From: Retro ...@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.announce
Subject: search in rslight
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 03:18 UTC
 by: Retro Guy - Wed, 20 May 2020 03:18 UTC

I think I may have finally fixed search in rslight.

I haven't worked on it in quite a while, but it now seems to be working properly. I'll keep testing for a while but it seems ok.

Version 0.6.5d will be released soon (hopefully within a week). It will include this fix in search, as well as a few bug fixes, and support for more newsreaders. Upgrading from 0.6.5b or c is a simple matter of using the upgrade script to just overwrite your existing scripts, then verifying new config options and adding them to your current config file. Upgrade does not overwrite any of your config files.

It also includes much faster spooling of articles if you change your upstream server or respool a group (much less bandwidth usage, which is great in i2p),
Much better handling of Xref data and xover info.
Duplicate checking is improved to avoid rejecting crossposted articles.
The nntp server has a few commands/features added.

Probably more but I can't think of it now. Again, upgrading is very simple from 0.6.5b or c, and should only take a couple of minutes. It makes no changes to your config or spool, just scripts. The only action necessary after upgrading and verifying new config options is to restart the nntp server.

Retro Guy

--
Posted on: Rocksolid Light
news.novabbs.com