If God is dead, who will save the Queen?

interests / talk.origins / TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

SubjectAuthor
* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
+* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Kerr-Mudd, John
|+* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.erik simpson
||`* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
|| `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Kerr-Mudd, John
||  +* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Athel Cornish-Bowden
||  |`* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Lawyer Daggett
||  | `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.erik simpson
||  |  `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Lawyer Daggett
||  |   +- TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.erik simpson
||  |   `- TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Bob Casanova
||  `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
||   +* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Lawyer Daggett
||   |`- TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
||   `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Kerr-Mudd, John
||    `- TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
|`* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
| `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Martin Harran
|  `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
|   `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Martin Harran
|    +- TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.zen cycle
|    `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
|     `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.*Hemidactylus*
|      `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Lawyer Daggett
|       `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.erik simpson
|        +- TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Lawyer Daggett
|        +* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
|        |+* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.*Hemidactylus*
|        ||`* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
|        || `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.*Hemidactylus*
|        ||  `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
|        ||   `* Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.*Hemidactylus*
|        ||    `- Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
|        |`* Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Mark Isaak
|        | `- Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
|        `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.*Hemidactylus*
|         `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.erik simpson
|          `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
|           `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.Kerr-Mudd, John
|            +- Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.jillery
|            `- Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
+* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.JTEM is my hero
+* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.peter2...@gmail.com
|`* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.jillery
| `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
|  `* TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.jillery
|   `- TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO
`- Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.RonO

Pages:12
TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<un29ek$2t024$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7341&group=talk.origins#7341

From: rokim...@cox.net (RonO)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Subject: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 18:23:49 -0600
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: RonO - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 00:23 UTC

We likely have to get one thing straight from the beginning. The bait
and switch strategy is a scam. There is no reason to deny reality at
this time when everyone has 20:20 hindsight into what happened. This is
just a history of what the ID scam has been. I've refrained from using
perps and rubes, so there isn't that excuse for remaining willfully
ignorant. It is all anyone should need to understand what has been
going on with the ID scam for over 20 years.

Investopedia:
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bait-switch.asp
QUOTE:
Bait and switch is a morally suspect sales tactic that lures customers
in with specific claims about the quality or low prices on items that
turn out to be unavailable in order to upsell them on a similar, pricier
item.
END QUOTE:

QUOTE:
Bait and switch tactics are often considered to be a type of fraud, and
therefore is illegal. Bait and switch scams can fall under a number of
violations, from breach of contract to false advertising.
END QUOTE:

The Discovery Institute is not running the bait and switch scam on the
science side of the issue. They run the bait and switch on the Biblical
creationists that want to support the Discovery Institute's CRSC/CSC
religious-political mission.

It should be noted that the Discovery Institute fellows who have been
participating in the bait and switch, have claimed that the Wedge
Document was just a "fund raising" document as an excuse for their
religious political goals being in their Wedge Strategy. This point is
not being made to label the Discovery Institute as a criminal
organization, but to present the obvious conclusion that the Discovery
Institute has not only used their claims of being able to teach their
intelligent design science in the public schools to attract the
creationist support in order to sell them their obfuscation and denial
switch scam (an alternative that the Discovery Institute claims has
nothing to do with their intelligent design science) but they have also
used the teach ID political ploy to obtain funding.

The Wedge document may have been written in 1998, and exposed in 1999,
it repeats the original mission statement of the Discovery Institute's
Center for Renewal of Science and Culture (the ID scam unit) and also
claims teaching ID in the public schools as one of their 5 year Wedge goals.
The Wedge document:
https://www.antievolution.org/features/wedge.pdf

One of their 5 year goals:
QUOTE:
Ten states begin to rectify ideological imbalance in their science
curricula & include design theory
END QUOTE

It is just a fact that when the Discovery Institute had convinced states
to teach ID they began running the bait and switch instead of following
through with their stated Wedge strategy. The Discovery Institute had
secured enough notoriety so that they not only had to run the bait and
switch on Ohio in March 2002, but there were 3 or 4 other states within
the next month or two that had the bait and switch run on them. I
recall Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Montana also came forward and wanted to
teach intelligent design in their public schools. The Discovery
Institute would have been well on their way to meeting their 5 year
goals, but they started running the bait and switch instead.

In politics the bait and switch is morally suspect, but not illegal
because the perpetrator can always claim that they just changed their
minds, but in the case of the ID scam, after changing their minds, they
continued to sell intelligent design as the bait to this day. So after
Ohio in 2002 all the subsequent bait and switch incidences were enacted
after the Discovery Institute's CRSC fellows had changed their minds
about being able to teach ID in the public schools.

The Thomas More lawyer defending the Dover ID creationists was fully
aware that the bait and switch was being run by the Discovery Institute,
but he called it a "strategy". The bait and switch is a political
strategy, but is morally bankrupt, and dishonest.

http://ncse.com/news/2005/10/discovery-institute-thomas-more-law-center-squabble-aei-foru-00704

QUOTE:
So that caused us some concern about exactly where was the heart of the
Discovery Institute. Was it really something of a tactical decision, was
it this strategy that they've been using, in I guess Ohio and other
places, where they've pushed school boards to go in with intelligent
design, and as soon as there's a controversy, they back off with a
compromise. And I think what was victimized by this strategy was the
Dover school board, because we could not present the expert testimony we
thought we could present
END QUOTE:

The so called "compromise" is the current obfuscation and denial teach
the controversy switch scam. For political-legal reasons the Discovery
Institute tells their creationist supporters that this switch scam has
nothing to do with ID. They tell this lie even though teaching ID in
the public schools was part of the original teach the controversy plan.

The bait and switch had gone down dozens of times before the Dover
fiasco hit the fan, and not a single group of creationist ID supporters
were given any ID science to teach in their public schools. The bait
and switch has gone down in every single instance.

During the Dover fiasco after Barbara Forrest was deposed (Dembski was
present at the deposition) for Kitzmiller, the Discovery Institute
fellows knew that the name switch from creationism to intelligent design
was going to be exposed, and half of them quit as expert witnesses.
Forrest had evidence that "Of Pandas and People" had been transformed
from a creationist textbook to intelligent design after the Supreme
Court decision that creation science wasn't any type of science that
could be taught in the public schools. Thaxton was the editor, Kenyon
was one of the two main authors. Behe admitted to writing some of
Pandas' later edition, but was not credited. Meyer had written the
teachers notes for the textbook, and Dembski was then editing the next
edition of Pandas. The drafts of Dembski's book had also been
subpoenaed, but the subpoena was dropped when Dembski ran away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Of_Pandas_and_People

Everyone should read the NCSE archive of the Thomas More lawyer incident
because it has the Discovery Institute rep lying about the Discovery
Institute claiming to be able to teach ID in the public schools, and the
More lawyer had to demonstrate that, that was a lie by pulling the
booklet on teaching ID in the public schools out of his pocket and
quoting from it. This was the booklet that the Discovery Institute used
to give out with their ID Wedge video before they started running the
bait and switch in 2002. In 2005 this booklet was still available in
pdf form for free when the Dover fiasco was occurring.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040921022045/http://www.discovery.org/scripts/viewDB/index.php?command=view&id=58

This link will take you back to a Discovery Institute web page to
download their Teach the Controversy strategy. I accessed this web page
by looking at what Wayback had backed up of the Discovery Institute web
site in mid 2005. Teaching ID was part of their "Teach the Controversy"
Wedge strategy before they started running the bait and switch on
creationist ID supporters. You can "click here" and download a pdf of
the booklet that the Thomas More lawyer quoted from. The material was
still available on the Discovery Institute web site during the Dover fiasco.

The Dover creationists had followed their recommendations in obtaining
"Of Pandas and People" to teach the ID science.

From the Conclusions:
QUOTE:
Local school boards and state education officials are frequently
pressured to avoid teaching the controversy regarding biological
origins. Indeed, many groups, such as the National Academy of Sciences,
go so far as to deny the existence of any genuine scientific controversy
about the issue.(162) Nevertheless, teachers should be reassured that
they have the right to expose their students to the problems as well as
the appeal of Darwinian theory. Moreover, as the previous discussion
demonstrates, school boards have the authority to permit, and even
encourage, teaching about design theory as an alternative to Darwinian
evolution--and this includes the use of textbooks such as Of Pandas and
People that present evidence for the theory of intelligent design.
END QUOTE:

Original mission statement of the Discovery Institute CRSC (Center for
Renewal of Science and Culture):
http://web.archive.org/web/19980114111554/http://discovery.org/crsc/aboutcrsc.html

QUOTE:
THE proposition that human beings are created in the image of God is one
of the bedrock principles on which Western civilization was built. Its
influence can be detected in most, if not all, of the West's greatest
achievements, including representative democracy, human rights, free
enterprise, and progress in the arts and sciences.
END QUOTE:

QUOTE:
Discovery Institute's Center for the Renewal of Science and Culture
seeks nothing less than the overthrow of materialism and its damning
cultural legacies. Bringing together leading scholars from the natural
sciences and those from the humanities and social sciences, the Center
explores how new developments in biology, physics and cognitive science
raise serious doubts about scientific materialism and have re-opened the
case for the supernatural. The Center awards fellowships for original
research, holds conferences, and briefs policymakers about the
opportunities for life after materialism.
END QUOTE:

Click here to read the complete article
Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<20240103164937.a7a67bd6c516eb8193d6c74a@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7356&group=talk.origins#7356

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 16:49:37 +0000
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 16:49 UTC

On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 18:23:49 -0600
RonO <rokimoto@cox.net> wrote:

> We likely have to get one thing straight from the beginning. The bait
> and switch strategy is a scam. There is no reason to deny reality at

[screed]

Hallelujah, brother!

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<b210efde-5154-4070-818e-1c4a8533e63e@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7357&group=talk.origins#7357

From: eastside...@gmail.com (erik simpson)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 08:53:49 -0800
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
id 59C56229786; Wed, 3 Jan 2024 11:51:49 -0500 (EST)
by beagle.ediacara.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 15155229767
for <talk-origins@ediacara.org>; Wed, 3 Jan 2024 11:51:47 -0500 (EST)
by moderators.individual.net (Exim 4.95)
for talk-origins@moderators.isc.org with esmtps (TLS1.3)
tls TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
(envelope-from <eastside.erik@gmail.com>)
id 1rL4VN-0049Sg-Fa; Wed, 03 Jan 2024 17:54:09 +0100
for <talk-origins@moderators.isc.org>; Wed, 03 Jan 2024 08:53:52 -0800 (PST)
d=gmail.com; s=20230601; t=1704300830; x=1704905630; darn=moderators.isc.org;
h=content-transfer-encoding:in-reply-to:from:references:newsgroups:to
:content-language:subject:user-agent:mime-version:date:message-id
:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=LF09ugJXcqVEc9PoqzmUfP/m2+ajN0OlFRlMXRzL6t0=;
b=TAu0/IbzGZBQVrumTBpzGxCw9W+hcXKOaxIsYRr+OAZxXYbDPqU+kvqyQrQqeO8WBD
lYli+ZuvbkqhwjuOQbnPCoe5YTLCqZksxkuTVSYEhp876e0wVKxOPGgjZumttYsHdpSE
RWseyhQfD19g1wIQBUHxFALMw+4ZNSqXCj7flbi2SZyaTexFs8vh5BITIvufrmIPlHk7
WZ6jRgvlYu4eIdhAXNmYDVItZdUuhS06/srFlFToRowVTiY7pUxFUF4s0I/NmB7J11rl
dCUoHD1EXlaNN4NR/LsHZ9Qc2FSASoWWYzt9E/XogG7BADL8rZFqhYAFu/JosbXNF6iR
c/Gw==
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1704300830; x=1704905630;
h=content-transfer-encoding:in-reply-to:from:references:newsgroups:to
:content-language:subject:user-agent:mime-version:date:message-id
:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=LF09ugJXcqVEc9PoqzmUfP/m2+ajN0OlFRlMXRzL6t0=;
b=sawChpsWQ7UJ8vzCckecmOSc2uoi5mjXYUyZvcEUc7nxZ9vlbk9yNtSR3F3NUiyiVM
KACTIPHpP/AHieN3Yf7IzAWIlKDB3rOuw2oi1W/VRnyIMt9smvL4PeXUgY6B7ygVi/r0
CQzBOeGBfLRazmxPkwcYaTGutlWV6pjCuuYvqGJ6xzme4xcwTdQufriwItUR/fmLf4Z1
YX7BdvQIIb+GFJt9I0LsjU+hCg+5NNjzkumHiiBk1N6EaZJ3Fm1GSfkvpqxL2nzKZVP+
mtPwV1Cmk4aEATImJLEICs6UGYWjs6q3yS3pEz5fYN1f/wQGKs2c5Ov6JjC9uvPbCOsM
skyg==
 by: erik simpson - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 16:53 UTC

On 1/3/24 8:49 AM, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 18:23:49 -0600
> RonO <rokimoto@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> We likely have to get one thing straight from the beginning. The bait
>> and switch strategy is a scam. There is no reason to deny reality at
>
> [screed]
>
> Hallelujah, brother!

Amen! Can we go on now?

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<1464795a-b3a8-4d98-96f7-b69f4285a03en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7363&group=talk.origins#7363

From: jte...@gmail.com (JTEM is my hero)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 12:23:24 -0800 (PST)
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
id AB987229786; Wed, 3 Jan 2024 15:21:21 -0500 (EST)
by beagle.ediacara.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 679BE229767
for <talk-origins@ediacara.org>; Wed, 3 Jan 2024 15:21:19 -0500 (EST)
by moderators.individual.net (Exim 4.95)
for talk-origins@moderators.isc.org with esmtps (TLS1.3)
tls TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
(envelope-from <news@google.com>)
id 1rL7mA-000C9g-21; Wed, 03 Jan 2024 21:23:42 +0100
for <talk-origins@moderators.isc.org>; Wed, 03 Jan 2024 12:23:25 -0800 (PST)
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1704313404; x=1704918204;
h=to:injection-date:from:subject:message-id:mime-version:user-agent
:references:nntp-posting-host:injection-info:in-reply-to:date
:newsgroups:path:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date
:message-id:reply-to;
bh=B0URXhVp/v2u57HkqvVAVNK7FkAurh0aw1q2THo1gpg=;
b=pCLHrbwxXhLYrYwBV3PyTO+JXW9GK0PuG3oFwZssRL/L6Bl5XeMkgkQYnSBSTFPhoN
qRMog6uGmNOqi+4zylgv6VZ/GrUtjaq9d0tNHWyC8Oej8RJYY71mOmpTRYc+dx3c8cCu
8giIINAQzFbtCUF7DpolRvZifJHfy8ufGFo6aZ0Tiz4IzcVQNxyGsMYh3RQ9XoTMc6Lr
ZByZ8+3+AJvmEKRF3PdR9Q5Xv6KyQYCs4gVIjft+kDvXcDhcW39QwOgt6DrmdXXg/R/B
ROBrNIPvfQob9vKPfWjrSoxF799URwIXcCj2dMVOckUBRU2WXZhUvCSUl26c8u3hy/Qd
XxXw==
 by: JTEM is my hero - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 20:23 UTC

Why is the rape of science in the case of evolution bad, while
the rape of science in the case of our climate good?

"Consistency is the greatest sin of the Clown World," to
quote myself.

I.D. had it's day and it may yet rise again, but right now there
are *Vastly* larger threats to science and education going on,
and you can't even tell them apart from real science.

Again: Gwobull Warbling!

Prioritize.

-- --

https://rumble.com/vqwxtc-the-worst-of-watch-this-volume-ii.html

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<fdb942da-1b3e-4a1b-8442-39a4d6389680n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7367&group=talk.origins#7367

From: peter2ny...@gmail.com (peter2...@gmail.com)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 14:18:02 -0800 (PST)
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1704320282; x=1704925082;
h=content-transfer-encoding:to:injection-date:from:subject:message-id
:mime-version:user-agent:references:nntp-posting-host:injection-info
:in-reply-to:date:newsgroups:path:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc
:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=GCCr9JVmNy+C0zdXgdxFrJ3SOQbtEzNbnzGp1Y8ca+U=;
b=ImAdMvXeNDWaRONFvjLLiXZKZ8tIXML8nStKK6HjbBnJvhdM5D0r8wpy8aYaHg8h5L
MYez22ni/JW47invk40bRQWOVHglEdkmPloQOm8cuwRQNbb3/eX1o1kdy1rBzsDH6Zkc
AVkfcVtZqlLvARh3M5PXgi3CB2OGCNNUkuEM2oIXELbSZcDZ5oiy1ZLCMum0XF552PbB
iaQy/6YF5oxbgG/l21p0IsX9XPH2CcdwS7fwsWrdux/ZrRyW04qlr64yiah51wA5IMGO
FTn84gENLgDd857fMlUHsky7KaXnTxF6Dq89jYAsYcKwPfq5viW2yyEofs7ycFOTFbA2
6MBw==
 by: peter2...@gmail.com - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 22:18 UTC

Synopsis: Ron O lives about two decades in the past.
He completely missed a 2007 book by Michael Behe in his interminable ramblings below.

On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 7:27:29 PM UTC-5, RonO wrote:

> We likely have to get one thing straight from the beginning.

And that is that the use of the phrase "Intelligent Design creationist" to designate
Intelligent design [ID for short] is a scam that permeates all kinds of places
on the internet. Laurence A. Moran of "Sandwalk" is a prime practitioner
of this scam, as is RonO.

I've been reading the chapter "What Darwinism Can Do" in Behe's 2007 book,
_The Edge of Evolution_, and he very strongly argues there for the reality of common descent
and for the brilliance of Darwin's insights -- as far as they went.

Here is just one excerpt showing this:

"there's no reason to doubt that Darwin had this point right, that all creatures on earth are biological relatives." --p. 72.

There's plenty of arguments right on that page and the two preceding it, for this claim.
No wonder everyone here except me is afraid to talk about this book -- for opposite reasons!

>The bait and switch strategy is a scam.

Another perennial scam by RonO is the allegation of a "bait and switch"
strategy while giving only evidence of what would be a switch if there
were any bait. He never was able to cite one example of bait since 2002.

>There is no reason to deny reality at
> this time when everyone has 20:20 hindsight into what happened.

Ron O is in massive denial about the significance of what happened,
despite access to 20-20 hindsight.

>This is
> just a history of what the ID scam has been. I've refrained from using
> perps and rubes, so there isn't that excuse for remaining willfully
> ignorant. It is all anyone should need to understand what has been
> going on with the ID scam for over 20 years.

<snip definitions of "bait and switch" which do more to show Ron O's
guilt than that of the DI:>

> The Discovery Institute is not running the bait and switch scam on the
> science side of the issue. They run the bait and switch on the Biblical
> creationists that want to support the Discovery Institute's CRSC/CSC
> religious-political mission.

It would be more true to claim that the Biblical creationists misuse
the Discovery Institute with cherry-picking. And even more true
in the case of Behe, where misusing him is as bad as misusing Stephen Jay Gould
with quote-mines.

> It should be noted that the Discovery Institute fellows who have been
> participating in the bait and switch, have claimed that the Wedge
> Document was just a "fund raising" document as an excuse for their
> religious political goals being in their Wedge Strategy.

These goals were jettisoned when it became obvious that the
Wedge Strategy was a pipe dream. Here, as in many other
aspects of what he writes in the massive posts, Ron O is
ca. 2 decades behind the times.

> This point is
> not being made to label the Discovery Institute as a criminal
> organization, but to present the obvious conclusion that the Discovery
> Institute has not only used their claims of being able to teach their
> intelligent design science in the public schools

No later than Phillip Johnson's "jaw dropping admission" that the
science for THIS wasn't there, it had become obvious that the bits and pieces
that are valid, like in _The Edge of Evolution_, could only be taught
on the advanced undergraduate level, or the graduate level.

You can read about what Johnson had said FAR, FAR below my virtual .sig
that follows, and thereby see what 20-20 hindsight is really all about.

Peter Nyikos
Professor, Dept. of Mathematics -- standard disclaimer--
University of South Carolina
https://people.math.sc.edu/nyikos

PS Nothing Ron O wrote below has been deleted below

<un4vb9$3cp89$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7371&group=talk.origins#7371

From: rokim...@cox.net (RonO)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:49:48 -0600
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: RonO - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 00:49 UTC

On 1/3/2024 10:49 AM, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 18:23:49 -0600
> RonO <rokimoto@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> We likely have to get one thing straight from the beginning. The bait
>> and switch strategy is a scam. There is no reason to deny reality at
>
> [screed]
>
> Hallelujah, brother!

Nyikosian snipping and running from reality is stupid. You can remain
willfully ignorant, but what good does it do you the next time that you
screw up because of your ignorance. Joining in with the others when you
didn't know what was going on isn't anything worth doing.

You might want to try to figure out what things would be like if ID had
not been a scam for over 20 years. What if they had never started
running the bait and switch, but had gone through with their original
Wedge strategy of teaching the junk in the public schools instead of
running the bait and switch. You have 20:20 hind sight, and you know
what the result of Kitzmiller was, so what do you think would be the
case, right now if the ID perps had not started running the bait and
switch scam over 20 years ago?

Ron Okimoto

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<un4vg5$3cp89$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7372&group=talk.origins#7372

From: rokim...@cox.net (RonO)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:52:24 -0600
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: RonO - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 00:52 UTC

On 1/3/2024 10:53 AM, erik simpson wrote:
> On 1/3/24 8:49 AM, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 18:23:49 -0600
>> RonO <rokimoto@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> We likely have to get one thing straight from the beginning.  The bait
>>> and switch strategy is a scam.  There is no reason to deny reality at
>>
>> [screed]
>>
>> Hallelujah, brother!
>>
> Amen! Can we go on now?

You guys can all accept reality and stop whinning about perps and rubes
when they are just a fact of life. If you aren't prepared to do that,
you might want to try to figure out what has been going on for over 20
years. All the evidence that you need is there in the material that was
snipped out. If you can't remember what happened you have links to
remind you.

Ron Okimoto

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<un4vpk$3cp89$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7373&group=talk.origins#7373

From: rokim...@cox.net (RonO)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:57:26 -0600
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
id 8F943229786; Wed, 3 Jan 2024 19:55:13 -0500 (EST)
by beagle.ediacara.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 55245229767
for <talk-origins@ediacara.org>; Wed, 3 Jan 2024 19:55:11 -0500 (EST)
by moderators.individual.net (Exim 4.95)
for talk-origins@moderators.isc.org with esmtps (TLS1.2)
tls TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
(envelope-from <news@eternal-september.org>)
id 1rLC3C-000VrG-3t; Thu, 04 Jan 2024 01:57:34 +0100
(using TLSv1.2 with cipher ADH-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits))
(No client certificate requested)
by smtp.eternal-september.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 1104E760419
for <talk-origins@moderators.isc.org>; Thu, 4 Jan 2024 00:57:25 +0000 (UTC)
 by: RonO - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 00:57 UTC

On 1/3/2024 2:23 PM, JTEM is my hero wrote:

> Why is the rape of science in the case of evolution bad, while
> the rape of science in the case of our climate good?
>
> "Consistency is the greatest sin of the Clown World," to
> quote myself.
>
> I.D. had it's day and it may yet rise again, but right now there
> are *Vastly* larger threats to science and education going on,
> and you can't even tell them apart from real science.
>
> Again: Gwobull Warbling!
>
> Prioritize.
>

> -- --
>
> https://rumble.com/vqwxtc-the-worst-of-watch-this-volume-ii.html

Just a matter of fact history of what went down. You might have read it
to find that out. The links to what happened still exist, so that you
can verify it all for yourself. It is about ignoring reality, and not
about how stupid and dishonest everyone knows ID is today. The bait and
switch will go down on the next group of rubes that want to believe the
scam artists. There isn't much doubt that any effort will fail even if
they ignore the scam artists and try to teach the junk anyway. We
already have Dover as an example of that.

Ron Okimoto

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<4tkcpi16uv7eh2i0gtiabp513vimmvbrml@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7377&group=talk.origins#7377

From: 69jpi...@gmail.com (jillery)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2024 01:47:31 -0500
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: jillery - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 06:47 UTC

On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 14:18:02 -0800 (PST), "peter2...@gmail.com"
<peter2nyikos@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip for focus>

>I've been reading the chapter "What Darwinism Can Do" in Behe's 2007 book,
>_The Edge of Evolution_, and he very strongly argues there for the reality of common descent
>and for the brilliance of Darwin's insights -- as far as they went.
>
>Here is just one excerpt showing this:
>
>"there's no reason to doubt that Darwin had this point right, that all creatures on earth are biological relatives." --p. 72.
>
>There's plenty of arguments right on that page and the two preceding it, for this claim.
>No wonder everyone here except me is afraid to talk about this book -- for opposite reasons!

The above quote is the closest I have read where Behe acknowledges
*universal* common descent, as opposed to common descent, which is
consistent with the revisionist "kinds" advocated by AIG et al. So
thank you for doing, however unintentionally, what Harshman refused to
do.

Perhaps someday you will explain where you and Behe think Darwin's
insights failed.

--
To know less than we don't know is the nature of most knowledge

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<un65p2$3l00m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7380&group=talk.origins#7380

From: rokim...@cox.net (RonO)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 05:45:37 -0600
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: RonO - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 11:45 UTC

On 1/4/2024 12:47 AM, jillery wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 14:18:02 -0800 (PST), "peter2...@gmail.com"
> <peter2nyikos@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip for focus>
>
>> I've been reading the chapter "What Darwinism Can Do" in Behe's 2007 book,
>> _The Edge of Evolution_, and he very strongly argues there for the reality of common descent
>> and for the brilliance of Darwin's insights -- as far as they went.
>>
>> Here is just one excerpt showing this:
>>
>> "there's no reason to doubt that Darwin had this point right, that all creatures on earth are biological relatives." --p. 72.
>>
>> There's plenty of arguments right on that page and the two preceding it, for this claim.
>> No wonder everyone here except me is afraid to talk about this book -- for opposite reasons!
>

> The above quote is the closest I have read where Behe acknowledges
> *universal* common descent, as opposed to common descent, which is
> consistent with the revisionist "kinds" advocated by AIG et al. So
> thank you for doing, however unintentionally, what Harshman refused to
> do.
>
> Perhaps someday you will explain where you and Behe think Darwin's
> insights failed.
>
> --
> To know less than we don't know is the nature of most knowledge

Behe hasn't made that much of a deal about "universal" common descent.
He usually just admits that common descent biological evolution is a
fact of nature and he usually puts up apes to humans as his example. He
made the point at the turn of the century in his responses to his
critics. He claimed that his critics could not use the anti-evolution
card against him because he was not anti-evolution. All he claimed was
that his designer had to have something to do with the evolution of life
on earth.

Behe has gone back pretty far for examples. The flagellum evolved over
a billion years ago and the adaptive immune system and blood clotting
system evolved around the time of the Cambrian explosion, so Behe has
acknowleded that evolution had been happening for a very long time.

Ron Okimoto

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<20240104123304.fe1bbad893cd510a6b5f8230@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7381&group=talk.origins#7381

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 12:33:04 +0000
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
id 46A6D229786; Thu, 4 Jan 2024 07:31:37 -0500 (EST)
by beagle.ediacara.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 07368229767
for <talk-origins@ediacara.org>; Thu, 4 Jan 2024 07:31:35 -0500 (EST)
by moderators.individual.net (Exim 4.95)
for talk-origins@moderators.isc.org with esmtps (TLS1.2)
tls TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
(envelope-from <news@eternal-september.org>)
id 1rLMv8-001Lqu-ET; Thu, 04 Jan 2024 13:33:58 +0100
(using TLSv1.2 with cipher ADH-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits))
(No client certificate requested)
by smtp.eternal-september.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 5A9FF760419
for <talk-origins@moderators.isc.org>; Thu, 4 Jan 2024 12:33:48 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 12:33 UTC

On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:52:24 -0600
RonO <rokimoto@cox.net> wrote:

> On 1/3/2024 10:53 AM, erik simpson wrote:
> > On 1/3/24 8:49 AM, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:

> >> [screed]
> >>
> >> Hallelujah, brother!
> >>
> > Amen! Can we go on now?
> >

> You guys can all accept reality and stop whinning about perps and rubes
> when they are just a fact of life. If you aren't prepared to do that,
> you might want to try to figure out what has been going on for over 20
> years. All the evidence that you need is there in the material that was
> snipped out. If you can't remember what happened you have links to
> remind you.

Thank you. No need to keep on about it though.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<r6fdpidtgqsc69qjlspdbhd3g3msaeo56h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7383&group=talk.origins#7383

From: 69jpi...@gmail.com (jillery)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2024 09:37:36 -0500
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: jillery - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 14:37 UTC

On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 05:45:37 -0600, RonO <rokimoto@cox.net> wrote:

>On 1/4/2024 12:47 AM, jillery wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 14:18:02 -0800 (PST), "peter2...@gmail.com"
>> <peter2nyikos@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snip for focus>
>>
>>> I've been reading the chapter "What Darwinism Can Do" in Behe's 2007 book,
>>> _The Edge of Evolution_, and he very strongly argues there for the reality of common descent
>>> and for the brilliance of Darwin's insights -- as far as they went.
>>>
>>> Here is just one excerpt showing this:
>>>
>>> "there's no reason to doubt that Darwin had this point right, that all creatures on earth are biological relatives." --p. 72.
>>>
>>> There's plenty of arguments right on that page and the two preceding it, for this claim.
>>> No wonder everyone here except me is afraid to talk about this book -- for opposite reasons!
>>

>> The above quote is the closest I have read where Behe acknowledges
>> *universal* common descent, as opposed to common descent, which is
>> consistent with the revisionist "kinds" advocated by AIG et al. So
>> thank you for doing, however unintentionally, what Harshman refused to
>> do.
>>
>> Perhaps someday you will explain where you and Behe think Darwin's
>> insights failed.
>>

>Behe hasn't made that much of a deal about "universal" common descent.
>He usually just admits that common descent biological evolution is a
>fact of nature and he usually puts up apes to humans as his example. He
>made the point at the turn of the century in his responses to his
>critics. He claimed that his critics could not use the anti-evolution
>card against him because he was not anti-evolution. All he claimed was
>that his designer had to have something to do with the evolution of life
>on earth.
>
>Behe has gone back pretty far for examples. The flagellum evolved over
>a billion years ago and the adaptive immune system and blood clotting
>system evolved around the time of the Cambrian explosion, so Behe has
>acknowleded that evolution had been happening for a very long time.

Evolution via supernatural agency is a very different explanation than
evolution via unguided natural processes. Common descent within kinds
is a very phenomenon than universal common descent. AIG accepts both
supernatural agency and kinds, but explicitly rejects evolution as
described by NCSE. Depending on his audience, Behe's sophistry is
consistent with AIG or with NCSE. OTGH his continued advocacy of ID
and Devolution unambiguously marks him as an evolution pseudoskeptic,
IMO and YMMV.

--
To know less than we don't know is the nature of most knowledge

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<kvo8c1Fd0p6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7384&group=talk.origins#7384

From: me...@yahoo.com (Athel Cornish-Bowden)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 18:31:44 +0100
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.individual.net
id 838E8229786; Thu, 4 Jan 2024 12:29:42 -0500 (EST)
by beagle.ediacara.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 4D099229767
for <talk-origins@ediacara.org>; Thu, 4 Jan 2024 12:29:40 -0500 (EST)
by moderators.individual.net (Exim 4.95)
for talk-origins@moderators.individual.net with esmtps (TLS1.3)
tls TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
(envelope-from <mod-submit@uni-berlin.de>)
id 1rLRZb-001hGo-Uq; Thu, 04 Jan 2024 18:32:04 +0100
by outpost.zedat.fu-berlin.de (Exim 4.95)
for talk-origins@moderators.individual.net with esmtps (TLS1.3)
tls TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
(envelope-from <mod-submit@uni-berlin.de>)
id 1rLRZK-003zLY-E7; Thu, 04 Jan 2024 18:31:46 +0100
by relay1.zedat.fu-berlin.de (Exim 4.95)
for talk-origins@moderators.individual.net with esmtps (TLS1.3)
tls TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
(envelope-from <mod-submit@uni-berlin.de>)
id 1rLRZK-003oui-C9; Thu, 04 Jan 2024 18:31:46 +0100
for talk-origins@moderators.individual.net with local-bsmtp
(envelope-from <mod-submit@uni-berlin.de>)
id 1rLRZJ-001n22-6V; Thu, 04 Jan 2024 18:31:45 +0100
 by: Athel Cornish-Bowden - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 17:31 UTC

On 2024-01-04 12:33:04 +0000, Kerr-Mudd, John said:

> On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:52:24 -0600
> RonO <rokimoto@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Amen! Can we go on now?
>>>

>> You guys can all accept reality and stop whinning about perps and
>> rubes> when they are just a fact of life. If you aren't prepared to do
>> that,> you might want to try to figure out what has been going on for
>> over 20> years. All the evidence that you need is there in the
>> material that was> snipped out. If you can't remember what happened
>> you have links to> remind you.
>>
> Thank you. No need to keep on about it though.

You're dreaming. He'll keep on about for at least another 20 years. He
still hasn't grasped that not wanting to read the same rants over and
over again is not the same as not wanting to figure out what has been
going on for over 20 years.

--
athel cb : Biochemical Evolution, Garland Science, 2016

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<932dc039-58b1-4905-a1ed-c1ecc7f67813n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7387&group=talk.origins#7387

From: j.nobel....@gmail.com (Lawyer Daggett)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 10:20:40 -0800 (PST)
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1704392445; x=1704997245;
h=content-transfer-encoding:to:injection-date:from:subject:message-id
:mime-version:user-agent:references:nntp-posting-host:injection-info
:in-reply-to:date:newsgroups:path:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc
:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=FZxfWNrZhQaEWfeugEO6Te5lkhURfvu4/nizElks224=;
b=jjxcu1JBCSyh0QDRtxc4s3dj52CEGRN8bsmVadxcVG8KY3rZlj2wSq6x64XW9OKnD4
zzH/tN2CCd02ShjESK5kHZJXaFAi3rL3Vm7X1kIfcae6oMRTC6dpAqo4FasIS/BiDXmJ
QVq/IYs3cmb/dPu41gCzYKqrFzZTxzlP8d2HlCqXbwXJKyGRDq/7jcRrdEptYr+sQNTf
PCSUttXxcuA32QqthKCAq3U7t39VofwyOF8hV/x3ahGOb5p+ylnor4YruGjSZjFx188a
yVb2yvI5VKoCHxVevCLbJ+7ZqkXanjEyP0wATaox8VV9e/EgU39q+sZ45ufcsi45NQun
XB4A==
 by: Lawyer Daggett - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 18:20 UTC

On Thursday, January 4, 2024 at 12:32:29 PM UTC-5, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
> On 2024-01-04 12:33:04 +0000, Kerr-Mudd, John said:
>
> > On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:52:24 -0600
> > RonO <roki...@cox.net> wrote:

> >> You guys can all accept reality and stop whinning about perps and
> >> rubes> when they are just a fact of life. If you aren't prepared to do
> >> that,> you might want to try to figure out what has been going on for
> >> over 20> years. All the evidence that you need is there in the
> >> material that was> snipped out. If you can't remember what happened
> >> you have links to> remind you.
> >>
> > Thank you. No need to keep on about it though.
> You're dreaming. He'll keep on about for at least another 20 years. He
> still hasn't grasped that not wanting to read the same rants over and
> over again is not the same as not wanting to figure out what has been
> going on for over 20 years.

Maybe if we all voted to give him a lifetime achievement award for distinguished
service in the exposure of perps and rubes he would lose the chip on his shoulder.

I hereby announced the TOE awards.

The rules: anyone can nominate either a category or a post within a category,
or in the case of lifetime achievement awards an individual poster for that
category.

To kick things off, I nominate the category of lifetime achievement in the very
persistent proclamation of the existence of Purveyors Repeatedly and Egregiously
Promoting (PERPs) Scurrilous Content Attacking Materialism (SCAMs) targeted
towards Religious Unsophisticated BElivers. (RUBEs).

Please consider the history of posting to talk origins and see if you can think of
someone who has given their all to consistently and frequently remind any who
might listen, and even those who had heard it all before, of the nature of PERPS
promoting their SCAM to RUBEs.

Next, I might formulate a category for Science Fiction in support of Directed Panspermia

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<c38ff888-c109-4bb9-b19e-5a532dfd2ab6@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7388&group=talk.origins#7388

From: eastside...@gmail.com (erik simpson)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 10:42:27 -0800
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: Lawyer Daggett <j.nobel.daggett@gmail.com>,
talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
id 89FD9229786; Thu, 4 Jan 2024 13:40:27 -0500 (EST)
by beagle.ediacara.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 49251229767
for <talk-origins@ediacara.org>; Thu, 4 Jan 2024 13:40:25 -0500 (EST)
by moderators.individual.net (Exim 4.95)
for talk-origins@moderators.isc.org with esmtps (TLS1.3)
tls TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
(envelope-from <eastside.erik@gmail.com>)
id 1rLSg4-001maX-QY; Thu, 04 Jan 2024 19:42:49 +0100
for <talk-origins@moderators.isc.org>; Thu, 04 Jan 2024 10:42:31 -0800 (PST)
d=gmail.com; s=20230601; t=1704393749; x=1704998549; darn=moderators.isc.org;
h=content-transfer-encoding:in-reply-to:from:references:newsgroups:to
:content-language:subject:user-agent:mime-version:date:message-id
:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=Jg131SOvNYFxZtw33PDFCI8snzDh/XjhmurAUun2wsc=;
b=dFOYEgUk42kCOYvVvI1clZ3T+l3FB1QTbIJd2d2I1vuDjewscS4Y4EJ2lDEMYJsV0F
57pNtdenQPHQZ64NBsxvjw6qp3glHVx8vZQRMf4oO+jvkamZRJkdd+f9Llt2nb6+l6jY
n0iPm6UqEMhhYQVnSKQ1Y/BnlWUfT3bYIKqyrKF5/HelGZzEBAYLZVwvfL6tdVrxd0OD
6qUHCwJuDicbo4OvcKfcFxwQmy/Ci9HukILJYnKojuNUCrGZDIPezigNvI+wPFfvgnE2
pcG7t6Hn4AefEq6pvZOIlQe/niAL6BthTZaGLw8Z5Cqxmb7UR7ZLWF0/kLdQKb3eDCeJ
6mnQ==
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1704393749; x=1704998549;
h=content-transfer-encoding:in-reply-to:from:references:newsgroups:to
:content-language:subject:user-agent:mime-version:date:message-id
:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=Jg131SOvNYFxZtw33PDFCI8snzDh/XjhmurAUun2wsc=;
b=tZSGH9EJu9QbeKliCMh0UjlGDEGU2fS/RLl66R9GkIlc9+YeeiTBTWMK2G4STibAj3
Hx43kj1G9oo7u8aHlCLUKM/9yf6C3mlWaJQrtb65E8JOyWZYCY3wxA76aMaSPjBkuc+A
gwo//3ZhK+lgI2yE80F+niatiTdZ+1IsIzSL1MJ346WMV8bmEBGT+OundZ13tinoKAg1
Xp1i74MAd7g8kl8k+7H9DQs/g0ntBCAWTZkJ2ooqAKKIbzyQNESZQgegDmlFGCU6qX+i
te+h/qRDSrkZtrbCW8A2GJkNZ+E8YBOuNHB3NmblI08IibfLBgYwxZyzEqeM68oky7Bn
d11Q==
 by: erik simpson - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 18:42 UTC

On 1/4/24 10:20 AM, Lawyer Daggett wrote:
> On Thursday, January 4, 2024 at 12:32:29 PM UTC-5, Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
>> On 2024-01-04 12:33:04 +0000, Kerr-Mudd, John said:

>>> Thank you. No need to keep on about it though.
>> You're dreaming. He'll keep on about for at least another 20 years. He
>> still hasn't grasped that not wanting to read the same rants over and
>> over again is not the same as not wanting to figure out what has been
>> going on for over 20 years.
>
> Maybe if we all voted to give him a lifetime achievement award for distinguished
> service in the exposure of perps and rubes he would lose the chip on his shoulder.
>
> I hereby announced the TOE awards.
>
> The rules: anyone can nominate either a category or a post within a category,
> or in the case of lifetime achievement awards an individual poster for that
> category.
>
> To kick things off, I nominate the category of lifetime achievement in the very
> persistent proclamation of the existence of Purveyors Repeatedly and Egregiously
> Promoting (PERPs) Scurrilous Content Attacking Materialism (SCAMs) targeted
> towards Religious Unsophisticated BElivers. (RUBEs).
>
> Please consider the history of posting to talk origins and see if you can think of
> someone who has given their all to consistently and frequently remind any who
> might listen, and even those who had heard it all before, of the nature of PERPS
> promoting their SCAM to RUBEs.
>
> Next, I might formulate a category for Science Fiction in support of Directed Panspermia

The award for TOE is a great idea. What's Directed Panspermia? Doe it
have anything to do with Jeremy Epstein?

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<710d0922-19c9-419d-b49c-5a1cc849cd69n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7389&group=talk.origins#7389

From: j.nobel....@gmail.com (Lawyer Daggett)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 10:59:55 -0800 (PST)
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
id BB5B6229786; Thu, 4 Jan 2024 13:57:52 -0500 (EST)
by beagle.ediacara.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 7F969229767
for <talk-origins@ediacara.org>; Thu, 4 Jan 2024 13:57:50 -0500 (EST)
by moderators.individual.net (Exim 4.95)
for talk-origins@moderators.isc.org with esmtps (TLS1.3)
tls TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
(envelope-from <news@google.com>)
id 1rLSww-001no0-3g; Thu, 04 Jan 2024 20:00:14 +0100
for <talk-origins@moderators.isc.org>; Thu, 04 Jan 2024 10:59:56 -0800 (PST)
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1704394795; x=1704999595;
h=content-transfer-encoding:to:injection-date:from:subject:message-id
:mime-version:user-agent:references:nntp-posting-host:injection-info
:in-reply-to:date:newsgroups:path:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc
:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=Eg31FFgJsorW9q/U7wlyDhec2+OhAvGeTW0Por1Dj4I=;
b=JUt5LxB7lX9jWUEnXstxwzSpVHUT+ejheV5nnPmwDu+itWwz86VtdvlIQV8e2prjcS
QwwYNUEu9hJk3SR3zFAW9DHjYGQsmbJfZfBrhjA1YfDLY2AjXC2ljqI/wfFo4wf7B06i
M147sBukojZc2q+fuPu0XPdtbxPKa8dDs0163BuBkHhxGdX/6bUXu/iJ8C5POdobx+Qb
gY8qOCrxTqWBvibOMc4aXN8/c5yg3J648SSQu1WfKa3fPb2Vne2BOefausnHzB2X0eq4
U3D1cyuWihMK/D11zz4GtabfRx/ll8eL4XskU6zbQzTS98sduL6Q0UGVMYTM3W9+LGzt
JoWQ==
 by: Lawyer Daggett - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 18:59 UTC

On Thursday, January 4, 2024 at 1:47:30 PM UTC-5, erik simpson wrote:
> On 1/4/24 10:20 AM, Lawyer Daggett wrote:

> >> You're dreaming. He'll keep on about for at least another 20 years. He
> >> still hasn't grasped that not wanting to read the same rants over and
> >> over again is not the same as not wanting to figure out what has been
> >> going on for over 20 years.
> >
> > Maybe if we all voted to give him a lifetime achievement award for distinguished
> > service in the exposure of perps and rubes he would lose the chip on his shoulder.
> >
> > I hereby announced the TOE awards.
> >
> > The rules: anyone can nominate either a category or a post within a category,
> > or in the case of lifetime achievement awards an individual poster for that
> > category.
> >
> > To kick things off, I nominate the category of lifetime achievement in the very
> > persistent proclamation of the existence of Purveyors Repeatedly and Egregiously
> > Promoting (PERPs) Scurrilous Content Attacking Materialism (SCAMs) targeted
> > towards Religious Unsophisticated BElivers. (RUBEs).
> >
> > Please consider the history of posting to talk origins and see if you can think of
> > someone who has given their all to consistently and frequently remind any who
> > might listen, and even those who had heard it all before, of the nature of PERPS
> > promoting their SCAM to RUBEs.
> >
> > Next, I might formulate a category for Science Fiction in support of Directed Panspermia
> >
> The award for TOE is a great idea. What's Directed Panspermia? Doe it
> have anything to do with Jeremy Epstein?

Who is Jeremy Esptein? Is he related to the guy that Hillary strangled and made it
look like a suicide?

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<64029aed-308c-4a90-a5f5-9d4b53f4bae5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7392&group=talk.origins#7392

From: jte...@gmail.com (JTEM is my hero)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 13:33:24 -0800 (PST)
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1704404005; x=1705008805;
h=to:injection-date:from:subject:message-id:mime-version:user-agent
:references:nntp-posting-host:injection-info:in-reply-to:date
:newsgroups:path:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date
:message-id:reply-to;
bh=eoz3cDqKYBjyV+M/l6KG8lu+3LbQzcDUmlazD9NuTtI=;
b=mLX8AO7skP20K0ltmyFuY85iIj6X3yrzBUrAtxazKAue3usUAHi8iofaE7ba7pR+wj
sT0ExIa2a0MSogN1hXWdNBAGaKlqoTKRl6IIG1BnTSHtWjJUVO/OAOonvfWo4UKwF6KI
Hbzcf1Xhcknjzy6jYosxOLf2C51AE2k81v0LFhMHaFHV3KdquI5SZyGSBmNWidiF5xbx
0wWWf1pg83DpCco++WUWsZiJF6+BgedVwMEbGwmwM9Kk6YzMdChkM6kdyB09KRXq9dxV
HN3GK1h5CNUmRCdtPA3EGAJt/wRMZQkmgYZWNGJozamR/ga/JKK5l/UjiFs6UMGRxwz2
0Ozw==
 by: JTEM is my hero - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 21:33 UTC

RonO wrote:

> Just a matter of fact history of what went down. You might have read it
> to find that out.

Why would I need anyone to tell me what went down -- PAST! TENSE! --
when I know what went down, I lived through it. I've often referenced it.
And I did right here, same as you, in the past tense.

Right! Now! there is fake science going down. Present tense. So clearly
that must be the highest priority.

No, not what DID happen and might happen again in the future, but what
is going on Right! Now!

> It is about ignoring reality, and not
> about how stupid and dishonest everyone knows ID is today.

Ironically, I've pointed that out countless times over the years, applying
the lesson to Gwobull Warbling.

And I just did it in this thread. And you ignored it.

Actually, propaganda mostly works on associations. It invents
positive associations with compliance, negative associations
with a failure to comply.

I.D. really did hijack science, it hijacked education but that was a
long time ago. It may rise again or it may not. But Gwobull Warbling
has hijacked science & education today.

Did you learn ANYTHING from the struggle against I.D. or are you
just as big of a faker as I always said that you were?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/730359491090169856

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<546ac84c-eb96-44c8-ab73-b7e68f742f99@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7393&group=talk.origins#7393

From: eastside...@gmail.com (erik simpson)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 13:33:42 -0800
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
d=gmail.com; s=20230601; t=1704404024; x=1705008824; darn=moderators.isc.org;
h=content-transfer-encoding:in-reply-to:from:references:newsgroups:to
:content-language:subject:user-agent:mime-version:date:message-id
:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=OsLqocShew4JLcfKIxmWLP+seRStcmUswYEO1jwT00s=;
b=kcxB9caZTcynLossra1ynplzTPUUa6mtefn0YZaxybxUfH2PAr0d0XyhzW2HqPpcie
nHtMIVLMvOKO3kamea4OWJXqN8n2tLX85gB1W8OYe2xfZYj+Ca1qMlLx7Fea3KmxoAY+
VqK/5R91eEHHLsENJF/l4tQDVj9lirAPuJeC0xcv1DTRBHehNsvIPWn78BJKqFpPHQZ7
ueAItJaPyb8TNZcyNaCp25ChCJolj5UwWG7McaF4Wq+o0lXYi8DuZbob9F/1I6OlCloi
zaGX1B7adU8a1QXMgmC0J6Jjqgu89Qo/SxIWRY0pbBcPPfhecj/8ZY3XslwBDDkMSX7D
997A==
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1704404024; x=1705008824;
h=content-transfer-encoding:in-reply-to:from:references:newsgroups:to
:content-language:subject:user-agent:mime-version:date:message-id
:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=OsLqocShew4JLcfKIxmWLP+seRStcmUswYEO1jwT00s=;
b=w0IhPddWzrbI2DtrmO3wMKWzStrTGWPZMcda6Es8ii5SRKb3nktRukLyRKmGmzAKLI
FGaCDaAh5XMQSYttJIzwEGAt1yBaTONGBdVoE/amVrdoBo9UnuHYsnQMcpHzE54FhI//
Aavdve1fIW91K7I0f6yG2am6ehUgmiDYu8JpCa7pBwXAArymmGlv5CqPYDUqp9BbOHFr
yHxZdLh1d0hJzNOx56Y7V71wohYAWspt7NVxINBjdZkdqvbCvmJzUhvUAq6GHOFPrnlz
0W7F0zadazDrezDApKG61injgYAg5tZLVDTHoubofF/QvAcrqExoBA6JAeg2UYR67CcQ
HwNg==
 by: erik simpson - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 21:33 UTC

On 1/4/24 10:59 AM, Lawyer Daggett wrote:
> On Thursday, January 4, 2024 at 1:47:30 PM UTC-5, erik simpson wrote:

>>> Maybe if we all voted to give him a lifetime achievement award for distinguished
>>> service in the exposure of perps and rubes he would lose the chip on his shoulder.
>>>
>>> I hereby announced the TOE awards.
>>>
>>> The rules: anyone can nominate either a category or a post within a category,
>>> or in the case of lifetime achievement awards an individual poster for that
>>> category.
>>>
>>> To kick things off, I nominate the category of lifetime achievement in the very
>>> persistent proclamation of the existence of Purveyors Repeatedly and Egregiously
>>> Promoting (PERPs) Scurrilous Content Attacking Materialism (SCAMs) targeted
>>> towards Religious Unsophisticated BElivers. (RUBEs).
>>>
>>> Please consider the history of posting to talk origins and see if you can think of
>>> someone who has given their all to consistently and frequently remind any who
>>> might listen, and even those who had heard it all before, of the nature of PERPS
>>> promoting their SCAM to RUBEs.
>>>
>>> Next, I might formulate a category for Science Fiction in support of Directed Panspermia
>>>
>> The award for TOE is a great idea. What's Directed Panspermia? Doe it
>> have anything to do with Jeremy Epstein?
>
> Who is Jeremy Esptein? Is he related to the guy that Hillary strangled and made it
> look like a suicide?

Something like that.

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<baaepi568b2lgo84oddtme0jj0h2ol127t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7394&group=talk.origins#7394

From: nos...@buzz.off (Bob Casanova)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2024 14:57:53 -0700
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: Bob Casanova - Thu, 4 Jan 2024 21:57 UTC

On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 10:59:55 -0800 (PST), the following
appeared in talk.origins, posted by Lawyer Daggett

"...failed to make it look...".

--

Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<un7jf2$3r75b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7396&group=talk.origins#7396

From: rokim...@cox.net (RonO)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 18:45:23 -0600
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: RonO - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 00:45 UTC

On 1/4/2024 6:33 AM, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:52:24 -0600
> RonO <rokimoto@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Amen! Can we go on now?
>>>

>> You guys can all accept reality and stop whinning about perps and rubes
>> when they are just a fact of life. If you aren't prepared to do that,
>> you might want to try to figure out what has been going on for over 20
>> years. All the evidence that you need is there in the material that was
>> snipped out. If you can't remember what happened you have links to
>> remind you.
>>
> Thank you. No need to keep on about it though.

You guys are the ones that are going on about it as if there is some
issue with simply stating what reality has been for over 20 years. It
is really your issue. Think about it. Who made it an issue? It was
only to blame someone for their own incompetence. You may not have
known that, but what does that tell you about what you have been doing?
A lot of TO regulars missed out on what happened when the ID perps put
out their Top Six. That wasn't my fault because the IDiots didn't miss
what was going on. As far as I am concerned I didn't do anything to
warrant the sour grapes harassment for others being ignorant and
incompetent.

Ron Okimoto

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<9ae06db2-50a1-4fde-be38-11232cebb8d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7400&group=talk.origins#7400

From: j.nobel....@gmail.com (Lawyer Daggett)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 17:09:37 -0800 (PST)
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1704416977; x=1705021777;
h=content-transfer-encoding:to:injection-date:from:subject:message-id
:mime-version:user-agent:references:nntp-posting-host:injection-info
:in-reply-to:date:newsgroups:path:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc
:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=9w6o4X+6KHI+GFlZBf4+8ikQKBGr6JTGhMoI+Q+3ob8=;
b=vlviNrReVctG+pcpcaQvPTNYkRwETUOwyx6XjLSbwsc246w9HaXh89EFWTInLxodKD
hmoHc1IWcPOF7hguFKJKtlrLy/PtZ1EyytRmXjraif9CEF/rZKVtmFlxrXhJH34+/l25
ZlFWrMB61WkT/UIJKsDOH7SKFI2+U4ZRDccCVDU9z15pN8u6EbzbUoGNEOcnLCn8Nrm0
mHuJYGoh+vrRY7xYCQVg5hHMvo0mgQn6eznFgwBFIWpJs+0VrzjOn0D0XB+HV4+3gyem
HgjDxAGxA1PI+8boGHylCPG8ubf5bCFrUVVAlY48PVDk/S7e9kDCAVFbEK74e6a6gHTz
wj5w==
 by: Lawyer Daggett - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 01:09 UTC

On Thursday, January 4, 2024 at 7:47:30 PM UTC-5, RonO wrote:
> On 1/4/2024 6:33 AM, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
> > On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:52:24 -0600
> > RonO <roki...@cox.net> wrote:

> >> You guys can all accept reality and stop whinning about perps and rubes
> >> when they are just a fact of life. If you aren't prepared to do that,
> >> you might want to try to figure out what has been going on for over 20
> >> years. All the evidence that you need is there in the material that was
> >> snipped out. If you can't remember what happened you have links to
> >> remind you.
> >>
> > Thank you. No need to keep on about it though.
> >
> You guys are the ones that are going on about it as if there is some
> issue with simply stating what reality has been for over 20 years. It
> is really your issue. Think about it. Who made it an issue?

Looks up to see who started this thread.

Raises hand. Ooooh Ooooh. Mr. Kotta, Mr. Kotta. I know.

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<un7nrd$3rs29$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7404&group=talk.origins#7404

From: rokim...@cox.net (RonO)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 20:00:14 -0600
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: RonO - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 02:00 UTC

On 1/4/2024 7:09 PM, Lawyer Daggett wrote:
> On Thursday, January 4, 2024 at 7:47:30 PM UTC-5, RonO wrote:
>> On 1/4/2024 6:33 AM, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:

>>> Thank you. No need to keep on about it though.
>>>
>> You guys are the ones that are going on about it as if there is some
>> issue with simply stating what reality has been for over 20 years. It
>> is really your issue. Think about it. Who made it an issue?
>
> Looks up to see who started this thread.
>
> Raises hand. Ooooh Ooooh. Mr. Kotta, Mr. Kotta. I know.

You are one of the reasons why the post was needed. You guys made it an
issue. Face reality and take responsibility for your own stupidity.

Ron Okimoto

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<un8m3t$48ch$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7413&group=talk.origins#7413

From: rokim...@cox.net (RonO)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 04:36:46 -0600
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
id 2EB51229786; Fri, 5 Jan 2024 05:34:35 -0500 (EST)
by beagle.ediacara.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id DDA75229767
for <talk-origins@ediacara.org>; Fri, 5 Jan 2024 05:34:32 -0500 (EST)
by moderators.individual.net (Exim 4.95)
for talk-origins@moderators.isc.org with esmtps (TLS1.2)
tls TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
(envelope-from <news@eternal-september.org>)
id 1rLhZR-002tZq-6x; Fri, 05 Jan 2024 11:36:57 +0100
(using TLSv1.2 with cipher ADH-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits))
(No client certificate requested)
by smtp.eternal-september.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id A57A8760419
for <talk-origins@moderators.isc.org>; Fri, 5 Jan 2024 10:36:46 +0000 (UTC)
 by: RonO - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 10:36 UTC

On 1/4/2024 8:37 AM, jillery wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 05:45:37 -0600, RonO <rokimoto@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> On 1/4/2024 12:47 AM, jillery wrote:
>>> On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 14:18:02 -0800 (PST), "peter2...@gmail.com"
>>> <peter2nyikos@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip for focus>

>>> The above quote is the closest I have read where Behe acknowledges
>>> *universal* common descent, as opposed to common descent, which is
>>> consistent with the revisionist "kinds" advocated by AIG et al. So
>>> thank you for doing, however unintentionally, what Harshman refused to
>>> do.
>>>
>>> Perhaps someday you will explain where you and Behe think Darwin's
>>> insights failed.
>>>

>> Behe hasn't made that much of a deal about "universal" common descent.
>> He usually just admits that common descent biological evolution is a
>> fact of nature and he usually puts up apes to humans as his example. He
>> made the point at the turn of the century in his responses to his
>> critics. He claimed that his critics could not use the anti-evolution
>> card against him because he was not anti-evolution. All he claimed was
>> that his designer had to have something to do with the evolution of life
>> on earth.
>>
>> Behe has gone back pretty far for examples. The flagellum evolved over
>> a billion years ago and the adaptive immune system and blood clotting
>> system evolved around the time of the Cambrian explosion, so Behe has
>> acknowleded that evolution had been happening for a very long time.
>

> Evolution via supernatural agency is a very different explanation than
> evolution via unguided natural processes. Common descent within kinds
> is a very phenomenon than universal common descent. AIG accepts both
> supernatural agency and kinds, but explicitly rejects evolution as
> described by NCSE. Depending on his audience, Behe's sophistry is
> consistent with AIG or with NCSE. OTGH his continued advocacy of ID
> and Devolution unambiguously marks him as an evolution pseudoskeptic,
> IMO and YMMV.
>
> --
> To know less than we don't know is the nature of most knowledge

If you recall Ken Miller (the defender of real science) claims that the
designer could have manipulated things by jiggling atoms. Miller
believes in an interactive god, he just understands that creationism
isn't science. Behe's type of god-did-it evolution isn't scientific.
The whole point of participating in the ID scam for Behe was to further
the stated mission of the Discovery Institute CRSC. That mission
statement did not list creating ID science as a major objective. The
Wedge document had ID in as a means to accomplish their stated mission.
The only time Behe makes the distinction between evolution within kinds
and evolution between kinds is when he is obfuscating the issue in order
to obtain creationist support. He claims to have no issue with the
evolution of humans from apes, and his whale debacle had him claiming
that whale evolution was macro evolution, but it was due to a bad type
of evolution that "Darwinian" mechanisms could account for. He called
it devolution, but he claimed that whales had evolved from terrestrial
mammals, just in a bad way. It is a crazy and stupid argument, but
Glenn and Nyikos lapped it up, and only wanted to be lied to with the
negative claims about evolution by breaking things and devolution. Behe
likely relies on that type of dishonest acceptance of his junk.

The ID scam has been stupid and dishonest for over 20 years, and Behe
has supported the effort and never resigned nor openly objected to what
the other ID perps have been doing, but only supported the effort by
keeping ID out there as bait. Behe and Minnich had claimed that doing
ID science was possible in Kitzmiler, and even put up an example of
testing that might be done, but he and Minnich admitted that they had
never bothered to do the science. All ID is, is bait. Behe knows that
they can't use ID to further their mission (he as even claimed that he
does not support teaching the junk in the public schools) and that the
switch scam is the only way forward for the ID perps.

Ron Okimoto

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<thqfpidv9rjr13hrjago4asf2kofs93hgo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7422&group=talk.origins#7422

From: martinha...@gmail.com (Martin Harran)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2024 11:42:48 +0000
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
id BA51F229786; Fri, 5 Jan 2024 06:40:37 -0500 (EST)
by beagle.ediacara.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 8AB9C229767
for <talk-origins@ediacara.org>; Fri, 5 Jan 2024 06:40:35 -0500 (EST)
by moderators.individual.net (Exim 4.95)
for talk-origins@moderators.isc.org with esmtps (TLS1.3)
tls TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
(envelope-from <news-admin@admin.omicronmedia.com>)
id 1rLibL-002yjj-Qe; Fri, 05 Jan 2024 12:42:59 +0100
by nntpmail01.ams1.omicronmedia.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 1B6F520185E
for <talk-origins@moderators.isc.org>; Fri, 5 Jan 2024 11:42:51 +0000 (UTC)
id D5AF48A281B; Fri, 5 Jan 2024 11:42:50 +0000 (UTC)
 by: Martin Harran - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 11:42 UTC

On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:49:48 -0600, RonO <rokimoto@cox.net> wrote:

>On 1/3/2024 10:49 AM, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 18:23:49 -0600
>> RonO <rokimoto@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> We likely have to get one thing straight from the beginning. The bait
>>> and switch strategy is a scam. There is no reason to deny reality at
>>
>> [screed]
>>
>> Hallelujah, brother!
>>

>Nyikosian snipping and running from reality is stupid. You can remain
>willfully ignorant, but what good does it do you the next time that you
>screw up because of your ignorance. Joining in with the others when you
>didn't know what was going on isn't anything worth doing.
>
>You might want to try to figure out what things would be like if ID had
>not been a scam for over 20 years. What if they had never started
>running the bait and switch, but had gone through with their original
>Wedge strategy of teaching the junk in the public schools instead of
>running the bait and switch. You have 20:20 hind sight, and you know
>what the result of Kitzmiller was, so what do you think would be the
>case, right now if the ID perps had not started running the bait and
>switch scam over 20 years ago?
>
>Ron Okimoto

I know I really shouldn't but ….

Does it never register with you that you are attacking people here
who:

1) Know and understand what you are posting about.

2) Totally agree with what you are saying.

3) Aren't complaining about the issues you identify, they are simply
tired of your feelings about them being regurgitated ad nauseum.

?

Re: TO history of the Intelligent Design creationist scam.

<20240105121427.0fd1f90f346954d0276e9777@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=7427&group=talk.origins#7427

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 12:14:27 +0000
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 12:14 UTC

On Thu, 4 Jan 2024 18:45:23 -0600
RonO <rokimoto@cox.net> wrote:

> On 1/4/2024 6:33 AM, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
> > On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 18:52:24 -0600
> > RonO <rokimoto@cox.net> wrote:

> >> You guys can all accept reality and stop whinning about perps and rubes
> >> when they are just a fact of life. If you aren't prepared to do that,
> >> you might want to try to figure out what has been going on for over 20

20 years worth of arguing about who said what and when isn't worth my
while wading through. I'm just too stupid to remember it all anyway.
It's all I can do to look at current arguments.

> >> years. All the evidence that you need is there in the material that was
> >> snipped out. If you can't remember what happened you have links to
> >> remind you.
> >>
> > Thank you. No need to keep on about it though.
> >

> You guys are the ones that are going on about it as if there is some
> issue with simply stating what reality has been for over 20 years. It
> is really your issue. Think about it. Who made it an issue? It was

You keep going on about it. I'd like to think that I can summarise on
behalf of the posters here that no-one here cares except you.

> only to blame someone for their own incompetence. You may not have
> known that, but what does that tell you about what you have been doing?
> A lot of TO regulars missed out on what happened when the ID perps put
> out their Top Six. That wasn't my fault because the IDiots didn't miss
> what was going on. As far as I am concerned I didn't do anything to
> warrant the sour grapes harassment for others being ignorant and
> incompetent.

No-one is currently blaming you, as far as I can see, for anything other
than dredging up this 20-year old stuff again and again.

Please move on, post something relevant to today. TIA.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.