Type louder, please.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: OmniMix TorIP

SubjectAuthor
* OmniMix TorIPFritz Wuehler
`* Re: OmniMix TorIPAnonymous
 `* Re: OmniMix TorIPAnonymous Remailer (austria)
  `* Re: OmniMix TorIPNomen Nescio
   +* Re: OmniMix TorIPAnonymous Remailer (austria)
   |`* Re: OmniMix TorIPAnonymous
   | `* Re: OmniMix TorIPNomen Nescio
   |  `* Re: OmniMix TorIPAnonymous
   |   +- Re: OmniMix TorIPAnonymous Remailer (austria)
   |   `* Re: OmniMix TorIPNomen Nescio
   |    `* Re: OmniMix TorIPFritz Wuehler
   |     `- Re: OmniMix TorIPNomen Nescio
   `* Re: OmniMix TorIPAnonymous Remailer (austria)
    `- Re: OmniMix TorIPAnonymous Remailer (austria)

1
OmniMix TorIP

<20211013.011709.ee103200@remailer.frell.eu.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=9991&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#9991

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 01:17:09 +0200
Subject: OmniMix TorIP
From: fri...@spamexpire-202110.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Tue, 12 Oct 2021 23:17 UTC

I once used OM's TorIP module to get the dynamic IP address of my home
network, but the Tor entry node no longer tells my OM at home its public
address. With Tor-Cmd-Info "IP Address" the Tor log list always shows
"551 Address unknown".

What's the reason why Tor's "GETINFO ADDRESS" command no longer works?
Is it no longer supported for security reasons, or is it just a problem
with my ISP?

Re: OmniMix TorIP

<490b66ae416a6ae0d0f20898e36caf1f@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10186&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10186

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.
Please report problems or inappropriate use to the
remailer administrator at <abuse@remailer.paranoici.org>.
Subject: Re: OmniMix TorIP
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 22:24:16 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 24 Oct 2021 20:24 UTC

Fritz Wuehler wrote:

> I once used OM's TorIP module to get the dynamic IP address of my home
> network, but the Tor entry node no longer tells my OM at home its public
> address. With Tor-Cmd-Info "IP Address" the Tor log list always shows
> "551 Address unknown".
>
> What's the reason why Tor's "GETINFO ADDRESS" command no longer works?
> Is it no longer supported for security reasons, or is it just a problem
> with my ISP?

It's a Tor bug in version 0.4.5.10.

With OM 2.6.0+ I had to replace tor\tor.exe with the 0.4.4.5 version
from OM 2.5.1 or use the Tor executable version 0.4.4.6 from
<https://archive.torproject.org/tor-package-archive/torbrowser/10.0.7/tor-win32-0.4.4.6.zip>.
The newer .dll files are compatible with the tor.exe replacement.

After a Tor restart it takes up to 20 minutes to get the WAN IP address,
with all tor\data\cached-* files deleted in advance restart takes a
little longer, but afterwards the IP address and thereby the TorIP
service are immediately available.

Re: OmniMix TorIP

<887bd937f4987ddf3bc7974fd11204f2@remailer.privacy.at>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10205&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10205

From: mixmas...@remailer.privacy.at (Anonymous Remailer (austria))
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 02:50:56 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer ( - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 00:50 UTC

In article
Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> Fritz Wuehler wrote:
>
> > I once used OM's TorIP module to get the dynamic IP address of my home
> > network, but the Tor entry node no longer tells my OM at home its public
> > address. With Tor-Cmd-Info "IP Address" the Tor log list always shows
> > "551 Address unknown".
> >
> > What's the reason why Tor's "GETINFO ADDRESS" command no longer works?
> > Is it no longer supported for security reasons, or is it just a problem
> > with my ISP?
>
> It's a Tor bug in version 0.4.5.10.
>
> With OM 2.6.0+ I had to replace tor\tor.exe with the 0.4.4.5 version
> from OM 2.5.1 or use the Tor executable version 0.4.4.6 from
> <https://archive.torproject.org/tor-package-archive/torbrowser/10.0.7/tor-win32-0.4.4.6.zip>.
> The newer .dll files are compatible with the tor.exe replacement.
>
> After a Tor restart it takes up to 20 minutes to get the WAN IP address,
> with all tor\data\cached-* files deleted in advance restart takes a
> little longer, but afterwards the IP address and thereby the TorIP
> service are immediately available.

Speaking for myself I never had any problem with this. My onion
address was always accessible over Tor whenever I tried it.
Works quite well for a webserver and the occasional file U/D/L.
Going to try it for RDP or VNC next.

Re: OmniMix TorIP

<b669b1aba0b364ea8fdd243865aac943@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10207&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10207

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 08:47:12 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 06:47 UTC

On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 02:50:56 +0200 (CEST), in article
<887bd937f4987ddf3bc7974fd11204f2@remailer.privacy.at> "Anonymous
Remailer (austria)" <mixmaster@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:

>In article
><490b66ae416a6ae0d0f20898e36caf1f@remailer.paranoici.org>
>Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:
>>
>> Fritz Wuehler wrote:
>>
>> > I once used OM's TorIP module to get the dynamic IP address of my home
>> > network, but the Tor entry node no longer tells my OM at home its public
>> > address. With Tor-Cmd-Info "IP Address" the Tor log list always shows
>> > "551 Address unknown".
>> >
>> > What's the reason why Tor's "GETINFO ADDRESS" command no longer works?
>> > Is it no longer supported for security reasons, or is it just a problem
>> > with my ISP?
>>
>> It's a Tor bug in version 0.4.5.10.
>>
>> With OM 2.6.0+ I had to replace tor\tor.exe with the 0.4.4.5 version
>> from OM 2.5.1 or use the Tor executable version 0.4.4.6 from
>> <https://archive.torproject.org/tor-package-archive/torbrowser/10.0.7/tor-win32-0.4.4.6.zip>.
>> The newer .dll files are compatible with the tor.exe replacement.
>>
>> After a Tor restart it takes up to 20 minutes to get the WAN IP address,
>> with all tor\data\cached-* files deleted in advance restart takes a
>> little longer, but afterwards the IP address and thereby the TorIP
>> service are immediately available.
>
>Speaking for myself I never had any problem with this. My onion
>address was always accessible over Tor whenever I tried it.
>Works quite well for a webserver and the occasional file U/D/L.
>Going to try it for RDP or VNC next.

You get an IP Address at Tor/Data with OM 2.6.3 / Tor 0.4.5.10?

<https://danner-net.de/omom/tutor_torplus_ip_tor_data.gif>

Re: OmniMix TorIP

<6377ae13b56e114763df0559f03303e9@remailer.privacy.at>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10221&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10221

From: mixmas...@remailer.privacy.at (Anonymous Remailer (austria))
remailer administrator at <abuse@remailer.privacy.at>.
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 21:06:11 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer ( - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 19:06 UTC

In article <b669b1aba0b364ea8fdd243865aac943@dizum.com>
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 02:50:56 +0200 (CEST), in article
> <887bd937f4987ddf3bc7974fd11204f2@remailer.privacy.at> "Anonymous
> Remailer (austria)" <mixmaster@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:
>

> >In article
> ><490b66ae416a6ae0d0f20898e36caf1f@remailer.paranoici.org>
> >Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> >> It's a Tor bug in version 0.4.5.10.
> >>
> >> With OM 2.6.0+ I had to replace tor\tor.exe with the 0.4.4.5 version
> >> from OM 2.5.1 or use the Tor executable version 0.4.4.6 from
> >> <https://archive.torproject.org/tor-package-archive/torbrowser/10.0.7/tor-win32-0.4.4.6.zip>.
> >> The newer .dll files are compatible with the tor.exe replacement.
> >>
> >> After a Tor restart it takes up to 20 minutes to get the WAN IP address,
> >> with all tor\data\cached-* files deleted in advance restart takes a
> >> little longer, but afterwards the IP address and thereby the TorIP
> >> service are immediately available.
> >
> >Speaking for myself I never had any problem with this. My onion
> >address was always accessible over Tor whenever I tried it.
> >Works quite well for a webserver and the occasional file U/D/L.
> >Going to try it for RDP or VNC next.
>
> You get an IP Address at Tor/Data with OM 2.6.3 / Tor 0.4.5.10?

Haven't upgraded to 2.6.3 yet, still at 2.6.2, no IP Address.
Think I noticed the absence of the IP Address at 2.6.0 maybe. I
don't have problems remotely accessing services using my V3
onion address.

> <https://danner-net.de/omom/tutor_torplus_ip_tor_data.gif>

Re: OmniMix TorIP

<27b523a8ed265fdfb38751d832669afa@remailer.privacy.at>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10227&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10227

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 22:31:57 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer ( - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 20:31 UTC

In article <b669b1aba0b364ea8fdd243865aac943@dizum.com>
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 02:50:56 +0200 (CEST), in article
> <887bd937f4987ddf3bc7974fd11204f2@remailer.privacy.at> "Anonymous
> Remailer (austria)" <mixmaster@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:
>

> >In article
> ><490b66ae416a6ae0d0f20898e36caf1f@remailer.paranoici.org>
> >Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> >> It's a Tor bug in version 0.4.5.10.
> >>
> >> With OM 2.6.0+ I had to replace tor\tor.exe with the 0.4.4.5 version
> >> from OM 2.5.1 or use the Tor executable version 0.4.4.6 from
> >> <https://archive.torproject.org/tor-package-archive/torbrowser/10.0.7/tor-win32-0.4.4.6.zip>.
> >> The newer .dll files are compatible with the tor.exe replacement.
> >>
> >> After a Tor restart it takes up to 20 minutes to get the WAN IP address,
> >> with all tor\data\cached-* files deleted in advance restart takes a
> >> little longer, but afterwards the IP address and thereby the TorIP
> >> service are immediately available.
> >
> >Speaking for myself I never had any problem with this. My onion
> >address was always accessible over Tor whenever I tried it.
> >Works quite well for a webserver and the occasional file U/D/L.
> >Going to try it for RDP or VNC next.
>
> You get an IP Address at Tor/Data with OM 2.6.3 / Tor 0.4.5.10?

Haven't upgraded to 2.6.3 yet, still at 2.6.2, no IP Address.
Think I noticed the absence of the IP Address at 2.6.0 maybe. I
don't have problems remotely accessing services using my V3
onion address.

> <https://danner-net.de/omom/tutor_torplus_ip_tor_data.gif>

Upgraded to 2.6.3. I'll send this using the V3 onion address.

Re: OmniMix TorIP

<aa2fa3cebbaa347a2921f7816b652a56@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10230&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10230

Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 23:30:24 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 21:30 UTC

"Anonymous Remailer (austria)" <mixmaster@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:

>In article <b669b1aba0b364ea8fdd243865aac943@dizum.com>
>Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>> You get an IP Address at Tor/Data with OM 2.6.3 / Tor 0.4.5.10?
>
>Haven't upgraded to 2.6.3 yet, still at 2.6.2, no IP Address.
>Think I noticed the absence of the IP Address at 2.6.0 maybe.

Yep. OmniMix uses the buggy Tor version 0.4.5.10 since v2.6.0.

>I don't have problems remotely accessing services using my V3
>onion address.

Sure. The TorIP .onion connection works, but it can't tell you the IP
address of the network, where your OmniMix resides, which you need to
finally establish a fast non-Tor VPN connection. I think it's a great
idea to use OmniMix and Tor as a Dynamic DNS service without having to
depend on any further provider.

Re: OmniMix TorIP

<047986ba5faf54b39533d126f26d753c@remailer.privacy.at>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10240&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10240

From: mixmas...@remailer.privacy.at (Anonymous Remailer (austria))
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 05:05:57 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer ( - Wed, 27 Oct 2021 03:05 UTC

In article <27b523a8ed265fdfb38751d832669afa@remailer.privacy.at>
wrote:

> In article <b669b1aba0b364ea8fdd243865aac943@dizum.com>
> Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 02:50:56 +0200 (CEST), in article
> > <887bd937f4987ddf3bc7974fd11204f2@remailer.privacy.at> "Anonymous
> > Remailer (austria)" <mixmaster@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:
> >

> > >In article
> > ><490b66ae416a6ae0d0f20898e36caf1f@remailer.paranoici.org>

> > >Speaking for myself I never had any problem with this. My onion
> > >address was always accessible over Tor whenever I tried it.
> > >Works quite well for a webserver and the occasional file U/D/L.
> > >Going to try it for RDP or VNC next.
> >
> > You get an IP Address at Tor/Data with OM 2.6.3 / Tor 0.4.5.10?
>
> Haven't upgraded to 2.6.3 yet, still at 2.6.2, no IP Address.
> Think I noticed the absence of the IP Address at 2.6.0 maybe. I
> don't have problems remotely accessing services using my V3
> onion address.
>
> > <https://danner-net.de/omom/tutor_torplus_ip_tor_data.gif>
>
> Upgraded to 2.6.3. I'll send this using the V3 onion address.

Posted okay via V3 onion address, it's not a fast post - 36
chunks, but it's reliable.

Still no IP Address, 0.0.0.0.
16:47:14.777 250 SocksPort=127.0.0.1:9054 IsolateDestAddr
IsolateDestPort
16:47:14.784 250 ControlPort=9055
16:47:14.785 551 Address unknown
This may just be a cosmetic issue as it doesn't seem to be
affecting operation.
It's been working fine for document downloads since the upgrade.
I'll send this reply via OmniMix V3 onion again.

Good luck.

Re: OmniMix TorIP

<da68dfb65beaa9ad84ac8e7ae35207f4@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10241&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10241

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 05:40:26 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Wed, 27 Oct 2021 03:40 UTC

In article
<aa2fa3cebbaa347a2921f7816b652a56@remailer.paranoici.org>
Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> "Anonymous Remailer (austria)" <mixmaster@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:
>

> >In article <b669b1aba0b364ea8fdd243865aac943@dizum.com>
> >Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>
> >> You get an IP Address at Tor/Data with OM 2.6.3 / Tor 0.4.5.10?
> >
> >Haven't upgraded to 2.6.3 yet, still at 2.6.2, no IP Address.
> >Think I noticed the absence of the IP Address at 2.6.0 maybe.
>
> Yep. OmniMix uses the buggy Tor version 0.4.5.10 since v2.6.0.
>
> >I don't have problems remotely accessing services using my V3
> >onion address.
>
> Sure. The TorIP .onion connection works, but it can't tell you the IP
> address of the network, where your OmniMix resides, which you need to
> finally establish a fast non-Tor VPN connection. I think it's a great
> idea to use OmniMix and Tor as a Dynamic DNS service without having to
> depend on any further provider.

don't you make the vpn connection first and then start omnimix?
that's how i do it and it seems to work ok. mayb tor browser
has a similar problem because i have noticed it slower lately.

Re: OmniMix TorIP

<20211027.072327.5a701d44@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10242&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10242

Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 07:23:27 +0200
From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Wed, 27 Oct 2021 05:23 UTC

Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

>In article
><aa2fa3cebbaa347a2921f7816b652a56@remailer.paranoici.org>
>Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:
>>
>> "Anonymous Remailer (austria)" <mixmaster@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:

>> >Haven't upgraded to 2.6.3 yet, still at 2.6.2, no IP Address.
>> >Think I noticed the absence of the IP Address at 2.6.0 maybe.
>>
>> Yep. OmniMix uses the buggy Tor version 0.4.5.10 since v2.6.0.
>>
>> >I don't have problems remotely accessing services using my V3
>> >onion address.
>>
>> Sure. The TorIP .onion connection works, but it can't tell you the IP
>> address of the network, where your OmniMix resides, which you need to
>> finally establish a fast non-Tor VPN connection. I think it's a great
>> idea to use OmniMix and Tor as a Dynamic DNS service without having to
>> depend on any further provider.
>
>don't you make the vpn connection first and then start omnimix?
>that's how i do it and it seems to work ok. mayb tor browser
>has a similar problem because i have noticed it slower lately.

Let me explain what TorIP means.

I'm here at home not knowing the current (dynamic) IP address of my
office network I like to connect with. But at my office computer I have
OmniMix installed autostarting with Windows. And that OmniMix offers
the TorIP service, which means my OmniMix at home connects with the
office OM's TorIP .onion address and downloads a website containing the
IP address from there. Now knowing the office's WAN address my home
computer finally is able to instantiate a fast non-Tor VPN connection
with the office network, start an RDP session and so on.

<https://danner-net.de/omom/tutortorplusip.htm>

Re: OmniMix TorIP

<1f75978374898e357f462acb38dd5ed4@remailer.privacy.at>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=10271&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#10271

From: mixmas...@remailer.privacy.at (Anonymous Remailer (austria))
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 00:54:42 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous Remailer ( - Wed, 27 Oct 2021 22:54 UTC

In article <20211027.072327.5a701d44@yamn.paranoici.org>
Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:

> Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>
> >In article
> ><aa2fa3cebbaa347a2921f7816b652a56@remailer.paranoici.org>
> >Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> >> Yep. OmniMix uses the buggy Tor version 0.4.5.10 since v2.6.0.

> >> Sure. The TorIP .onion connection works, but it can't tell you the IP
> >> address of the network, where your OmniMix resides, which you need to
> >> finally establish a fast non-Tor VPN connection. I think it's a great
> >> idea to use OmniMix and Tor as a Dynamic DNS service without having to
> >> depend on any further provider.
> >
> >don't you make the vpn connection first and then start omnimix?
> >that's how i do it and it seems to work ok. mayb tor browser
> >has a similar problem because i have noticed it slower lately.
>
> Let me explain what TorIP means.
>
> I'm here at home not knowing the current (dynamic) IP address of my
> office network I like to connect with. But at my office computer I have
> OmniMix installed autostarting with Windows. And that OmniMix offers
> the TorIP service, which means my OmniMix at home connects with the
> office OM's TorIP .onion address and downloads a website containing the
> IP address from there. Now knowing the office's WAN address my home
> computer finally is able to instantiate a fast non-Tor VPN connection
> with the office network, start an RDP session and so on.
>
> <https://danner-net.de/omom/tutortorplusip.htm>

thanks. i learned something new. will try it out later if i
can get the work computer to accept omnimix. they have this
crappy thing called carbon black cloud endpoint that blocks a
lot of things, in particular unsigned executables.

Re: OmniMix TorIP

<105048c7fdadd7d86ee2ebcff6bf2e53@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12470&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12470

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 11:26:47 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Tue, 16 Aug 2022 09:26 UTC

In article <20211027.072327.5a701d44@yamn.paranoici.org>
Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:

> Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>
> >In article
> ><aa2fa3cebbaa347a2921f7816b652a56@remailer.paranoici.org>
> >Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

> >> Yep. OmniMix uses the buggy Tor version 0.4.5.10 since v2.6.0.

> >> Sure. The TorIP .onion connection works, but it can't tell you the IP
> >> address of the network, where your OmniMix resides, which you need to
> >> finally establish a fast non-Tor VPN connection. I think it's a great
> >> idea to use OmniMix and Tor as a Dynamic DNS service without having to
> >> depend on any further provider.
> >
> >don't you make the vpn connection first and then start omnimix?
> >that's how i do it and it seems to work ok. mayb tor browser
> >has a similar problem because i have noticed it slower lately.
>
> Let me explain what TorIP means.
>
> I'm here at home not knowing the current (dynamic) IP address of my
> office network I like to connect with. But at my office computer I have
> OmniMix installed autostarting with Windows. And that OmniMix offers
> the TorIP service, which means my OmniMix at home connects with the
> office OM's TorIP .onion address and downloads a website containing the
> IP address from there. Now knowing the office's WAN address my home
> computer finally is able to instantiate a fast non-Tor VPN connection
> with the office network, start an RDP session and so on.
>
> <https://danner-net.de/omom/tutortorplusip.htm>

I ran across this thread after installing OmniMix 2.6.6. I will
try the procedure later this week. Thanks!

Re: OmniMix TorIP

<3fc57eb7e903ebd77d52a87204f10c4b@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12478&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12478

From: fri...@spamexpire-202208.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 17:43:47 +0200
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 15:43 UTC

On 8/16/2022 2:26 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> In article <20211027.072327.5a701d44@yamn.paranoici.org>
> Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:
>>
>> Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In article
>>> <aa2fa3cebbaa347a2921f7816b652a56@remailer.paranoici.org>

>>> don't you make the vpn connection first and then start omnimix?
>>> that's how i do it and it seems to work ok. mayb tor browser
>>> has a similar problem because i have noticed it slower lately.
>>
>> Let me explain what TorIP means.
>>
>> I'm here at home not knowing the current (dynamic) IP address of my
>> office network I like to connect with. But at my office computer I have
>> OmniMix installed autostarting with Windows. And that OmniMix offers
>> the TorIP service, which means my OmniMix at home connects with the
>> office OM's TorIP .onion address and downloads a website containing the
>> IP address from there. Now knowing the office's WAN address my home
>> computer finally is able to instantiate a fast non-Tor VPN connection
>> with the office network, start an RDP session and so on.
>>
>> <https://danner-net.de/omom/tutortorplusip.htm>
>
> I ran across this thread after installing OmniMix 2.6.6. I will
> try the procedure later this week. Thanks!

Thank you for sharing that!!!

Re: OmniMix TorIP

<3d37ea43422811d5e799097179a64e1f@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=12486&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#12486

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 01:45:52 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 23:45 UTC

In article
<3fc57eb7e903ebd77d52a87204f10c4b@msgid.frell.theremailer.net>
Fritz Wuehler <fritz@spamexpire-
202208.rodent.frell.theremailer.net> wrote:

> On 8/16/2022 2:26 AM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
> > In article <20211027.072327.5a701d44@yamn.paranoici.org>
> > Anonymous <nobody@yamn.paranoici.org> wrote:

> >> Let me explain what TorIP means.
> >>
> >> I'm here at home not knowing the current (dynamic) IP address of my
> >> office network I like to connect with. But at my office computer I have
> >> OmniMix installed autostarting with Windows. And that OmniMix offers
> >> the TorIP service, which means my OmniMix at home connects with the
> >> office OM's TorIP .onion address and downloads a website containing the
> >> IP address from there. Now knowing the office's WAN address my home
> >> computer finally is able to instantiate a fast non-Tor VPN connection
> >> with the office network, start an RDP session and so on.
> >>
> >> <https://danner-net.de/omom/tutortorplusip.htm>
> >
> > I ran across this thread after installing OmniMix 2.6.6. I will
> > try the procedure later this week. Thanks!
> >

> Thank you for sharing that!!!

Office network will need inbound VPN FW ports mapped to client
IP address or VPN connect will not work.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: OmniMix TorIP