / alt.bible.prophecy / The Way of the Lord, dwelling in man.