From: ddantg...@mail.ru (Nick)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.bulgaria
Subject: Dozens of reindeer have been killed for crossing into Russia, as
Norway fixes Arctic fence …
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 18:56:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nick - Wed, 30 Aug 2023 18:56 UTC

Dozens of reindeer have been killed for crossing into Russia, as Norway
fixes Arctic fence

By Euronews Green with APTN

Published on 25/08/2023 - 12:29•Updated 29/08/2023 - 15:41

Norway hopes to save money from Russia with this €500,000 fence fix to
stop the Sámi reindeer herds crossing the border.

Norway is rebuilding a dilapidated reindeer fence along its border with
Russia in the Arctic to stop the animals from wandering into the
neighbouring country. These are costly strolls for Oslo, which has to
compensate Moscow over loss of grassland.

So far this year, 42 reindeer have crossed into Russia seeking better
pastures and grazing land, according to Norwegian officials.

The reindeer barrier along the Norway-Russia border spans 150 kilometres
and dates back to 1954. The Norwegian Agriculture Agency said a stretch of
about 7 kilometres between the Norwegian towns of Hamborgvatnet and
Storskog would be replaced.

The construction, with a price tag of 3.7 million kroner (around
€320,000),is to be completed by 1 October, the agency said.

https://www.euronews.com/green/2023/08/25/dozens-of-reindeer-have-been-killed-for-crossing-into-russia-as-norway-fixes-arctic-fence

Мда, явно обсесията не прощава и на други.

--
«地 球 誕 生 在 牛 市 的 小 時 — Earth is born in the Bull's hour»

interests / soc.culture.bulgaria / Dozens of reindeer have been killed for crossing into Russia, as Norway fixes Arctic fence …