Unix is the worst operating system; except for all others. -- Berry Kercheval

computers / rocksolid.nodes.help / Re: New conference

SubjectAuthor
* New conferencebXX4vRNH
+* New conferenceanonymous
|`* New conferenceAnonymous
| `* New conferenceanon
|  `* New conferenceAnonymous
|   `* New conferenceanonymous
|    `* New conferenceRetro Guy
|     `* New conferenceRetro Guy
|      +- New conferenceanon
|      `- New conferenceAnonymous
+* New conferenceanon
|+* New conferenceRetro Guy
||+- New conferenceRetro Guy
||`* New conferenceAnonymous
|| `* New conferenceRetro Guy
||  `- New conferenceAnonymous
|`- New conferenceMei
`- New conferenceanon

1
New conference

<ynAxEglkcKKlfr5rfjKtpPUTGY9gwdWuQ@blah>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=101&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#101

From: f19z9eem...@d62zpgow.1tm (bXX4vRNH)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: New conference
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 15:32:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: bXX4vRNH - Wed, 3 Jun 2020 15:32 UTC

Hello.
How to create new conference?

Re: New conference

<305661ab0dbf3d3094a1aaa3c4ae13a7$1@z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=103&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#103

From: anonym...@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Re: New conference
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 17:10 UTC
 by: anonymous - Wed, 3 Jun 2020 17:10 UTC

there are no conferences here, and no way to create any.
what are you looking for ?

cheers

trw
--
Posted on def2
z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

Re: New conference

<ZWcY6Xs6qLO143NT0kmJ3p52H0h3nRZMyA@blah>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=104&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#104

From: inva...@invalid.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 18:48:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 3 Jun 2020 18:48 UTC

anonymous wrote:

> there are no conferences here, and no way to create any.
> what are you looking for ?

Are you sure?

rocksolid.shared.encryption
rocksolid.shared.entertainment
rocksolid.shared.freenet
rocksolid.shared.general
rocksolid.shared.hacking
rocksolid.shared.helpdesk
rocksolid.shared.i2p
rocksolid.shared.linux
rocksolid.shared.news
rocksolid.shared.offtopic
rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
rocksolid.shared.security
rocksolid.shared.test
rocksolid.shared.tor
rocksolid.nodes
rocksolid.nodes.help

Re: New conference

<a28447b69722736b4ec0d82d01939073@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=105&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#105

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 22:00:51+0000
 by: anon - Wed, 3 Jun 2020 22:00 UTC

ok, i see what you mean. we call those "groups", "forums" or "boards" here.
if you think there is an additional needed, you have to ask the admin of one of the nodes to create it.
what topic would you like to discuss ?

cheers

trw

Posted on def4

Re: New conference

<i2Gb59HikMvw5w8BX1EUkOsnJWQqYY6GYLq@blah>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=106&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#106

From: inva...@invalid.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 08:46:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Anonymous - Thu, 4 Jun 2020 08:46 UTC

anon wrote:

> ok, i see what you mean. we call those "groups", "forums" or "boards" here.
yes, group is a suitable name.

> if you think there is an additional needed, you have to ask the admin
> of one of the nodes to create it.

Who administrate wwcqkwfo5yhe6uribv5tzylk25j5hkdk6gdnyftzd3k7dawlzwca.b32.i2p node?

> what topic would you like to discuss ?
religion.

Re: New conference

<e1e1242aa61b2b87c103efcbc24e7f6a$1@z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=110&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#110

From: anonym...@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 20:28 UTC
 by: anonymous - Thu, 4 Jun 2020 20:28 UTC

the admin of the node you asked for is Retro Guy.

Religious topics would normally go to general or offtopic. If you want a separate group for this, I can make a local group for you on def3. If it is used and maintained, other nodes can pick it up.
What would be the description of this group ?

cheers

trw
--
Posted on def2
z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

Re: New conference

<3745524f53b00000c4bcf86da99ae6c8$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=111&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#111

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 23:22 UTC
 by: Retro Guy - Thu, 4 Jun 2020 23:22 UTC

anonymous wrote:

> the admin of the node you asked for is Retro Guy.

> Religious topics would normally go to general or offtopic. If you want a separate group for this, I can make a local group for you on def3. If it is used and maintained, other nodes can pick it up.
> What would be the description of this group ?

I can also add a group on my end if we want to do so. Not necessarily a bad idea. I'd like to see if it gets used before propagating it to usenet.

rocksolid.religion is fine with me. Let me know if you agree.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
www.novabbs.com

Re: New conference

<9d7de0d4a386c30a8cc720d983c5e53e$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=112&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#112

From: retro...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help,rocksolid.religion
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 23:37 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Fri, 5 Jun 2020 06:37 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> anonymous wrote:
>
>> the admin of the node you asked for is Retro Guy.
>
>> Religious topics would normally go to general or offtopic. If you want a
>> separate group for this, I can make a local group for you on def3. If it
>> is used and maintained, other nodes can pick it up. What would be the
>> description of this group ?
>
> I can also add a group on my end if we want to do so. Not necessarily a
> bad idea. I'd like to see if it gets used before propagating it to usenet.
>
> rocksolid.religion is fine with me. Let me know if you agree.

I've gone ahead and added 'rocksolid.religion' to my internal inn servers,
and to rslight. If it gets used and seems beneficial, I'll keep it.

Currently, it will not propagate to other inn servers outside of i2p and
tor. I have not added to my main clearnet peering server. If someone peers
with me inside i2p/tor, it will propagate.

Retro Guy

Re: New conference

<2acc5ba73925d478ef0fe90656387e27@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=113&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#113

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 10:57:16+0000
 by: anon - Fri, 5 Jun 2020 10:57 UTC

alright, religion away !!!
i hope it will include a lot of different subjects and viewpoints. my nodes will pick up the group if and when it is used.

cheers

trw

Posted on def4

Re: New conference

<OKuELP7QykL7N4jsxEM8ImpTge9PoshA@blah>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=114&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#114

From: inva...@invalid.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 13:48:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Anonymous - Fri, 5 Jun 2020 13:48 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> Retro Guy wrote:
>
> > anonymous wrote:
> >
> >> the admin of the node you asked for is Retro Guy.
> >
> >> Religious topics would normally go to general or offtopic. If you want a
> >> separate group for this, I can make a local group for you on def3. If it
> >> is used and maintained, other nodes can pick it up. What would be the
> >> description of this group ?
> >
> > I can also add a group on my end if we want to do so. Not necessarily a
> > bad idea. I'd like to see if it gets used before propagating it to usenet.
> >
> > rocksolid.religion is fine with me. Let me know if you agree.
> >

> I've gone ahead and added 'rocksolid.religion' to my internal inn servers,
> and to rslight. If it gets used and seems beneficial, I'll keep it.

I suppose to use rocksolid.religion for discussion on russian language.
If you agree, I will advertise (on eepsite) this group and NNTP service
as place for relevant discussion.

> Currently, it will not propagate to other inn servers outside of i2p
> and tor. I have not added to my main clearnet peering server. If
> someone peers with me inside i2p/tor, it will propagate.

Re: New conference

<276fbe87b515b970c19fca68e715dccd@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=115&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#115

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 16:09:22+0000
 by: anon - Fri, 5 Jun 2020 16:09 UTC

>I suppose to use rocksolid.religion for discussion on russian
>language.
>If you agree, I will advertise (on eepsite) this group and NNTP
>service as place for relevant discussion.

yeah, i agree. i think about adopting the group right away, if it does not fly we can always use it to build a religion around the rocksolid project (i call pope, by the way).

cheers

trw

Posted on def4

Re: New conference

<75230bae7aa758b2346ccda2b4be7a93$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=116&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#116

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 23:13 UTC
 by: Retro Guy - Fri, 5 Jun 2020 23:13 UTC

anon wrote:

>>I suppose to use rocksolid.religion for discussion on russian
>>language.
>>If you agree, I will advertise (on eepsite) this group and NNTP
>>service as place for relevant discussion.

> yeah, i agree. i think about adopting the group right away, if it does not fly we can always use it to build a religion around the rocksolid project (i call pope, by the way).

We had a group for russian in the past and it was not used, so it was removed.

If you are looking to discuss russian, why not rocksolid.russian.talk
If you are looking to discuss religion, why not rocksolid.religion

It's best to not create a group named one topic for the purpose of discussing a different topic.

Let's pick one (or two) and go with it before advertising it.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
www.novabbs.com

Re: New conference

<d16534e070f7bb8e4f0f263f3e75f7b6$1@www.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=117&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#117

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 08:07 UTC
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 6 Jun 2020 08:07 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> anon wrote:

>>>I suppose to use rocksolid.religion for discussion on russian
>>>language.
>>>If you agree, I will advertise (on eepsite) this group and NNTP
>>>service as place for relevant discussion.

>> yeah, i agree. i think about adopting the group right away, if it does not fly we can always use it to build a religion around the rocksolid project (i call pope, by the way).

> We had a group for russian in the past and it was not used, so it was removed.

> If you are looking to discuss russian, why not rocksolid.russian.talk
> If you are looking to discuss religion, why not rocksolid.religion

> It's best to not create a group named one topic for the purpose of discussing a different topic.

> Let's pick one (or two) and go with it before advertising it.

Both groups currently exist on my nntp servers. If you want to discuss Russian, please use rocksolid.russian.talk. For religion, use rocksolid.religion.

If either or both groups become somewhat active, I'll keep them. If not, they will be dropped.

If a new group is used and appreciated, I'll add it to the rocksolid.* hierarchy and add it to a future control message.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
www.novabbs.com

Re: New conference

<lKD5xnxIcnKxSyRfXwhi7t0aiGwrN5C6NP@blah>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=118&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#118

From: inva...@invalid.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 09:40:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Anonymous - Sat, 6 Jun 2020 09:40 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> anon wrote:
>
> > > I suppose to use rocksolid.religion for discussion on russian
> > > language.
> > > If you agree, I will advertise (on eepsite) this group and NNTP
> > > service as place for relevant discussion.
>
> > yeah, i agree. i think about adopting the group right away, if it does not fly we can always use it to build a religion around the rocksolid project (i call pope, by the way).
>
> We had a group for russian in the past and it was not used, so it was
> removed.
>
> If you are looking to discuss russian, why not rocksolid.russian.talk
> If you are looking to discuss religion, why not rocksolid.religion

I'm looking to discuss religion on russian.
What you will do with complain on offensive behaviour?

Re: New conference

<a464928771cfa5869b4e9a379ebfbcd9$1@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=119&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#119

From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 10:25 UTC
 by: Retro Guy - Sat, 6 Jun 2020 10:25 UTC

Anonymous wrote:

> Retro Guy wrote:

>> > yeah, i agree. i think about adopting the group right away, if it does not fly we can always use it to build a religion around the rocksolid project (i call pope, by the way).
>>
>> We had a group for russian in the past and it was not used, so it was
>> removed.
>>
>> If you are looking to discuss russian, why not rocksolid.russian.talk
>> If you are looking to discuss religion, why not rocksolid.religion

> I'm looking to discuss religion on russian.
> What you will do with complain on offensive behaviour?

I'm happy with you doing that, no complaints from me.

If you would like the discussion in Russian language, I would then suggest rocksolid.russian.religion. I'll create any group you need to start a discussion that is of interest to users.

I'm just looking to create any group with a name that matches what the group is to be used for. So, if you'd like to discuss religion in Russian language, let's create rocksolid.russion.religion. I'll create that in a few minutes. I have no complaint against any good discussions.

So, for now we will have:

rocksolid.religion for religious discussion in Englins
rocksolid.russian.religion for religious discussion in Russion
rocksolid.russian.talk for general discussion in Russian

If you would like to discuss religion in English, use rocksolid.religion. If you would like to discuss religion in Russian, use rocksolid.russian.religion.

I'm happy to keep any of these groups if they are used.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
news.novabbs.com

Re: New conference

<0e14ecd49e7cb11abcee0c58fc2f483a$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=120&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#120

From: Mei...@rslight.i2p (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 12:22 UTC
 by: Mei - Sun, 7 Jun 2020 12:22 UTC

> build a religion around the rocksolid project (i call pope, by the way).
> trw

We can have religious wars between the trw sect and the Retro Guy sect! :-D

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

Re: New conference

<8455085de13e1ef00935dc52caa1cd95@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=121&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#121

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 14:20:00+0000
 by: anon - Sun, 7 Jun 2020 14:20 UTC

>We can have religious wars between the trw sect and the Retro Guy sect! :-D

anything goes in the business of world domination.
i will first build a spanish inquisition to go after all my,eh i mean gods enemies.

Posted on def4

Re: New conference

<5a4844666b5473456e30494c6d675467@3478624f>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=159&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#159

From: inva...@invalid.invalid (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 17:54:47 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="25472"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@novabbs.org"
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 22 Jun 2021 17:54 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> > I'm looking to discuss religion on russian.
> > What you will do with complain on offensive behaviour?
>
> I'm happy with you doing that, no complaints from me.
>
> If you would like the discussion in Russian language, I would then
> suggest rocksolid.russian.religion. I'll create any group you need to
> start a discussion that is of interest to users.

Please, delete rocksolid.russian.religion group.