From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: A New Tor Threat In The Works
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 01:41:14 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 00:41 UTC

A mysterious threat actor is running hundreds of malicious Tor
relays Catalin Cimpanu

Security researcher claims to have identified threat actor running
thousands of malicious servers. Researchers claims the attacker may
be trying to deanonymize and identify Tor users. Evidence suggests
the attacker, tracked as KAX17, is sophisticated and well-resourced.
The Tor Project has removed hundreds of KAX17 servers in October and
November 2021.

https://therecord.media/a-mysterious-threat-actor-is-running-hundreds-of-malicious-tor-relays/

Re: A New Tor Threat In The Works

<spu304$2e9nf$1@news.mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10950&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10950

From: joh...@cern.ch (reactor)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Re: A New Tor Threat In The Works
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 20:36:52 -0600
logging-data="2565871"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@mixmin.net"
 by: reactor - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 02:36 UTC

> A mysterious threat actor is running hundreds of malicious Tor
> relays Catalin Cimpanu
>
> Security researcher claims to have identified threat actor running
> thousands of malicious servers. Researchers claims the attacker may
> be trying to deanonymize and identify Tor users. Evidence suggests
> the attacker, tracked as KAX17, is sophisticated and well-resourced.
> The Tor Project has removed hundreds of KAX17 servers in October and
> November 2021.
>
> https://therecord.media/a-mysterious-threat-actor-is-running-hundreds-of-malicious-tor-relays/

Always use a bridge.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / A New Tor Threat In The Works