A boss with no humor is like a job that's no fun.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper Images

SubjectAuthor
* Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper ImagesZobovor
+* Re: Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper ImagesGoBackaTron
|`* Re: Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper ImagesOptim
| +- Re: Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper ImagesTravoltron
| `- Re: Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper ImagesGoBackaTron
`* Re: Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper ImagesGustavoWombat
 `- Re: Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper ImagesZobovor

1
Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper Images

<db0fd211a89604847cbe9f2b8c2e2459@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9152&group=alt.toys.transformers#9152

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:53:20 +0000
Subject: Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper Images
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 14:53 UTC

Looks like Takara is, indeed, going to expand the Missing Link concept to other characters besides Optimus Prime. This popped up this morning:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/04/26/takara-missing-link-bumblebee-cliffjumper-possible-first-look-510074

In concept it's similar to the unofficial Impossible Toys versions of Hill-Jumper and Bumble-Bug that were widely available a number of years ago, but the proportions on those were always a bit weird. The Takara versions, besides being official toys, seem to have nailed the G1 proportions exactly, and yet still incorporated an impressive level of articulation.

Zob (honestly, I can't wait for a whole toy line full of these things... Starscream, Soundwave, Jazz, Grimlock... and there's nothing to stop Takara from doing Megatron, too)

Re: Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper Images

<0de52a2cdc9ca48db2b57e27517727c6@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9167&group=alt.toys.transformers#9167

Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 17:57:03 +0000
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (GoBackaTron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
 by: GoBackaTron - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 17:57 UTC

This is definitely the box art accurate line I have been dreaming of. I would willingly replace every modern era update of every character with these. Even Masterpiece is rendered obsolete by this. I can want for nothing more. I can live with just this.

MissingLink Wheelie will still be terrible, though.

Re: Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper Images

<9262340e105cdf6e359831998f0e8793@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9173&group=alt.toys.transformers#9173

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 15:19:04 +0000
From: Opti...@outlook.com (Optim)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
 by: Optim - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 15:19 UTC

GoBackaTron wrote:

> This is definitely the box art accurate line I have been dreaming of. I would willingly replace every modern era update of every character with these. Even Masterpiece is rendered obsolete by this. I can want for nothing more. I can live with just this.

> MissingLink Wheelie will still be terrible, though.

I agree with you 100%. This is the updated TF I have been looking for all these years - posable versions of the original G1 toys from 1984-85. I have always wanted to pose them to match their box arts. I don't know if I'll buy them though. If they had been available 20 years ago onwards I would have bought those instead of buying the Masterpiece toys, Fan Toys as well as the various sublines. Now it is 40 years too late. I promised myself not to buy any more G1 toys because I already have too many of them in a room.

If Takara ever does Missing Link Megatron I hope they are not faithful to the original colour scheme. The original Megatron toy had chrome on the arms and chest but not on the barrel, the helmet and the shins. To realistically imitate a Walter P38 gun, all those parts have to be the same colour. Either chrome Megatron consistently or don't chrome him at all as long as they are all the same colour.

Re: Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper Images

<v0oerc$1qp10$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9174&group=alt.toys.transformers#9174

From: Travolt...@fakeemail.com (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 08:37:16 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 15:37 UTC

Megatron would be cool if they would use elements of the prototype
design with the gun barrel on his back.
https://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Earlymegatron.jpg

Re: Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper Images

<b68142987a07af69f1990ccd675ede6d@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9182&group=alt.toys.transformers#9182

Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 03:40:38 +0000
From: pork.not...@gmail.com (GustavoWombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
 by: GustavoWombat - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 03:40 UTC

Do we know if these are still the same size? That’s a lot of tiny pieces if they are, but I could definitely accept them being upscaled a bit.

Re: Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper Images

<d116b7efb96739a82122520af895150e@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9184&group=alt.toys.transformers#9184

Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 22:57:41 +0000
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 22:57 UTC

GustavoWombat wrote:

> Do we know if these are still the same size? That’s a lot of tiny pieces if they are, but I could definitely accept them being upscaled a bit.

Well, Missing Link Optimus is precisely 1:1 scale with the original G1 toy from 1984. So that sets a precedent. I would assume Missing Link Bumblebee would be the same, but who knows? Agreed, he will have some very tiny parts.

Zob (and a tiny little gun! Squeeeee!)

Re: Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper Images

<786405dffae40ad07410481668c15734@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9186&group=alt.toys.transformers#9186

Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 02:43:06 +0000
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (GoBackaTron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
 by: GoBackaTron - Thu, 2 May 2024 02:43 UTC

Optim wrote:
> I agree with you 100%. This is the updated TF I have been looking for all these years - posable versions of the original G1 toys from 1984-85.

If they announce a MissingLink blue Bluestreak I will dump every Transformer I have bought since 1992 in the Toys For Tots bin this Christmas.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Missing Link Bumblebee and Cliffjumper Images