Learning at some schools is like drinking from a firehose.

interests / talk.origins / God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Physics

SubjectAuthor
* God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard PhysiJames Redford
+* Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Perik simpson
|`* Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard PJ. J. Lodder
| +* Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Perik simpson
| |`- Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard PJames Redford
| `* Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard PJohn Harshman
|  `- Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard PJ. J. Lodder
+- Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Pisrael sadovnik
`* Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard PDavid Canzi
 +- Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Pisrael sadovnik
 `* Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard PJames Redford
  `- Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard PDavid Canzi

1
God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Physics

<q3bisiph7olq5k0bggje8lhh4g6vlt6seu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8156&group=talk.origins#8156

From: jrredf...@yahoo.com (James Redford)
Newsgroups: talk.origins,talk.religion,talk.religion.christian
Subject: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Physics
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 15:23:31 -0500
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: James Redford - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 20:23 UTC

Physicist and mathematician Prof. Frank J. Tipler's Omega Point
cosmology is a proof (i.e., mathematical theorem) demonstrating that
sapient life (in the form of, e.g., immortal superintelligent
human-mind computer-uploads and artificial intelligences) is required
by the known laws of physics (viz., the Second Law of Thermodynamics,
General Relativity, and Quantum Mechanics) to take control over all
matter in the universe, for said life to eventually force the collapse
of the universe, and for the computational resources of the universe
(in terms of both processor speed and memory storage) to diverge to
infinity as the universe collapses into a final singularity, termed
the Omega Point. Said Omega Point cosmology is also an intrinsic
component of the Feynman-DeWitt-Weinberg quantum gravity/Standard
Model Theory of Everything (TOE) correctly describing and unifying all
the forces in physics, of which TOE is itself mathematically forced by
the aforesaid known physical laws.

Prof. Tipler's Omega Point cosmology has been extensively
peer-reviewed and published in a number of the world's leading physics
and science journals, such as Reports on Progress in Physics (the
leading journal of the Institute of Physics, Britain's main
professional organization for physicists), Monthly Notices of the
Royal Astronomical Society (one of the world's leading astrophysics
journals), the International Journal of Theoretical Physics (a journal
that Nobel Prize in Physics winner Richard Feynman also published in),
and Physics Letters, among other journals.

Prof. Tipler's Ph.D. is in the field of Global General Relativity,
which is the field created by Profs. Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose
during the formulation of their Singularity Theorems in the 1960s.
Global General Relativity is General Relativity applied on the scale
of the entire universe as a whole, and is the most elite and rarefied
field of physics. Tipler is also an expert in quantum field theory
(i.e., Quantum Mechanics combined with special-relativistic particle
physics) and computer theory. Moreover, to here point out, said
Singularity Theorems are themselves completely valid proofs of God's
existence in the First Cause aspect of God.

The Omega Point final singularity has all the unique properties
(quiddities) claimed for God in the traditional religions. For much
more on Prof. Tipler's Omega Point cosmology and the details on how it
uniquely conforms to, and precisely matches, the cosmology described
in the New Testament, see my following article, which also addresses
the societal implications of the Omega Point cosmology:

* James Redford, "The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of
Everything", Social Science Research Network (SSRN), Sept. 10, 2012
(orig. pub. Dec. 19, 2011), 186 pp., doi:10.2139/ssrn.1974708,
https://web.archive.org/web/20150927090439/http://theophysics.host56.com/Redford-Physics-of-God.pdf
, https://archive.org/download/ThePhysicsOfGodAndTheQuantumGravityTheoryOfEverything/Redford-Physics-of-God.pdf
, https://purl.org/redford/physics-of-god .

Additionally, in the below resource are different sections which
contain some helpful notes and commentary by me pertaining to
multimedia wherein Prof. Tipler explains the Omega Point cosmology and
the Feynman-DeWitt-Weinberg quantum gravity/Standard Model TOE.

* James Redford, "Video of Profs. Frank Tipler and Lawrence Krauss's
Debate at Caltech: Can Physics Prove God and Christianity?", God and
Physics Wiki, May 12, 2019 (orig. pub. Apr. 3, 2013),
https://megalodon.jp/2019-0512-1524-14/godandphysics.fandom.com/wiki/Tipler-Krauss_2007_Debate
, https://web.archive.org/web/20190512062421/https://godandphysics.fandom.com/wiki/Video_of_Profs._Frank_Tipler_and_Lawrence_Krauss%27s_Debate_at_Caltech:_Can_Physics_Prove_God_and_Christianity%3F
, https://archive.is/V9njw .

As said, Prof. Tipler's Omega Point cosmology is a mathematical
theorem per the aforementioned known laws of physics, of which have
been confirmed by every experiment to date. Hence, the only way to
avoid the Omega Point Theorem is to reject empirical science. As Prof.
Hawking wrote, "one cannot really argue with a mathematical theorem."
(From p. 67 of Stephen Hawking, The Illustrated A Brief History of
Time [New York, NY: Bantam Books, 1996; 1st ed., 1988].)

Indeed, in the Feynman path integral formulation of Quantum Mechanics
(i.e., sum-over-paths; sum-over-histories) a singularity is even more
inevitable than in the Penrose-Hawking-Geroch Singularity Theorems,
since the Singularity Theorems assume attractive gravity, whereas the
Feynman sum-over-histories get arbitrarily close to infinite
curvature. In other words, the multiverse has its own singularity.

Further, due to Liouville's Theorem in complex analysis, it doesn't
matter what form of physics one resorts to, as any
physically-realistic cosmology (e.g., one capable of incorporating
Quantum Mechanics, since the complex number field is intrinsic to the
mathematical formulations of Quantum Mechanics) must begin at an
initial singularity and end at a final singularity. (As Barrow and
Tipler wrote, "Initial and final cosmological curvature singularities
are required to avoid a universal action singularity." See John D.
Barrow and Frank J. Tipler, "Action principles in nature", Nature,
Vol. 331, No. 6151 [Jan. 7, 1988], pp. 31-34; see also Frank J.
Tipler, "The Structure of the Classical Cosmological Singularity", in
Origin and Early History of the Universe: Proceedings of the 26th
Liège International Astrophyscial Colloquium, July 1-4, 1986
[Cointe-Ougree, Belgium: Universite de Liege, Institut
d'Astrophysique, 1987], pp. 339-359; "Discussion", pp. 360-361.)

* * * * *

Unfortunately, most modern physicists have been all too willing to
abandon the laws of physics if it produces results that they're
uncomfortable with, i.e., in reference to religion. It's the
antagonism for religion on the part of the scientific community which
greatly held up the acceptance of the Big Bang (for some 40 years),
due to said scientific community's displeasure with it confirming the
traditional theological position of *creatio ex nihilo*, and also
because no laws of physics can apply to the singularity itself: i.e.,
quite literally, the singularity is supernatural, in the sense that no
form of physics can apply to it, since physical values are at infinity
at the singularity, and so it is not possible to perform arithmetical
operations on them; and in the sense that the singularity is beyond
creation, as it is not a part of spacetime, but rather is the boundary
of space and time.

In Prof. Stephen Hawking's book The Grand Design (New York, NY: Bantam
Books) coauthored with physicist Dr. Leonard Mlodinow and published in
2010, Hawking uses the String Theory extension M-Theory to argue that
God's existence isn't necessary, although M-Theory has no
observational evidence confirming it.

With String Theory and other nonempirical physics, the physics
community is reverting back to the epistemological methodology of
Aristotelianism, which held to physical theories based upon *a priori*
philosophical ideals. One of the *a priori* ideals held by many
present-day physicists is that God cannot exist, and so if rejecting
the existence of God requires rejecting empirical science, then so be
it.

For details on this rejection of physical law by physicists if it
conflicts with their distaste for religion, see Sec. 5: "The Big
Bang", pp. 28-33 of my "Physics of God" article cited above.

The evolutionary psychological reason for the above-described bizarre
behavior of physicists rejecting physical law when it demonstrates
God's existence is due to the naturally-evolved Jaynesian gods of
old--i.e., the demons--seeking to distance people from genuine
knowledge of God so that the demons may instead falsely present
themselves as God. Among many permutations of this, it often manifests
as various forms of etatism: the state becomes God. Demons are quite
real, they however exist as naturally-evolved Minskian agent subset
programs operating on the wet-computer of the human brain. For more on
this, see my following article:

* James Redford, "Societal Sadomasochism", Social Science Research
Network (SSRN), July 4, 2021 (orig. pub. May 29, 2018), 4 pp.,
doi:10.2139/ssrn.4500656,
https://megalodon.jp/2023-0720-0523-07/archive.org/download/Societal-Sadomasochism/Redford-Societal-Sadomasochism.pdf
, https://archive.org/download/Societal-Sadomasochism/Redford-Societal-Sadomasochism.pdf
, https://www.freezepage.com/1689798200YQSGMQCYTZ .

James Redford

Author of The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of
Everything: And Other Selected Works (Chisinau, Moldova: Eliva Press,
2021), 268 pp., ISBN-10: 1636482775, ISBN-13: 9781636482774. See my
curriculum vitæ (ark:/13960/t6g19878v):
https://jamesredford.github.io/Redford-Curriculum-Vitae.pdf ,
https://archive.org/download/JamesRedford/Redford-Curriculum-Vitae.pdf

Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Physics

<13332a74-900d-4a5e-b5b3-0613bb713dd8@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8158&group=talk.origins#8158

From: eastside...@gmail.com (erik simpson)
Newsgroups: talk.origins,talk.religion,talk.religion.christian
Subject: Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within
Standard Physics
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:10:12 -0800
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
id 16DEF229782; Sun, 11 Feb 2024 16:07:33 -0500 (EST)
by beagle.ediacara.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id CF3FF22976E
for <talk-origins@ediacara.org>; Sun, 11 Feb 2024 16:07:30 -0500 (EST)
by moderators.individual.net (Exim 4.97)
for talk-origins@moderators.isc.org with esmtps (TLS1.3)
tls TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
(envelope-from <eastside.erik@gmail.com>)
id 1rZH5s-00000000eGU-1TS9; Sun, 11 Feb 2024 22:10:32 +0100
for <talk-origins@moderators.isc.org>; Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:10:15 -0800 (PST)
d=gmail.com; s=20230601; t=1707685814; x=1708290614; darn=moderators.isc.org;
h=content-transfer-encoding:in-reply-to:from:references:newsgroups:to
:content-language:subject:user-agent:mime-version:date:message-id
:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=DmJ/sEplJD2CJhck7BvH9TvglGKmz8MyNpYivzSrt4I=;
b=Awo6K8Z3mr3RxdqU5JpWxjaCV/7AQy/9REsJkUAu+ZPaENN1LT/yv+vqPZ7FLGagYu
l1fpvPq8rq5QkpDRe4258IVpxekOXrmH/0/X7fmPMqb1+x5LZZG04AM76C5d5/IrsqVw
DuRFMVZJ8dL9Z3eCrIWn/VMlMYS8GDcgaxsQsVyYM2JRoPuFHbEJhTzG9YByGGgW2mFq
Lhpsv3Ma+GWt11c9wLaMZ/us4+xqBfgeQzoYGaALoYR+ldDVnX5p6LEcqvVii64YzlEl
JGtaxEzlNG7geU+GCqARNKhWR1R5v7IsohoeVZQoJ5utka+sL1a2SUWADu3U9pXn9zek
TOFw==
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1707685814; x=1708290614;
h=content-transfer-encoding:in-reply-to:from:references:newsgroups:to
:content-language:subject:user-agent:mime-version:date:message-id
:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=DmJ/sEplJD2CJhck7BvH9TvglGKmz8MyNpYivzSrt4I=;
b=AYUGPbq6N5Bt9sWYcwpA3/LrtSNoxpKolr+7aPzH8np8XWkSev8YPd5YjsSfAY+XJS
xXxiiAqrX5SKprr43TpG6N3HlWAjLe4IBVaImBTijTFNK2CKnogDomn2l62a17CkxmaY
V2YjKQScFqeLwCe/9ApGmNi6OjEhexwQn4tQIaidZdGX6jSE+8xaNptl7kEi27oCcfRZ
NZ5RX6xAr1gfGHheiUeqSiFK/4C6M89FPh9y0k6mW6NHGAomQp/5bNDV8ihP7PF2ojfM
A1WSjIneFDwv8AoiSDtk4HzyHphxp4aEQdxR1S7EZn+LQ/OvTtE28Up3sp2ANdjL74S/
/SfQ==
 by: erik simpson - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 21:10 UTC

On 2/11/24 12:23 PM, James Redford wrote:
> [...]
> real, they however exist as naturally-evolved Minskian agent subset
> programs operating on the wet-computer of the human brain. For more on
> this, see my following article:
>
> * James Redford, "Societal Sadomasochism", Social Science Research
> Network (SSRN), July 4, 2021 (orig. pub. May 29, 2018), 4 pp.,
> doi:10.2139/ssrn.4500656,
> https://megalodon.jp/2023-0720-0523-07/archive.org/download/Societal-Sadomasochism/Redford-Societal-Sadomasochism.pdf
> ,
> https://archive.org/download/Societal-Sadomasochism/Redford-Societal-Sadomasochism.pdf
> , https://www.freezepage.com/1689798200YQSGMQCYTZ .

> James Redford
>
> Author of The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of
> Everything: And Other Selected Works (Chisinau, Moldova: Eliva Press,
> 2021), 268 pp., ISBN-10: 1636482775, ISBN-13: 9781636482774. See my

Well, I'll be. That just about does it. We can go home now.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Physics

<1qoscig.bokx1p16dhtlvN%nospam@de-ster.demon.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8160&group=talk.origins#8160

From: nos...@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder)
Newsgroups: talk.origins,talk.religion,talk.religion.christian
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 23:22:32 +0100
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
id B706D22976C; Sun, 11 Feb 2024 17:19:42 -0500 (EST)
by beagle.ediacara.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 791D7229758
for <talk-origins@ediacara.org>; Sun, 11 Feb 2024 17:19:40 -0500 (EST)
by moderators.individual.net (Exim 4.97)
for talk-origins@moderators.isc.org with esmtps (TLS1.3)
tls TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
(envelope-from <news@eternal-september.org>)
id 1rZIDi-00000000jHJ-0qIn; Sun, 11 Feb 2024 23:22:42 +0100
id 7FB3FDC01A9; Sun, 11 Feb 2024 23:22:32 +0100 (CET)
 by: J. J. Lodder - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 22:22 UTC

erik simpson <eastside.erik@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/11/24 12:23 PM, James Redford wrote:
[-]
> > James Redford
> >
> > Author of The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of
> > Everything: And Other Selected Works (Chisinau, Moldova: Eliva Press,
> > 2021), 268 pp., ISBN-10: 1636482775, ISBN-13: 9781636482774. See my
> > curriculum vitæ (ark:/13960/t6g19878v):
> > https://jamesredford.github.io/Redford-Curriculum-Vitae.pdf ,
> > https://archive.org/download/JamesRedford/Redford-Curriculum-Vitae.pdf
> >
> Well, I'll be. That just about does it. We can go home now.

Sure, if home is talk.religion.christian

Is DIG's ban on crossposting no longer in force?

Jan

Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Physics

<3cc5f8e4-4a57-4998-a032-e792d1d65af5@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8161&group=talk.origins#8161

From: eastside...@gmail.com (erik simpson)
Newsgroups: talk.origins,talk.religion,talk.religion.christian
Standard Physics
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 14:35:15 -0800
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
d=gmail.com; s=20230601; t=1707690918; x=1708295718; darn=moderators.isc.org;
h=content-transfer-encoding:in-reply-to:from:references:newsgroups:to
:content-language:subject:user-agent:mime-version:date:message-id
:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=Qfgvs2gnFO5YV/zQQ9hcwVAEpOWrzWEmfSBJHgZSH7k=;
b=awTYgjLcaKu097ZR/fDqGJSgFnRb9B8Qsj0oBiTNF7lSQzf9uiDXqxegEQbsRGnOOw
UUdQERyPB17/ywlwcKpFl/RYL3rLr3LIetUbijbKfBc5tEfKvNuAWbZV+3RPQUp3EjBN
4ns/uVb0IqcynP8Acp8SdTLckZOHJ/iVhhuW1NE0S7QeN0fFgodl88ydatDrQr15s8/V
TLR1JXTE6KudNk1LmHiV9JZOfF0h77NOW8NbeBizChQlczqyJp44m7DMsCQl5KEBOxQZ
hg3DtWB3ZBN7sEBP0dmGkjXDd9lhUnuIeNa/3/cCeamIwwgwNS2vyrZtwiDiT7YjRVB4
whSg==
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1707690918; x=1708295718;
h=content-transfer-encoding:in-reply-to:from:references:newsgroups:to
:content-language:subject:user-agent:mime-version:date:message-id
:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to;
bh=Qfgvs2gnFO5YV/zQQ9hcwVAEpOWrzWEmfSBJHgZSH7k=;
b=JMrc1yyhAFVoM/W+DB9WGmGJC0244KeHIOzcHAtgVHctrBigenj3d3I8TAEOTkDyld
zpOpOLh8sCEyUpBbwVzsJY+lIeunDTqKf6Tr8Jc2eFyOr8LQTEGCrlmNZcQ2FTO07fmU
wmr0et+RSCJ2Z67r9ye+Z7PXCRqf4ds29cLDDWymJhnb4V7ey5ung7fyEccxgHkEeJIA
uqSHDK0c59W1If4fgkLiwGPhRETR+G85IWXaXQ3rsE1nfIH2QUvrr5i40y4bw075RO0L
OZUpwL6fn35FLTPTiT4MhurA4Wdjul/qXDd29a2Jzn62e81uIaKngXbPmhSGT6FCB2GI
Z/ng==
 by: erik simpson - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 22:35 UTC

On 2/11/24 2:22 PM, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> erik simpson <eastside.erik@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/11/24 12:23 PM, James Redford wrote:
> [-]
>>> James Redford
>>>
>>> Author of The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of
>>> Everything: And Other Selected Works (Chisinau, Moldova: Eliva Press,
>>> 2021), 268 pp., ISBN-10: 1636482775, ISBN-13: 9781636482774. See my
>>> curriculum vitæ (ark:/13960/t6g19878v):
>>> https://jamesredford.github.io/Redford-Curriculum-Vitae.pdf ,
>>> https://archive.org/download/JamesRedford/Redford-Curriculum-Vitae.pdf
>>>
>> Well, I'll be. That just about does it. We can go home now.
>
> Sure, if home is talk.religion.christian
>
> Is DIG's ban on crossposting no longer in force?
>
> Jan

Where else did that show up? The power of the internet is clear here.
Prof. Tipler's train jumped the tracks over twenty years ago. Of
course, he has tenure, so still has a bully pulpit.

Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Physics

<QvydnZLEnpmkwVT4nZ2dnZfqlJxj4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8162&group=talk.origins#8162

From: john.har...@gmail.com (John Harshman)
Newsgroups: talk.origins,talk.religion,talk.religion.christian
Standard Physics
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 15:46:01 -0800
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
id 12CAF22976C; Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:43:18 -0500 (EST)
by beagle.ediacara.org (Postfix) with ESMTPS id CE86C229758
for <talk-origins@ediacara.org>; Sun, 11 Feb 2024 18:43:15 -0500 (EST)
by moderators.individual.net (Exim 4.97)
for talk-origins@moderators.isc.org with esmtp
(envelope-from <poster@giganews.com>)
id 1rZJWb-00000000pj1-2Bnp; Mon, 12 Feb 2024 00:46:17 +0100
by egress-mx.phmgmt.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 7287F612CB
for <talk-origins@moderators.isc.org>; Sun, 11 Feb 2024 23:44:47 +0000 (UTC)
by serv-2.ord.giganews.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 46FD64404B9
for <talk-origins@moderators.isc.org>; Sun, 11 Feb 2024 17:46:07 -0600 (CST)
by serv-2.i.ord.giganews.com (8.14.4/8.14.4/Submit) id 41BNk6ME021474;
Sun, 11 Feb 2024 17:46:06 -0600
 by: John Harshman - Sun, 11 Feb 2024 23:46 UTC

On 2/11/24 2:22 PM, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> erik simpson <eastside.erik@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/11/24 12:23 PM, James Redford wrote:
> [-]
>>> James Redford
>>>
>>> Author of The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of
>>> Everything: And Other Selected Works (Chisinau, Moldova: Eliva Press,
>>> 2021), 268 pp., ISBN-10: 1636482775, ISBN-13: 9781636482774. See my
>>> curriculum vitæ (ark:/13960/t6g19878v):
>>> https://jamesredford.github.io/Redford-Curriculum-Vitae.pdf ,
>>> https://archive.org/download/JamesRedford/Redford-Curriculum-Vitae.pdf
>>>
>> Well, I'll be. That just about does it. We can go home now.
>
> Sure, if home is talk.religion.christian
>
> Is DIG's ban on crossposting no longer in force?
>
> Jan

The ban is on more than 4 groups crossposted. Just two is fine.

Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Physics

<trpisilo1g2j4e36uso36s12gpjlo5u072@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8163&group=talk.origins#8163

From: jrredf...@yahoo.com (James Redford)
Newsgroups: talk.origins,talk.religion,talk.religion.christian
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 19:52:00 -0500
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: James Redford - Mon, 12 Feb 2024 00:52 UTC

On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 14:35:15 -0800, erik simpson
<eastside.erik@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 2/11/24 2:22 PM, J. J. Lodder wrote:
>> erik simpson <eastside.erik@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 2/11/24 12:23 PM, James Redford wrote:
>> [-]

>>> Well, I'll be. That just about does it. We can go home now.
>>
>> Sure, if home is talk.religion.christian
>>
>> Is DIG's ban on crossposting no longer in force?
>>
>> Jan
>>
>Where else did that show up? The power of the internet is clear here.
>Prof. Tipler's train jumped the tracks over twenty years ago. Of
>course, he has tenure, so still has a bully pulpit.

Physicist and mathematician Prof. Frank J. Tipler's Omega Point
cosmology has been extensively peer-reviewed and published in a number
of the world's leading physics and science journals.[1] Even NASA
itself has peer-reviewed his Omega Point Theorem and found it correct
according to the known physical laws (see below). No refutation of it
exists within the peer-reviewed scientific literature, or anywhere
else for that matter.

Below are some of the peer-reviewed papers in physics and science
journals and proceedings wherein Prof. Tipler has published his Omega
Point cosmology.

* Frank J. Tipler, "Cosmological Limits on Computation", International
Journal of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 25, No. 6 (June 1986), pp.
617-661, doi:10.1007/BF00670475, bibcode: 1986IJTP...25..617T,
https://web.archive.org/web/20120823230026/http://theophysics.host56.com/pdf/Tipler-Cosmological-Limits-on-Computation.pdf
... First paper on the Omega Point cosmology.

* Frank J. Tipler, "The Sensorium of God: Newton and Absolute Space",
bibcode: 1988nnds.conf..215T, in G[eorge]. V. Coyne, M[ichal]. Heller
and J[ozef]. Zycinski (Eds.), "Message" by Franciszek Macharski,
Newton and the New Direction in Science: Proceedings of the Cracow
Conference, 25 to 28 May 1987 (Vatican City: Specola Vaticana, 1988),
pp. 215-228, LCCN 88162460, bibcode: 1988nnds.conf.....C,
https://web.archive.org/web/20120823230043/http://theophysics.host56.com/pdf/Tipler-Sensorium-of-God.pdf

* Frank J. Tipler, "The Omega Point Theory: A Model of an Evolving
God", in Robert J. Russell, William R. Stoeger and George V. Coyne
(Eds.), message by John Paul II, Physics, Philosophy, and Theology: A
Common Quest for Understanding (Vatican City: Vatican Observatory, 2nd
ed., 2005; orig. pub. 1988), pp. 313-331, ISBN 0268015775, LCCN
89203331, bibcode: 1988pptc.book.....R,
https://web.archive.org/web/20120823230038/http://theophysics.host56.com/pdf/Tipler-Omega-Point-Theory.pdf

* Frank J. Tipler, "The Anthropic Principle: A Primer for
Philosophers", in Arthur Fine and Jarrett Leplin (Eds.), PSA 1988:
Proceedings of the 1988 Biennial Meeting of the Philosophy of Science
Association, Volume Two: Symposia and Invited Papers (East Lansing,
Mich.: Philosophy of Science Association, 1989), pp. 27-48, ISBN
091758628X,
https://web.archive.org/web/20120823230020/http://theophysics.host56.com/pdf/Tipler-Anthropic-Principle.pdf

* Frank J. Tipler, "The Omega Point as Eschaton: Answers to
Pannenberg's Questions for Scientists", Zygon: Journal of Religion &
Science, Vol. 24, No. 2 (June 1989), pp. 217-253,
doi:10.1111/j.1467-9744.1989.tb01112.x. Republished as Chapter 7: "The
Omega Point as Eschaton: Answers to Pannenberg's Questions to
Scientists" in Carol Rausch Albright and Joel Haugen (Eds.), Beginning
with the End: God, Science, and Wolfhart Pannenberg (Chicago, Ill.:
Open Court Publishing Company, 1997), pp. 156-194, ISBN 0812693256,
LCCN 97000114,
https://web.archive.org/web/20160804171818/http://theophysics.host56.com/pdf/tipler-omega-point-as-eschaton.pdf

* Frank J. Tipler, "The ultimate fate of life in universes which
undergo inflation", Physics Letters B, Vol. 286, Nos. 1-2 (July 23,
1992), pp. 36-43, doi:10.1016/0370-2693(92)90155-W, bibcode:
1992PhLB..286...36T,
https://web.archive.org/web/20120823230031/http://theophysics.host56.com/pdf/Tipler-Life-in-universes-which-undergo-inflation.pdf

* Frank J. Tipler, "A New Condition Implying the Existence of a
Constant Mean Curvature Foliation", bibcode: 1993dgr2.conf..306T, in
B[ei]. L. Hu and T[ed]. A. Jacobson (Eds.), Directions in General
Relativity: Proceedings of the 1993 International Symposium, Maryland,
Volume 2: Papers in Honor of Dieter Brill (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge
University Press, 1993), pp. 306-315, ISBN 0521452678, bibcode:
1993dgr2.conf.....H,
https://web.archive.org/web/20120823230050/http://theophysics.host56.com/pdf/tipler-constant-mean-curvature-foliation.pdf

* Frank J. Tipler, "Ultrarelativistic Rockets and the Ultimate Future
of the Universe", NASA Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Workshop
Proceedings, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Jan. 1999,
pp. 111-119; an invited paper in the proceedings of a conference held
at and sponsored by NASA Lewis Research Center, Cleveland, Ohio, Aug.
12-14, 1997; doi:2060/19990023204, Document ID: 19990023204, Report
Number: E-11429; NAS 1.55:208694; NASA/CP-1999-208694,
https://web.archive.org/web/20120823230148/http://theophysics.host56.com/pdf/tipler-ultrarelativistic-rockets.pdf
... Full proceedings volume:
https://web.archive.org/web/20100525230359/http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19990023204_1999021520.pdf

* Frank J. Tipler, "There Are No Limits To The Open Society", Critical
Rationalist, Vol. 3, No. 2 (Sept. 23, 1998),
https://web.archive.org/web/20150819193439/http://www.tkpw.net/tcr/volume-03/number-02/v03n02.pdf

* Frank J. Tipler, Jessica Graber, Matthew McGinley, Joshua
Nichols-Barrer and Christopher Staecker, "Closed Universes With Black
Holes But No Event Horizons As a Solution to the Black Hole
Information Problem", arXiv:gr-qc/0003082, Mar. 20, 2000,
http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0003082 . Published in Monthly Notices of
the Royal Astronomical Society, Vol. 379, No. 2 (Aug. 2007), pp.
629-640, doi:10.1111/j.1365-2966.2007.11895.x, bibcode:
2007MNRAS.379..629T,
https://megalodon.jp/2019-0920-0621-46/academic.oup.com/mnras/article-pdf/379/2/629/3385142/mnras0379-0629.pdf

* Frank J. Tipler, "The Ultimate Future of the Universe, Black Hole
Event Horizon Topologies, Holography, and the Value of the
Cosmological Constant", arXiv:astro-ph/0104011, Apr. 1, 2001,
http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0104011 . Published in J. Craig Wheeler
and Hugo Martel (Eds.), Relativistic Astrophysics: 20th Texas
Symposium, Austin, Texas, 10-15 December 2000 (Melville, NY: American
Institute of Physics, 2001), pp. 769-772, ISBN 0735400261, LCCN
2001094694, which is AIP Conference Proceedings, Vol. 586 (Oct. 15,
2001), doi:10.1063/1.1419654, bibcode: 2001AIPC..586.....W.

* Frank J. Tipler, "Intelligent life in cosmology", International
Journal of Astrobiology, Vol. 2, No. 2 (Apr. 2003), pp. 141-148,
doi:10.1017/S1473550403001526, bibcode: 2003IJAsB...2..141T,
https://web.archive.org/web/20110712221042/http://theophysics.host56.com/pdf/tipler-intelligent-life-in-cosmology.pdf
... Also at arXiv:0704.0058, Mar. 31, 2007,
http://arxiv.org/abs/0704.0058 .

* F. J. Tipler, "The structure of the world from pure numbers",
Reports on Progress in Physics, Vol. 68, No. 4 (Apr. 2005), pp.
897-964, doi:10.1088/0034-4885/68/4/R04, bibcode: 2005RPPh...68..897T,
http://www.math.tulane.edu/~tipler/theoryofeverything.pdf . Also
released as "Feynman-Weinberg Quantum Gravity and the Extended
Standard Model as a Theory of Everything", arXiv:0704.3276, Apr. 24,
2007, http://arxiv.org/abs/0704.3276 .

* Frank J. Tipler, "Inevitable Existence and Inevitable Goodness of
the Singularity", Journal of Consciousness Studies, Vol. 19, Nos. 1-2
(2012), pp. 183-193,
https://web.archive.org/web/20140812163252/http://www.pdf-archive.com/2013/09/29/tipler-existence-and-goodness-of-the-singularity/tipler-existence-and-goodness-of-the-singularity.pdf

Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, in which the above
August 2007 paper was published, is one of the world's leading
peer-reviewed astrophysics journals.

Prof. Tipler's paper "Ultrarelativistic Rockets and the Ultimate
Future of the Universe" was an invited paper for a conference held at
and sponsored by NASA Lewis Research Center, so NASA itself has
peer-reviewed Tipler's Omega Point Theorem (peer-review is a standard
process for published proceedings papers; and again, Tipler's said
paper was an *invited* paper by NASA, as opposed to what are called
"poster papers").

Click here to read the complete article
Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Physics

<71e682e0-84b7-40a7-8951-eb2b5406bcabn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8315&group=talk.origins#8315

From: israelsa...@gmail.com (israel sadovnik)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Standard Physics
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 22:47:06 -0800 (PST)
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1708152427; x=1708757227;
h=to:injection-date:from:subject:message-id:mime-version:user-agent
:references:nntp-posting-host:injection-info:in-reply-to:date
:newsgroups:path:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date
:message-id:reply-to;
bh=OMmDX8U3GDnZdvDK0pkPevDtFzliyKbIOTRjjeyb47E=;
b=vs7pZZeZDECD58Ps4vaBVFvu7teUpl+tOwBLFwq241Z+4QdKOWr9kX2vc76EFp38LB
kWnrrRHf+6lzGh/GvFuCYqAUW5MjOUa9WkXUdrLfg7zHOEdu9i6XJONKEMMvkitoBtOT
IQFiAF+xQ3AaNrWebH9m3HBN7qLf6Vs9BSoUehXdP6/J7uEcQRQzsim/82jfanzTN4eO
STIKN1AEqXDFRBkxObo8EeJ4Dhb4yXZY/IpyhqHuK30n0aqcw2w+DOp9OBTbYXFYBU5U
GM7bA9uElA718rMXZHYSv6JP5VGDFUSdmifAPLviukapFUwlbWH2YFyb0lZhwbSbTX7z
mhwQ==
 by: israel sadovnik - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 06:47 UTC

On Sunday 11 February 2024 at 22:28:07 UTC+2, James Redford wrote:
> Physicist and mathematician Prof. Frank J. Tipler's Omega Point
> cosmology is a proof (i.e., mathematical theorem) demonstrating that
> sapient life (in the form of, e.g., immortal superintelligent
> human-mind computer-uploads and artificial intelligences) is required
> by the known laws of physics (viz., the Second Law of Thermodynamics,
> General Relativity, and Quantum Mechanics) to take control over all
> matter in the universe, for said life to eventually force the collapse
> of the universe, and for the computational resources of the universe
> (in terms of both processor speed and memory storage) to diverge to
> infinity as the universe collapses into a final singularity, termed
> the Omega Point. Said Omega Point cosmology is also an intrinsic
> component of the Feynman-DeWitt-Weinberg quantum gravity/Standard
> Model Theory of Everything (TOE) correctly describing and unifying all
> the forces in physics, of which TOE is itself mathematically forced by
> the aforesaid known physical laws.
>
> Prof. Tipler's Omega Point cosmology has been extensively
> peer-reviewed and published in a number of the world's leading physics
> and science journals, such as Reports on Progress in Physics (the
> leading journal of the Institute of Physics, Britain's main
> professional organization for physicists), Monthly Notices of the
> Royal Astronomical Society (one of the world's leading astrophysics
> journals), the International Journal of Theoretical Physics (a journal
> that Nobel Prize in Physics winner Richard Feynman also published in),
> and Physics Letters, among other journals.
>
> Prof. Tipler's Ph.D. is in the field of Global General Relativity,
> which is the field created by Profs. Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose
> during the formulation of their Singularity Theorems in the 1960s.
> Global General Relativity is General Relativity applied on the scale
> of the entire universe as a whole, and is the most elite and rarefied
> field of physics. Tipler is also an expert in quantum field theory
> (i.e., Quantum Mechanics combined with special-relativistic particle
> physics) and computer theory. Moreover, to here point out, said
> Singularity Theorems are themselves completely valid proofs of God's
> existence in the First Cause aspect of God.
>
> The Omega Point final singularity has all the unique properties
> (quiddities) claimed for God in the traditional religions. For much
> more on Prof. Tipler's Omega Point cosmology and the details on how it
> uniquely conforms to, and precisely matches, the cosmology described
> in the New Testament, see my following article, which also addresses
> the societal implications of the Omega Point cosmology:
>
> * James Redford, "The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of
> Everything", Social Science Research Network (SSRN), Sept. 10, 2012

The Big Bang Singularity Theorem is itself a completely valid proof of the existence of God.
Why? Because in order to collapse the Universe into the final singularity (a point of zero volume,
but the mass, energy and density are infinite), an Super-infinite force is needed to create this point.
Only God has this Super-infinite power.
========

Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Physics

<1qp2iwj.6n1ij9vhsz3cN%nospam@de-ster.demon.nl>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8320&group=talk.origins#8320

From: nos...@de-ster.demon.nl (J. J. Lodder)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 11:07:39 +0100
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: J. J. Lodder - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 10:07 UTC

John Harshman <john.harshman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/11/24 2:22 PM, J. J. Lodder wrote:
> > erik simpson <eastside.erik@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On 2/11/24 12:23 PM, James Redford wrote:
> > [-]

> >> Well, I'll be. That just about does it. We can go home now.
> >
> > Sure, if home is talk.religion.christian
> >
> > Is DIG's ban on crossposting no longer in force?
> >
> > Jan
> >
> The ban is on more than 4 groups crossposted. Just two is fine.

Two may be fine, but Three is a crowd,

Jan

Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Physics

<uqr77k$jkfi$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8349&group=talk.origins#8349

From: dmca...@uwaterloo.ca (David Canzi)
Newsgroups: talk.origins,talk.religion,talk.religion.christian
Standard Physics
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 16:08:02 -0500
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: David Canzi - Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:08 UTC

On 2/11/24 15:23, James Redford wrote:
> Physicist and mathematician Prof. Frank J. Tipler's Omega Point
> cosmology is a proof (i.e., mathematical theorem) demonstrating that

"Theorem" is not a synonym for "proof".

[snipped the rest]

Is there anything in the great heap of jargon salad you've given us
that doesn't just reduce to appealing to authority?

--
David Canzi

"In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the
last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened
but inferior lexicographer I beg to submit it is the first."
Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_

Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Physics

<407a2da2-9c64-4641-966e-7badd320183cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8365&group=talk.origins#8365

From: israelsa...@gmail.com (israel sadovnik)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Standard Physics
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2024 23:02:12 -0800 (PST)
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
d=1e100.net; s=20230601; t=1708239733; x=1708844533;
h=to:injection-date:from:subject:message-id:mime-version:user-agent
:references:nntp-posting-host:injection-info:in-reply-to:date
:newsgroups:path:x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date
:message-id:reply-to;
bh=gHFnjAKXVeppJBRJYoxtaQQqy0+xJzZsprPf+Sc8/Do=;
b=WdVlb45zyhxKQrLH9mYPLZIcxTSqQdqgU5dL3BiFClkp4ZKcNAH2rulcgUPMnXO7rE
zDM0tGdbBkTEhsnKcUmf0i7AcOZXVQPrgaGJgTSDex8bI9X5HKZDlhO8ENmC07iTkjIC
qVQ9DONSpbna/V/Xvejrw6uUeLiJ/ExWjIaWl2mFW8YhTGjNYGHeFlqOPq7JVppqRz10
qLnYczRhDliYsmbyWw5wdr2HKUlL2m+HnuHaiYlhbHXWF/7hfTPPQ0zAcOhNpehjTKpB
WyLZUm1t6HS2SnabzPzbulc+XyHCRH2zE5UlLi7cewTuP3L2tQaVmYASCbQTWYDPKQmV
zOSA==
 by: israel sadovnik - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 07:02 UTC

On Saturday 17 February 2024 at 23:13:13 UTC+2, David Canzi wrote:
> On 2/11/24 15:23, James Redford wrote:
> > Physicist and mathematician Prof. Frank J. Tipler's Omega Point
> > cosmology is a proof (i.e., mathematical theorem) demonstrating that
> "Theorem" is not a synonym for "proof".
>
> --
> David Canzi

-----------
Book: "Only the longest threads"
"Facts are not science, as the dictionary is not literature.
It's the connections that create meaning.
Literature lies in the way you link words,
and science in the way you link facts.
The shape of a story or a theory depends on how we join the dots"
/Tasneem Zehra Husain, page 17/
--------

Re: God's Existence Is Proven by Several Mathematical Theorems within Standard Physics

<jag4ti9ighqhir05uuqbhqlalfrt8begcq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8398&group=talk.origins#8398

From: jrredf...@yahoo.com (James Redford)
Newsgroups: talk.origins,talk.religion,talk.religion.christian
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 12:42:06 -0500
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: James Redford - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 17:42 UTC

On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 16:08:02 -0500, David Canzi <dmcanzi@uwaterloo.ca>
wrote:

>On 2/11/24 15:23, James Redford wrote:
>> Physicist and mathematician Prof. Frank J. Tipler's Omega Point
>> cosmology is a proof (i.e., mathematical theorem) demonstrating that
>
>"Theorem" is not a synonym for "proof".
>
>[snipped the rest]
>
>Is there anything in the great heap of jargon salad you've given us
>that doesn't just reduce to appealing to authority?

The only way to avoid physicist and mathematician Prof. Frank J.
Tipler's Omega Point cosmology is to reject the known laws of physics
(i.e., the Second Law of Thermodynamics, General Relativity, and
Quantum Mechanics), and hence to reject empirical science: as these
physical laws have been confirmed by every experiment to date. That
is, there exists no rational reason for thinking that the Omega Point
cosmology is incorrect, and indeed, one must engage in extreme
irrationality in order to argue against the Omega Point cosmology. As
Prof. Stephen Hawking wrote, "one cannot really argue with a
mathematical theorem." (From p. 67 of Stephen Hawking, The Illustrated
A Brief History of Time [New York, NY: Bantam Books, 1996; 1st ed.,
1988].)

Additionally, we now have the quantum gravity Theory of Everything
(TOE) required by the known laws of physics and that correctly
describes and unifies all the forces in physics: of which inherently
produces the Omega Point cosmology. So here we have an additional high
degree of assurance that the Omega Point cosmology is correct.

<uqtnjg$1dve4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=8399&group=talk.origins#8399

From: dmca...@uwaterloo.ca (David Canzi)
Newsgroups: talk.origins,talk.religion,talk.religion.christian
Standard Physics
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 14:59:44 -0500
Sender: to%beagle.ediacara.org
To: talk-origins@moderators.isc.org
 by: David Canzi - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 19:59 UTC

On 2/18/24 12:42, James Redford wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 16:08:02 -0500, David Canzi <dmcanzi@uwaterloo.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2/11/24 15:23, James Redford wrote:
>>> Physicist and mathematician Prof. Frank J. Tipler's Omega Point
>>> cosmology is a proof (i.e., mathematical theorem) demonstrating that
>>
>> "Theorem" is not a synonym for "proof".
>>
>> [snipped the rest]
>>
>> Is there anything in the great heap of jargon salad you've given us
>> that doesn't just reduce to appealing to authority?
>
> The only way to avoid physicist and mathematician Prof. Frank J.
> Tipler's Omega Point cosmology is to reject the known laws of physics
> (i.e., the Second Law of Thermodynamics, General Relativity, and
> Quantum Mechanics), and hence to reject empirical science: as these

What is the role of the second law of thermodynamics in this?