From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2022 15:22:15 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Wed, 2 Nov 2022 15:22 UTC

Rishi Sunak admits not enough asylum claims are being processed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63486665?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 2:29 PM
Rishi Sunak promises to fix the system, but Keir Starmer says the government has "lost control".
--------------------
Rishi Sunak to review leadership campaign pledges
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63488785?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 2:51 PM
The prime minster will look at whether his promises are still deliverable, his spokeswoman says.
--------------------
Teenagers died after failures at 'overstretched' hospital
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-63472700?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 1:20 PM
Christie Harnett, Nadia Sharif and Emily Moore took their own lives within months of each other.
--------------------
Migos rapper Takeoff killed by 'stray bullet', record label claims
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63483768?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 9:37 AM
The star, who was 28, died on Tuesday night after an altercation at a bowling alley in Houston.
--------------------
Criminals and sexual predators allowed into police, says report
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63478011?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 1:33 PM
Scandals will continue and public trust erode further unless recruitment is tighter, the watchdog says.
--------------------
UK battery firm staff agree to November pay cut
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63483666?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 2:38 PM
About 300 staff at Britishvolt have agreed to take a temporary pay cut as the company battles to stay afloat.
--------------------
Rise in people born outside UK living in England and Wales
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63485073?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 1:59 PM
The 2021 census counted 10 million people living in England and Wales who were born outside the UK.
--------------------
Rosie Cooper: MP at centre of murder plot criticises 'stupid' ITV drama
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63487213?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 3:01 PM
Rosie Cooper delivers a stinging criticism of a TV series about the story behind a plot to kill her.
--------------------
NHS boss Amanda Pritchard says patients not always getting care they deserve
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63403846?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 2:49 PM
Challenge facing health service greater than it was at peak of pandemic, says Amanda Pritchard.
--------------------
Israel elections: Netanyahu set for comeback with far right's help - partial results
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-63459824?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 2:14 PM
The former PM's bloc is on course to win a majority in parliament, partial election results show.
--------------------
Screams heard in Halloween crush emergency calls
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63481769?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 8:36 AM
Calls made to Korean police hours before a fatal crush reveal how the horrifying incident unfolded.
--------------------
The Ukrainian jet pilots hunting cruise missiles
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63465297?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 12:00 AM
Russia has launched hundreds of missiles and drone attacks on Ukraine in the past few weeks.
--------------------
National Living Wage: The truth about food courier pay
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-63391400?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 28, 2022, 5:25 AM
A new BBC documentary looks into what it takes for food couriers to make money during an evening shift.
Cost of living: Man takes on four jobs to keep his business afloat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-63304500?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 6:18 AM
Lee Murthwaite is seeing a 400% increase in energy bills at the recording studio he owns.
--------------------
BBC Food's vegetarian family £1 recipe meal plan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/budget_vegetarian_family_meal_plan_for_four?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 19, 2022, 4:44 PM
This budget-friendly veggie meal plan covers a week's worth of dinners for four adults, coming in at under £28 in total.
--------------------
I can't afford to heat my flat - but free coats keep me warm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-63401596?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 7:57 AM
Dave Smith couldn't believe it when he saw that a local shop was allowing people to take coats for free.
--------------------
Cost of Living: Your money-saving tips for Christmas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63442992?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 7:39 AM
With vanishingly few paydays until Christmas, readers tell us how they're cutting down on festive spending.
--------------------
What is the UK inflation rate and why is the cost of living rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 25, 2022, 9:55 AM
The price of the things we spend our money on is again rising at its highest rate in 40 years.
--------------------
Cost of living: Swansea estate cuts bills by generating energy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63300680?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 31, 2022, 2:34 PM
People on a Swansea estate are reducing bills by sharing solar panels and storing the power.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'We've only got 30p left on our prepayment meter'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-63398234?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 30, 2022, 1:01 AM
A mother says having a prepayment meter installed has made her situation "exponentially worse".
--------------------
Why is there a global energy crisis and who might suffer most from it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-63430824?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 30, 2022, 1:05 AM
Russia's invasion of Ukraine has led to soaring energy prices, threatening supply to the world's poorest.
--------------------
Cost of living: Deptford charity turns phone box into community hub
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63380376?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 30, 2022, 1:02 AM
An old phone box has been helping people struggling with the rising costs of living in Deptford.
--------------------
The Highland haven insulated from rising energy prices
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63402811?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 29, 2022, 8:24 AM
A hydroelectric scheme provides power for the 120 people living in the remote community of Knoydart.
--------------------
Cost of living: Bridgend woman says kids worried they won't eat
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63427517?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 29, 2022, 6:04 AM
One mother says a charity is supporting her as the rising costs of heating and food hit home.
--------------------
BBC Food's family £1 recipe meal plan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/budget_family_meal_plan_for_four#xtor=CS8-1000-%5BEditorialPromo_Box%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BPS_FOOD~N~~P_budget_meal_plannerFP%5D
October 18, 2022, 11:42 AM
This budget-friendly meal plan covers a week's worth of dinners for four adults, coming in at under £28 in total.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'I may have to put my child in care due to bills'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-63372328?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 26, 2022, 11:50 PM
A mum says she fears being separated from her disabled daughter due to energy costs.
--------------------
Energy bill fears as winter looms on the edge of Scotland
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63386010?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 28, 2022, 5:20 AM
Many people living in remote communities are concerned about the impact of rapidly rising prices.
--------------------
Which countries are doing the most to tackle energy bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61522123?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 7, 2022, 2:11 PM
European countries have taken different approaches to higher energy bills.
--------------------
Rishi Sunak: What will the new PM and the Autumn Statement mean for my money?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63387955?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 26, 2022, 10:30 AM
Big decisions affecting your money will be announced in next month's Autumn Statement.
--------------------
BBC experts on six things you can do as cost of living rises
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63284645?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 18, 2022, 9:48 PM
BBC correspondents share some things that could help you cope with rising prices.
--------------------
How to cut your energy bills
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62738249?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 20, 2022, 11:48 AM
Energy bills have gone up, but there are some easy ways households can reduce costs.
--------------------
Cost of living: How can I save money on my food shop?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61798003?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
July 5, 2022, 12:40 PM
The cost-of-living crisis continues to bite. Here are some things that can reduce the impact.
--------------------
The 'superheroes' catching drug dealers in Peru
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-63483024?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 10:54 AM
Peruvian police arrest four suspects in Lima, with officers masquerading as Marvel characters.
--------------------
'My dad, the claw hair clip inventor'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-63401869?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 7:05 AM
BBC journalist Anne-Marie Dias Borges tells how her foster father invented the iconic claw hair clip.
--------------------
Now we'll vote to make him eat bugs - Hancock's constituents
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-63472625?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 11:43 AM
Constituents react to their MP, ex-Health Secretary Matt Hancock, joining ITV's I'm A Celebrity.
--------------------
Morbi bridge collapse: How India tourist spot became a bridge of death
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-63477292?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 9:33 AM
One of India's worst disasters for years left 135 people dead - how did it happen?
--------------------
Haaland not Halland! Why fans' typos are aggravating Sweden
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63483695?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 11:30 AM
The director of Visit Halland says the region's hashtag is now filled with photos of the footballer.
--------------------
US midterm elections: Abortion will decide how I vote - here's why
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/63435169?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 10:39 PM
Paxton and Melanie have very different views on whether abortion should be banned or protected in the US.
--------------------
Shirley Manson: 'Garbage got it in the neck from everyone'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63463129?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 12:06 AM
The singer reflects on how the band survived 30 years, and tells the stories behind their best songs.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Russia's uncertain future a product of its past
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63471505?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 5:32 AM
Russia's invasion of Ukraine is making its future uncertain - but so too is its authoritarian past.
--------------------
How pop band A-ha inspired Norway's electric car revolution
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63375504?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 6:18 AM
The band imported one of Norway's first EVs and launched a campaign of civil disobedience.
--------------------
FA Cup icon Radford dies aged 79
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63489122?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 3:15 PM
Ronnie Radford, scorer of one of the most iconic goals in FA Cup history, dies at the age of 79.
--------------------
Scotland and England to meet at Hampden next year
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63486791?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 12:31 PM
Scotland will host England at Hampden next year to mark the first ever international match between the two sides in 1872.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: England manager Gareth Southgate criticised for Qatar worker comments
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63482319?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 10:53 AM
England manager Gareth Southgate is criticised by human rights groups after he said workers in Qatar are "united" in wanting the World Cup to go ahead.
--------------------
Heavyweight Anthony Joshua says he wants to fight 'good opponents' like Otto Wallin and Dillian Whyte
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/63470282?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 2:47 PM
British heavyweight Anthony Joshua says he is willing to fight Dillian Whyte in a rematch on his return to action next year.
--------------------
T20 World Cup: India boost semi-final chances with five-run win over Bangladesh
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/63485093?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 1:06 PM
India boost their semi-final chances with a tense five-run win over Bangladesh in a rain-affected encounter at the Men's T20 World Cup in Adelaide.
--------------------
Shaunagh Brown column: 'It's scary when retirement thoughts creep in'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63466548?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 7:08 AM
As England prop Shaunagh Brown prepares for Saturday's World Cup semi-final, she considers the "scary" question of retirement.
T20 World Cup: Zimbabwe fielder Milton Shumba loses trousers after embarrassing misfield
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/63482734?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 8:12 AM
Watch the moment Zimbabwe fielder Milton Shumba loses his trousers whilst attempting to stop a Netherlands boundary in the T20 World Cup in Australia.

Click here to read the complete article