Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 01:11:56 +0000
Subject: More Retail Listings for 2025
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 25 Apr 2024 01:11 UTC

There's a list that's making the rounds that was translated from Chinese, so the meaning of some of it is rather unclear and may not have been translated accurately. Some of this corroborates rumors we've heard previously, while some of it is new.

I'm just going to transcribe it exactly as it was posted.

G1028 Deluxe Bruticus Swindle (unable to combine)
G127 Deluxe Cybertron Crasher (old retool)
G126 Deluxe Alchemist Prime
G1019 Voyager RiD Sky-Byte
G1018 Voyager Rescue Bot Heatwave
G1018 Leader Centaur Form Onyx Prime

It's not readily evident whether the "unable to combine" part is due to the fact that the other Combaticons aren't available yet, so there's nobody for him to combine with YET, or whether this means something else. Some people are speculating that it's actually Swindle from Animated, but it seems strange that he would be specifically described as "BRUTICUS Swindle" if that were the case.

There is also supposedly a Collaborative toy of Sonic coming, which I assume to mean Sonic the Hedgehog, in either a red or blue color.

We're going to be getting a Studio Series '86 Perceptor as a Target exclusive that will be packed with Ramhorn as well as a "bat cassette" (who I assume is Ratbat).

There's another Target exclusive of a "black repaint of conehead mold" plus a "blue car" and is said to be an old video game character. It sounds like it could be generic Decepticons from the Transformers: Devastation game from 2015, with the blue Decepticon trooper possibly using the Battlecharger mold from Earthrise.

There are two Amazon two-packs coming. One is described as Spinister and a Twin Twist redeco. I'm not sure if Spinister himself is a redeco or whether they're bringing the character back. (Also, we already got the Diaclone-inspired Twin Twist redeco. You'd think they would have done Topspin instead.) The other is a redeco of Hound as Ironfist, and a purple redeco of Weirdwolf. People are already speculating this could be Carnivac. I find that notion very intriguing. I would not mind a new Carnivac toy at all.

There is a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive that will be a Commander-class set that will include Jetfire and characters called Darak and Solila. I had to look this up, but they are apparently characters from a comic book called Void Rivals. Shrug.

There will be a Hasbro Pulse exclusive of a Hearts of Steel version of one of the Autobots, but it's not immediately evident whether it's Bumblebee or Optimus Prime.

And finally, there are Walmart exclusives coming that will include Dark Cybertron Starscream, Cybertron Sideways, and a red redeco of Cybertron Hot Shot (which I guess would make him Excellion).

Zob (it's always interesting, months down the road, which of these rumors prove accurate and which ones don't)

interests / alt.toys.transformers / More Retail Listings for 2025