"The Schizophrenic: An Unauthorized Autobiography"

interests / alt.home.repair / Recorded calls - - penalty?

SubjectAuthor
* Recorded calls - - penalty?Ed P
`* Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?Frank
 `* Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?Ed P
  +* Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?hubops
  |+* Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?Frank
  ||`- Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?hubops
  |+* Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?Ed P
  ||`* Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?hubops
  || +- Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?Bob F
  || `* Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?Ed P
  ||  `* Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?Ed P
  ||   `- Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?Retirednoguilt
  |`- Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?micky
  `* Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?Retirednoguilt
   +- Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?Ed P
   +* Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?micky
   |`- Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?micky
   +- Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?Ralph Mowery
   `- Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?hubops

1
Recorded calls - - penalty?

<662fc443$0$2363149$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57701&group=alt.home.repair#57701

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:01:08 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
Subject: Recorded calls - - penalty?
 by: Ed P - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 16:01 UTC

I think I'm in big trouble.

This morning I got a call from a telemarketer and he told me I could
have my ducts cleaned for $99 and they would do the dryer vent for FREE.
He had all the information, like the address of the house I sold 5
years ago.

I told him what I thought of his company and sadly, I used the F word.
He then told me "this call is being recorded". OMG, the FCC will
probably be at my door for using bad language on a phone call. Will I
do jail time? With luck, can I get off with just a fine?

I suggested he use the recording and play it back at the office party.

Oh, I got the same call last week from some outfit. They also had my
old information. I made an appointment for tomorrow morning. Along the
same line, the solar panel guy was not happy after he showed up there
last week. He had a fake name I sometimes use for telemarketers.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<v0ohij$1rddj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57702&group=alt.home.repair#57702

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Subject: Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:23:46 -0400
 by: Frank - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 16:23 UTC

On 4/29/2024 12:01 PM, Ed P wrote:
> I think I'm in big trouble.
>
> This morning I got a call from a telemarketer and he told me I could
> have my ducts cleaned for $99 and they would do the dryer vent for FREE.
>   He had all the information, like the address of the house I sold 5
> years ago.
>
> I told him what I thought of his company and sadly, I used the F word.
> He then told me "this call is being recorded".  OMG, the FCC will
> probably be at my door for using bad language on a phone call.  Will I
> do jail time?  With luck, can I get off with just a fine?
>
> I suggested he use the recording and play it back at the office party.
>
> Oh, I got the same call last week from some outfit.  They also had my
> old information.  I made an appointment for tomorrow morning.  Along the
> same line, the solar panel guy was not happy after he showed up there
> last week.  He had a fake name I sometimes use for telemarketers.

My wife said I could go to jail for what I say to these people.

I told her I would be a millionaire off a go fund me account.

My fav was the woman that said she did not appreciate my profanity.
I told her, "If you do not like my profanity, don't fucking call me."

Then there was the lady that snarkily said, "Oh, you do not want me
calling you?"

To which I said, "Either that or shove the phone up your ass."

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<662fcd23$0$2363137$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57704&group=alt.home.repair#57704

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:39:00 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 16:39 UTC

On 4/29/2024 12:23 PM, Frank wrote:
> On 4/29/2024 12:01 PM, Ed P wrote:
>> I think I'm in big trouble.
>>
>> This morning I got a call from a telemarketer and he told me I could
>> have my ducts cleaned for $99 and they would do the dryer vent for
>> FREE.    He had all the information, like the address of the house I
>> sold 5 years ago.
>>
>> I told him what I thought of his company and sadly, I used the F word.
>> He then told me "this call is being recorded".  OMG, the FCC will
>> probably be at my door for using bad language on a phone call.  Will I
>> do jail time?  With luck, can I get off with just a fine?
>>
>> I suggested he use the recording and play it back at the office party.
>>
>> Oh, I got the same call last week from some outfit.  They also had my
>> old information.  I made an appointment for tomorrow morning.  Along
>> the same line, the solar panel guy was not happy after he showed up
>> there last week.  He had a fake name I sometimes use for telemarketers.
>
> My wife said I could go to jail for what I say to these people.
>
> I told her I would be a millionaire off a go fund me account.
>
> My fav was the woman that said she did not appreciate my profanity.
> I told her, "If you do not like my profanity, don't fucking call me."
>
> Then there was the lady that snarkily said, "Oh, you do not want me
> calling you?"
>
> To which I said, "Either that or shove the phone up your ass."

Hey, we could be cell mates!
At 8:05 yesterday morning a woman told me I was rude.

She wanted to hook me up with solar panels and said "I'll be brief" so
in turn I said I'd be brief too. "fuck off"

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<mbkv2j1ukpbl83b7g46rbnsu3ns3n6jcvo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57706&group=alt.home.repair#57706

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 13:13:21 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 17:13 UTC

On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:39:00 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>On 4/29/2024 12:23 PM, Frank wrote:
>> On 4/29/2024 12:01 PM, Ed P wrote:
>>> I think I'm in big trouble.
>>>
>>> This morning I got a call from a telemarketer and he told me I could
>>> have my ducts cleaned for $99 and they would do the dryer vent for
>>> FREE.    He had all the information, like the address of the house I
>>> sold 5 years ago.
>>>
>>> I told him what I thought of his company and sadly, I used the F word.
>>> He then told me "this call is being recorded".  OMG, the FCC will
>>> probably be at my door for using bad language on a phone call.  Will I
>>> do jail time?  With luck, can I get off with just a fine?
>>>
>>> I suggested he use the recording and play it back at the office party.
>>>
>>> Oh, I got the same call last week from some outfit.  They also had my
>>> old information.  I made an appointment for tomorrow morning.  Along
>>> the same line, the solar panel guy was not happy after he showed up
>>> there last week.  He had a fake name I sometimes use for telemarketers.
>>
>> My wife said I could go to jail for what I say to these people.
>>
>> I told her I would be a millionaire off a go fund me account.
>>
>> My fav was the woman that said she did not appreciate my profanity.
>> I told her, "If you do not like my profanity, don't fucking call me."
>>
>> Then there was the lady that snarkily said, "Oh, you do not want me
>> calling you?"
>>
>> To which I said, "Either that or shove the phone up your ass."
>
>Hey, we could be cell mates!
>At 8:05 yesterday morning a woman told me I was rude.
>
>She wanted to hook me up with solar panels and said "I'll be brief" so
>in turn I said I'd be brief too. "fuck off"

Grumpy Old Men .. :-)
I must live a charmed life - I get a real-person phone-sales call
maybe every 2 or 3 weeks, if that. If it doesn't go to voicemail,
I politely decline and say "Have a nice day."
I once knew a nice lady who was between jobs and found work
doing phone-sales - and I think of her before being rude to someone
else who is forced into a crappy job to pay-the-rent.

More often it's a robo call which I let go to voicemail -
< never leaving any actual message, thankfully >
... it's futile to get upset over those - carry on & be happy.
John T.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<v0opq9$1th02$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57708&group=alt.home.repair#57708

From: "fran...@frank.net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 14:44:24 -0400
 by: Frank - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 18:44 UTC

On 4/29/2024 1:13 PM, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:39:00 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>>> My wife said I could go to jail for what I say to these people.
>>>
>>> I told her I would be a millionaire off a go fund me account.
>>>
>>> My fav was the woman that said she did not appreciate my profanity.
>>> I told her, "If you do not like my profanity, don't fucking call me."
>>>
>>> Then there was the lady that snarkily said, "Oh, you do not want me
>>> calling you?"
>>>
>>> To which I said, "Either that or shove the phone up your ass."
>>
>> Hey, we could be cell mates!
>> At 8:05 yesterday morning a woman told me I was rude.
>>
>> She wanted to hook me up with solar panels and said "I'll be brief" so
>> in turn I said I'd be brief too. "fuck off"
>>

> Grumpy Old Men .. :-)
> I must live a charmed life - I get a real-person phone-sales call
> maybe every 2 or 3 weeks, if that. If it doesn't go to voicemail,
> I politely decline and say "Have a nice day."
> I once knew a nice lady who was between jobs and found work
> doing phone-sales - and I think of her before being rude to someone
> else who is forced into a crappy job to pay-the-rent.
>
> More often it's a robo call which I let go to voicemail -
> < never leaving any actual message, thankfully >
> .. it's futile to get upset over those - carry on & be happy.
> John T.

The guy that sticks a gun in your ribs may be starving too but I have no
sympathy.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<662fecd4$0$2363133$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57709&group=alt.home.repair#57709

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 14:54:13 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 18:54 UTC

On 4/29/2024 1:13 PM, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:39:00 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>>> My wife said I could go to jail for what I say to these people.
>>>
>>> I told her I would be a millionaire off a go fund me account.
>>>
>>> My fav was the woman that said she did not appreciate my profanity.
>>> I told her, "If you do not like my profanity, don't fucking call me."
>>>
>>> Then there was the lady that snarkily said, "Oh, you do not want me
>>> calling you?"
>>>
>>> To which I said, "Either that or shove the phone up your ass."
>>
>> Hey, we could be cell mates!
>> At 8:05 yesterday morning a woman told me I was rude.
>>
>> She wanted to hook me up with solar panels and said "I'll be brief" so
>> in turn I said I'd be brief too. "fuck off"
>>

> Grumpy Old Men .. :-)
> I must live a charmed life - I get a real-person phone-sales call
> maybe every 2 or 3 weeks, if that. If it doesn't go to voicemail,
> I politely decline and say "Have a nice day."
> I once knew a nice lady who was between jobs and found work
> doing phone-sales - and I think of her before being rude to someone
> else who is forced into a crappy job to pay-the-rent.
>
> More often it's a robo call which I let go to voicemail -
> < never leaving any actual message, thankfully >
> .. it's futile to get upset over those - carry on & be happy.
> John T.

On my cell phone, I got one that I answered, 12 that came up as "spam
risk" and it is not quite 3PM yet.

Grumpy? Nah, I have the time to irritate them so while I do, they are
not scamming some old lady.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<icsv2jl0qnlhpd15gs7hobcdae1cosvm2k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57710&group=alt.home.repair#57710

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 15:17:51 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 19:17 UTC

>> Grumpy Old Men .. :-)
>> I must live a charmed life - I get a real-person phone-sales call
>> maybe every 2 or 3 weeks, if that. If it doesn't go to voicemail,
>> I politely decline and say "Have a nice day."
>> I once knew a nice lady who was between jobs and found work
>> doing phone-sales - and I think of her before being rude to someone
>> else who is forced into a crappy job to pay-the-rent.
>> John T.
>
>The guy that sticks a gun in your ribs may be starving too but I have no
>sympathy.

That guy wouldn't make me think of my dear departed sister-in-law.
It's so very easy to just say " No thanks bye bye. "
John T.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<4lsv2j975lshn1pse7hhfqsa17c9rvnu1i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57711&group=alt.home.repair#57711

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 15:21:41 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 19:21 UTC

>On my cell phone, I got one that I answered, 12 that came up as "spam
>risk" and it is not quite 3PM yet.
>Grumpy? Nah, I have the time to irritate them so while I do, they are
>not scamming some old lady.

Has it occurred to you that they might enjoy adding your number to
_all the scam lists on the web_ because of your
.. helping a little old lady ?
John T.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<v0ova4$1urft$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57712&group=alt.home.repair#57712

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 13:18:02 -0700
 by: Bob F - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 20:18 UTC

On 4/29/2024 12:21 PM, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:

>> On my cell phone, I got one that I answered, 12 that came up as "spam
>> risk" and it is not quite 3PM yet.
>> Grumpy? Nah, I have the time to irritate them so while I do, they are
>> not scamming some old lady.
>>

> Has it occurred to you that they might enjoy adding your number to
> _all the scam lists on the web_ because of your
> .. helping a little old lady ?
> John T.

Because they want you to waste the time of everyone else like them?

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<ea003jpqeq8pfgq65roavdj6qh30h9kram@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57713&group=alt.home.repair#57713

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 16:26:43 -0400
 by: micky - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 20:26 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 29 Apr 2024 13:13:21 -0400,
hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:39:00 -0400, Ed P <esp@snet.xxx> wrote:

>>> My wife said I could go to jail for what I say to these people.
>>>
>>> I told her I would be a millionaire off a go fund me account.
>>>
>>> My fav was the woman that said she did not appreciate my profanity.
>>> I told her, "If you do not like my profanity, don't fucking call me."
>>>
>>> Then there was the lady that snarkily said, "Oh, you do not want me
>>> calling you?"
>>>
>>> To which I said, "Either that or shove the phone up your ass."
>>
>>Hey, we could be cell mates!
>>At 8:05 yesterday morning a woman told me I was rude.
>>
>>She wanted to hook me up with solar panels and said "I'll be brief" so
>>in turn I said I'd be brief too. "fuck off"
>>

> Grumpy Old Men .. :-)
>I must live a charmed life - I get a real-person phone-sales call
> maybe every 2 or 3 weeks, if that. If it doesn't go to voicemail,
>I politely decline and say "Have a nice day."

The reason you get few calls is clear. People who go into direct sales
for things people don't want are masochists, and you are not fulfilling
their needs. They talk among themselves and they know not to call you.
>I once knew a nice lady who was between jobs and found work
>doing phone-sales - and I think of her before being rude to someone
>else who is forced into a crappy job to pay-the-rent.

I knew a nice man who was between jobs and found work as a hit-man. And
I think of him before being rude to someone else who is forced into a
crappy job to pay-the-rent.

Just kidding. I know there is a big difference.

>More often it's a robo call which I let go to voicemail -
> < never leaving any actual message, thankfully >
>.. it's futile to get upset over those - carry on & be happy.
> John T.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<66300597$0$2363133$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57715&group=alt.home.repair#57715

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 16:39:51 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 20:39 UTC

On 4/29/2024 3:21 PM, hubops@ccanoemail.com wrote:

>> On my cell phone, I got one that I answered, 12 that came up as "spam
>> risk" and it is not quite 3PM yet.
>> Grumpy? Nah, I have the time to irritate them so while I do, they are
>> not scamming some old lady.
>>

> Has it occurred to you that they might enjoy adding your number to
> _all the scam lists on the web_ because of your
> .. helping a little old lady ?
> John T.

The robo dialers just do number after number. Automation at its best.
Very few have any idea who they are talking to. A few will disconnect
one the computer sees my number.

My landline I've had the same number for 6 years now, but a few times a
week, I get calls for Dan. He is the previous person that had the
number. I've made appointments for him too. Roof inspection, duct
cleaning, etc. Nice guy that I am, one legitimate business called about
AC service so I told them he no longer has the number and they said it
would be corrected. The third time they called, weeks later, I made an
appointment with them too.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<6630113b$1$2363140$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57716&group=alt.home.repair#57716

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 17:29:32 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 21:29 UTC

This is your cable company.

The scammer says they will reduce my price to $79 for cable and internet
for the nest four years. I do have to pay a $199 charge up front.

Most ask for the credit card, but I guess a couple of new guys could not
take credit cards but I could mail them a check or money order and they
gave an address.

Of course, I sent them something in the mail. I bet they were excited
to see the envelope. Inside was a "check" and a photo that I found off
a gay porn web page. I image they enjoyed that. Once in was in NJ, the
other time it was Texas.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<v0r8o0$2j21c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57728&group=alt.home.repair#57728

From: HapilyRe...@fakeaddress.com (Retirednoguilt)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:11:27 -0400
 by: Retirednoguilt - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 17:11 UTC

On 4/29/2024 12:39 PM, Ed P wrote:
> On 4/29/2024 12:23 PM, Frank wrote:
>> On 4/29/2024 12:01 PM, Ed P wrote:
>>> I think I'm in big trouble.
>>>
>>> This morning I got a call from a telemarketer and he told me I could
>>> have my ducts cleaned for $99 and they would do the dryer vent for
>>> FREE.    He had all the information, like the address of the house I
>>> sold 5 years ago.
>>>
>>> I told him what I thought of his company and sadly, I used the F word.
>>> He then told me "this call is being recorded".  OMG, the FCC will
>>> probably be at my door for using bad language on a phone call.  Will I
>>> do jail time?  With luck, can I get off with just a fine?
>>>
>>> I suggested he use the recording and play it back at the office party.
>>>
>>> Oh, I got the same call last week from some outfit.  They also had my
>>> old information.  I made an appointment for tomorrow morning.  Along
>>> the same line, the solar panel guy was not happy after he showed up
>>> there last week.  He had a fake name I sometimes use for telemarketers.
>>
>> My wife said I could go to jail for what I say to these people.
>>
>> I told her I would be a millionaire off a go fund me account.
>>
>> My fav was the woman that said she did not appreciate my profanity.
>> I told her, "If you do not like my profanity, don't fucking call me."
>>
>> Then there was the lady that snarkily said, "Oh, you do not want me
>> calling you?"
>>
>> To which I said, "Either that or shove the phone up your ass."
>
> Hey, we could be cell mates!
> At 8:05 yesterday morning a woman told me I was rude.
>
> She wanted to hook me up with solar panels and said "I'll be brief" so
> in turn I said I'd be brief too. "fuck off"

Why do some of you answer calls from unknown callers? Let the call go
to voice mail. Most of the scammers won't leave a message. If it's a
valid call, many will. If it's an important call, they almost certainly
will. Personally, I don't waste my time and adrenaline on answering
calls with "unknown caller", just a city name as the caller's name, a
caller's number of more than 10 digits, or a name entirely unknown to me.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<v0r8vg$2j21c$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57731&group=alt.home.repair#57731

From: HapilyRe...@fakeaddress.com (Retirednoguilt)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:15:27 -0400
 by: Retirednoguilt - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 17:15 UTC

On 4/29/2024 5:29 PM, Ed P wrote:

> This is your cable company.
>
> The scammer says they will reduce my price to $79 for cable and internet
> for the nest four years. I do have to pay a $199 charge up front.
>
> Most ask for the credit card, but I guess a couple of new guys could not
> take credit cards but I could mail them a check or money order and they
> gave an address.
>
> Of course, I sent them something in the mail. I bet they were excited
> to see the envelope. Inside was a "check" and a photo that I found off
> a gay porn web page. I image they enjoyed that. Once in was in NJ, the
> other time it was Texas.

I promise not to ask why you spend your time researching gay porn web sites.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<66312aa1$0$2363148$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57735&group=alt.home.repair#57735

Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:30:10 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
From: esp...@snet.xxx (Ed P)
 by: Ed P - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 17:30 UTC

On 4/30/2024 1:11 PM, Retirednoguilt wrote:
> On 4/29/2024 12:39 PM, Ed P wrote:

>>> My wife said I could go to jail for what I say to these people.
>>>
>>> I told her I would be a millionaire off a go fund me account.
>>>
>>> My fav was the woman that said she did not appreciate my profanity.
>>> I told her, "If you do not like my profanity, don't fucking call me."
>>>
>>> Then there was the lady that snarkily said, "Oh, you do not want me
>>> calling you?"
>>>
>>> To which I said, "Either that or shove the phone up your ass."
>>
>> Hey, we could be cell mates!
>> At 8:05 yesterday morning a woman told me I was rude.
>>
>> She wanted to hook me up with solar panels and said "I'll be brief" so
>> in turn I said I'd be brief too. "fuck off"
>
> Why do some of you answer calls from unknown callers? Let the call go
> to voice mail. Most of the scammers won't leave a message. If it's a
> valid call, many will. If it's an important call, they almost certainly
> will. Personally, I don't waste my time and adrenaline on answering
> calls with "unknown caller", just a city name as the caller's name, a
> caller's number of more than 10 digits, or a name entirely unknown to me.

Why? I often have the time to annoy the caller. No other reason.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<cgb23jl06uo24p10nrf5143ov4eeurr114@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57736&group=alt.home.repair#57736

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:46:12 -0400
 by: micky - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 17:46 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:11:27 -0400, Retirednoguilt
<HapilyRetired@fakeaddress.com> wrote:

>On 4/29/2024 12:39 PM, Ed P wrote:

>>> My wife said I could go to jail for what I say to these people.
>>>
>>> I told her I would be a millionaire off a go fund me account.
>>>
>>> My fav was the woman that said she did not appreciate my profanity.
>>> I told her, "If you do not like my profanity, don't fucking call me."
>>>
>>> Then there was the lady that snarkily said, "Oh, you do not want me
>>> calling you?"
>>>
>>> To which I said, "Either that or shove the phone up your ass."
>>
>> Hey, we could be cell mates!
>> At 8:05 yesterday morning a woman told me I was rude.
>>
>> She wanted to hook me up with solar panels and said "I'll be brief" so
>> in turn I said I'd be brief too. "fuck off"
>
>Why do some of you answer calls from unknown callers? Let the call go

I may have already won, from the Publisher's Clearing House.

Also, some days no one I know calls and I get lonely.

Also, I long for the days when I answsered every phone call.

>to voice mail. Most of the scammers won't leave a message. If it's a
>valid call, many will. If it's an important call, they almost certainly
>will. Personally, I don't waste my time and adrenaline on answering
>calls with "unknown caller", just a city name as the caller's name, a
>caller's number of more than 10 digits, or a name entirely unknown to me.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<MPG.409b23cff26dc37c989f66@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57743&group=alt.home.repair#57743

From: rmower...@charter.net (Ralph Mowery)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 16:51:17 -0400
 by: Ralph Mowery - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 20:51 UTC

In article <v0r8o0$2j21c$1@dont-email.me>, HapilyRetired@fakeaddress.com
says...

> Why do some of you answer calls from unknown callers? Let the call go
> to voice mail. Most of the scammers won't leave a message. If it's a
> valid call, many will. If it's an important call, they almost certainly
> will. Personally, I don't waste my time and adrenaline on answering
> calls with "unknown caller", just a city name as the caller's name, a
> caller's number of more than 10 digits, or a name entirely unknown to me.

That is what I do. If there is no name it goes to the answering
machine. I will answer a call named Wirless Caller as that is what many
cell phones seem to do.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<tpm23jdificduug1vv4hqofuvc03qrp95h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57744&group=alt.home.repair#57744

From: hub...@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 17:06:56 -0400
 by: hub...@ccanoemail.com - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 21:06 UTC

>Why do some of you answer calls from unknown callers? Let the call go
>to voice mail. Most of the scammers won't leave a message. If it's a
>valid call, many will. If it's an important call, they almost certainly
>will. Personally, I don't waste my time and adrenaline on answering
>calls with "unknown caller", just a city name as the caller's name, a
>caller's number of more than 10 digits, or a name entirely unknown to me.

Big + 1.
Life is short - why provide free entertainment for the scammers ?
... with the rapidly leaking little time that you have left.
John T.

Re: Recorded calls - - penalty?

<coo23jts18db7ru0llha5ksu2rjk8f58hh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=57745&group=alt.home.repair#57745

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.home.repair
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 17:32:37 -0400
 by: micky - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 21:32 UTC

In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:46:12 -0400, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>>Why do some of you answer calls from unknown callers? Let the call go
>
>I may have already won, from the Publisher's Clearing House.
>
>Also, some days no one I know calls and I get lonely.
>
>Also, I long for the days when I answsered every phone call.

Also, this morning I called a small museum to see if they would be open
this Sunday, and at 4 she called me back. I didn't recognize the
caller-ID and I'd forgotten that i called anyone. Yes, she would have
left a message, but I got more info by talking to her. Yes, I could
have waited until the message started and picked up then. See t4he
first 3 reasons.

interests / alt.home.repair / Recorded calls - - penalty?