From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2022 15:47:12 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sat, 5 Nov 2022 15:47 UTC

Dover migrant centre attack driven by right-wing ideology - police
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-63526659?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 2:26 PM
Andrew Leak threw up to three incendiary devices at the site in Dover, Kent, last Sunday.
--------------------
Itaewon crush: South Korea demands justice for young as thousands protest
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63526479?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 11:52 AM
Tens of thousands attend vigils across Seoul protesting at the government’s handling of the tragedy.
--------------------
Jordan Bardella: French National Rally has new leader to replace Le Pen
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63525377?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 1:07 PM
The appointment of Jordan Bardella, 27, allows Ms Le Pen to focus on leading the parliamentary party.
--------------------
Twitter UK staff get deadline over cuts consultation
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63527336?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 3:35 PM
Hundreds affected by Twitter's worldwide job cuts have three days to elect a representative.
--------------------
The Crown: Seven takeaways from the latest series of Netflix's royal drama
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63512840?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 8:02 AM
Elizabeth Debicki is perfect as Diana, and John Major's portrayal is a revelation, says Katie Razzall.
--------------------
Detainees cause disturbance at London immigration centre
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63525332?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 12:31 PM
A group armed with weaponry have caused a disturbance at the Harmondsworth immigration centre.
--------------------
Train strikes: Passengers warned of disruption after walkouts suspended
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63510380?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 1:19 PM
Walkouts on 5, 7, and 9 November are cancelled - but it is too late to stop services being affected.
--------------------
Sinn Fein's Michelle O'Neill says DUP won't accept her as first minister
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-63490204?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 12:29 PM
The Sinn Féin deputy leader was speaking at the party's conference in Dublin.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Putin endorses evacuations from occupied Kherson
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63523043?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 10:25 AM
The Russian leader approves of civilians leaving "dangerous" areas of a key city in southern Ukraine.
--------------------
Could this be the world's smallest pony?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63526199?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 10:36 AM
Pumuckel, from Germany, is only 50 centimetres tall and weighs just 35 kilos.
--------------------
Cost of living has made my university flat hostile
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63305843?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 3:14 PM
Welsh students say rising bills and inflation is leading to awkward conversations with housemates.
--------------------
House prices: What happens when they fall?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63147101?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 12:07 PM
How could rising interest rates affect the housing market around the UK?
--------------------
Cost of living: Can Christmas lights displays survive the energy crisis?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-63499154?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 12:43 AM
With the energy price cap at an all-time high, can householders keep their spectacular displays switched on?
--------------------
Mortgages: What happens if I miss a payment?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63486782?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 12:02 AM
Homeowners are worried about rising mortgage costs - but lenders must help those struggling.
--------------------
How to cut your energy bills
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62738249?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 20, 2022, 11:48 AM
Energy bills have gone up, but there are some easy ways households can reduce costs.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'My children have no idea we're here to keep warm'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-63499571?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 6:11 AM
Libraries are providing support and warmth as people struggle with the cost-of-living crisis.
--------------------
Cost of living: Second-hand shopping in vogue as prices rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63500003?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 6:29 AM
Attitudes towards pre-owned goods are changing and sustainability advocates welcome the shift.
--------------------
What is the UK inflation rate and why is the cost of living rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 1:11 PM
The cost of living is increasing at its fastest rate in 40 years, due to rising food and energy prices.
--------------------
Mortgage calculator: How much more could you pay?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63474582?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 10:47 AM
Use our calculator to find out how much mortgage payments could go up for your household.
--------------------
What is a recession and how could it affect me?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52986863?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 12:50 PM
The UK could be set for its longest recession since records began, the Bank of England has warned.
--------------------
Is it right to raise interest rates in a recession?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63498306?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 5:57 PM
An economic downturn would usually mean an easing of rates, but there's inflation to tackle too.
--------------------
UK interest rates: How will the rise affect you and how high could it go?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57764601?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 12:15 PM
Interest rates have seen their biggest jump for decades, so how could this affect you?
--------------------
'We've taken teabags and meat out of our hampers'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63491029?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 1:25 AM
As food price inflation soars, front-line charities say they may have to cut down on vital services.
--------------------
What are interest rates? A quick guide
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63460591?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 11:30 AM
Why interest rates are so important - especially when they change.
--------------------
Cost of living: The homebuyers anxious about their mortgages
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-63470931?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 1:17 AM
Three people from Derby tell BBC News how they will be affected by the Bank of England base rate hike.
--------------------
Why does the Bank of England change interest rates?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50837114?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 12:02 PM
The Bank of England is increasing its key interest rate to help curb inflation.
--------------------
National Living Wage: The truth about food courier pay
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-63391400?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 28, 2022, 5:25 AM
A new BBC documentary looks into what it takes for food couriers to make money during an evening shift.
--------------------
BBC Food's vegetarian family £1 recipe meal plan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/budget_vegetarian_family_meal_plan_for_four?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 19, 2022, 4:44 PM
This budget-friendly veggie meal plan covers a week's worth of dinners for four adults, coming in at under £28 in total.
--------------------
Cost of Living: Your money-saving tips for Christmas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63442992?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 7:39 AM
With vanishingly few paydays until Christmas, readers tell us how they're cutting down on festive spending.
--------------------
Cost of living: Swansea estate cuts bills by generating energy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63300680?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 31, 2022, 2:34 PM
People on a Swansea estate are reducing bills by sharing solar panels and storing the power.
--------------------
Why is there a global energy crisis and who might suffer most from it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-63430824?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 30, 2022, 1:05 AM
Russia's invasion of Ukraine has led to soaring energy prices, threatening supply to the world's poorest.
--------------------
BBC Food's family £1 recipe meal plan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/budget_family_meal_plan_for_four#xtor=CS8-1000-%5BEditorialPromo_Box%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BPS_FOOD~N~~P_budget_meal_plannerFP%5D
October 18, 2022, 11:42 AM
This budget-friendly meal plan covers a week's worth of dinners for four adults, coming in at under £28 in total.
--------------------
Which countries are doing the most to tackle energy bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61522123?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 7, 2022, 2:11 PM
European countries have taken different approaches to higher energy bills.
--------------------
BBC experts on six things you can do as cost of living rises
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63284645?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 18, 2022, 9:48 PM
BBC correspondents share some things that could help you cope with rising prices.
--------------------
Cost of living: How can I save money on my food shop?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61798003?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
July 5, 2022, 12:40 PM
The cost-of-living crisis continues to bite. Here are some things that can reduce the impact.
--------------------
Russians said they’d take my baby: A medic’s story
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63464868?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 12:13 AM
A Ukrainian woman suffered months of poor treatment and conditions while pregnant in a Russian prison.
--------------------
Liberal Democrats eye blue wall seats in wake of Tory turmoil
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63514048?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 12:03 PM
The party only has 14 MPs but hopes to make the most of hostility towards the government.
--------------------
UK Youth Parliament: ‘We have fire in us to create change’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63520778?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 10:22 PM
This is the first time members of the UK Youth Parliament have debated in the House of Commons since 2019.
--------------------
TikTok influencer cleans people's homes for free
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63390161?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 12:23 AM
Professional cleaner Auri from Finland cleans the homes of people in need.
--------------------
COP27: Climate anxiety is rising - it might be a good thing
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63516055?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 1:06 AM
As another UN summit kicks off, experts say climate anxiety could help solve the problem.
--------------------
'We know where your family live' - Ukrainian fighters face online death threats
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-63491977?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 1:05 AM
A BBC investigation finds that Ukrainian soldiers and pro-Ukrainian activists are being targeted on Telegram.
--------------------
Week in pictures: 29 October - 4 November 2022
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-63514358?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 1:31 AM
A selection of powerful images from all over the globe, taken in the past seven days.
--------------------
I dream of watching Manchester United but know I never will
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-63465495?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 9:18 AM
A senior Buddhist monk reveals the strength needed to follow a disciplined way of life.
--------------------
Will falling gas prices mean lower bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63512583?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 10:25 PM
Higher demand in winter could push up the wholesale gas price before households feel much benefit.
--------------------
Russia-Ukraine war: At the front line of Ukraine's struggle for Kherson
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63489081?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 12:45 PM
Jeremy Bowen reports on the fight for a city that Kyiv is desperate to recapture from Russia's army.
--------------------
FA Cup: Connor Wickham scores amazing lob from halfway line
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63527873?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 2:09 PM
Connor Wickham scores an amazing lob from inside the centre circle to seal Forest Green's 2-0 victory over non-league South Shields in the FA Cup.
--------------------
T20 World Cup: England reach semi-finals with nervy win over Sri Lanka
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/63516790?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 11:54 AM
England survive a scare to reach the semi-finals of the Men's T20 World Cup with a nerve-jangling four-wicket victory over Sri Lanka in Sydney.
--------------------
US midterms: Pro- and anti-Trump Republicans' fates diverge in Colorado
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63493606?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 11:47 PM
An ultra pro-Trump congresswoman and an anti-Trump Senate candidate are both Republicans in the same state.
--------------------
US midterms: What does Trump want from the elections?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63476147?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 3:10 PM
Many see the upcoming elections as a test of the former president's influence on the Republican Party.
--------------------
US crime: Is America seeing a surge in violence?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57581270?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 24, 2022, 9:55 PM
Law and order promises to be a key talking point in the US midterms. We look at the numbers.
--------------------
US midterm elections: Why are they so important?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63139993?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 31, 2022, 5:30 PM
Americans will be reshaping Congress but the impact of this vote will be far-reaching. Here's why.
--------------------
What are the US midterms? A simple guide
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61274333?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 14, 2022, 10:42 AM
The US holds midterm elections on 8 November, but who's in the running and what could the results mean?
--------------------
US midterm elections: A quick guide to what you need to know
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62807061?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 24, 2022, 10:57 AM
Get up to speed with everything you need to know this election season.
--------------------
US midterm elections: Why five states have slavery on the ballot in 2022
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63338784?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 9:18 AM
The 1865 US slavery ban doesn't cover everyone. Voters will decide whether to keep the exemptions.
--------------------
Midterms turnout: Could Australia-style voting help in US?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63470826?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 11:12 PM
Turnout in US elections falls below other countries. We look 10,000 miles away for a possible solution.
--------------------
US midterms: How will new voting laws affect the election?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60309566?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 5:14 PM
New voting rules have come in across the US ahead of midterm elections. What impact will they have?
--------------------
She welcomes student loan relief. He says it's an insult
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63435168?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 12:14 AM
They owe thousands of dollars, but these two US voters view debt forgiveness very differently.
--------------------
US midterm elections: The six races that could decide the US Senate
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63291205?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 6:53 PM
In a Senate split 50-50 between two parties, every race counts. Here are six to watch.
--------------------
US midterms: How Gen Z and Tik Tok could influence election
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63435544?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 12:32 AM
Young voters turned out in big numbers in 2020. Will they show up again to impact the midterms?
US midterm elections: Abortion will decide how I vote - here's why
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/63435169?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 10:39 PM
Paxton and Melanie have very different views on whether abortion should be banned or protected in the US.

Click here to read the complete article