Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  nodelist  faq  

The best audience is intelligent, well-educated and a little drunk. -- Maurice Baring


rocksolid / Helpdesk / Re: Onion website offline?

SubjectAuthor
* Onion website offline?AnonUser
+* Re: Onion website offline?Neodome Admin
|`- Re: Onion website offline?AnonUser
+- I think you are both wrong in thatAnonymous
+* Re: Onion website offline?AnonUser
|`- Re: Onion website offline?AnonUser
`- Firewall ?Anonymous

1
Subject: Onion website offline?
From: AnonUser
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Organization: novaBBS
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 22:40 UTC
Path: i2pn2.org!rocksolid2!.POSTED.localhost!not-for-mail
From: AnonU...@novabbs.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Onion website offline?
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 22:40:35 +0000
Organization: novaBBS
Message-ID: <c56a1611e215b889f2a5b7b538d81459$1@dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: novabbs.org; posting-account="retrobbs1"; posting-host="localhost:127.0.0.1";
logging-data="32221"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
User-Agent: Rocksolid Light (news.novabbs.com/getrslight)
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.2 (2018-09-13) on novabbs.org
X-Spam-Level: **
X-Rslight-Site: $2y$10$GN7vsMFk0yqCdtmNhMR.LuJNXp4aZGrdHWpX0ZO9C8exqfLhanVU.
View all headers
I’m doing a project in which I plan to create a chat room onion website on the dark web with notepad++. I’m using a root account on Kali Linux to do this. I’ve decided to use an apache2 web server for this website and my website (index.html) and all of its contents is stored in /var/www/html. I’ve already made my onion website and it’s address, which is located in /var/lib/tor/hidden_service/host name. However, when I try to open my website on the dark web, it says that my website is offline. It states ‘0xf0-The requested onion service descriptor can’t be found on the hashring and therefore the service is not reachable by the client’. Please help me with this issue and please tell me what I’m doing wrong and how I can get my website to show on the dark web. I’d like my website to be online from Kali Linux through the root account in the index.html file. However, I just don’t know why my website isn’t showing up and I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Help.
--
Posted on Rocksolid Light
dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion


Subject: Re: Onion website offline?
From: Neodome Admin
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Organization: Neodome
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 03:39 UTC
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!news.neodome.net!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: adm...@neodome.net (Neodome Admin)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Re: Onion website offline?
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 03:39:03 -0000 (UTC)
Organization: Neodome
Message-ID: <ro2ggk$2s1g$1@neodome.net>
References: <c56a1611e215b889f2a5b7b538d81459$1@dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 03:39:03 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: neodome.net; mail-complaints-to="abuse@neodome.net"
User-Agent: NewsTap/5.4.1 (iPhone/iPod Touch)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:i08q4wfWD70uQLVFo13B0zIEfh0=
View all headers
AnonUser <AnonUser@novabbs.i2p> wrote:
I’m doing a project in which I plan to create a chat room onion website
on the dark web with notepad++. I’m using a root account on Kali Linux to
do this. I’ve decided to use an apache2 web server for this website and
my website (index.html) and all of its contents is stored in
/var/www/html. I’ve already made my onion website and it’s address, which
is located in /var/lib/tor/hidden_service/host name. However, when I try
to open my website on the dark web, it says that my website is offline.
It states ‘0xf0-The requested onion service descriptor can’t be found on
the hashring and therefore the service is not reachable by the client’.
Please help me with this issue and please tell me what I’m doing wrong
and how I can get my website to show on the dark web. I’d like my website
to be online from Kali Linux through the root account in the index.html
file. However, I just don’t know why my website isn’t showing up and I
don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Help.

Can you access your website from localhost? Is it opens up when you do
‘lynx http://127.0.0.1:80’?

--
Neodome


Subject: Re: Onion website offline?
From: AnonUser
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Organization: novaBBS
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 08:55 UTC
Path: i2pn2.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: AnonU...@novabbs.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Re: Onion website offline?
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 08:55:12 +0000
Organization: novaBBS
Message-ID: <6dc4c91f6d034a4354125ccef4b28551$1@www.novabbs.com>
References: <c56a1611e215b889f2a5b7b538d81459$1@dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion> <ro2ggk$2s1g$1@neodome.net>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: i2pn2.org; posting-account="retrobbs1";
logging-data="15245"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@i2pn2.org"
User-Agent: Rocksolid Light (news.novabbs.com/getrslight)
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.2 (2018-09-13) on novabbs
X-Rslight-Site: $2y$10$ppXnkvS2gzx2WXgguzxscOnRYk2gns7vLjFThysNpjAOocWnd0wbu
View all headers
Neodome Admin wrote:

AnonUser <AnonUser@novabbs.i2p> wrote:
I’m doing a project in which I plan to create a chat room onion website
on the dark web with notepad++. I’m using a root account on Kali Linux to
do this. I’ve decided to use an apache2 web server for this website and
my website (index.html) and all of its contents is stored in
/var/www/html. I’ve already made my onion website and it’s address, which
is located in /var/lib/tor/hidden_service/host name. However, when I try
to open my website on the dark web, it says that my website is offline.


Can you access your website from localhost? Is it opens up when you do
‘lynx http://127.0.0.1:80’?

Yes, try what Neodome Admin suggested first. Then check that your web server is listening on the same interface you are pointing to in your torrc for the service. Try to access from your machine using the exact ip address as in your torrc.

Have you also tried to access from a remote machine, or just through tor on the same machine?

--
Posted on novaBBS
www.novabbs.com


Subject: I think you are both wrong in that
From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Organization: i2pn2 (i2pn.org)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 13:51 UTC
Path: i2pn2.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: I think you are both wrong in that
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 05:51:57 -0800
Organization: i2pn2 (i2pn.org)
Message-ID: <he.622.1fy5wo@anon.com>
References: <c56a1611e215b889f2a5b7b538d81459$1@dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Injection-Info: i2pn2.org; posting-account="def2";
logging-data="12918"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@i2pn2.org"
View all headers
‘0xf0-The requested onion service descriptor can’t be found on the hashring and therefore the service is not reachable by the client’.

This line tells us that the hidden service was not announced, and therefore the address is not known to the client. Why was it not announced ? Either tor is not running, or it was not restarted after the creation of the hidden service. And then there could also be a general connectivity issue for the machine.

--
Posted on def2


Subject: Re: Onion website offline?
From: AnonUser
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Organization: novaBBS
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2020 23:12 UTC
Path: i2pn2.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: AnonU...@novabbs.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Re: Onion website offline?
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2020 23:12:10 +0000
Organization: novaBBS
Message-ID: <831bcd5d1377ca59ba480d310c397af0$1@www.novabbs.com>
References: <c56a1611e215b889f2a5b7b538d81459$1@dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: i2pn2.org; posting-account="retrobbs1";
logging-data="4390"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@i2pn2.org"
User-Agent: Rocksolid Light (news.novabbs.com/getrslight)
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.2 (2018-09-13) on novabbs
X-Rslight-Site: $2y$10$yDf3zsbwee4pyVQ5PLAT3e4DI7/8Xby1bjrxxX8ZM5FJwIWprYP4a
View all headers
I can access this website whenever I type out http://127.0.0.0:80/. I also restarted Tor, made sure that Apache and Tor was running when I checked my onion address on Tor, and I also checked on both the same machine and on a remote machine. Just so you know, I also configured all of this by editing the torcc file with HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor/hidden_service and HiddenServicePort 80 127.0.0.1:80, restarting Apache and Tor, and catting out /var/lib/tor/hidden_service/hostname. I honestly don’t know what’s the issue...
--
Posted on novaBBS
www.novabbs.com


Subject: Re: Onion website offline?
From: AnonUser
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Organization: novaBBS
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 00:05 UTC
Path: i2pn2.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: AnonU...@novabbs.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Re: Onion website offline?
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 00:05:02 +0000
Organization: novaBBS
Message-ID: <69274de4c4f1b3344bf693e374899981$1@www.novabbs.com>
References: <c56a1611e215b889f2a5b7b538d81459$1@dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion> <831bcd5d1377ca59ba480d310c397af0$1@www.novabbs.com>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Info: i2pn2.org; posting-account="retrobbs1";
logging-data="12703"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@i2pn2.org"
User-Agent: Rocksolid Light (news.novabbs.com/getrslight)
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.4.2 (2018-09-13) on novabbs
X-Rslight-Site: $2y$10$o8kz3Hz6YkqwQuEefSRSxOXrydGWjKp.sEgC28CV0sNboPOHo.NxC
View all headers
AnonUser wrote:

I can access this website whenever I type out http://127.0.0.0:80/. I also restarted Tor, made sure that Apache and Tor was running when I checked my onion address on Tor, and I also checked on both the same machine and on a remote machine. Just so you know, I also configured all of this by editing the torcc file with HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor/hidden_service and HiddenServicePort 80 127.0.0.1:80, restarting Apache and Tor, and catting out /var/lib/tor/hidden_service/hostname. I honestly don’t know what’s the issue...

Do you have a firewall or router firewall or isp firewall that might be blocking some ports?

Is there any helpful information in your tor log file? Probably /var/log/tor/log based on dirs you mention above.

--
Posted on novaBBS
www.novabbs.com


Subject: Firewall ?
From: Anonymous
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Organization: i2pn2 (i2pn.org)
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2020 10:00 UTC
Path: i2pn2.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: pos...@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
Subject: Firewall ?
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2020 02:00:46 -0800
Organization: i2pn2 (i2pn.org)
Message-ID: <he.625.28cddq@anon.com>
References: <c56a1611e215b889f2a5b7b538d81459$1@dkzerogt6z6ybhcj.onion>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Injection-Info: i2pn2.org; posting-account="def2";
logging-data="2729"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@i2pn2.org"
View all headers
I also restarted Tor, made sure that Apache and Tor was running

In this case, and provided you still get the same error message as before, is it possible that the tor service cannot connect to the internet (maybe because of a firewall, misconfigured router or something like that) ?

As said already, the log files should tell you.

--
Posted on def2


1
rocksolid light 0.6.9
clearneti2ptor