From: retro....@88:1/101.remove-5d6-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Subject: Re: beta image
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 15:56:37 +0000
To: All
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 19 Jan 2019 15:56 UTC

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 07:50:00 GMT
Retro Guy wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 00:53:41 -0000 (UTC)
> anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) wrote:
>
> > to validate quickly, you can do:
> >
> The file passes sha3sum where I download it, but not where I move it.
>
> Apparently the comp I want to run the vm on has some file system
> corruption. Working that out now. I'm sure the problem is on my end.

Maybe not. It doesn't matter what machine I save to, it is always
corrupt when arriving at this destination network.

Trying rsync now. I do have a good copy (passes sha3sum), but it's not
"here".

--- Mystic BBS/NNTP v1.12 A41 2018/12/27 (Linux/64)
* Origin: NovaBBS - novabbs.org (88:1/101)

Re: beta image

<20190120052103.05832418@desktop14.dt>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9&group=rocksolid.shared.rocksolid#9

From: retro....@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-qt3-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 05:21:03 -0700
To: Retro Guy
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 20 Jan 2019 12:21 UTC

To: Retro Guy
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 15:56:37 +0000
"Retro Guy" <retro.guy@88:1/101> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 07:50:00 GMT
> Retro Guy wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 00:53:41 -0000 (UTC)
> > anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) wrote:
> >
> > > to validate quickly, you can do:
> > >
> > The file passes sha3sum where I download it, but not where I move
> > it.
> >
> > Apparently the comp I want to run the vm on has some file system
> > corruption. Working that out now. I'm sure the problem is on my end.
> >
> Maybe not. It doesn't matter what machine I save to, it is always
> corrupt when arriving at this destination network.
>
> Trying rsync now. I do have a good copy (passes sha3sum), but it's not
> "here".

What ever issue I have, I'm not sure, but I finally gave up and mounted
the virtual disk in another vm to look at it. I haven't actually tested
the vm but I'm sure it's fine. But this way I can see the config files,
and the layout of the partitions, etc.

Looks good to me.

Re: beta image

<5529e33d28ea083173af6f2eecd485ed@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10&group=rocksolid.shared.rocksolid#10

From: trw...@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 13:08:52+0000
 by: trw - Sun, 20 Jan 2019 13:08 UTC

>What ever issue I have, I'm not sure, but I finally gave up and mounted the virtual disk in another vm to look at it. I haven't actually tested the vm but I'm sure it's fine. But this way I can see the config files, and the layout of the partitions, etc. Looks good to me.

well if you cannot get it to run, somebody else will probably have the same problems as you (or not, depending on the exact root cause). in any event i would like understand what is happening.
i understand from your previous posts that the sha3sum was changing when you copied the ova file from one of your computers to another one. if that is the case, it would explain why you cannot simply import and run the vm. it sounds strange though that this would happen only for this file, but on different machines.

let's go to admin for the rest of the discussion.

Posted on def4