From: ddantg...@mail.ru (Nick)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.bulgaria
Subject: This is bigger than COVID: Why are so many Americans dying early?

Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 05:38:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nick - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 05:38 UTC

This is bigger than COVID: Why are so many Americans dying early?

by Pierre Kory and Mary Beth Pfeiffer, opinion contributors
12/12/23 12:00 PM ET

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/4354004-this-is-bigger-than-covid-
why-are-so-many-americans-dying-early/

Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Robert Califf recently took to X
to mourn the “catastrophic” decline in U.S. life expectancy.

But his post, which hit on smoking, diet, chronic illness and health care,
ignored the obvious: People are dying in abnormally high numbers even now
and long since COVID-19 waned. Yet public health agencies and medical
societies are silent.

Life insurers have been consistently sounding the alarm over these
unexpected or, “excess,” deaths, which claimed 158,000 more Americans in
the first nine months of 2023 than in the same period in 2019. That
exceeds America’s combined losses from every war since Vietnam. Congress
should urgently work with insurance experts to investigate this troubling
trend.

With the worst of COVID behind us, annual deaths for all causes should be
back to pre-pandemic levels — or even lower because of the loss of so many
sick and infirm Americans. Instead, the death toll remains “alarming,”
“disturbing,” and deserving of “urgent attention,” according to insurance
industry articles.

Actuarial reports — used by insurers to inform decisions — show deaths
occurring disproportionately among young working-age people. Nonetheless,
America’s chief health manager, the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention, opted in September to archive its excess deaths webpage with a
note stating, “these datasets will no longer be updated.”

… For people 65 and over, deaths in the second quarter of 2023 were 6
percent below the pre-pandemic norm, according to a new report from the
Society of Actuaries. Mortality was 26 percent higher among insured 35-
to-44-year-olds, and 19 percent higher for 25-to-34-year-olds, continuing
a death spike that peaked in the third quarter of 2021 at a staggering 101
percent and 79 percent above normal, respectively.

И е така не само в САЩ.

Що така бе, Миме? Обсебеният дали ще се извини? Пак ли някой друг ще му е
виновен за това? И пак ли е руска пропаганда?

--
«地 球 誕 生 在 牛 市 的 小 時 — Earth is born in the Bull's hour»

Re: This is bigger than COVID: Why are so many Americans dying early? …

<ulebgj$19so7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9470&group=soc.culture.bulgaria#9470

From: chorba...@smap.no (Chorbalan Chorbalanov Chorbalanski)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.bulgaria

Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 07:40:03 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Chorbalan Chorbalano - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 07:40 UTC

On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 05:38:52 -0000 (UTC), Nick wrote:

> И е така не само в САЩ.

Работа от вкъщи с намалено движение, увеличено ядене и пиене и ранно
мране.

Re: This is bigger than COVID: Why are so many Americans dying early? …

<ulgrfi$1q4j5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=9471&group=soc.culture.bulgaria#9471

From: ddantg...@mail.ru (Nick)
Newsgroups: soc.culture.bulgaria

Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 06:24:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nick - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 06:24 UTC

On Thu, 14 Dec 2023 15:39:18 -0800 (PST), Ivaylo Ivanov wrote:

> On Thursday, December 14, 2023 at 12:38:54 AM UTC-5, Nick wrote:

>> This is bigger than COVID: Why are so many Americans dying early?

>> by Pierre Kory and Mary Beth Pfeiffer, opinion contributors 12/12/23
>> 12:00 PM ET

>> https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/4354004-this-is-bigger-than-
covid-why-are-so-many-americans-dying-early/

>> Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Robert Califf recently took
>> to X to mourn the “catastrophic” decline in U.S. life expectancy.

>> But his post, which hit on smoking, diet, chronic illness and health
>> care,
>> ignored the obvious: People are dying in abnormally high numbers even
>> now and long since COVID-19 waned. Yet public health agencies and
>> medical societies are silent.

>> Life insurers have been consistently sounding the alarm over these
>> unexpected or, “excess,” deaths, which claimed 158,000 more Americans
>> in the first nine months of 2023 than in the same period in 2019. That
>> exceeds America’s combined losses from every war since Vietnam.
>> Congress should urgently work with insurance experts to investigate
>> this troubling trend.

>> With the worst of COVID behind us, annual deaths for all causes should
>> be back to pre-pandemic levels — or even lower because of the loss of
>> so many sick and infirm Americans. Instead, the death toll remains
>> “alarming,”
>> “disturbing,” and deserving of “urgent attention,” according to
>> insurance industry articles.

>> Actuarial reports — used by insurers to inform decisions — show deaths
>> occurring disproportionately among young working-age people.
>> Nonetheless,
>> America’s chief health manager, the Centers for Disease Control and
>> Prevention, opted in September to archive its excess deaths webpage
>> with a note stating, “these datasets will no longer be updated.”

>> … For people 65 and over, deaths in the second quarter of 2023 were 6
>> percent below the pre-pandemic norm, according to a new report from the
>> Society of Actuaries. Mortality was 26 percent higher among insured 35-
>> to-44-year-olds, and 19 percent higher for 25-to-34-year-olds,
>> continuing a death spike that peaked in the third quarter of 2021 at a
>> staggering 101 percent and 79 percent above normal, respectively.

>> …

>> И е така не само в САЩ.

>> Що така бе, Миме? Обсебеният дали ще се извини? Пак ли някой друг ще му
>> е виновен за това? И пак ли е руска пропаганда?

> За какво точно трябва да се извинявам?? Какви са причините за завишената
> смъртност?

За тъпите ти обвинения към мен и Радост.

Какви са според теб? Но преди да отговориш, поне прочети статията.

--
«地 球 誕 生 在 牛 市 的 小 時 — Earth is born in the Bull's hour»

interests / soc.culture.bulgaria / Re: This is bigger than COVID: Why are so many Americans dying early? …