From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 15:51:52 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sun, 6 Nov 2022 15:51 UTC

Williamson text messages were not acceptable, says minister
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63530070?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 12:06 PM
The PM was not aware of Sir Gavin's messages before he promoted him to cabinet, Oliver Dowden says.
--------------------
COP27: 'Climate chaos' warning as UN summit begins
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63517078?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 1:02 PM
Egypt urges nations to turn pledges into action as the UN climate conference opens.
--------------------
Twitter users jump to Mastodon - but what is it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63534240?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 1:40 PM
The little-known social network's user base has swelled after Elon Musk's takeover of Twitter.
--------------------
Tanzanian Precision Air plane crashes into Lake Victoria
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-63532896?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 2:53 PM
At least 19 people have died after a plane plunged into Africa's largest lake during a storm.
--------------------
Ed Davey: Tories have betrayed British people
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63534980?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 3:09 PM
The Lib Dem leader says his party will "end the chaos" that saw three prime ministers in two months.
--------------------
Fireworks thrown at crews tackling bonfire blazes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-63533659?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 11:53 AM
Crews were targeted and vehicles were damaged on one of the busiest nights for 999 crews.
--------------------
Rail passengers urged to check Monday travel
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63522511?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 3:28 PM
Most train companies will operate limited services on Monday despite strikes being called off.
--------------------
Nurses set to hold biggest-ever strike
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63403850?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 10:12 AM
The NHS is braced for the walkout by Royal College of Nursing members in a dispute over pay.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: 10 European football associations respond to Fifa's 'focus on football' letter
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63533589?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 3:36 PM
Ten European football associations including England and Wales say "human rights are universal and apply everywhere" after Fifa asked nations competing at the Qatar World Cup to "now focus on the football".
--------------------
New York fire: Moment woman rescued by firefighters with a rope
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63532906?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 8:44 AM
A woman is pulled from an apartment block in New York after a blaze left at least 38 people injured.
--------------------
Glastonbury Festival ticket sale hit by technical issue
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-63533949?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 12:26 PM
Festival organisers apologised for the problem and announced a ticket resale in spring 2023.
--------------------
Cost of living: Pub halves beer and cider choice to survive
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63501972?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 3:43 PM
A landlord is pinning energy bills to walls to show regulars why the cost of their pint has gone up.
--------------------
Mortgage calculator: How much more could you pay?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63474582?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 10:47 AM
Use our calculator to find out how much mortgage payments could go up for your household.
--------------------
What is a recession and how could it affect me?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52986863?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 12:50 PM
The UK could be set for its longest recession since records began, the Bank of England has warned.
--------------------
Cost of living has made my university flat hostile
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63305843?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 3:14 PM
Welsh students say rising bills and inflation is leading to awkward conversations with housemates.
--------------------
House prices: What happens when they fall?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-63147101?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 12:07 PM
How could rising interest rates affect the housing market around the UK?
--------------------
Cost of living: Can Christmas lights displays survive the energy crisis?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-63499154?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 12:43 AM
With the energy price cap at an all-time high, can householders keep their spectacular displays switched on?
--------------------
Mortgages: What happens if I miss a payment?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63486782?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 12:02 AM
Homeowners are worried about rising mortgage costs - but lenders must help those struggling.
--------------------
How to cut your energy bills
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62738249?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 20, 2022, 11:48 AM
Energy bills have gone up, but there are some easy ways households can reduce costs.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'My children have no idea we're here to keep warm'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-63499571?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 6:11 AM
Libraries are providing support and warmth as people struggle with the cost-of-living crisis.
--------------------
Cost of living: Second-hand shopping in vogue as prices rise
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63500003?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 6:29 AM
Attitudes towards pre-owned goods are changing and sustainability advocates welcome the shift.
--------------------
What is the UK inflation rate and why is the cost of living rising?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 1:11 PM
The cost of living is increasing at its fastest rate in 40 years, due to rising food and energy prices.
--------------------
Is it right to raise interest rates in a recession?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63498306?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 5:57 PM
An economic downturn would usually mean an easing of rates, but there's inflation to tackle too.
--------------------
UK interest rates: How will the rise affect you and how high could it go?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57764601?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 12:15 PM
Interest rates have seen their biggest jump for decades, so how could this affect you?
--------------------
'We've taken teabags and meat out of our hampers'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63491029?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 1:25 AM
As food price inflation soars, front-line charities say they may have to cut down on vital services.
--------------------
What are interest rates? A quick guide
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63460591?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 11:30 AM
Why interest rates are so important - especially when they change.
--------------------
Cost of living: The homebuyers anxious about their mortgages
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-63470931?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 1:17 AM
Three people from Derby tell BBC News how they will be affected by the Bank of England base rate hike.
--------------------
Why does the Bank of England change interest rates?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50837114?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 12:02 PM
The Bank of England is increasing its key interest rate to help curb inflation.
--------------------
National Living Wage: The truth about food courier pay
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-63391400?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 28, 2022, 5:25 AM
A new BBC documentary looks into what it takes for food couriers to make money during an evening shift.
--------------------
BBC Food's vegetarian family £1 recipe meal plan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/budget_vegetarian_family_meal_plan_for_four?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 19, 2022, 4:44 PM
This budget-friendly veggie meal plan covers a week's worth of dinners for four adults, coming in at under £28 in total.
--------------------
Cost of Living: Your money-saving tips for Christmas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63442992?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 7:39 AM
With vanishingly few paydays until Christmas, readers tell us how they're cutting down on festive spending.
--------------------
Cost of living: Swansea estate cuts bills by generating energy
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63300680?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 31, 2022, 2:34 PM
People on a Swansea estate are reducing bills by sharing solar panels and storing the power.
--------------------
Why is there a global energy crisis and who might suffer most from it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-63430824?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 30, 2022, 1:05 AM
Russia's invasion of Ukraine has led to soaring energy prices, threatening supply to the world's poorest.
--------------------
BBC Food's family £1 recipe meal plan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/budget_family_meal_plan_for_four#xtor=CS8-1000-%5BEditorialPromo_Box%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BNewsEditorial_Promo%5D-%5BPS_FOOD~N~~P_budget_meal_plannerFP%5D
October 18, 2022, 11:42 AM
This budget-friendly meal plan covers a week's worth of dinners for four adults, coming in at under £28 in total.
--------------------
Which countries are doing the most to tackle energy bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61522123?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 7, 2022, 2:11 PM
European countries have taken different approaches to higher energy bills.
--------------------
BBC experts on six things you can do as cost of living rises
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63284645?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 18, 2022, 9:48 PM
BBC correspondents share some things that could help you cope with rising prices.
--------------------
Cost of living: How can I save money on my food shop?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61798003?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
July 5, 2022, 12:40 PM
The cost-of-living crisis continues to bite. Here are some things that can reduce the impact.
--------------------
Your pictures on the theme of 'sculpture'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-63486977?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 12:55 AM
A selection of striking images from our readers around the world.
--------------------
Tonton Zola Moukoko: My Championship Manager fame
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-63520299?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 11:33 PM
Tonton Zola Moukoko gained a cult following after featuring in Championship Manager 01/02.
--------------------
The Crown: Seven takeaways from the latest series of Netflix's royal drama
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63512840?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 8:02 AM
Elizabeth Debicki is perfect as Diana, and John Major's portrayal is a revelation, says Katie Razzall.
--------------------
National Insurance: Will tax cut save me money?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58436009?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 1:21 AM
The government's reversal of the 1.25p increase in National Insurance has come into effect.
--------------------
The Art of the Terraces: How football fans led a fashion revolution
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63498068?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 1:21 AM
The style and fashion of football casuals is celebrated in a new exhibition in Liverpool.
--------------------
Why mourners are opting to scatter ashes by drone
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-63414672?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 11:34 PM
Former RAF pilot Christopher Mace says his time in the services inspired the idea.
--------------------
Multiple Tornadoes hit southern US states
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63530394?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 5, 2022, 7:43 PM
One dead and several injured as powerful storms hit Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas
--------------------
Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal: Gabriel scores as Gunners return to top of Premier League
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63443732?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 2:06 PM
Arsenal return to the top of the Premier League table as Gabriel's close-range finish gives them a win against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
--------------------
US midterms: Why abortion still matters in these crucial elections
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63434895?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 6, 2022, 12:58 AM
Inflation is voters' top issue, but Democrats hope anger over abortion bans will boost turnout.
--------------------
US midterm elections: Why are they so important?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63139993?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 31, 2022, 5:30 PM
Americans will be reshaping Congress but the impact of this vote will be far-reaching. Here's why.
--------------------
US midterm elections: The six races that could decide the US Senate
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63291205?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 6:53 PM
In a Senate split 50-50 between two parties, every race counts. Here are six to watch.
--------------------
US midterm elections: What has Joe Biden achieved so far and what awaits?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63375316?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 25, 2022, 9:43 AM
Voters are not picking a new president in this election, but the outcome will be a verdict on Joe Biden.
--------------------
What are the US midterms? A simple guide
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61274333?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 14, 2022, 10:42 AM
The US holds midterm elections on 8 November, but who's in the running and what could the results mean?
--------------------
US midterms: Pro- and anti-Trump Republicans' fates diverge in Colorado
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63493606?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 11:47 PM
An ultra pro-Trump congresswoman and an anti-Trump Senate candidate are both Republicans in the same state.
--------------------
US midterms: What does Trump want from the elections?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63476147?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 3:10 PM
Many see the upcoming elections as a test of the former president's influence on the Republican Party.
--------------------
US crime: Is America seeing a surge in violence?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57581270?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 24, 2022, 9:55 PM
Law and order promises to be a key talking point in the US midterms. We look at the numbers.
--------------------
US midterm elections: A quick guide to what you need to know
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62807061?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 24, 2022, 10:57 AM
Get up to speed with everything you need to know this election season.
--------------------
US midterm elections: Why five states have slavery on the ballot in 2022
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63338784?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 9:18 AM
The 1865 US slavery ban doesn't cover everyone. Voters will decide whether to keep the exemptions.
--------------------
Midterms turnout: Could Australia-style voting help in US?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63470826?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 11:12 PM
Turnout in US elections falls below other countries. We look 10,000 miles away for a possible solution.
--------------------
US midterms: How will new voting laws affect the election?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60309566?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 5:14 PM
New voting rules have come in across the US ahead of midterm elections. What impact will they have?
--------------------
She welcomes student loan relief. He says it's an insult
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63435168?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 12:14 AM
They owe thousands of dollars, but these two US voters view debt forgiveness very differently.
--------------------
US midterms: How Gen Z and Tik Tok could influence election
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63435544?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 3, 2022, 12:32 AM
Young voters turned out in big numbers in 2020. Will they show up again to impact the midterms?
US midterm elections: Abortion will decide how I vote - here's why
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/63435169?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 1, 2022, 10:39 PM
Paxton and Melanie have very different views on whether abortion should be banned or protected in the US.

Click here to read the complete article