From: pork.not...@gmail.com (GustavoWombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Does Carly have a last name in any continuity?
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 05:15:31 +0000
 by: GustavoWombat - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 05:15 UTC

I mean, other than Witwicky.

The more times I refer to her as Dr. Carly Ocelot-Rampage in my unfortunate fanfic, the more I think I’m ok with that as a name, and it was just meant as a placeholder. I don’t know that she’s *not* Dr. Ocelot-Rampage.

Does she have a comics analogue that has a last name?

Re: Does Carly have a last name in any continuity?

<cf50b7270b9279d65ea6464771abcc67@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9172&group=alt.toys.transformers#9172

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 13:14:11 +0000
Subject: Re: Does Carly have a last name in any continuity?
From: sar...@kernowgirl.co.uk (VelvetGlove)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
 by: VelvetGlove - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 13:14 UTC

Live action movie-verse was Carly Spencer, but I don't think G1 Carly ever had a surname--though there's still plenty of time for that with all the G1 comic stuff that's always being churned out.

I suppose her 80s comic analog was Buster Witwicky's girlfriend, Jessie, but I don't think she had a surname either.

Velvet Glove (It's convenient to decide she took Spike's name when she got married, but I prefer the idea that she kept her own surname professionally.)

Re: Does Carly have a last name in any continuity?

<v0pkcb$2745g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9177&group=alt.toys.transformers#9177

From: Travolt...@fakeemail.com (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 19:17:46 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 02:17 UTC

On 4/29/2024 6:14 AM, VelvetGlove wrote:
> It's convenient to decide she took Spike's name when she got married,
> but I prefer the idea that she kept her own surname professionally.

We don't know that. Maybe her maiden name was also Witwicky. It's
probably a common name in the Transformers universe. Like Megatron.

Re: Does Carly have a last name in any continuity?

<344fbf913a94f43f39cba0032fcc69ab@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9178&group=alt.toys.transformers#9178

Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 02:29:49 +0000
From: joe.bard...@gmail.com (JosephBardsley)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
 by: JosephBardsley - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 02:29 UTC

Was mulling this over, and I am not sure. (Jessie also came to mind). I do not recall them ever having last names mentioned in the G1 comic or cartoon.

(Now this reminds me: was Sparkplug ever called "Irving" in the comics? Or am I misremembering this?)

JB

Re: Does Carly have a last name in any continuity?

<2e7b3b52a4162906497b54a7643fdc81@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9179&group=alt.toys.transformers#9179

Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 03:08:15 +0000
From: pork.not...@gmail.com (GustavoWombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
 by: GustavoWombat - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 03:08 UTC

Travoltron wrote:

> On 4/29/2024 6:14 AM, VelvetGlove wrote:
>> It's convenient to decide she took Spike's name when she got married,
>> but I prefer the idea that she kept her own surname professionally.

I kind of agree. She would have been a bit of a trendsetter, but it wasn’t unheard of in the 80s, or more realistically the 90s when they would have gotten married.

But, besides that, my fanfic already has a digression of Sparkplug’s college roommate Ike telling Spike that if he ever gets married he should make sure he gets a prenup to make sure he protects that sweet, sweet ride (Bumblebee), so if her last name would have to be her maiden name.

Digressions are sacred and cannot be changed on a whim.

> We don't know that. Maybe her maiden name was also Witwicky. It's
> probably a common name in the Transformers universe. Like Megatron.

I’m 100% positive that Judy Witwicky’s maiden name was Witwicky. But, that’s because it was the Bayverse, and had the Ron and Judy story continued there is no doubt in my mind that we would discover they were related.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Does Carly have a last name in any continuity?