From: sli...@anashram.com (slider)
Newsgroups: alt.dreams.castaneda
Subject: history in the making: - Israel rejects claims of genocide levelled
in World Court
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 12:26:50 -0000
 by: slider - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 12:26 UTC

Israel's military actions in Gaza are acts of self-defence against Hamas
and "other terrorist organisations", the legal advisor for Israel's
foreign ministry has said at the opening of the second day of hearings at
the World Court on Friday.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-12/israel-rejects-claims-of-genocide-levelled-in-world-court/103315994

The adviser, Tal Becker, said South Africa on Thursday had brought "a
grossly distorted story" as it accused Israel of committing genocide in
Gaza in the first day of the hearings of the case it brought to the United
Nation's top court.

"If there were acts of genocide, they have been perpetrated against
Israel," Mr Becker said.

South Africa, which filed the lawsuit at the International Court of
Justice (ICJ) in December, asked judges on Thursday to impose emergency
measures ordering Israel to immediately halt the offensive.

It said Israel's aerial and ground offensive — which has laid waste to
much of the narrow coastal enclave and killed more than 23,000 people
according to Gaza health authorities — aimed to bring about "the
destruction of the population" of Gaza.

Israel vehemently rejects the allegations.

Israel on Friday rejected the accusations of genocide as baseless. It said
South Africa was acting as a mouthpiece for Islamist Hamas, which is
widely designated as a terrorist group in the West.

By asking the court to order the halt of the Gaza military operation "the
applicant seeks to thwart Israel's inherent right to defend itself… and
render Israel defenceless," he said.

### - the historical significance of SOUTH AFRICA (the 'evolved-survivor'
of an oppressive regime, one forced to change under the pressure of
outside world opinion and thus, as a survivor, now arguably the world's
foremost expert on such things as genocide and apartheid-type regimes)
bringing this particular case to the international criminal court, is
historically profound...

that it's s.africa that BRINGS these charges is of huge historical moment!

that it's NOT just israel that's being pulled-over here for reckless
driving and/or driving without due care and attention, but the whole
system BEHIND it! OUR whole western system!

and THAT'S significant!

because, just like s.africa that time: being in very similar need we too
now NEED to change/evolve, or die! - it's OUR turn now to follow suit!

no one wants to change, of course, isn't that always the way?

the oppressive regime in s.africa didn't want to change either, it was
only when push came to shove that they either HAD to change or become
extinct...

luckily though, when the push came they chose to change, they 'chose' to
LIVE rather than dying for some clearly outdated/outmoded lost cause that
could no longer function properly in the modern age, and because of that
s.africa thus became the leading light/example of what the REST of the
world perforce has to EQUALLY change/do to follow suit in
abandoning/updating our previous oppressive ideas, and because ostensibly
it's exactly the same messed-up system!

that it's really very simple: all we have to do is ask ourselves: DO we
WANNA live or NOT??

coz if we stick to our old outdated/outmoded principles our system's
literally gonna tear itself apart!

or, we can decide we actually WANNA live and then tweak the laws/rules
accordingly to allow us to do so, perforce minus the problems that brought
us all to the point of destruction in the first place!

i.e., our OLD competitive ways indeed brought us to our present level of
advanced civilisation, but also to brink of destruction when those very
same precepts ultimately crystalised/clashed, just as they eventually did
in s.africa!

perforce the world (just like the white Afrikaans did at the time) will
now throw everything they GOTS against ANY such change ever occurring, the
incredibly eloquent barristers and attorneys being employed (by israel &
thus the world) to dismiss s.africa's claims, being only an example of
that resistance...

only it's NOT just israel that's ultimately on the block here, it's our
WHOLE system as it currently is and presently stands that's under
examination!

that while on the surface of things this appears to be all about israel,
it's actually not!

that just like s.africa that time, it's about the system that 'gave rise'
to all the conflict in the first place!

the end result in s.africa is/was also really significant & interesting
too, in that to actually 'solve' their problems, the oppressive right-wing
in s.africa ultimately MERGED with the left and as such BOTH sides ceased
to exist?? (wow)

just exactly what that equates to for the REST of the world system is,
however, unknown...

it's difficult to even 'imagine' what shape/form such a similar change
might take, assuming we do actually make the grade and evolve rather than
dying, that is...

a new spirit of global co-operation 'rather' than competition perhaps??

so it's all very interesting indeed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek0SgwWmF9w

"like some kind of madness" ;)

interests / alt.dreams.castaneda / history in the making: - Israel rejects claims of genocide levelled in World Court