From: mig73all...@yahoo.co.uk (Mig.Rhodes)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: William F. Pepper, 86, claimed the government killed Martin Luther King
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 13:16:27 +0000
 by: Mig.Rhodes - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 13:16 UTC

William F. Pepper, who was the central figure in a decades-long effort to prove that the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther Jr. was killed not by a lone gunman but by a vast government plot, a controversial stance that made him something of a celebrity among the country’s teeming subculture of conspiracy theorists, died on April 7 2024 in Manhattan. He was 86.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/19/us/william-f-pepper-dead.html

Re: William F. Pepper, 86, claimed the government killed Martin Luther King

<v00fmj$f8p$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21604&group=alt.obituaries#21604

From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 13:24:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: danny burstein - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 13:24 UTC

In <759504a7169727ee24452e52dc31ee05@www.novabbs.org> mig73allenford2002@yahoo.co.uk (Mig.Rhodes) writes:

>William F. Pepper, who was the central figure in a decades-long effort to prove that the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther Jr. was killed not by a lone gunman but by a vast government plot, a controversial stance that made him something of a celebrity among the country’s teeming subculture of conspiracy theorists, died on April 7 2024 in Manhattan. He was 86.

>https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/19/us/william-f-pepper-dead.html

I recall a Congressional committee coming to the conclusion
there was a much larger group involved in that murder (I don't
remember what they said about local, or federal, gov't).

However, their report came out mid November, 1978,
the same week as the Jonestown massacre, so it
pretty much disappeared. And I never followed
up in trying to get a copy...

dannyb@panix.com

Re: William F. Pepper, 86, claimed the government killed Martin Luther King

<cb0d83cb8e61e1a5b133a2573741342f@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=21607&group=alt.obituaries#21607

Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 13:59:17 +0000
From: radioact...@hotmail.com (bryan_styble)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
 by: bryan_styble - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 13:59 UTC

Unlike the JFK and RFK assassinations--which I've yet to see persuasive evidence of anything other than lone gunmen, and Lord knows I've scrutinized both cases over DECADES now--the King shooting was CLEARLY a conspiracy. Between at least two men.

But the two conspirators were (1) dead confessed assassin James Earl Ray [known to his family as Jimmy] and (2) his surviving brother Jerry Ray (whom author James Clarke in "American Assassins" all-but-definitively fingered as the mysterious "Raoul", whom James Earl Ray always claimed he never met and only communicated with via telephone).

Last time I checked some years back, Jerry Ray is still living, AND still residing at the Ray family homestead in Alton, Illinois*.

Some enterprising St. Louis Post-Dispatch reporter seeking a world-class scoop should practice some ambush journalism out front of the Ray house, confronting Jerry when he's heading to or fro for groceries or a movie; doncha think there's a decent chance the aging alias-"Raoul" might be thusly caught off-guard, accidentally incriminating himself with imprudent word selection in response to in-his-face reportorial questioning?

BRYAN STYBLE/Florida
* A St. Louis suburb across the Mississippi River also well-known for being the hometown of late jazzman Miles Davis, as well as that of Guinness World Record Book tallest-man entry, Robert Wadlow, the Gentle Giant; indeed, there's a park-sited statue of Wadlow in Alton, and it's LIFE-SIZED !

interests / alt.obituaries / Re: William F. Pepper, 86, claimed the government killed Martin Luther King