From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 16:23:36 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Sat, 19 Nov 2022 16:23 UTC

Ukraine war: Rishi Sunak visits President Zelensky in Kyiv as he pledges £50m in aid
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63687045?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 3:53 PM
The UK prime minister has travelled to Ukraine for the first time since taking office.
--------------------
Awaab Ishak: Housing boss sacked after boy's mould death
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-63689579?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 3:42 PM
Gareth Swarbrick is removed from his post after the death of a two-year-old boy due to flat mould.
--------------------
Fifa boss accuses West of hypocrisy in World Cup speech
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63687412?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 11:51 AM
Fifa president Gianni Infantino accuses the West of "hypocrisy" in its reporting about Qatar's human rights record on the eve of the World Cup.
--------------------
Artemis: Nasa expects humans to live on Moon this decade
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63688229?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 2:59 PM
A senior official tells the BBC the Artemis missions will lead to astronauts living on the Moon.
--------------------
Staying warm: What does an unheated room do to your body?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63602501?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 1:11 AM
The BBC's health and science correspondent undergoes an experiment to find out how a cold home affects him.
--------------------
Scot lands on home soil after Iraqi jail ordeal
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-63688367?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 1:47 PM
Tears and high emotions greeted Brian Glendinning at Edinburgh Airport after two months in custody.
--------------------
Solihull murders: Police 'failed and let down' women says ex-watchdog
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-63688097?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 11:58 AM
Raneem Oudeh and Khaola Saleem were "possibly not taken seriously", says a former police watchdog.
--------------------
Laura Kuenssberg: How much is the Autumn Statement going to hurt?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63689718?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 4:15 PM
Do ministers believe pain for people and public services is the price of stability, asks Laura Kuenssberg.
--------------------
Tears as first Kyiv train arrives in freed Kherson
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63688886?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 12:31 PM
Crowds gather on a bridge to welcome the train as families reunite after months apart.
--------------------
England star: You don't need beer for an atmosphere
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63688479?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 12:30 PM
England defender Eric Dier says fans should be able to enjoy the World Cup with or without alcohol after Fifa issued a last-minute ban in World Cup stadiums.
--------------------
Giant panda gifted to Taiwan by China dies
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63688385?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 12:36 PM
Tuan Tuan was given to Taipei zoo in 2008 before relations between China and Taiwan deteriorated.
--------------------
Adele kicks off rescheduled Las Vegas residency
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63687507?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 10:05 AM
The singer praised fans who had waited nearly a year for the postponed show to go ahead.
--------------------
Rent rises: 'I'm nearly 70, I can't afford to rent any more'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-63629852?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 12:01 AM
Barbara Kennedy is one of thousands of private renters in Northern Ireland struggling with rising costs.
--------------------
Winter weather: Keeping costs down when it's cold
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63677931?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 1:24 AM
As energy bills rise and temperatures fall, there are extra payments available.
--------------------
What is the minimum wage and how much is it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48445674?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 10:01 AM
The minimum wage for over-23s is going up 9.7% in April of next year.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'My daughter wraps me in a blanket to keep warm'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-63602451?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 1:14 AM
Patients with kidney disease are struggling to keep warm and pay for their dialysis, a charity says.
--------------------
WhatsApp groups help get food to those who need it
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63461678?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 12:00 AM
Messaging apps have become a popular way to reach people who are struggling with the cost of food.
--------------------
Cost of Living: What questions do you have about food and cooking?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63655110?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 1:16 AM
Use this form to send us your questions about food, budgeting and cooking.
--------------------
What is the triple lock and how much will my pension go up by?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53082530?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 17, 2022, 12:38 PM
The government has confirmed that the state pension will increase by inflation from April 2023.
--------------------
What is the energy price cap and what will happen to bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58090533?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 17, 2022, 2:10 PM
The energy bill support package will continue after April, but will be less generous.
--------------------
Autumn Statement: BBC experts on six things you need to know
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63386356?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 10:41 AM
BBC correspondents on how the new economic plan will affect your household budget.
--------------------
UK inflation rate calculator: How much are prices rising for you?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62558817?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 16, 2022, 7:09 AM
Use our calculator to find out how much the cost of living is going up in your household.
--------------------
What is the inflation rate and why are prices rising so much?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 16, 2022, 9:08 AM
The cost of living is increasing at its fastest rate in 40 years, due to rising food and energy prices.
--------------------
Cost of Living: 'I've given up booze and Netflix to cut costs, but I've got hope'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63629083?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 16, 2022, 2:06 AM
As young people are hit by the rising cost of living, how are they coping?
--------------------
Which countries are doing the most to tackle energy bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61522123?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 7, 2022, 2:11 PM
European countries have taken different approaches to higher energy bills.
--------------------
What is a recession and how could it affect me?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52986863?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 13, 2022, 9:32 PM
The UK could be set for its longest recession since records began, the Bank of England has warned.
--------------------
When are the £324 cost-of-living payments and energy rebates due?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61592496?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 8, 2022, 12:04 AM
All UK households are getting £400 off their winter energy bill and many on low incomes get extra help.
--------------------
Alan MacMasters: How the great online toaster hoax was exposed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/the-reporters-63622746?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 1:08 AM
How a 15-year-old schoolboy exposed a much-repeated "fact" as a Wikipedia hoax.
--------------------
Can we trust economic forecasts?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/63588631?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 3:09 AM
How much weight should we put on predictions from the Office for Budget Responsibility and other experts?
--------------------
Banksy uses Ukraine as a canvas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63686223?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 2:01 AM
The footage shows the anonymous British artist working around Kyiv - but never reveals his face.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Were Russian soldiers shot after surrendering?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63676446?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 10:09 PM
Video has emerged that Russia says shows the killing of their troops in eastern Ukraine.
--------------------
Instagram and TikTok star: 'We're not used to seeing disabled people as sexy'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-63573815?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 9:15 AM
Instagram star Sophie Butler speaks about her gym accident and how she ended up on the catwalk.
--------------------
Eurovision 2023: How song contest changed lives of Loreen, Netta and Duncan Laurence
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63677509?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 1:47 AM
Memorable acts from the song contest's history perform at a special concert in The Netherlands.
--------------------
Ukraine: 'The Russians are gone but I still live in my cellar'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63655750?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 1:05 AM
Although their city is no longer occupied, Ukrainians like Lubov are still having to hide from shelling.
--------------------
Naomi Biden: Biden's granddaughter to marry at the White House
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63667016?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 12:43 AM
As Joe Biden's granddaughter gets married at America's most famous address, who else tied the knot there?
--------------------
The Papers: 'They think it's all sober' and PM's fears for women
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-63685096?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 5:46 AM
Saturday's front pages cover the last-minute decision to stop alcohol being sold at World Cup stadiums.
--------------------
West Yorkshire Police: On shift with the 999 call handlers
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-63561215?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 2:02 AM
West Yorkshire Police's busy team of call handlers deal with 1,300 emergency calls every day.
--------------------
A journey to the site of the Nord Stream explosions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-63636181?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 12:49 PM
As Sweden says the gas lines were blown up deliberately, our Europe editor reports from the scene.
--------------------
Piccadilly Circus: New screen to make landmark bolder and brighter
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63667198?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 11:00 AM
A development company plans to erect a giant screen to show news, travel and advertisements.
--------------------
Is this really the end of Twitter?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63675849?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 12:52 PM
The BBC's technology editor looks at claims that Twitter may be heading for calamity.
--------------------
Australia 54-4 New Zealand: Brad Donald's side win record-equalling third Women's Rugby League World Cup
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/63689324?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 3:18 PM
Australia produce a superb display to thrash New Zealand as they win a record-equalling third Women's World Cup at Old Trafford.
--------------------
Wales 12-13 Georgia: Visitors stun hosts with historic victory
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63687627?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 3:15 PM
Georgia produce the finest day of their history with a shock win over woeful Wales in Cardiff.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe - relive 10 defining goals from 2018 tournament
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/60932622?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 6:11 AM
BBC Sport relives 10 defining goals from the 2018 World Cup - featuring stunning strikes from Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappe and Cristiano Ronaldo.
--------------------
COP27: What are the sticking points in COP27 negotiations?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63666086?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 2:12 PM
Clashes over cash for poor countries are dominating as talks at COP27 run into the weekend.
--------------------
What is climate change? A really simple guide
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24021772?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 9:23 AM
World temperatures are rising because of human activity, threatening every aspect of human life.
--------------------
COP27: Without Greta, activists make waves at climate summit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63599932?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 15, 2022, 12:05 AM
Young campaigners say they are calling out "greenwashing" at COP27 from the inside.
--------------------
COP27: Lack of women at negotiations raises concern
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63636435?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 16, 2022, 1:01 AM
Women barely feature in negotiations in Egypt despite bearing the brunt of climate change.
--------------------
Climate change: Four things you can do about your carbon footprint
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-58171814?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 2:49 PM
Small changes to our lifestyles and choices could limit our personal carbon footprint.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Tournament in Qatar set to get under way
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63670102?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 2:03 PM
After 12 years of questions, criticisms and conjecture, the Fifa World Cup in Qatar will finally get under way on Sunday.
--------------------
Who will win the World Cup? BBC pundits make their predictions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63607882?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 6:06 AM
Who will win, who might spring a surprise and how will England and Wales do? BBC pundits predict what will happen at the 2022 World Cup.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Fixtures, schedule, groups and where to watch on TV
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60959746?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 16, 2022, 2:57 PM
BBC Sport provides a day-by-day guide to who is playing when and where you can watch the match in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Wales-Qatar electric car bid falls short
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63667078?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 10:55 PM
The team were concerned about finding charging points, but a little-known law was to be their undoing.
--------------------
World Cup stadium alcohol ban emblematic of contradictions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-63687150?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 8:48 AM
"I'm actually worried," says one person in Qatar. "We haven't had anything like this before."
--------------------
World Cup 2022: What can England and Wales fans expect in Qatar?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63427242?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 1:20 PM
Cost, travel, rooms - what can supporters expect from the first World Cup in the Middle East?
--------------------
The best teams who never won the World Cup
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63102119?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 17, 2022, 10:16 AM
The best teams not to win the World Cup are ranked by Gary Lineker, Alan Shearer and Micah Richards in the latest Match of the Day Top 10 podcast.
--------------------
Pioneer opens doors for female referees in Qatar
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/63519142?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 7:45 AM
Rwanda's Salima Mukansanga hopes being selected for the men's World Cup will help other officials.
--------------------
2022 World Cup: The numbers which make the Qatar event so different
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63118686?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 7:08 AM
The World Cup in Qatar starts on Sunday in what promises to be a unique tournament. So what makes it so different?
World Cup 2022: Inside a World Cup fan park in Qatar - scorching heat & £12 pints
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63651308?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 16, 2022, 5:38 PM
Scorching heat, lack of shade, £12 pints and huge screens - this is what it's like inside a World Cup fan park in Qatar.

Click here to read the complete article