From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Subject: WINDOWS 7: CAN YOU SUGGEST TO ME AN ANTIVIRUS?
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 18:52:57 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 17:52 UTC

I am using a windows 7 computer.
I read several reviews about antivirus, but I wish the opinion
of a real user.
Is someone in this groups using windows 7 with an antivirus that don't
slow too much the system and don't consume too much memory?

Re: WINDOWS 7: CAN YOU SUGGEST TO ME AN ANTIVIRUS?

<e7ea8e63f3ae69a5f541f383a462ae7e@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16271&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16271

From: J...@M (D)
Subject: Re: WINDOWS 7: CAN YOU SUGGEST TO ME AN ANTIVIRUS?
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 20:51:02 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 19:51 UTC

On Thu, 28 Dec 2023 18:52:57 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>I am using a windows 7 computer.
>I read several reviews about antivirus, but I wish the opinion
>of a real user.
>Is someone in this groups using windows 7 with an antivirus that don't
>slow too much the system and don't consume too much memory?

afaict, microsoft security essentials is still working fine on w7 pc;
one-time scans using malwarebytes or whatever program you prefer can
help to rid the system of what mse doesn't catch; ccleaner helps too

Re: WINDOWS 7: CAN YOU SUGGEST TO ME AN ANTIVIRUS?

<umkknt$14jdi$2@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16272&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16272

From: use...@bofh.team (Ivo Gandolfo)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2023 21:10:37 +0100
 by: Ivo Gandolfo - Thu, 28 Dec 2023 20:10 UTC

On 28/12/2023 18:52, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> I am using a windows 7 computer.
> I read several reviews about antivirus, but I wish the opinion
> of a real user.
> Is someone in this groups using windows 7 with an antivirus that don't
> slow too much the system and don't consume too much memory?

If your hardware it's too old to update to windows 10, I suggest you to
switch to any linux you prefer, it's better than use an 15 year old OS.

Sincerely

--
Ivo Gandolfo

Re: WINDOWS 7: CAN YOU SUGGEST TO ME AN ANTIVIRUS?

<be03bed782a5008b9d7da7006d181601@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16287&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16287

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 14:07:32 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 13:07 UTC

> If your hardware it's too old to update to windows 10, I suggest you to
> switch to any linux you prefer, it's better than use an 15 year old OS.

I have also win10 and win11 computers.
I have three linux computers too.
But I want to continue to use my win7 pc in order to communicate
anonymously.

Re: WINDOWS 7: CAN YOU SUGGEST TO ME AN ANTIVIRUS?

<1b7f78cf4b6f1252684756992aeb4a14@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16289&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16289

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 15:07:49 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Sat, 30 Dec 2023 14:07 UTC

On Sat, 30 Dec 2023 14:07:32 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
>Ivo Gandolfo <usenet@bofh.team> wrote:
>> If your hardware it's too old to update to windows 10, I suggest you to
>> switch to any linux you prefer, it's better than use an 15 year old OS.
>>
>I have also win10 and win11 computers.
>I have three linux computers too.
>But I want to continue to use my win7 pc in order to communicate
>anonymously.

essentials like tor browser also moving beyond old windows . . .

https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-1308/
>New Release: Tor Browser 13.0.8 (Desktop)
>by richard | December 21, 2023
>Tor Browser 13.0.8 is now available from the Tor Browser download page
>https://www.torproject.org/download/alpha/
>and also from our distribution directory.
>https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/13.0.8/
>This is an emergency desktop-only release which fixes a crash in pluggable
>transports for Windows 7 users. The most recent Go toolchain update seems to
>have finally broken Windows 7 suport (see golang/go/#57003 for background).
>We have downgraded our lyrebird, conjure, and webtunnel pluggable transports
>to the 1.20 series and they should be working once more on older Windows
>systems. Unfortunately, the snowflake pluggable transport depends on the
>1.21 series to work, so it will remain broken on these systems.
>We highly encourage Tor Browser users who are still on Windows 7 or 8 to
>either upgrade their systems to a modern Linux distribution, or at least to
>a supported version of Windows (10 or higher). Tor Browser will neccessarily
>have to drop support for Windows 7 and 8 after the ESR 128 transition next
>year, as Mozilla's minimum Windows operating system requirements is now
>Windows 10 or newer as of Firefox 116.
>Send us your feedback
>If you find a bug or have a suggestion for how we could improve this
>release, please let us know.
>Full changelog
>The full changelog since Tor Browser 13.0.7 is:
>*Windows
> Bug tor-browser-build#41053: All PT's crash instantly in 13.0.7
> Bug tor-browser#42179: PTs on Tor Browser 13 do not work with Windows 7
>*Linux
> Bug tor-browser-build#41050: Improve the disk leak sanitization on
> start-$browser
>*Build System
> All Platforms
> Bug tor-browser-build#41042: Add options to include updates in the
> changelog scripts
> Bug tor-browser-build#41043: Create script to push build requests to
> Mullvad build servers
[end quote]

Re: WINDOWS 7: CAN YOU SUGGEST TO ME AN ANTIVIRUS?

<7dad43d9ac3206c6f3a2f223e996e782@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16307&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16307

From: nob...@dizum.com (Nomen Nescio)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 11:34:00 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: Nomen Nescio - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 10:34 UTC

> essentials like tor browser also moving beyond old windows . . .

It is not a fair new for me.

Re: WINDOWS 7: CAN YOU SUGGEST TO ME AN ANTIVIRUS?

<c3d9c80c2392137f1458c34e3e66066c@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=16315&group=alt.privacy.anon-server#16315

From: J...@M (D)
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 15:55:21 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.privacy.anon-server
 by: D - Mon, 1 Jan 2024 14:55 UTC

On Mon, 1 Jan 2024 11:34:00 +0100 (CET), Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com> wrote:
On Sun, 31 Dec 2023 , D <J@M> wrote:
>> essentials like tor browser also moving beyond old windows . . .
>>
>It is not a fair new for me.

all's fair in love and war . . . besides, tor browser is far too
popular for windows 7 users to be left without some alternatives;
simply keep using the last working version before the transition,
or try using omnimix built-in tor to connect other browsers, etc.
linux could be a learning curve so windows 11 is probably easier,
and every program i've tested that runs on w7 also runs on w11

computers / alt.privacy.anon-server / Re: WINDOWS 7: CAN YOU SUGGEST TO ME AN ANTIVIRUS?