From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Subject: Re: Unassailable: Protect Yourself from Deplatform Attacks,
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 23:53:45+0000
 by: anon - Sun, 10 May 2020 23:53 UTC

> to take control of your own online platform, protect yourself against the moral judgements of others and keep your message alive and accessible.

sounds a lot like this here forum. thanks for the links.

Posted on def4

Re: Unassailable: Protect Yourself from Deplatform Attacks,

<6bca2121219f65086c4b494431b9bcbf$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=137&group=rocksolid.shared.general#137

From: Mei...@rslight.i2p (Mei)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 22:46 UTC
 by: Mei - Mon, 11 May 2020 22:46 UTC

I wonder why sometimes posts don't show up in the thread they're replying to.
--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
rslight.i2p

Re: Unassailable: Protect Yourself from Deplatform Attacks,

<47a185a5f5120f3f90b38271f62e7101$1@rslight.i2p>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=138&group=rocksolid.shared.general#138

From: retro...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 16:31:04 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 11 May 2020 23:31 UTC

Mei wrote:

> I wonder why sometimes posts don't show up in the thread they're replying
> to.

It looks like the post you're replying to does not have a References:
header, so the servers can't link it to what it's a reply to.

Re: Unassailable: Protect Yourself from Deplatform Attacks,

<4284ba6384635e06bb1f09ef75bc0415@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=142&group=rocksolid.shared.general#142

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 17:15:58+0000
 by: anon - Tue, 12 May 2020 17:15 UTC

>It looks like the post you're replying to does not have a References:
header, so the servers can't link it to what it's a reply to.

and here i thought this was specific to def4. you reencode the headers on your end, to make them fit to your public news server scheme, right, Retro Guy ? Could it have something to do with that ?

cheers

trw

Posted on def4

Re: Unassailable: Protect Yourself from Deplatform Attacks,

<r9f7s2$u5r$1@novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=143&group=rocksolid.shared.general#143

From: retro...@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 15:27:12 -0700
 by: Retro Guy - Tue, 12 May 2020 22:27 UTC

anon wrote:

>>It looks like the post you're replying to does not have a References:
> header, so the servers can't link it to what it's a reply to.
>
> and here i thought this was specific to def4. you reencode the headers on
> your end, to make them fit to your public news server scheme, right, Retro
> Guy ? Could it have something to do with that ?

I've thought it was specific to def4 also. I don't change any headers on my
end. If there is or isn't a References header, I don't add or remove it. The
path on the article in question goes from def5 to rocksolid2, both inn2
servers. To get out to usenet from there, it just goes to i2pn2 then to
peers, using all inn2 servers.

Looking at the source of the message at rocksolid2, the first place any of
my servers see it, there is no References header.

Retro Guy

Re: Unassailable: Protect Yourself from Deplatform Attacks,

<d42210ab55821407c62c70ffed253340@def4>

 copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=144&group=rocksolid.shared.general#144

From: ano...@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.general
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 00:25:28+0000
 by: anon - Wed, 13 May 2020 00:25 UTC

ok, in this case it must a bug in bbs (or in the config of my inn2, maybe).

Posted on def4