From: use...@novabbs.org (rslight rss feeds)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.feeds.news
Subject: BBC News
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2022 16:32:20 +0000
 by: rslight rss feeds - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 16:32 UTC

Shamima Begum trafficked by IS to Syria for sexual exploitation, court hears
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63699503?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 3:49 PM
Her UK citizenship was unlawfully stripped, lawyers say, as a five-day appeal hearing begins.
--------------------
Indonesia: Java quake kills 162 and injures hundreds
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63700629?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 4:18 PM
Rescuers are working into the night to save people still trapped under collapsed buildings.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: England 6-2 Iran: Three Lions win World Cup opener emphatically
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63603382?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 3:30 PM
Bukayo Saka scores twice as England cruise to a comfortable win against Iran in their Qatar 2022 opener.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Iran players decline to sing national anthem
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63706487?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 3:58 PM
Iran decline to sing their national anthem before their World Cup match with England in apparent expression of support of anti-government protests in their homeland.
--------------------
Joe Lycett did not shred £10k in David Beckham Qatar protest
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63703831?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 4:23 PM
The comedian has donated his David Beckham Qatar World Cup protest money to LGBT charities.
--------------------
Nasa's Artemis spacecraft arrives at the Moon
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63697714?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 12:48 PM
Nasa's Orion capsule sweeps past the Moon before entering into a larger orbit.
--------------------
NHS bosses in Scotland discuss having wealthy pay for treatment
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-63659754?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 12:24 PM
The idea of paying for care as part of a "two-tier" system appears in minutes of a meeting of NHS Scotland leaders.
--------------------
Nottingham: Mother still critical after girls die in fire
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-63702964?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 12:41 PM
Two girls, aged three and one, died in hospital after the blaze early on Sunday morning.
--------------------
Brexit: Rishi Sunak rules out deal that relies on EU law alignment
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63700905?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 12:55 PM
"I believe in Brexit," says Rishi Sunak, after suggestions UK could pursue a Swiss-style deal with the EU.
--------------------
Suspended Tory MP David Warburton breached code of conduct
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63706016?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 3:49 PM
David Warburton apologises for failing to declare a £150,000 loan from a Russian-born businessman.
--------------------
Nuclear test veterans to be honoured with medal after campaign
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63702931?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 2:46 PM
Veterans of Cold War tests will receive special medals after years of campaigning for recognition.
--------------------
T. rex auction cancelled after skeleton doubts raised
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63700297?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 3:28 PM
Christie's auction house says the seller has decided to loan it to a museum instead.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'We both work but we can't afford the family rent'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63694797?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 1:13 AM
A nurse is facing eviction with her family, and they can't find a new home within budget.
--------------------
Which countries are doing the most to tackle energy bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/61522123?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
October 7, 2022, 2:11 PM
European countries have taken different approaches to higher energy bills.
--------------------
Winter weather: Keeping costs down when it's cold
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63677931?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 1:24 AM
As energy bills rise and temperatures fall, there are extra payments available.
--------------------
Cost of living: How can I save money on my food shop?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61798003?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
July 5, 2022, 12:40 PM
The cost-of-living crisis continues to bite. Here are some things that can reduce the impact.
--------------------
Staying warm: What does an unheated room do to your body?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63602501?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 1:11 AM
The BBC's health and science correspondent undergoes an experiment to find out how a cold home affects him.
--------------------
Rent rises: 'I'm nearly 70, I can't afford to rent any more'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-63629852?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 12:01 AM
Barbara Kennedy is one of thousands of private renters in Northern Ireland struggling with rising costs.
--------------------
What is the minimum wage and how much is it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48445674?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 10:01 AM
The minimum wage for over-23s is going up 9.7% in April of next year.
--------------------
Cost of living: 'My daughter wraps me in a blanket to keep warm'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-63602451?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 1:14 AM
Patients with kidney disease are struggling to keep warm and pay for their dialysis, a charity says.
--------------------
WhatsApp groups help get food to those who need it
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63461678?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 12:00 AM
Messaging apps have become a popular way to reach people who are struggling with the cost of food.
--------------------
What is the triple lock and how much will my pension go up by?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53082530?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 17, 2022, 12:38 PM
The government has confirmed that the state pension will increase by inflation from April 2023.
--------------------
What is the energy price cap and what will happen to bills?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58090533?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 17, 2022, 2:10 PM
The energy bill support package will continue after April, but will be less generous.
--------------------
Autumn Statement: BBC experts on six things you need to know
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63386356?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 10:41 AM
BBC correspondents on how the new economic plan will affect your household budget.
--------------------
UK inflation rate calculator: How much are prices rising for you?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62558817?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 16, 2022, 7:09 AM
Use our calculator to find out how much the cost of living is going up in your household.
--------------------
What is the inflation rate and why are prices rising so much?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12196322?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 16, 2022, 9:08 AM
The cost of living is increasing at its fastest rate in 40 years, due to rising food and energy prices.
--------------------
Cost of Living: 'I've given up booze and Netflix to cut costs, but I've got hope'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63629083?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 16, 2022, 2:06 AM
As young people are hit by the rising cost of living, how are they coping?
--------------------
What is a recession and how could it affect me?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52986863?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 13, 2022, 9:32 PM
The UK could be set for its longest recession since records began, the Bank of England has warned.
--------------------
When are the £324 cost-of-living payments and energy rebates due?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61592496?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 8, 2022, 12:04 AM
All UK households are getting £400 off their winter energy bill and many on low incomes get extra help.
--------------------
Albanian migrant: 'I wish I'd never tried to enter the UK illegally'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63673925?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 1:57 AM
Artan tells the BBC he spent thousands crossing the English Channel, only to be deported back to Albania.
--------------------
Changing the lives of Senegalese people disabled by clubfoot
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63649893?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 2:11 AM
As Cape Town hosts Africa's first ever conference on clubfoot, the BBC witnesses a pioneering treatment in Senegal.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Hope returns to Kherson after Russian forces leave
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63696944?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 5:31 AM
Kherson starts its long healing process - though Russian forces are only a few miles away.
--------------------
Safe haven laws and the surrendered infants in US
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63387906?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 12:12 AM
Michelle told no-one she was pregnant. So when she gave birth by the roadside, she did something she came to regret.
--------------------
Laura Kuenssberg: How much is the Autumn Statement going to hurt?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63689718?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 4:15 PM
Do ministers believe pain for people and public services is the price of stability, asks Laura Kuenssberg.
--------------------
Talking therapy: How ice cream is helping people discuss difficult topics
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63503970?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 12:14 AM
Artist Annie Nicholson's work has centred around grief since she lost family members in a tragic accident.
--------------------
Jang Jung Hyuck: ‘Compared to escaping North Korea, the fights feel like nothing’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-63644829?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 12:02 AM
Jang Jung Hyuck used kickboxing to cope with the trauma of escaping North Korea.
--------------------
Alan MacMasters: How the great online toaster hoax was exposed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/the-reporters-63622746?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 1:08 AM
How a 15-year-old schoolboy exposed a much-repeated "fact" as a Wikipedia hoax.
--------------------
Ukraine war: Were Russian soldiers shot after surrendering?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63676446?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 2:19 PM
Video has emerged that Russia says shows the killing of their troops in eastern Ukraine.
--------------------
Instagram and TikTok star: 'We're not used to seeing disabled people as sexy'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-63573815?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 9:15 AM
Instagram star Sophie Butler speaks about her gym accident and how she ended up on the catwalk.
--------------------
Banksy uses Ukraine as a canvas
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63686223?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 19, 2022, 2:01 AM
The footage shows the anonymous British artist working around Kyiv - but never reveals his face.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: England demolish Iran in World Cup opener
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63669799?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 3:41 PM
England's World Cup campaign opened in thoroughly convincing fashion as they outclassed Iran in Doha.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Gareth Southgate 'happy' as England thrash Iran
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63708209?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 4:09 PM
England manager Gareth Southgate is "happy" with his team's performance after thrashing Iran 6-2 in their first match of the World Cup, but calls himself "a miserable so and so" for not being satisfied with how the game ended.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Marcus Rashford makes immediate impact with England's fifth
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63706419?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 3:16 PM
Substitute Marcus Rashford controls the ball with his first touch, the second is a neat flick inside a bamboozled defender, the third is a cool finish to make it 5-1 to England against Iran.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Ticketing app issues mean hundreds of fans miss start of England v Iran
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63704491?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 4:00 PM
Hundreds of fans miss the start of England's opening World Cup match against Iran because of an issue with Fifa's ticketing app.
--------------------
Bale ready for 'historic' opener: Wales v USA preview
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63603389?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 4:00 PM
Gareth Bale is ready to lead Wales in a "massive piece of history" when he captains them in their first World Cup match for 64 years on Monday.
--------------------
Rassie Erasmus behaviour 'making South Africa so easy to dislike' - John Smit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63705156?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 3:51 PM
Director of rugby Rassie Erasmus' behaviour makes South Africa "so easy to dislike", says Springboks great John Smit.
--------------------
What's taking the knee and why is it important?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53098516?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 12:50 PM
Taking the knee has spread across the sporting world as a statement against racism.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Wales savour their moment in time after 64 years away
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63696099?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 4:43 AM
After a painful 64-year absence from World Cups, Wales are set to make an emotional return when they face the United States on Monday.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Spending the night at Qatar's £175-a-night fan village
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63691286?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 5:55 AM
BBC Sport's Nesta McGregor spends the night at the Qetaifan Island Fan Village just north of Doha, where football fans are arriving for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
--------------------
World Cup: A quick guide to the Qatar 2022 tournament
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-63644557?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 21, 2022, 10:05 AM
Not a football fan? Here's what you need to know about the biggest competition on the planet.
--------------------
England: 'No escape from furnace and expectation at World Cup 2022'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63693420?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 8:12 PM
With England set to open their World Cup campaign against Iran on Monday, BBC Sport's Phil McNulty takes a closer look at what is at stake.
--------------------
'My small country is now the centre of the world'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-63696648?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 9:20 PM
How Qataris feel about their country becoming the first in the Arab world to host a World Cup.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Iran's turbulent build-up amid violent anti-government protests
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63588927?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 17, 2022, 12:02 AM
As anti-government protests continue to rage in Iran, the country's football team will soon have a global stage for their voice.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: How Wales can start 'dream' World Cup with a win
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63680715?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 2:11 PM
Former Wales defender and BBC pundit Danny Gabbidon on how Rob Page's side can start their first World Cup for 64 years by beating the United States.
--------------------
Will you be allowed to watch the World Cup at work?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63420545?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 6:34 AM
Bosses have to decide whether to get behind the controversial World Cup.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Why some football fans will not watch on TV
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-63662610?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 7:07 AM
With Qatar's human rights abuses in the spotlight, will LGBTQ+ people be watching the tournament?
--------------------
World Cup music: Why official singles went out of fashion
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63668308?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 12:22 AM
While Three Lions still gets played every tournament, the days of squad singles are long gone.
--------------------
Who will win the World Cup? BBC pundits make their predictions
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63607882?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 6:06 AM
Who will win, who might spring a surprise and how will England and Wales do? BBC pundits predict what will happen at the 2022 World Cup.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Fixtures, schedule, groups and where to watch on TV
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60959746?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 16, 2022, 2:57 PM
BBC Sport provides a day-by-day guide to who is playing when and where you can watch the match in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
--------------------
World Cup 2022: What can England and Wales fans expect in Qatar?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63427242?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 1:20 PM
Cost, travel, rooms - what can supporters expect from the first World Cup in the Middle East?
--------------------
World Cup 2022: Tournament in Qatar set to get under way
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63670102?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 12:48 AM
After 12 years of questions, criticisms and conjecture, the Fifa World Cup in Qatar will finally get under way on Sunday.
--------------------
Pioneer opens doors for female referees in Qatar
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/63519142?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 7:45 AM
Rwanda's Salima Mukansanga hopes being selected for the men's World Cup will help other officials.
--------------------
The best teams who never won the World Cup
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63102119?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 17, 2022, 10:16 AM
The best teams not to win the World Cup are ranked by Gary Lineker, Alan Shearer and Micah Richards in the latest Match of the Day Top 10 podcast.
--------------------
2022 World Cup: The numbers which make the Qatar event so different
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63118686?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 18, 2022, 7:08 AM
The World Cup in Qatar starts on Sunday in what promises to be a unique tournament. So what makes it so different?
--------------------
Climate change: Five key takeaways from COP27
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63693738?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 11:04 AM
The biggest win on climate since the Paris Agreement in 2015... or the biggest loss?
--------------------
What is loss and damage and will rich nations pay for climate change?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63478446?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 2:56 PM
In a landmark deal, richer nations agree to give money to developing nations facing climate change.
--------------------
COP26: What was agreed at the Glasgow climate conference?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-56901261?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 15, 2021, 1:28 PM
A crucial climate change summit has been held in the UK which could change our lives.
--------------------
COP27: What have global leaders done on climate change in 2022?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63458945?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 20, 2022, 10:57 AM
With a historic agreement signed off at COP27, have nations kept their promises from the last UN climate summit?
--------------------
Climate change: Four things you can do about your carbon footprint
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-58171814?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 4, 2022, 2:49 PM
Small changes to our lifestyles and choices could limit our personal carbon footprint.
--------------------
What is climate change? A really simple guide
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24021772?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 2, 2022, 9:23 AM
World temperatures are rising because of human activity, threatening every aspect of human life.
--------------------
COP27: Without Greta, activists make waves at climate summit
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63599932?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 15, 2022, 12:05 AM
Young campaigners say they are calling out "greenwashing" at COP27 from the inside.
--------------------
Climate change: Is the UK on track to meet its targets?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/58160547?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 7, 2022, 2:59 PM
The UK hosted a major global climate summit in 2021, but is it on track to meet its own commitments?
--------------------
What do scientists actually want?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-59212185?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 9, 2021, 1:21 AM
We asked climate experts from around the world what they want to see agreed at COP26 this week.
COP27: Lack of women at negotiations raises concern
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63636435?at_medium=RSS&at_campaign=KARANGA
November 16, 2022, 1:01 AM
Women barely feature in negotiations in Egypt despite bearing the brunt of climate change.

Click here to read the complete article