Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 21:05:32 +0100
Subject: Omnimix Help: How to Retrieve Nym Messages
From: nore...@mix2.remailer.xyz (Yamn Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 20:05 UTC

I'm trying to set up a new Nym using Omnimix.

It's a slow slog. I find the instructions confusing, but that is just me.

My question is this:

Where do you receive Nym messages if your reply block
is set up to alt.anonymous.messages?

Do you receive those newsgroup messages from inside Omnimix?

If so where in Omnimix? I just can't seem to grasp that. Where in
Omnimix do you read the messages?

Can you set up Omnimix to receive Nym messages from inside Thunderbird?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Omnimix Help: How to Retrieve Nym Messages

<20220129.235303.529f829b@mixmin.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=11443&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#11443

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 23:53:03 +0000
Subject: Re: Omnimix Help: How to Retrieve Nym Messages
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Anonymous Remailer)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 23:53 UTC

Yamn Remailer <noreply@mix2.remailer.xyz> wrote:

>I'm trying to set up a new Nym using Omnimix.
>
>It's a slow slog. I find the instructions confusing, but that is just me.
>
>My question is this:
>
>Where do you receive Nym messages if your reply block
>is set up to alt.anonymous.messages?
>
>Do you receive those newsgroup messages from inside Omnimix?
>
>If so where in Omnimix? I just can't seem to grasp that. Where in
>Omnimix do you read the messages?
>
>Can you set up Omnimix to receive Nym messages from inside Thunderbird?
>
>Thanks for the help.

Retrieving nym messages is a two-tier process.

The first step is OM's scheduled download of all alt.anonymous.messages
into its Hamster repository (tab Hamster|Config), e.g. at 15-minute
intervals, from where user messages then later on can be extracted.

When now your Thunderbird logs into one of OM's user accounts using the
POP3 port
- OM looks up which nyms are assigned to that account (tab User).
- Then it retrieves for each of these nyms the alt.anonymous.messages
pointer up to where postings already have been processed.
- From that position on it then continues to search within the Hamster
repository (login data at tab NwsNym|Server) for matching nym
messages, decodes them and offers the resulting bunch of mails to the
mail client.
- Finally, in case no errors occurred during the mail transfer, OM
updates the alt.anonymous.messages pointer of all those nyms.
BTW, in order to repeat the processing of a nym's messages that
pointer can be altered at the Nym Configurator, field Newsgroup
Pointer.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: Omnimix Help: How to Retrieve Nym Messages