If you have a procedure with 10 parameters, you probably missed some.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?

SubjectAuthor
* How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?Nomen Nescio
`* Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?Nomen Nescio
 `* Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?Anonymous
  `* Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?Anonymous
   `* Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?Anonymous
    +- Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?Nomen Nescio
    `* Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?Fritz Wuehler
     `* Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?SEC3
      `* Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?Yamn Remailer
       `- Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?Nomen Nescio

1
How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?

<085ea5f79db1986d90d171245b4dd2c6@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13443&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13443

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 10:25:21 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 09:25 UTC

How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?
� Does it try every messages one by one until it find the mine?
� Does it search only a message based on the subject?

Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?

<df8aefca177e0056d62c916ce4c46156@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13444&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13444

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 12:48:15 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.anonymous,alt.anonymous.messages
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 11:48 UTC

In article <085ea5f79db1986d90d171245b4dd2c6@dizum.com>
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:

> How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?
> � Does it try every messages one by one until it find the mine?
> � Does it search only a message based on the subject?

"-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: Mixmaster 3.1 (OpenPGP module)"

Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?

<f511aa5f7c8453ae13bba6855e117bb1@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13466&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13466

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 14:15:14 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 14:15 UTC

> "-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
> Version: Mixmaster 3.1 (OpenPGP module)"

Thank You for the tip, but I don't understand.
All the messages in AAM start wiith these two strings.
I think it is difficult that OMNIMIX try to decrypt all the messages
until it find the mine.
Or maybe it do exactly this?
Or it is the subject of the message in AAM that contain the signal?

Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?

<20230129.180738.35836e90@yamn.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13470&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13470

From: nob...@yamn.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 18:07:38 +0000
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 18:07 UTC

Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

>> "-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
>> Version: Mixmaster 3.1 (OpenPGP module)"
>
>Thank You for the tip, but I don't understand.
>All the messages in AAM start wiith these two strings.
>I think it is difficult that OMNIMIX try to decrypt all the messages
>until it find the mine.
>Or maybe it do exactly this?
>Or it is the subject of the message in AAM that contain the signal?

OM downloads all messages into its Hamster repository in intervals
specified at Hamster|Config. When a user requests his nyms' incoming
mail, OM scans all messages since the nyms' last request
(NymConfigurator|NymAccounts|NewsgroupPointer) for matching encoded
subject (NymConfigurator|NymAccounts|Subject), decodes the postings it
finds and hands over the results to the requesting mail client.

Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?

<a77786ef004ce977369e8f7aaa355783@remailer.paranoici.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13471&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13471

From: nob...@remailer.paranoici.org (Anonymous)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 19:10:36 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Anonymous - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 19:10 UTC

> OM downloads all messages into its Hamster repository in intervals
> specified at Hamster|Config. When a user requests his nyms' incoming
> mail, OM scans all messages since the nyms' last request
> (NymConfigurator|NymAccounts|NewsgroupPointer) for matching encoded
> subject (NymConfigurator|NymAccounts|Subject), decodes the postings it
> finds and hands over the results to the requesting mail client.

Thank You for your answer.
I try to understand. For example if a message on AAM has this
subject:
Subject: 6721c8c1f8d2c7e312d3300f963247c36177b34e11126cab

No one of my (NymConfigurator|NymAccounts|Subject) matches this
subject.
The subject in AAM is encrypted? and how?

Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?

<8ebe751c399c6f6d656c536c6b746584@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13477&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13477

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 23:58:43 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 22:58 UTC

> The subject in AAM is encrypted? and how?

http://www.is-not-my.name/hsub.html

Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?

<20230130.014928.54cb5400@remailer.frell.eu.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13478&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13478

From: fri...@spamexpire-202301.rodent.frell.theremailer.net (Fritz Wuehler)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 01:49:28 +0100
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Fritz Wuehler - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 00:49 UTC

Anonymous <nobody@remailer.paranoici.org> wrote:

>> OM downloads all messages into its Hamster repository in intervals
>> specified at Hamster|Config. When a user requests his nyms' incoming
>> mail, OM scans all messages since the nyms' last request
>> (NymConfigurator|NymAccounts|NewsgroupPointer) for matching encoded
>> subject (NymConfigurator|NymAccounts|Subject), decodes the postings it
>> finds and hands over the results to the requesting mail client.
>
>Thank You for your answer.
>I try to understand. For example if a message on AAM has this
>subject:
>Subject: 6721c8c1f8d2c7e312d3300f963247c36177b34e11126cab
>
>No one of my (NymConfigurator|NymAccounts|Subject) matches this
>subject.
>The subject in AAM is encrypted? and how?

8 bytes of random data plus the appended subject are hashed
(IDEA/Blowfish/SHA256), the hash is added to those 8 random
bytes and the result finally truncated at choice:

<https://sourceforge.net/p/mixmaster/mailman/message/22705507/>
<http://www.is-not-my.name/hsub.html>

Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?

<i5GBL.317397$gGD7.280162@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13479&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13479

From: adm...@sec3.net (SEC3)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 21:39:10 -0500
 by: SEC3 - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 02:39 UTC

On 2023-01-29 19:49, Fritz Wuehler wrote:

>> The subject in AAM is encrypted? and how?

> 8 bytes of random data plus the appended subject are hashed
> (IDEA/Blowfish/SHA256), the hash is added to those 8 random
> bytes and the result finally truncated at choice:
>
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/mixmaster/mailman/message/22705507/>
> <http://www.is-not-my.name/hsub.html>

There are 2 types of nym servers. Ghio and Zax-type. At present only
Ghio nymservers are available. Ironic since Ghio is the older of the two
types.

Ghio nymservers rely on Type 1 remailers. If the nym user wishes to
encrypt her subject line she must rely on only those Type 1 remailers
that support Esub. Like Paranoia remailer for example.

These remailers use a Mixmaster binary that was compiled with a bit of
code called Esub. Esub creates encrypted subject lines using the IDEA
algorithm and MD5. Alternatively, Blowfish algorithm is used in place of
IDEA (esubbf).

Zax-type nym servers (sometimes refered to as Hsub nym servers) use a
bit of code called Hsub to encrypt the subject line. Hsub uses SHA-256
and some randomly generate bits.

Hsub is supported by some remailers. But Ghio-style nymservers will not
use it. They will use only Esub for encrypting subjects.

--
SEC3

YAMN Help Tutorial - https://www.sec3.net/yamnhelp/

Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?

<20230130.025727.1a2ac599@erienetworks.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13483&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13483

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 sept-huit.erienetworks.net 0C956405FB
From: remai...@domain.invalid (Yamn Remailer)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 02:57:27 -0500
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Yamn Remailer - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 07:57 UTC

SEC3 <admin@sec3.net> wrote:

>On 2023-01-29 19:49, Fritz Wuehler wrote:
>
>>> The subject in AAM is encrypted? and how?
>
>> 8 bytes of random data plus the appended subject are hashed
>> (IDEA/Blowfish/SHA256), the hash is added to those 8 random
>> bytes and the result finally truncated at choice:
>>
>> <https://sourceforge.net/p/mixmaster/mailman/message/22705507/>
>> <http://www.is-not-my.name/hsub.html>
>
>There are 2 types of nym servers. Ghio and Zax-type. At present only
>Ghio nymservers are available. Ironic since Ghio is the older of the two
>types.

And the more versatile one.

>Ghio nymservers rely on Type 1 remailers. If the nym user wishes to
>encrypt her subject line she must rely on only those Type 1 remailers
>that support Esub. Like Paranoia remailer for example.

nym.mixmin.net uses Blowfish instead of IDEA, so when you setup a mixmin
nym with an empty reply block, which means doing without further Type 1
remailers, the mixmin nymserver's integrated Type 1 remailer posts
directly to the (a.a.m) newsgroup using that Blowfish algorithm.

Fortunately OmniMix scans for all subject encoding algorithms in use
(MD5/IDEA, MD5/Blowfish, SHA256).

>These remailers use a Mixmaster binary that was compiled with a bit of
>code called Esub. Esub creates encrypted subject lines using the IDEA
>algorithm and MD5. Alternatively, Blowfish algorithm is used in place of
>IDEA (esubbf).
>
>Zax-type nym servers (sometimes refered to as Hsub nym servers) use a
>bit of code called Hsub to encrypt the subject line. Hsub uses SHA-256
>and some randomly generate bits.
>
>Hsub is supported by some remailers. But Ghio-style nymservers will not
>use it. They will use only Esub for encrypting subjects.

Re: How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?

<e663415a851cedeaae16afc12ca2a246@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=13484&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#13484

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 11:29:27 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 30 Jan 2023 10:29 UTC

In article <20230130.025727.1a2ac599@erienetworks.net>
Yamn Remailer <remailer@domain.invalid> wrote:

> SEC3 <admin@sec3.net> wrote:

> >> 8 bytes of random data plus the appended subject are hashed
> >> (IDEA/Blowfish/SHA256), the hash is added to those 8 random
> >> bytes and the result finally truncated at choice:
> >>
> >> <https://sourceforge.net/p/mixmaster/mailman/message/22705507/>
> >> <http://www.is-not-my.name/hsub.html>
> >
> >There are 2 types of nym servers. Ghio and Zax-type. At present only
> >Ghio nymservers are available. Ironic since Ghio is the older of the two
> >types.
>
> And the more versatile one.
>

> >Ghio nymservers rely on Type 1 remailers. If the nym user wishes to
> >encrypt her subject line she must rely on only those Type 1 remailers
> >that support Esub. Like Paranoia remailer for example.
>
> nym.mixmin.net uses Blowfish instead of IDEA, so when you setup a mixmin
> nym with an empty reply block, which means doing without further Type 1
> remailers, the mixmin nymserver's integrated Type 1 remailer posts
> directly to the (a.a.m) newsgroup using that Blowfish algorithm.
>
> Fortunately OmniMix scans for all subject encoding algorithms in use
> (MD5/IDEA, MD5/Blowfish, SHA256).
>

> >These remailers use a Mixmaster binary that was compiled with a bit of
> >code called Esub. Esub creates encrypted subject lines using the IDEA
> >algorithm and MD5. Alternatively, Blowfish algorithm is used in place of
> >IDEA (esubbf).
> >
> >Zax-type nym servers (sometimes refered to as Hsub nym servers) use a
> >bit of code called Hsub to encrypt the subject line. Hsub uses SHA-256
> >and some randomly generate bits.
> >
> >Hsub is supported by some remailers. But Ghio-style nymservers will not
> >use it. They will use only Esub for encrypting subjects.

OmniMix is cool as shit for all the capability it brings to the
table as a package, and enables through other served pass-thru
resource options. Extremely reliable as well. I've had an
instance running for 7 months on a 2008 R2 VM without a restart.

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / How OMNIMIX find my message on alt.anonymous.messages?